17451 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70810Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (225) 349-8476
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Mon-Thu 11:00am - 9:00pm
Fri 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sat 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sun Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
A word from The Grill
Contemporary American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Grill - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
The Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)romantic (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- An outstanding hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014My wife and I noted the opening of The Grill several months ago and commented often that we should 'check it out'. This Wednesday we did and our biggest regret was that we waited so long before doing so. WOW! The atmosphere was soothing, the staff pleasant and courteous, and our server Rhonda was simply outstanding. We were accompanied by my daughter and her boyfriend so we decided to all try different dishes, and all of them were amazing. The appetizers of fried calamari and Cajun egg rolls were fresh, and perfectly done. We shared a lettuce wedge (it was huge) which was chilled and covered with blue cheese dressing and bacon chips. The entrees included Shrimp and pasta, the scampi dish, grits and fried oysters, and my own Eggplant Charlie. Each was perfectly cooked and the presentation was outstanding. And to top it off, The Grill featured a live singer who provided the type of music everyone would like, and at just the right sound level so as to be comfortably entertained but not so as to interfere with normal levels of dinner table conversation. Folks, Baton Rouge has a lot of great places to dine and The Grill is another outstanding addition to that list. Check this one out and I promise you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't last long...BKM82Dined on 10/26/2014It's a subpar restaurant at best. Their website makes it sound high end, which is part of why I got reservations beforehand. Didn't need them. It was 12:30 on a Sunday and there was maybe 5 other tables. Mostly elderly women, strangely enough... The food was nothing to write home about. We ordered from the brunch menu, selecting crepes and French toast (both of the mixed berry variety). Both dishes were described as coming with a creme anglaise, which was not present on either. The French toast was soggy from the sauce they slopped all over it. I had to scrape it all off and ask for powdered sugar, since the sauce took off what little had been on it to begin with. Even the coffee was terrible! I couldn't make it palatable.
- Definitely returning!Eating225Dined on 10/11/2014Relaxed atmosphere with a touch a class. Excellent service. Recommend the Cajun Egg Rolls and the Lamb. Want to go back and try brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKaronVIPDined on 10/9/2014Took over an hour to get our food and it was not crowded. Several things on the menu were not available. Once we placed order we had to relook at menu to find alternatives. Asparagus soup was too salty. Chicken piccata was too heavy handed with the sauce. One large thick piece of chicken instead of thin slices.
- Somewhat DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Initially excited to schedule business lunch for 7 people here. Service was very slow. Lunch menu choices were "okay". Did not have plain, unsweetened iced tea for a beverage. Seems that restaurant is trying to be too frou frou instead of just serving good food. Sandwiches did not come with any mustard or mayo. We had to ask for those and other condiments for french fries.
- DisappointedVicFromLouisianaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went here a few weeks after their initial opening and entree was delivered to the table minutes after the salad arrived. I cut them some slack as they were working out issues. This time the entrees were ready as soon as the salads were delivered. I told them that this was unacceptable and asked them to re-cook the meals. Well they did because the tuna that was supposed to be medium well was well done. They must have cooked the same piece of fish twice or they are clueless on what medium rate is. I absolutely will not be back. And to top it off, they had a singer singing a Frank Sinatra and Barry Manilow. He was Ok but not for vackground music at a restaurant.
- Menu UpdateeatlocalDined on 8/31/2014Went on a Sunday for Brunch, they offer an exclusive Brunch menu. When asked to see the Lunch menu, they responded "you can order from the normal lunch menu but there would be an "up-charge" to order, since we are serving from the Brunch menu today". Also ordered a stuffed berry crepe and it was suppose to come with a chocolate covered strawberry, it did not. When I mentioned it the server finally return after the check and gave us an up-ripe strawberry dipped in a white sauce. She did her best, but that wasn't a chocolate covered strawberry. Other than those two minor reviews, the place was clean, food was good and we'll return another day to try out the lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisiana Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014As the great "Tony Bennett" singer sang it was a great Louisiana Saturday night. Atmosphere great, food excellent and loved the singer. The rack of lamb incredible. A truly enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONascensionitesDined on 8/15/2014WE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EATING AT THE GRILL! THE FOOD WAS AWESOME AND SO WAS SERVICE! REALLY ENJOYED THE MUSIC! WE HAD A BLAST THERE AND WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at reasonable prices!!PastorJVIPDined on 7/26/2014The Grille has great food and a wonderful atmosphere! Chef Michelle puts her heart and soul into every meal, and you're sure to be pleased with the presentation and the quality of the food you receive!Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the The Grill reviews archive.
- Great location near Highland/I10OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014This was our third dinner at The Grill. My husband loved the salmon so much, he's had it all three times. I've had scallops twice and shrimp once, both great. Our recent outing with four other couples was a hugh success. The dinner music, service and food were all great. Obviously, I recommend this restaurant very strongly. By the way, save room for desser. The chocolate cake, bread pudding and key lime pie are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new dining in our area!SusanDined on 7/12/2014Our dining experience at The Grill was wonderful. Drinks were good, food was outstanding and we had great service too! Had to have the chocolate cake, best in town, in my opinion!! So glad to have this new restaurant in our area. We will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could use a little improvement!KatieVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Grill just recently opened and we had a very nice meal there. The Eggrolls were great, the Duck was delicious as was the steak and veal chop. Fried Oysters (instead of Shrimp) with Grits was a different combination that didn't quite work. The prices, unfortunately, were very high and everything is a la carte. We thought it was going to be a more reasonably priced restaurant, since a couple of others in the neighborhood are very pricey. The menu was very adventurous and had probably too many selections, but overall the food was very tasty. The Chocolate Cake was also good too. I would go back and try it for lunch, but probably not for dinner unless they change the pricing a little.Special Features: