The Grill at The Pittstown Inn
350 Pittstown Rd.
Pittstown, NJ 08867Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grill at The Pittstown Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pittstowninn.com/
- Phone: 9087350125
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from The Grill at The Pittstown Inn
The Pittstown Inn, a restaurant with 300 years of history now has a new lease on life. Join us for the freshest of contemporary gourmet dining for lunch, dinner, or a special night on the town. And ask about our private dining room for parties or meetings. A friendly bar, comfortable ambiance, and welcoming staff are waiting for you just down the road in Pittstown, New Jersey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill at The Pittstown Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good Food - inexperienced serversPhilDined on 10/17/2014A nice surprise, recently renovated. Great atmosphere, solid menu but the servers were inexperienced and did not match the attempt of the owner to portray an upmarket restaurant. Lots of smashing pots and glasses. Our meal lasted close to 3 hours due to a mixed up with the our order. The owner did all he could to correct with comp's salads, wine, desert but it made for a long evening. Thankfully we had time on our side and great company. I would try again but I would watch out for the service time.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT LUNCHPOTATOESVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everyone was very pleasant and helpful at the Grill at the Pittstown Inn. My husband had the Caesar's salad and I had the spinach and endive salad....both were very good. The Franklin burger and chicken club were excellent. The décor was very nice and the restaurant was very clean. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely rebirthJmayVIPDined on 8/16/2014This old inn used to be our destination on a cold wintry day. It has been totally renovated and is currently an inviting, well-appointed dining space with an interesting (albeit often spicy) menu. On a recent Sunday night there was the added benefit of a James Taylor sound-alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, could be betteralwayshungryVIPDined on 7/6/2014The yet-again reincarnated Pittstown Inn has the potential to be an excellent restaurant: an experienced owner-manager who is hands-on; a reasonably priced and interesting wine list; and, it appears, expertise in the kitchen. I would like them to feature a few more specials each evening to broaden the menu. The regular menu ((to this "foodie"(for lack of a better word)) doesn't hold much interest to me; but that menu is attracting a good crowd that wants a burger and a beer. I wish them success and hope that success brings the variety I would like. Also, the staff needs to be educated but, unfortunately, that is Hunterdon County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience!PeteSDined on 7/5/2014Excellent service. Excellent food, the owner came over and introduced himself. one of my dining frieds had the specialty cold soup and said it was the best soup he has ever had. My hanger steak was excellent. Parking is across the street, others have compalined about that in their reviews, but hey this si a 200 year old building! Parking not an issue to me. Recommended.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the The Grill at The Pittstown Inn reviews archive.
- Enjoyed it again! A gem!RichLVIPDined on 6/8/2014I have been coming here five years and was worried with the change of ownership. But I have been here six times since the new owner took over about a year ago and I have to say he continues to make great improvements every time I visit. Food quality is up and prices are consistent. Service is much improved. This is a great place to grab a casual dinner with friends, have a special dinner or sit at the bar and drink and eat calamari. Honestly Hunteron needs more places like this. Price point good. Not cheap not expensive. Quality food and freshness is the new owners priority. Atmosphere calm and relaxing and place clean. A place where you can go, and have and just have a really good meal. Have the burger. Try a special. Have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better!BetterVIPDined on 4/15/2014Always liked the Pittstown, but the recent changes have made it even better! Excellent service, great food, and the live music on Tuesday night was perfect! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice white tablecloth diningdudleyDined on 4/13/2014Husband, son and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday evening dinner here. Very quiet, good food, good drinks, nice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotFranCVIPDined on 3/29/2014We had not been to the Grill at the Pittstown Inn in over a year but heard it was under new management so wanted to give it a try. The Inn looks the same, old world charm mixed with updated and clean finishes. The food was quite good. My entrée was the daily seafood special and it was delicious. My husband had tuna which was also very well done. I was less thrilled with my appetizer. I love beet salad and the beets and lettuce were quite good but it was a bit bitter for my taste. I don't think the dressing was quite bold enough to offset the bitterness of the arugula. Service was quite competent. I would recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back with a bangFoodieDined on 3/22/2014I have been a resident of Pittstown for about 7 years and had stopped going to the Pittstown inn for the past 3 years or so, but I must admit the new owner has definitely turned this place around, the interiors are so much better and fresh, the place is so so much cleaner. The whole attitude of the place is more welcoming. The food specially the tuna was excellent, had the spring roll special which was great, but my friend had the brunch and I must say that their brunch was the highlight . Excellent and professional service is always nice. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is pedestrian at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2014Food is pedestrian at best. Mostly under seasoned and not imaginative. Parking is horrific especially for women with heels anyone with nice shoes.
- Great restaurantSteveDined on 2/22/2014Will go again. Live entertainment was enjoyable. Food and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was truly impressed. I can'tFlemingtonDined on 12/31/2013I was truly impressed. I can't wait to go back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year BlissNewYearsBlissDined on 12/31/2013Dinner, service, live music (guitar player/ singer) and ambience were great! The service deserves extra kudos! The restaurant was very busy however the service kept up with the requests of the customers. We were not rushed at all! Our meal, filet and shrimp, was cooked to perfection and delicious. We did not need a steak knife for the fillet. large portions as well. Tables are a bit close to each other but you still felt that you had your own space. The noise level can be high but not unbareable. We love this restaurant during all seasons. We have never had a bad meal here and have enjoyed sitting outside during the warm weather for cocktails and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gemFoodieDined on 12/15/2013I live locally and I am very happy that we have this place in our town, they were open even the day of the storm, we enjoyed our dinner thoroughly, no rush at all. The calamari was cooked perfectly and we enjoyed the stake and the salmon, good selection of beer on the tap. Service was right on. The owner is always there and makes it a point to come and check if everything is to your liking and expectations. I will always support them, excellent place with Much changed attitude after the new ownership. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDandKFoodiesDined on 12/12/2013We pass this restaurant all the time. It's pretty from the outside and the inside is also reasonably set up. The short answer: You can do better locally. Skip it. The Service: Waiter claimed "they were out" of a low markup $40 bottle, tried to upsell us to a high markup $60 bottle, made a sour face when I asked for the $45 low markup bottle. Yes, I knew what you were trying to do and you probably had the $40 bottle back there too. My water wasn't refilled. We were rushed through every course. Wife: "Did this calamari cook on its way here?" The Food: Indian food items on the menu seemed out of place. Appetizer was our in 3 min.(really), undercooked and bland. Salad was ok. Duck was way too salty. Ravioli was good. Dessert was boring.
- A Very Good ChangeJHackettVIPDined on 11/2/2013There is new management and a new vision at The Pittstown Inn and my wife and I were impressed with the changes. The food was very well prepared, the wine list had many of our favorites, including a noteworthy albeit pricey Super Tuscan or premium California selections, and the place was alive and vibrant. The house-made Hummus was the best I have ever had. Salads were just the right size and their choices were nicely sophisticated. There was an excellent musician performing in the front room, which made conversation challenging; ask to sit on the back room if you are on a date night with your wife!. Desserts were fresh and delicious. Our after dinner drink at the bar was relaxing, as they offer some excellent Ports and Grappas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was solidJenMDined on 10/12/2013Went with another couple and the owner and service are very nice and you can tell they really care. The food was solid, nothing out of this world. The portions are huge, way too big. Even the guys had trouble finishing their meals. It was nice to hear live music while we were waiting at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Everyone agreed their entree's were terrific. Great service and overall very nice experience. Worth the visit. Pretty location, fine wine list and good bar. So this is Pittstown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the heart of Rural Hunterdon.wineanddineVIPDined on 7/19/2013Nice scenic drive past farm after farm. After passing farm after farm on the 96 degree day, I was told gazpacho soup was available. I was looking forward to some thick, local tomatos and got a thin, watery liquid that tasted like V-8 juice (or bloody Mary mix). The jerked chicken quesadilla was good. A friend enjoyed her vegetable quesadilla while her huband said the same about his hummus plate. Another friend enjoyed the steak bites and fried pickles (I tliked it). Our original seating was in an area where the AC was restricted and was well over 80 degrees. We were moved to a much cooler area away from the open kitchen. The service was vey attentive. The couple said that they had a very good dinner here, 2 New Years Eves ago.
- Should have gone sooner!newfoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2013Tried this restaurant based solely on the fact that it was on Open Table. I will definitely be back! The servers were pleasant and friendly and the food was excellent. Cocktails were delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.