The Grill at The Boulders
34631 N Tom Darlington Dr
Scottsdale, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grill at The Boulders
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theboulders.com/restaurants-and-dining/the-grill-restaurant-and-bar.html
- Phone: 4804889020x
- Hours of Operation:
All Day Menu: 11:00am-2:30pm
Happy Hour in Lounge: 3:00pm-6:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday through Saturday, 5:30pm to 9:00pm
Grill Bar: 630am-900pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Scott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Boulderview Room & Terrace offers spectacular views of our lush Sonoran Desert and Tennis Garden. With a maximum capacity of over 100 guests, it is the perfect setting for a private corporate dinner, wedding or special occasions. The Grill is Open Tuesday through Saturday, from 5pm until 9pm.
- Private Party Contact: Shirley Shelton 480-595-3515x
- Special Events: W i n e D i n n e r S e r i e s~~2012-2013 Season
Based On Individual Winery’s Availability
For Details And Information Call
(480) 488-9009, Ext. 1117
A word from The Grill at The Boulders
Located at the award-winning Boulders Golf Course and overlooking the lush fairways of the 18th and 19th greens, The Grill offers a warm and inviting atmosphere, featuring an All-American menu, with great burgers, mouth-watering salads and sandwiches at lunch, and succulent appetizers and traditional favorite entrées for dinner. Keeping any sporting events and latest news center stage, The Grill Bar is also a popular gathering spot for golfers, sports enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike. Its casual ambiance is the perfect spot for an early morning breakfast and afternoon Happy Hour. Open daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill at The Boulders reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Great flank steak and pork chop. Dessert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rickDined on 5/14/2014A lovely evening. Staff is congenial and competent. Food and wine were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeriVIPDined on 5/7/2014We enjoyed a very quiet dinner. We were alone in the dinning room the entire meal. Good place to dine at 5:30 pm during a week day.Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the The Grill at The Boulders reviews archive.
- Special daysTemplewolfDined on 4/20/2014We attended for Easter brunch but found no open seating and/or buffet. Small outdoor patio was perfect. Not crowded and beautiful view on a gorgeous day. It's a nice, quiet hideaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaloVerde Room at the BouldersFrarDined on 4/2/2014This is the nicest of the restaurants at the Boulders Resort. The atmosphere is most comfortable, the food excellent and served very nicely.Special Features:
- Definitely a step down from LatillajmfoodVIPDined on 3/22/2014We visit the Boulders annually for a get away. The dining options are definitely shrinking. The Grill was a perfectly adequate gold club house experience; do not confuse this with fine dining as was formerly delivered at the Boulders Latilla Restaurant. Prime Rib was OK, desserts were good, wine choices limited and some mixed drinks so bad they needed to be sent back. Positive marks to the management that drinks not meeting expectation were comp'ed.
- Could have eaten here every night!RicoGOLFDined on 3/6/2014We decided to eat at The Grill at the Boulders Golf Resort and Spa mainly because we did not feel like venturing out. The reviews I had read were good. I have to say I absolutely loved our meal and the entire experience. We were seated outside with a wonderful view of the golf course and the desert. As the sun went down, we were able to enjoy a sunset complete with hot air balloons in the distance. The ambiance was so nice and relaxing. Our waiter that night was excellent as well - showing just enough attention without hovering. And the food was a wonderful surprise. We both had salads, which started off with fresh, warm bread. We enjoyed this restaurant so much we invited a friend from Phoenix to drive up and join us the next night.Special Features:
- Nice viewGraceVIPDined on 3/5/2014Small patio with a nice view of the golf corse. The food was rather run of the mill, but the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill....DiningProVIPDined on 2/28/2014Seated upon arrival at appointed time. Service was great as Murat took great care of us with timely checks on how we were doing. Food was very good but my wife's salmon was very salty. She advised our waiter who in turn advised the manager. The manager came to apologize and offered to replace the salmon. In the end he comped the salmon entree even in light of our saying not necessary. My braised short ribs were outstanding and recommend that entree. Nice evening, fairly quiet and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsBuddyDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was great with good background music. Desert menu was limited while the main dishes were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staying at the Boulders ResortOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2014Restaurant is on the resort compound. The food was good but if you have the ability to venture into town or Scottsdale, I would recommend that instead. The service was excellent and in line with the exceptional service of the resort. My wife and I are a bit on the foodie side and this didn't quite cut it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningDaveHVIPDined on 1/29/2014Our dinner at the Boulder’s Grille was an impromptu decision and one I am truly glad I made. We were greeted immediately and had a lovely table in a very quiet dining room. The wine list is simple, but well chosen. The food was excellent. My wife’s short ribs were excellent and tender. I had the grass fed New York Strip which was served to order and a generous portion. Our waitress was friendly yet allowed us to dine in relative privacy and did not hover but was available when needed.
- More than a Resort RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/1/2014While we were guests at the Boulders we ate at all 3 restaurants and found them each to be very high on the food quality scale. The chef here delivers inventive Sourthwestern-inspired cuisine that makes this a worth-while destination for any foodie in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningmjsiegelVIPDined on 12/30/2013Terrific food at reasonable prices with terrific service and a warm cozy atmosphere. Cant beat it. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- The Waldorf Astoria BouldersDinerDined on 10/30/2013The Waldorf Astoria Boulders Resort has in my opinion no longer a good dining restaurant. It is OK to eat there but for a resort of this not it is pittyful. Food was just OK, service a little clumsy but friendly. You need to go back to your roots, you were a hot place once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think we had a new waiter.JJreviewerVIPDined on 5/7/2013I think we had a new waiter. He was slow and we watched him carry our wine all around outside, and them lastly bring it back into the dining room to serve us. The entre I ordered was picked up and served to someone else and I was given hers. So, I sat while my husband ate his dinner and they fixed my dinner. They compensated with a glass of wine, but, that isn't really helping. We are dining out and expect excellence.Special Features:
- A golf-club restaurant. SittingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/2/2013A golf-club restaurant. Sitting on the patio gives a view of the course. Dress is casual.
- Great place for a special momentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent food, great ambience. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Quiet and RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013The Grille at the Boulders is a wonderful place to go if you would like a nice, quiet dinner with your significant other or a small group. The menu is small, but has something for everyone. The service is impeccable. This would probably not be a good place to take children, as it mostly caters to a more mature crowd and they would probably become restless with the lack of things to do. Right next to the Grille is a nice lounge where you could go for an after dinner drink or a before dinner cocktail. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- The Boulders has great views.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The Boulders has great views. It was a little hard to find the restaurant(Need Better Signage). The Menu and Ambiance needs updating, you fell like your in the 90's. As for the food, We felt they where trying too hard (over presentation on the food.) I would have preferred simple, clean and classic. My wife and I probably wouldn't go back unless they updated the menu.Special Features:
- Very good food.....serviceFoodyDined on 2/9/2013Very good food.....service alittle slow but waitress was very friendly and was working very hard. Think they needed more help that evening!!!Special Features:
- A small beautiful restaurantJohnVIPDined on 2/8/2013A small beautiful restaurant overlooking the 18th at the Boulders. Outstanding service and ambiance. Made us feel wanted on our anniversary. Excellent food and a visit from the chef was noteworthy. A must visit for couples.Special Features:
- Great Steak and Chops at aapricotalmaDined on 12/28/2012Great Steak and Chops at a fair price. The three course meals are an excellent choice when available; includes salad/soup, entree and dessert. Both the wedge and arugula salas were well prepared and tasted great. Wait staff were punctual and unobstrusive - never overbearing and very accomodating. You can eat at your own pace - never rushed. The bar adjacent to the restaurant is both a sports bar and place to have a leisuring cocktail thought without the ambiance of stuffed chairs and fireplace as the lounge outside the Boulders Palo Verde restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very dissapointing. The qualityBgbruceDined on 12/28/2012Very dissapointing. The quality of the food was sub par I ordered the lobster Mac and cheese and it was so poor that the manager did not charge me for it. I would not return
- Ambiance is very typical ofSusyDined on 12/1/2012Ambiance is very typical of golf club restaurant. Menu and food weary very good. Our main course was delayed and the staff went out if their way to apologize and make it up for us
- Outstanding experience inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Outstanding experience in every way! The executive chef designed the perfect menu for Thanksgiving and the staff could not have been better. We had a 5:15PM seating and they never rushed us out; instead they encouraged us to take our time and stay. I would recommend the Grill to anyone who wants to eat well and feel comfortable while doing it! We will be back again next year with special friends and family.Special Features:
- Food was of high caliber withSteveVIPDined on 11/17/2012Food was of high caliber with an interesting diversity. Hospitality and service were very friendly and personable. Outdoor on the patio was very scenic and romantic. Certainly a great choice for fine dining in North Scottsdale.Special Features:
- The ambiance and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012The ambiance and service were very good. My dinner was delicious; my husband felt his dinner was good/fair.Special Features:
- Interesting ground Good value FabOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/6/2012Interesting ground Good value Fabulous service We very much enjoyed our dinner at the Grill.Special Features:
- Recently opened to the publicGwenDined on 3/8/2012Recently opened to the public to offer another fine dining option near Carefree. The scallops were excellent and well priced and the service was great. Only complaint: The wine list was overpriced (400% markup over retail, which is way outside the norm).
- Delightful grille in BouldersDining101VIPDined on 2/22/2012Delightful grille in Boulders golf club. Terrific wait staff. The calamari appetizer was best I ever had anywhere. Entrees were very good and mainly seafood and beef choices. If you stay near the Boulders in Scottsdale, consider the Grille for dinner.
- The lights are too bright.BrunchVIPDined on 1/3/2012The lights are too bright. Like dining in a cafeteria. Food was only fair