The Grill at Highland Row
4705 Old Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grill at Highland Row
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thegrillathighlandsrow.com/
- Phone: 8658517722
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With seating for up to 40 guests, our private dining room is the perfect place to host your next business,social get together,or special event. Work with our chef to develop a customized special event menu or allow your guests to order directly from our extensive menu. Contact Chad Barger at 865-851-7722 for private dining availability and reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Barger 8658517722
- Entertainment: Live jazz featured on patio every Wednesday evening weather permitting.
A word from The Grill at Highland Row
The Grill at Highlands Row is a locally owned and operated steak and seafood restaurant featuring sophisticated Southern cuisine. The unique menu reflects the restaurant"s commitment to the Knoxville and East Tennessee area. The Grill's steak options include locally raised, all natural grass-fed beef, as well as prime cuts and our Butcher Block selections. The bread is made by Knoxville-based Hogan's Bakery, cheeses are from Sweetwater Valley, and the Elk Burger is made from elk farm-raised in Morgan County. In addition, The Grill offers a wide variety of diverse seafood options including shrimp and grits, award winning crab cakes, a traditional 'High' country seafood boil, and fresh Carolina trout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Grill at Highland Row - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Grill at Highland Row reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (20)good for groups (17)romantic (17)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our first time there and it was great. I felt the food was overpriced in some aspects but in others it was below market value. We plan to go back and the friends we took said that they wanted to make it a regular dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Anniversary DinnerKnoxfoodieDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I spent our first anniversary, just as we did the occasion of our 1-year-dating, at The Grill at Highland's Row. The Grill is consistently good and offers seasonal menu variations. My wife had the Porkchop that was perfectly cooked to medium (don't be afraid Tennessee natives, it's perfectly fine to have medium-well whole muscle pork!) with spectacular, smokey Benton's Collards and mashed potatoes (which I found a tad lacking in flavor, but she loved). I had the Creole Braised Quarter of Chicken that was just perfect with tangy peach glaze and rich al dente ricotta gnocchi. Our server even brought us complimentary dessert and the manager, alerted to our instagramming came to visit our table. It was a great anniversary!Special Features:
- Delightful, as always!JudyFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, creative delicious menu, and good wine choices. And, they worked hard to accommodate our tight schedule, as we had a play to get to after dinner. Best crab cakes in town!Special Features:
- Lovely for Birthday DinnerMadiDined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I went for the first time for his birthday. Waiter was wonderful. Food was delicious and full of flavor. We were given a free dessert for his birthday, too! Would definitely return for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing EveningTREXAIKENVIPDined on 9/10/2014We are in the process of buying a home in Knoxville. We have experienced many ups and downs in the buying process. We selected this restaurant based on location and we will become regulars!! The atmosphere was very relaxing and our server, Jordan applied no pressure!! Despite arriving after 8pm, we were not rushed or ever felt pushed during our entire meal! Jordan was able to answer all of our questions relating to the menu and was very attentive and informative. The food was well presented & delicious! (Because it was late, I had a caesar salad & we share the cheese and charcuterie boards….lots of food to share!!). This is a great place to have a relaxing, no pressure evening with amazing food!! Highly recommended and great value!!Special Features:
- FantasticeasylivingDined on 9/7/2014This is our go-to place for special occassions. We also love to take out of town guests here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJamitatxDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated a late 15th anniversary and chose The Grill at Highland Row by requests of friends. We were not disappointed. It was excellent. We had fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits and crab cakes. It was all delicious. We will certainly be back for another special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week nt dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We were promptly seated in a nice quite booth( as we had requested online). Service was prompt and well done. Food was very good, especially the trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelminghunterDined on 8/16/2014Sadly disappointed. The menu descriptions made the features look very good. However, the actual dishes themselves were not very appealing. Very pricey for the quality of the food.
- One of my favorite Knoxville spots!ams1676Dined on 8/16/2014I love this place for many reasons. First, it is a gem in a sea of boring chain restaurants with which Knoxville is saturated. It is elegant, but not stuffy, you can come dressed up or slightly casual & still fit right in. The service is always fantastic & the servers & bartenders know their stuff. The wine list is not encylopedic, but you will have no problem getting a decent glass of wine & the cocktails are always mixed well. The menu is seasonal, which I love, this is one of the few restuarants where I am perfectly content to try something new everytime & I have never had a bad experience here.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceLarooVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had a delightful dinner at the Grill with some friends. The food and service were excellent. In particular, the chef's take on southern classics was creative, and all of the food was wonderfully fresh and appeared to be locally sourced. Very nice dining room and bar. Wine list was short but good, although several of the wines we ordered from the wine list were not in the cellar the night we were there. All in all a first-rate dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!MissIreneDined on 8/5/2014It was our first time dining there. Our marketing company was in from Nashville and we always take them somewhere different each time they are here. They LOVED it !! The food was fabulous!! Our server was Fatima. It was her first night and we were her first table. She was OUTSTANDING !!!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner againAlexDined on 8/2/2014Once again we had a great meal with friends. The trout is great, but we have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knoxville FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014It is our favorite restaurant in town. Have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014service and food is always great . :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful brunch at The Grill at Highland Row. No waiting for a table, and they were able to accommodate our large party. Terrific drink specials, great food and very reasonable prices. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- SuzySuzyVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food and service was excellent! Our waiter suggested a wine that we loved. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced and just okayMacdaddyDined on 6/20/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant. Upon arrival there was a mix up with our table. Our waitress was good and knew the menu well. We ordered the oysters and french onion soup. The oysters were ok, (actually have had better at other places). The soup was wonderful, best part of our whole meal and worth the $6. My wife ordered the grouper and I ordered the rib-eye with pepper crusting. Neither were worth the price. The grouper was over cooked and the cheese grits, I could have made at home. My rib-eye had such huge cracks of pepper on it, that he couldn't even eat it and the potatoes that came with the meal were crunchy and not completely cooked. We paid $91 for what should have been a $45 meal. NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!Special Features:
- awesome food and service.Bill2832Dined on 6/17/2014First time visit. Great dining experience.incredible service and great history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerBarbDined on 6/16/2014We went to celebrate my wife's birthday on a Monday evening. The restaurant wasn't crowded, and we received excellent service. An important note is that Monday is half price bottles of wine. This was a pleasant surprise. The porterhouse pork chop was excellent as well as the hot chicken (spicy). My wife received a free dessert for her birthday and chose the chocolate soufflé, and we teamed that with the Cruze Farm strawberry ice cream. We had a wonderful experience at the Grill on Highlands Row and will definitely return.Special Features:
- SallyDined on 6/15/2014It was perfect for a quiet family brunch on Sunday. Tables adorned with white linens. The service was excellent without being intrusive to guests' conversations. Food was hot and served in good time. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunchknoxdiner9Dined on 6/15/2014Highlands Grill always is a great meal and this was no different. Our food was great, and we had a wonderful waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDillonxxDined on 6/14/2014The food, drinks, and service were outstanding. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lacked organizationdmfloridaDined on 6/8/2014Made online reservation Sat eve. Called Sun a.m. to request patio. When we arrived hostess had no note of same. Hasty patio table set up with no silver, napkins. Brought on request. After bread brought had to ask for plates to which server said plates will come with the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014The food was delicious and came quickly. It was all well presented with good portions. Especially enjoyed the rolls basket with the assortment of toppingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oysters!nashvillefoodieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great food great service. Best oysters I have ever tasted. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 339 reviews are from the The Grill at Highland Row reviews archive.
- TasterDined on 6/1/2014Always friendly, food is wonderful, great place to talk.Special Features:
- Great steak!LadiesWhoLunchDined on 5/29/2014Our group of seven ladies went to Grill at Highland Row for a birthday dinner. Lovely evening, terrific martini, service was just right. While all the dishes were tasty, the steak was a stand-out, as were the corn dodgers. The dining room is a very large open area, barn-like really, but still manages to feel intimate. The bar looks like a nice and cozy spot to meet someone for a drink.Special Features:
- Brunch FavoriteIronmanDined on 5/25/2014We select this restaurant for brunch two or three times a month and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!LovetoCookDined on 5/18/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend, didn't even know it was there. Considering I've never seen it advertised, it was extremely busy. We went for brunch and it was fabulous. The French Toast is absolutely the best around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightNYstateofmindDined on 5/17/2014For our family graduation dinner we enjoyed the back room with its lovely exposed brick walls and chandelier, casual yet special. The location is convenient and ambience nice. The service and food was very good and we had a great night. The blackberry creme brulee was awesome!Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphereToddandErnieDined on 5/16/2014It was a little chilly for the patio, but we hope to try it the next time. The ambiance inside was warm and inviting. Our table was ready immediately and the server was very attentive giving recommendations on request and knowledgeable about the entire menu. The food was enough to split and delicious as always. A little pricey for a regular option, but great for special nights and the occasional treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience on several levelsBubwalkDined on 5/15/2014Our server was exactly what we appreciate - he's there when you need him but not intrusive. I think his name is Eric. We had a rambunctious 6 year old with us and Eric was timely in getting us what we needed to keep him entertained. On both of our visits, we have completely enjoyed the food. The Chef's custom touches are very, very interesting and tasty. We have tried just about everything on the menu now and not been disappointed once. The blackberry crème brulee was absolutely wonderful. And I am not a crème brulee fan. Our first visit was a romantic dinner, just the two of us. This most recent was with another couple and their child. Both experiences were delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Time - Needs Better SelectionsSuzieQDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mother's Day Brunch, but wished there were more lunch items instead of so many breakfast items. Also, they ran out of several things we ordered--from entree to dessert :(Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Brought my mom here for brunch and she is a very particular eater. She didn't want to order anything so I suggested the fried green tomato dish. She loved it!! The food was delicious, our server was great, and speedy service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill at Highland RowHappy2ShareDined on 5/11/2014I first came here for a business/financial seminar and really enjoyed the atmosphere and history. I thought it would be a neat place to try for brunch and for a special occasion, so I made reservations for Mother's Day. We had a wonderful time! The food was very good and the service was amazing. We had barely ordered when our food was put before us; we were stunned and commented about how quickly we had been served! We had 4 adults, a 3 year old and a 7 week old and had a wonderful experience, even with the babies. I look forward to coming again with a party of two-four for a more intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch!FoodchickDined on 5/11/2014Best brunch in Knoxville. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's DayKnoxDInersDined on 5/11/2014We had a great brunch on Mother's Day! Very prompt with the bread/beignets adn the food was timely. The server was over tasked, but you certainly could not tell by her wonderful attitude!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a change!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2014We have enjoyed The Grill in the past. However, when we arrived promptly for our 7:30 reservation made through Open Table, our table was not ready. We were told to wait in the bar and the hostess would come get us. I asked the bartender after a 20 minute wait if that were so; she assured me it was. After a 30 minute wait my husband went to the hostess and she said, "Oh, your table is ready whenever you want." No one ever came to get us. The trout was cooked well but the rosemary did not work and was overpowering. The pork chop was dry and sent back but the manager made the excuse that it is cooked dry around the edges to insure proper temp in the middle. They ran out of all dessert except ice cream and pecan pie.Special Features:
- Pleasantly tastyWhinetodineDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed one of the best steaks in K-town. Good flavor. Tender. Rates just slightly below K-town's two more pricey chain steak restaurants because it lacked the crusty exterior that I personally like. Excellent sides. I will return. Good value. Easy access. Pleasant atmosphere. Friendly staff. Short but quality wine list. I've already recommended Highlands to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.