The Grill at Harryman House
340 Main Street
Reisterstown, MD 21136Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill at Harryman House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrymanhouse.com/
- Phone: 4108338850x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Casey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harryman House will cater for smaller parties & wedding receptions. Full service catering includes Hors d'oeuvres, buffets, seated affairs and full bar/wine service.
A word from The Grill at Harryman House
Harryman House Restaurant is proud to serve their brand of American style cuisine. Housed in a restored eighteenth century log cabin, Harryman House offers their guests a "casual" dining experience served with formal excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Grill at Harryman House - Best Restaurants in Reisterstown ›
The Grill at Harryman House reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (31)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (24)romantic (22)good for groups (16)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Not RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I do not recommend this restaurant. Food was disappointing, and atmosphere weird. Noise from bar side could be heard in new dining space which feels like an atrium. Food did not keep up with contemporary standards. Menu has too many selections for chefs to be able to focus on doing anything well. Menu selections promised to be more interesting and delicious than they actually were. (Vidalia onion tart was overcooked and soggy, the tomato jam was more like a thick sauce, and Brussels sprouts were over-sweet and not caramelized at all. butternut bisque was decent. Molten Chocolate cake---not fresh or molten. Shrimp salad croissant was shaped like a croissant but made of multi-grain heavy tough bread--totally opposite of what a croissant is!
- Outstanding waiter!EnjoydiningoutVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had an Outstanding waiter! We had a baby with us. The waiter knew exactly what we needed to accommodate our needs. He made good suggestions as far as food choices.Special Features:
- Great BrunchScottDined on 9/28/2014The eggs benedict served with corn bread or over the traditional english muffins are both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The Grill at Harryman House is a go-to place for our family as we count on the consistent quality of food and service--and the excellent wine list. Saturday night was not up to their usual standard. Though the fresh rolls and oysters on the half-shell were outstanding, my chicken saltimbocca was, in a word, inedible. Dried out and plated in a sauce that tasted like a mixture of jarred BBQ sauce and swamp water. To their credit, it was taken off the bill. My husband's medium rare filet came out initially cooked medium well and had to be redone. Our dining partner's crabcake and rockfish specials were delicious. Service was OUTSTANDING. it is unfortunate that two dishes were problemmatic in one experience; however, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Harryman House is a great restaurant that is constantly making changes for the better. The food was delish and Lori, our waitress was a pleasure. We will be back again very soon. I am looking forward to the new fall menu!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding and service matched. Fine dining at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014There for a special occasion with dear friends. Always love it when I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Mediocre FoodALT1052Dined on 9/13/2014As other reviewers has stated the wait staff here is excellent. They are tentative when needed, but give you the time and space to enjoy your dinning experience. The food however is another story. Given the level of service and ambiance of the building, I was expecting to be blown away buy my meal, but I was sadly mistaken. The Food is " ok" at best for the price charged, but leaves a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Something's happening hereHankVIPDined on 9/12/2014There has been a definite change at The Grill. Over the past couple of years the food has noticeably improved and become more consistent. We used to be surprised at getting a really good meal. Now, we look forward to dining there on a more frequent basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the place!!CGJ1Dined on 9/12/2014The food and service was stellar!!! We loved our dinn thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014Crab soup basically tomato sauce with vegetables and stringy bits of crab meat. Shrimp and Grits, four 21-25 overdone shrimp with maybe two tablespoons of grits for $20.00 definitely not dinner size. Same with spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and veggies, they have a better larger size version at Ruby Tuesdays. Have been going to this restaurant for years and assume they changed cooks because this has never happened before. Food was flavorful though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/8/2014The soups here use to be so good. The other day I order crab soup and had to send it back because there wasn't any crab meat in it. It appear the chef put too much tomato sauce in the soup.Special Features:
- Food was okMazmiataDined on 9/3/2014My entre, the boullibase was delicious. Not enough fish and seafood and too much rice. Pork chop was too fatty and grisly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Fabulous!JoAnnDined on 8/31/2014You can never go wrong at the Harryman House! Great food, service and ambience. Never hurried, a great place to unwind and enjoy wonderful food in a very historic setting.Special Features:
- Lovely and deliciousDaveyboyDined on 8/23/2014Great date night. Very pretty and historic. Great wine list. Delicious shrimp and grits! Great atmosphere. The service was topnotch. I am now planning a brunch for my folks 50th. I am going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonaldDined on 8/17/2014The menu is quite unique but still has simple favorites to suit everyone's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Restaurant WeekPerfectBiteVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were delighted to discover that the Grill at Harryman House extended its Restaurant Week menu. The members of our party do not eat meat. We were very happy to see both a fish and a vegetarian entree option on the special menu. The red snapper was moist and delicately flavored with summer vegetables. The summer squash/pasta entree, with fresh peas and asparagus tips was also exceptional. We enjoyed our meal in the lovely new room at the back, where we were also able to enjoy the Ravens game without having to sit at the bar.Special Features:
- LetseatDined on 8/16/2014I made reservation for a date during Restaurant week. Asked to be seated in 1 of 2 areas (out of more) and that was accommodated. Wait staff was consistently attentive, and very patient during a rather prolonged process of choosing menus. When a bar beverage was not available when ordered, our waitress came back within minutes to say it was now available - thank you! This restaurant is consistently good. I traveled 15 miles to get to it as a central meeting point with friends. Could have met closer to home and still been a central meeting spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceNiceDined on 8/12/2014Very nice place for a special occasion, but not white linen. Service was excellent, waiter was tentative but not over bearing. Food was good and the snicker bar dessert was a great ending to a very good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy vegetarianveggiehunterDined on 8/10/2014I can't always find interesting and delicious vegetarian dishes at restaurants. Here I had several selections. The tomato mozzarella salad was wonderful. I'm not normally a spaghetti squash fan but my main dish of spaghetti squash with vegetables made me a convert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, interesting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The main thing I want to say is that I admire the chef's creativity. Food is very creative, but not weird. Good taste and great service for a higher, but not too high price. I and grateful to have Harryman House in my area. I would like to encourage the kitchen to make the desserts as special (creative) as the menu.Special Features:
- great foodfinches46VIPDined on 8/2/2014good food, quiet surroundings- gazpacho was very god. Waitperson was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were very disappointed with this restaurant for dinner. I had previously been here for lunch and it was great. Dinner is another story. Menu is kind of limited with not a lot of "popular" food choices. Waiter gave the impression that he would rather be somewhere else than working. We felt like we were " bothering" him whenever we needed / wanted something. Dessert was great, chocolate chip cheesecake!!
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2014Lunch is always wonderful at Harryman House. The only disappointing things was that they ran out of the crab quiche, which was the quiche of the day. We thought that it was strange that they ran out of it by noon since it was the quiche of the day. A daily special should be plentiful. I had the crab soup of the day and a shrimp salad sandwich. Both were delicious. Our waitress, Mickey, was terrific and very honest about recommendations. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- History was saved by Harryman HouseVerneneVIPDined on 7/23/2014The best place to dine is in the historic authentic log cabin part of this restaurant. Thanks to the owners, they preserved an important aspect of Reisterstown's history. Dining on thee porch is also delightful IF a person does not mind watching the traffic on Reisterstown Road. This is the only restaurant in Reisterstown area that offers fine dining. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good--Will Definitely ReturnTravelFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I hadn't been to The Grill at Harryman House in about 20 years. I was pleasantly surprised about everything -- the decor, the food, and the service. I had the shrimp and grits. The shrimp was slightly overcooked but the goat cheese grits were delicious. Several others in my party had the crab cakes which, everyone agreed, were outstanding. Our server was very friendly and attentive. We were seated in the more casual area of the restaurant. The acoustics were a bit loud and the t.v.'s were distracting, but I enjoyed the overall elegantly rustic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something changedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I use to frequent Harryman House on a somewhat regular basis, but after this last visit we wont retun. The service was great, vert nice and attentive. The problem is their food and prices. One trout entree and spaghetti squash. Food was barely warm and presentation was something I could do at home. Slices of bell peppers and shredded carrots like they came from a bag? That cost $22. The spaghetti squash was tasty, but again barely warm and very small portion. The dessert was the best. Awesome cheesecake. Could tell it was homemade. The menu themed idea is cheesy to say the least. Some definite changes at Harryman House that arent positive. Food is underwhelming. Ill keep going to Glyndon Grill
- Delicious food, long wait.vamomoftwoDined on 7/6/2014We dine at Harryman house several times per year, and usually have no complaints. During this visit, however, we were kept waiting well beyond expectations. We are hoping that we just caught them on an off night. They were obviously short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but TinymariDined on 7/5/2014Our entrees were very good, but very tiny. My crab cake seeed to be about 2 oz. and the only other item on the large white plate was a minute portion of an overly oily salad. My husband's steak was large, and tasty, a bit too well-done, but could have stood some veggies.Special Features:
- Not up to parlmooneyDined on 7/2/2014We have been dining at the Harryman House for years and found this past experience below our normal expectation. The meal was mediocre, did not like the change in menu and very overpriced for the service we received.
- very nicewillDined on 6/28/2014I absolutely loved the food and eating there. Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mussels !ItaliangirlVIPDined on 6/23/2014Dined with a friend on Monday night which to our delight was mussels special night. 4 kinds of mussels for $10. You could pair it with a glass of wine for $5. And frites with unique sauces for $4. We tried two of the four and couldn't decide which sauce we loved more! Both delicious and rivaled mussels I have had at restaurants known for mussels in Manhattan. And you can not beat the deal. I have been going to the Harryman House for many years since I live in the neighborhood but I think lately the food is better than ever. Very happy to have this gem in my hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance with very good foodNandFDined on 6/21/2014This was our second trip in the past six months. Even with the seasonal menu changes we were not disappointed. Everything was delicious and beautifully prepared. With the exception of the chicken dish the portions were just right (too small on the chicken dish). The menu variety was excellent and the flight pairings of wine added a nice touch. Based on our last two trips we would recommend the salmon stack in winter. It was to die for! The artichoke appetizer in summer was yummy. The vegetarian pasta was delicious although the tomato sauce was a bit sweet for our personal taste. But it was beautifully presented and cooked just right. The historical ambiance of the building makes it warm and cozy inside. . We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seemed Like Old TimesFoodieDined on 6/21/2014It had been a while since I last visited The Grill. However, it was nice to know that the food was still great; the service was very good and I and my guest had a most enjoyable experience! I promise not to stay away so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THE LOCATION INTERESTING AND THE AMBIANCE IN THE LOG CABIN ROOM INTERESTING AND CHARMING. THE SERVICE WAS ATTENTIVE AND MY GUESTS ENJOYED "MARYLAND" SPECIALTIES THAT THEY WERE LONGING FOR SINCE THEY MOVED TO CHICAGO.Special Features:
- Good service good foodHenryDined on 6/12/2014Food is always good. We sat in a small room that was too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant late lunchJennDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten here many times, and got the level of food we expected. Our service was good, but not as attentive as it could have been, we had to flag down an alternate a couple of times, but they were all very pleasant about helping. It's expensive, even at lunch, if you have drinks, but I always enjoy going here.Special Features:
- dkmcgladreyDined on 6/5/2014We were disappointed in our visit. We go there frequently and this visit was definitaly not up to par. It was a graduation dinner for my daughter so we were a party of 8. Our reservation was for 6:00 on a Thursday night. After we had ordered, the waiter returned to say that they had already run out of one of the dinner specials for that night, and we needed to reorder, that is poor kitchen planning. In addition, two in our party ordered the lamb chops and they were extremely tough and could barely be cut with a knife. Also, it took an extremely long time to get our food, a party of 8 is large, but there was a party of 6 next to us who came in after us and received their food before us. Also, creme brulee was burnt not carmalized.Special Features:
- The following 451 reviews are from the The Grill at Harryman House reviews archive.
- christianVIPDined on 5/31/2014The menu has changed since the last time we ate at The Grill at Harryman House and IMHO it is now very limiting on the entree side. Overall a good meal but really nothing to get excited about.
- Client meetingStick66VIPDined on 5/28/2014I took a few clients here for dinner. Food and service was very good. Nice atmosphere as well. NAD