The Grill at Harryman House
340 Main Street
Reisterstown, MD 21136Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill at Harryman House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrymanhouse.com/
- Phone: 4108338850x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Casey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harryman House will cater for smaller parties & wedding receptions. Full service catering includes Hors d'oeuvres, buffets, seated affairs and full bar/wine service.
A word from The Grill at Harryman House
Harryman House Restaurant is proud to serve their brand of American style cuisine. Housed in a restored eighteenth century log cabin, Harryman House offers their guests a "casual" dining experience served with formal excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Grill at Harryman House - Best Restaurants in Reisterstown ›
The Grill at Harryman House reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (30)romantic (24)good for groups (17)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- RonaldDined on 8/17/2014The menu is quite unique but still has simple favorites to suit everyone's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Restaurant WeekPerfectBiteVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were delighted to discover that the Grill at Harryman House extended its Restaurant Week menu. The members of our party do not eat meat. We were very happy to see both a fish and a vegetarian entree option on the special menu. The red snapper was moist and delicately flavored with summer vegetables. The summer squash/pasta entree, with fresh peas and asparagus tips was also exceptional. We enjoyed our meal in the lovely new room at the back, where we were also able to enjoy the Ravens game without having to sit at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I made reservation for a date during Restaurant week. Asked to be seated in 1 of 2 areas (out of more) and that was accommodated. Wait staff was consistently attentive, and very patient during a rather prolonged process of choosing menus. When a bar beverage was not available when ordered, our waitress came back within minutes to say it was now available - thank you! This restaurant is consistently good. I traveled 15 miles to get to it as a central meeting point with friends. Could have met closer to home and still been a central meeting spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceNiceDined on 8/12/2014Very nice place for a special occasion, but not white linen. Service was excellent, waiter was tentative but not over bearing. Food was good and the snicker bar dessert was a great ending to a very good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy vegetarianveggiehunterDined on 8/10/2014I can't always find interesting and delicious vegetarian dishes at restaurants. Here I had several selections. The tomato mozzarella salad was wonderful. I'm not normally a spaghetti squash fan but my main dish of spaghetti squash with vegetables made me a convert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, interesting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The main thing I want to say is that I admire the chef's creativity. Food is very creative, but not weird. Good taste and great service for a higher, but not too high price. I and grateful to have Harryman House in my area. I would like to encourage the kitchen to make the desserts as special (creative) as the menu.Special Features:
- Had a Wonderful DinnerDlb61Dined on 8/6/2014Brought my teenage sons for dinner. We sat at a high top table in the bar. The food was fresh and seasonal (and delicious!) The bar was busy (a good thing!) but very noisy. Despite the noise, we still enjoyed our dinners and the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfinches46VIPDined on 8/2/2014good food, quiet surroundings- gazpacho was very god. Waitperson was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were very disappointed with this restaurant for dinner. I had previously been here for lunch and it was great. Dinner is another story. Menu is kind of limited with not a lot of "popular" food choices. Waiter gave the impression that he would rather be somewhere else than working. We felt like we were " bothering" him whenever we needed / wanted something. Dessert was great, chocolate chip cheesecake!!
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2014Lunch is always wonderful at Harryman House. The only disappointing things was that they ran out of the crab quiche, which was the quiche of the day. We thought that it was strange that they ran out of it by noon since it was the quiche of the day. A daily special should be plentiful. I had the crab soup of the day and a shrimp salad sandwich. Both were delicious. Our waitress, Mickey, was terrific and very honest about recommendations. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- History was saved by Harryman HouseVerneneVIPDined on 7/23/2014The best place to dine is in the historic authentic log cabin part of this restaurant. Thanks to the owners, they preserved an important aspect of Reisterstown's history. Dining on thee porch is also delightful IF a person does not mind watching the traffic on Reisterstown Road. This is the only restaurant in Reisterstown area that offers fine dining. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good--Will Definitely ReturnTravelFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I hadn't been to The Grill at Harryman House in about 20 years. I was pleasantly surprised about everything -- the decor, the food, and the service. I had the shrimp and grits. The shrimp was slightly overcooked but the goat cheese grits were delicious. Several others in my party had the crab cakes which, everyone agreed, were outstanding. Our server was very friendly and attentive. We were seated in the more casual area of the restaurant. The acoustics were a bit loud and the t.v.'s were distracting, but I enjoyed the overall elegantly rustic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something changedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I use to frequent Harryman House on a somewhat regular basis, but after this last visit we wont retun. The service was great, vert nice and attentive. The problem is their food and prices. One trout entree and spaghetti squash. Food was barely warm and presentation was something I could do at home. Slices of bell peppers and shredded carrots like they came from a bag? That cost $22. The spaghetti squash was tasty, but again barely warm and very small portion. The dessert was the best. Awesome cheesecake. Could tell it was homemade. The menu themed idea is cheesy to say the least. Some definite changes at Harryman House that arent positive. Food is underwhelming. Ill keep going to Glyndon Grill
- Delicious food, long wait.vamomoftwoDined on 7/6/2014We dine at Harryman house several times per year, and usually have no complaints. During this visit, however, we were kept waiting well beyond expectations. We are hoping that we just caught them on an off night. They were obviously short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but TinymariDined on 7/5/2014Our entrees were very good, but very tiny. My crab cake seeed to be about 2 oz. and the only other item on the large white plate was a minute portion of an overly oily salad. My husband's steak was large, and tasty, a bit too well-done, but could have stood some veggies.Special Features:
- Not up to parlmooneyDined on 7/2/2014We have been dining at the Harryman House for years and found this past experience below our normal expectation. The meal was mediocre, did not like the change in menu and very overpriced for the service we received.
- very nicewillDined on 6/28/2014I absolutely loved the food and eating there. Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mussels !ItaliangirlVIPDined on 6/23/2014Dined with a friend on Monday night which to our delight was mussels special night. 4 kinds of mussels for $10. You could pair it with a glass of wine for $5. And frites with unique sauces for $4. We tried two of the four and couldn't decide which sauce we loved more! Both delicious and rivaled mussels I have had at restaurants known for mussels in Manhattan. And you can not beat the deal. I have been going to the Harryman House for many years since I live in the neighborhood but I think lately the food is better than ever. Very happy to have this gem in my hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance with very good foodNandFDined on 6/21/2014This was our second trip in the past six months. Even with the seasonal menu changes we were not disappointed. Everything was delicious and beautifully prepared. With the exception of the chicken dish the portions were just right (too small on the chicken dish). The menu variety was excellent and the flight pairings of wine added a nice touch. Based on our last two trips we would recommend the salmon stack in winter. It was to die for! The artichoke appetizer in summer was yummy. The vegetarian pasta was delicious although the tomato sauce was a bit sweet for our personal taste. But it was beautifully presented and cooked just right. The historical ambiance of the building makes it warm and cozy inside. . We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seemed Like Old TimesFoodieDined on 6/21/2014It had been a while since I last visited The Grill. However, it was nice to know that the food was still great; the service was very good and I and my guest had a most enjoyable experience! I promise not to stay away so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THE LOCATION INTERESTING AND THE AMBIANCE IN THE LOG CABIN ROOM INTERESTING AND CHARMING. THE SERVICE WAS ATTENTIVE AND MY GUESTS ENJOYED "MARYLAND" SPECIALTIES THAT THEY WERE LONGING FOR SINCE THEY MOVED TO CHICAGO.Special Features:
- Good service good foodHenryDined on 6/12/2014Food is always good. We sat in a small room that was too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant late lunchJennDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten here many times, and got the level of food we expected. Our service was good, but not as attentive as it could have been, we had to flag down an alternate a couple of times, but they were all very pleasant about helping. It's expensive, even at lunch, if you have drinks, but I always enjoy going here.Special Features:
- dkmcgladreyDined on 6/5/2014We were disappointed in our visit. We go there frequently and this visit was definitaly not up to par. It was a graduation dinner for my daughter so we were a party of 8. Our reservation was for 6:00 on a Thursday night. After we had ordered, the waiter returned to say that they had already run out of one of the dinner specials for that night, and we needed to reorder, that is poor kitchen planning. In addition, two in our party ordered the lamb chops and they were extremely tough and could barely be cut with a knife. Also, it took an extremely long time to get our food, a party of 8 is large, but there was a party of 6 next to us who came in after us and received their food before us. Also, creme brulee was burnt not carmalized.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 5/31/2014The menu has changed since the last time we ate at The Grill at Harryman House and IMHO it is now very limiting on the entree side. Overall a good meal but really nothing to get excited about.
- Client meetingStick66VIPDined on 5/28/2014I took a few clients here for dinner. Food and service was very good. Nice atmosphere as well. NAD
- in Reisterstownlikes2eatoutVIPDined on 5/25/2014The Harryman House is always a good bet for predictably good food, good service, and pleasant ambiance!Special Features:
- DavidgDavidgDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyable, but not memorable. Restaurant needs some updating to the decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I took my BFF there for his Birthday Dinner. We both ordered the Filet and requested it cooked medium. Mine was a bit overcooked but was very good, none the less. We split an order of asparagus and that was delicious. I was surprised to learn that the Main course did not include a vegetable. I had the BEST Caesar salad!!! Make a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchDonnVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a Saturday, Noon, part of 6 for brunch. We all enjoyed our food, the service, and the ambience. I'm a regular at Harryman House, so this is what I've come to expect. A very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lost some starsdncmommaDined on 5/14/2014I have been a customer for many years and have always taken my family and friends here to dine. I has always been a five star place for me but this last visit changed the ratings. The eggplant fries were soggy and tasted of oil. the crab cakes were the size of golf balls and although very good were equivalent to one crab cake. My daughter had the tuna tartar and she said it was tasty but the fried things to spread them on where not easy to spread and made a mess while eating. My husband had the lamb and he was pleased. The duck was okay per my brother-in-law. I paid $300.00 for a dinner that was okay.
- Good Mother's Day OutingHolidayDinnerDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has improved it's menu it has a good choice of appetizers, full plate meals, and finger food. We had a 9 person group and the service was very good in spite of a larger group size.Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Brunch and dinner are both pretty good. However, the last time I went, the service was SO slow. It was 25 minutes between the waitress giving us a dessert menu and then coming back to see if we wanted to order dessert...at that point the desire to have anything passed and we just wanted to be done.. had to wait another 20 or so minutes for the check.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Dining room light and airy. Food priced moderately. Too much sauce on trout. Fried rice not fried. Excellent sweet potato fries. Pizza was good for vegeterian at table. Will try again but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable Mother's Day outingZvikDined on 5/10/2014We make a habit of going out a day early for Mother's or Father's Day - that way we avoid the crowds and enjoy a pleasant date with the kids. This place does not disappoint. Very good food that pleases all our pallets, very nice service; quiet because of the time we chose.Special Features:
- Great Re-discovery!lov2eatVIPDined on 5/3/2014I'd been to the Harryman House years ago (10+) and while good, it was very old school and stuffy. Looking for a late Saturday location close to home - stumbled across this one and gave it a go. Wow! Everything was very very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlorenceVIPDined on 5/2/2014nice restaurant when you don't feel like cooking. Just around the corner. Family foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing recentlylaurenwDined on 5/2/2014I am a frequent visitor to Harryman House, but food & service quality have diminished recently. It seemed that, for several months, we got amazing service every time we visited. However, the last several times we felt that servers were overbearing at the beginning of the meal and disappeared once the food arrived. On our most recent visit, we were greeted by a server to whom we gave our drink order. Several minutes later, another server came and asked us again. We informed him that we had already been helped & he rudely insisted that we give him our order again. Food was mediocre & server checked back with us so frequently that it became irritating. Once we had our food over 15 mins elapsed before we saw him again. Unlikely to visit again.
- The following 436 reviews are from the The Grill at Harryman House reviews archive.
- Easter BrunchMarieDined on 4/20/2014We arrived early for our reservation and had to sit in the bar while we waited. The bartender was waiting tables and was very busy so it took awhile to get his attention. But once we did, he was excellent. We got beverages and appetitzers quickly and were ready for our reservation. The hostess never came to get us but our table was ready when we checked with her. We had a nice table for 6 and roomy, which was a nice surprise. Our waiter was wonderful. Attentive and gave advice on some great menu items. We had the cinnimon french toast, chesapeake eggs benedict, shrimp and grits, lobster mac & cheese, and a couple of burgers. Everything was perfect. Thanks for a happy Easter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceVeraDined on 4/20/2014I absolutely love the Harryman House. The food is always great and they change up the menu regular. One of the best things about this place is the owner and the staff. The bartenders are absolutely wonderful!!! On Sundays I usually eat two orders of the Eggs Benedict. It is delicious!Special Features: