The Grill at Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale
2401 West Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grill at Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calvaryftl.org/thegrill
- Phone: 9543157500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican, Asian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Daily Catering hosts a variety of events, including weddings, funerals, showers, anniversaries – off site as well as on site – in our North and South Banquet Halls, private back dining room, or even the Grill restaurant. From large events to intimate settings, our services area reliable: we have catered box lunches for three-day conferences for over 2,000 attendees, to small executive board luncheons for twelve.
- Private Party Contact: Darren Schnagel 9543154374x
A word from The Grill at Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale
The Grill at Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale will certainly re-define your expectations. We offer a variety of food including appetizers, hearty salads, burgers, Wood Stone oven pizzas, house-made soups, a variety of vegetable dishes, USDA Choice Beef, Hand Cut Creekstone Natural Farms Steaks, Market-Fresh Seafood, an excellent menu for kids, house-made desserts and much more. The Grill's stylish ambiance and signature hospitality creates a comfortable and relaxed setting. Our food is all top quality, prepared fresh on our premises, and served at a great value. In addition to serving lunch and dinner, we are also open for breakfast five mornings a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Grill at Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
The Grill at Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (18)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (9)romantic (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Good food -slow serviceEat4lifeDined on 8/20/2014The food was good however the service was unfortunately very slow. In our party of 7 people, 2 people were served first & later on 3 more were served...& finally the last 2 people were served their meal... In other words, we didn't eat our meals together, though we sat at the same table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GrilleJackieDined on 8/20/2014My favorite place to dine. The quality of the food is unsurpassed.Special Features:
- Unexpected Find on Church CampusCrazyaboutCrazyVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great vibe, hip scene. Felt like we were walking into a 5-star restaurant. Everything we had was skillfully prepared and tasted great. Only tip - don't expect beer or wine - after all you are on a church campus - however the food and ambience made up for the lack of libations.Special Features:
- TAbelManerzDined on 6/12/2014The ambience, food and service are excellent. Great place for meetings. Parking is convienient and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmikepVIPDined on 5/25/2014The waitress went over and above on this visit! She was polite, came back a half-dozen times before my wife figured out her order and our drink glasses were always full. The food was great as usual.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/24/2014You would never think that a great restaurant would be inside a church complex but this place is. Loaded Mac and Cheese, best in the world. Weekly specials make it different; great atmosphere, family friendly, very positive environment. Love it!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food & FellowshipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014The food is great..... service is impeccable! Glad there is someplace to dine that offers christian atmosphere / music. The cuisine matches and sometimes exceeds the dining experiences of local chains. Always love my times at The Grill. Can't be beat.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great service!SoFloDinerDined on 5/14/2014My dad and I went here to eat before going to the church service on a Wednesday evening. We had brussel sprouts as an app and he had the fish of the day which was salmon and I had the mahi pita wrap. Everything was amazing! I would surely recommend the food here to anyone. The menu has a variety of items and each day there are specials to choose from. Another interesting and tasty treat is that they have their own garden where many of their vegetables and herbs are grown. You can really taste the freshness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014Difficult, unusual place to find. While our food, service, and value were all excellent, I would not recommend this as a restaurant for tourists.
- Great Casual Dining ExperienceFoodFan37Dined on 5/11/2014Went for the Mother's Day brunch and really enjoyed my dining experience. Food was very good, everything fresh with a lot of variety in food items to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extended worship experienceFaylalaDined on 5/11/2014Eating at the Grill after worship service at Calvary just adds the worship experience. This is the only restaurant that doesn't play loud rock or pop music during meal service but inspirational music that enhances the dining experience. The food is great and the servers really have a heart to serve. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch-- Very Nice!yum8itallDined on 5/11/2014This was our very first experience at Calvary Grill. My mom and I recently moved to South Florida from the Midwest and have made CCFL our new church home. It was special for my mom and I to celebrate Mother's Day with my sister and enjoy such a wonderful brunch! There was a great variety of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calvary GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014No place is perfect but the Grill is ran in a professional manner and young attentive workers. The food is better quality then your nearby chilles or TGIF or except to pay the difference . Some very unqie dishes from pizza for groups to exotic Thai food. calvary has done a good job running this bussiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful experiencelovethislifeDined on 5/11/2014I love eating at the Grill. Every time our family goes we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--Friendly AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Good venue for lunch! The restaurant has an excellent menu selection, and the level of service was outstanding.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the The Grill at Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale reviews archive.
- Great food, good valueJamesSDined on 4/12/2014This was our second trip to the Grill. The Brussels sprouts appetizer is a must try gem. The entrees were gourmet quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely experienceFoodNinjaDined on 4/10/2014First time coming to the grill for lunch. Had a fantastic experience, their lunch specials are just as good as the dinner specials of not better. Also was very impressed by our server Cameron, not only really friendly but he also did a good job guiding my first time coming friend through the menu. I recommend him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodcybersnafuDined on 3/23/2014Although our service was a little slow, we weren't necessarily in a hurry. The food was excellent and we enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJamesSDined on 3/22/2014Loved this place, especially the food and nice people.Special Features:
- Great creative entrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014I love this restaurant. The entrees are creative and the seasonal vegetables fresh out of the garden are delicious. The staff is friendly and attentive. It's one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place and food!FoodAddictDined on 3/8/2014I love eating here! The food is always well prepared. The ingredients are fresh and clean. Our waitress Allyson was very attentive to all our needs. I would recommend you make a reservation as this place tends to pack up pretty quickly for dinner. The experience is always a grey one here and everyone is so nice! I am definitely a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long of a wait for foodHelouiseDined on 3/6/2014I absolutely love the Grill but I noticed this time around that we had to wait awhile for our food. I always remember the wait as being short. We arrived before all the students did for lunch so I guess I expected the food to get to our table quicker. Our server was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small groupLamarDined on 3/3/2014I had a meeting with my small group. We ate just had a great time. We are going to come in soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedDuaneDined on 3/1/2014We were thoroughly impressed with the service and food. Entire family enjoyed it! Especially the apple tart and chocolate cake deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/28/2014I love this place. I had the mani sandwich and it was amazing! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last two times eating heresugarluDined on 2/22/2014Last two times eating here very disappointing.as far as quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Extraordinary ExperiencePartyOf2Dined on 2/15/2014Even though our family is a member of the Cavalry Chapel Ministry family as first timers at The Grill we were still going to be fair and critique / judge it the way it is...it far exceeded our expectations! My wife and I have already begun recommending The Grill to family and friends..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperienceNathanVIPDined on 2/2/2014This restaurant is tucked away in the center of the Calvary Chapel campus. To reach the Grill, one has to walk past the Cafe, which is a large cafeteria similar to a college cafeteria. The grill is a very nice setting. Their brunch menu was somewhat limited, but there was a full lunch menu. My wife had a salad. One guest had a tuna melt, and the other had bang bang. I had a grilled chicken breast sandwich. All the food items were very good including crisp french fries served with two of the meals. We shared two key lime pie orders between the four of us. Absolutely delicious! One of the best versions in the area. The desserts at the other table looked equally good. Video screens show either church services or other religious content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at The GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Great Food, The entire restaurant was empty though so we didn't get to people watch, everyone just left for a concert that we didn't know about, so it was complete silence, but my husband has ADD so needless to say, nothing to distract him :) Next time we will call ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and Dance ConcertLizzieDined on 1/31/2014Brittany was our server and she was a gem! Excellent service! We were having dinner on a time constraint- as we were attending the CCA Dance concert. She was attentive, cheerful and made sure we were able to get there on time. The food was very fresh and made with quality organic veggies from the in house organic garden. Nice portion sizes. Delicious. Moderately priced. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - fresh and creativehdizDined on 1/31/2014Great place to have a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner. They even have their own garden that produces lots of their fresh greens and herbs organically. The brussels sprouts on the new menu are to die for. They have my favorite soup on Fridays...coconut curry chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodMeganDined on 1/29/2014I was from out of town and found this on OpenTable ordered the chicken parmesan it was the best chicken parmesan I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasently surprisedgeemrickDined on 1/24/2014The food, service and atmosphere rivals high end places. Readonably priced and everything was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peace and satifactionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2014The food is great and the servers are very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown AwayFoodNinjaDined on 1/18/2014Fantastic dining experience at 'The Grill'. All the food is fresh and many of the greens come from their own in house garden! My server, Arthur, did an amazing job. He was up beat and friendly the entire time and, he was able to answer every question we had in regards to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good!DisappointedVIPDined on 1/11/2014For a different dining experience you must try the Grille! It isn't necessary to attend a service, but it's a nice way to continue the rapport and friendliness of the Church! Varied menu choices, all delicious, and a good kids menu. More upscale than a typical diner, and even during rush times the servers are attentive. Pleasant place to meet up with old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food & experience - amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013It is always a pleasure - fun - an awesome experience to dine at Calvary Grill. We bring outside guests to dine & they are always pleasantly pleased. Plenty of parking - spacious outdoor setting - the atmosphere & decor are all over the top. They grow their own herbs & such on the grounds. Everything on the menu is fresh, cooked to perfection, & served with love. From apps. to main entries, of course dessert / coffees, and The staff & General Manager ... Nothing short of amazing! BTW - did I mention the food is really - really good! This is a must "go to" place. Skip the fancy bars & restaurants ... Go to The Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday evening regularBarbaraDined on 12/24/2013I eat at the Grill every Wednesday evening before the service....I love the convenience and the food is varied and fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesZorroDined on 12/12/2013They had our table ready for my group. Very pleasant atmosphere. The food was delicious. I had their taco special. It was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dashing for Greatness!DashDined on 12/9/2013Loved everything about this gem of a find in the heart of Ft. Lauderdale!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.