351 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegridchicago.com/
- Phone: 3123211351x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm -10pm/ Friday- Saturday 4:00pm- 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11am-3pm
Lounge: Open Friday - Saturday
Friday 7pm- 2am
Saturday 7pm- 3am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dirk Flanigan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Multiple HD TVs playing all sporting events. When games have completed a DJ plays music in the Lounge Thursday Friday and Saturday.
A word from The Grid
The bar has now been raised in River North!! Chef Dirk Flanigan’s new “Elevated Tavern Food” menu has something for everyone, with a wide array of different dining options. Chef Flanigan is famous for his unique flavors and all of his dishes are sure to amaze. You will be hard pressed to pick a favorite and you’ll likely have to come back time and again to try everything. The focal point of the dining room is a wood burning pizza oven, located in an old elevator shaft, which can crank out pies that are simply delicious. You can have all this great taste in a super casual atmosphere while all your favorite sporting events are being shown on 70″ HD TVs. Check out our food menu and get the full rundown on this fun dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grid reviews from OpenTable diners
- great food, great atmospherelms048Dined on 5/10/2014Went here with a groupon to try something new. Food was very good with a modern, edgy atmosphere. Our party ordered the tuna melt, the green goddess salad, the veggie burger and the salmon. Everyone enjoyed their selection. I think we would all go back without a groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so food terrible serviceLis4323VIPDined on 5/9/2014No one was even in the restaurant and the server took forever to deliver our drinks and food. Food was. It even good enough to wait for. Will not return.
- Awesome from Start to Finish!!SoFlo88Dined on 5/5/2014Our server Chris made this such a memorable meal! We had a 1 year old with us and all the staff was very friendly and welcoming! Our entrees were delicious!! Pizzas, burgers, drinks, we loved it all!!! Thank you for making our early Mothers Day dinner so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, Really GooddaddykasperDined on 5/3/2014The Grid is really really good. There is a nice selection of foods. What I really liked is that the staff really tries hard to make the experience memorable. The chefs are top notch. The presentation, taste, and menu items are all unique. This place isn't just about getting food, it is a great time. Definitely recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- River North Sports BarbpowVIPDined on 3/28/2014The Grid offers up a wide range of the standard bar food, with slightly unique takes. Nothing special food wise. Huge TVs, everywhere. If you're looking for an upscale feeling place to watch the game, I'd definitely recommend The Grid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice findsteveohDined on 3/28/2014A great place for something tasty and somewhat imaginative (i.e. fit for foodies). Affordable and convenient.Special Features:
- Food was good and plentifulABABDined on 3/22/2014Food was good and plentiful - the French Fries were amazing. Great/unique cocktail list as well. Server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingValvanDined on 3/21/2014Pretty disappointed, was told this was going to be more of a chill/lounge type experience when in fact it was the opposite. Very sports related. Could barely talk with friends bc the games on the flat screens were so loud. Also they were out of a lot of items on the menu. For instance ordered the kale salad yet was brought spinach and was told kale is out of season. Waitress was nice but rarely available. Wouldn't put this restaurant on my return list!
- Good for watching the gameAnnabelleCDined on 3/21/2014I would recommend Grid if you are with a group and would like to go watch a sports game, because there are many large screen tvs and a pretty energetic ambiance. Otherwise, though, the food was pretty good but not worth going back for, and the service left something to be desired.
- The new GRIDMollieVIPDined on 3/16/2014In an effort to be seemingly more trendy and less sports bar like, the grid has a revamped their menu and expanded to be two stories. The atmosphere is wonderful and the sports are still available on many screens. The drinks are still strong, and delicious! However the food is a bit awkward and hard to share. I never would have pinpointed the grid as someplace to go for foodies, but it seems like that is the new menu direction. I will still be going there, but not to eat. Nothing I ate off the new menu was mind blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited 30 min at our table, leftChrisVIPDined on 3/16/2014Not sure what to say about this place. We came for brunch on Sunday and after being quickly seated were left alone for 30 minutes (we were able to get coffee) before walking out. We were one of three or so tables in there (to be fair - one was a large group), and the single waitress was clearly overwhelmed. I live a block away and will never be back.
- Service service serviceLisaPDined on 3/14/2014Our waiter was absolutely fantastic. He was knowledgable on the menu, cocktail selection, and offered great suggestions for appetizers. We had the veggie plate and charcuterie plate to start and some of the flatbread pizzas as a main course. The mushroom pizza was fantastic but a tad salty. That would be my only caveat to the whole experience. The Grid has a great menu selection, the craft cocktail list was impressive and the service was outstanding. Head downstairs after your meal for cocktails in their lounge. Dimly lit with a Dj spinning in the corner, it's the perfect way to get your weekend started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemEllenVIPDined on 3/5/2014I don't usually write reviews, but thought The Grid needs more recognition. Everyone from the the hostess to the wait staff and the manager went out of their way to ensure we were having an enjoyable dinner. The food was very good, portions large and reasonably priced ( especially for downtown). Loved the roasted vegetables.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The Grid has a fantastic menu. The flavors and options were great. As a vegetarian, there were several intriguing options for me - and also lots of options for my meat-eating friend. :) The downfall is the location. While it is not far off the beaten path - it is a few blocks away from areas that most people go wandering for food or drinks. The menu and atmosphere were great. I would definitely recommend The Grid to others and let them know it is worth the couple block walk off LaSalle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CocktailsTrueVIPDined on 2/12/2014With upscale cuisine, especially for a sports bar.
- DeadOTReviewer30Dined on 2/2/2014We went for brunch based on a recommendation and the place was completely dead, we were only table. Good music. The staff there was setting up tables for a group that must've been coming in later and were dragging tables and chairs across the floor causing loud scrapping noises interrupting our conversation and hurting our ears it was so loud really ruining our conversation and time. Food was decent but nothing I couldn't get something similar somewhere else with a better atmosphere. I went to this place based on a recommendation so it must have some good moments just not while we were there. I don't recommend this place, nothing notable though I was forced to choose something so chose notable wine list. I didn't see the wine listSpecial Features:
- Date night at the gridCariDined on 2/1/2014Food was great, selection was a bit sparse for dinner as most of the dished were best for lunch in my opinion. Loved the theme and the drinks were great. The service in general was probably ok but our server in general was not impressive. She was not mean or anything, just not sutiable to be a waitress. all in all I would give it 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good prices for restaurant weekchingDined on 1/29/2014For restaurant week, this place is a good deal. Not sure if I would eat lunch/dinner here otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Restaurant Week.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014Went for Restaurant Week. Pleasantly surprised by the flavors & quality of the food for a casual sportsbar/gastropub type of place. We had huge flatscreens all around us to watch the Bulls game plus a cozy warmth from the brick oven on one side. Started with mussels in coconut curry broth, which my dining partner & I raced to finish because it was THAT good, and a smoked steak tartare with the smoke still wafting out of the mason jar at the table. Both were impressive, though the accompanying baguette could have been sliced thinner or toasted less. Huge portion entrees were tasty: salmon was perfectly seared; fish & chips w/ fried brussels had the right amount of acidic garnishes and was not greasy or heavy at all! Service was pleasant too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week dinnerPickles38Dined on 1/24/2014The dining area had a funky smell that seemed to overwhelm the restaurant when we first arrived. We were told that it was one of the brick oven pizzas (P-U!) , so we stuck to other menu items. Great restaurant week menu choices: burrata, jalapeño calamari, and roasted chicken were delicious, and the apple donuts were to die for. The hibiscus cocktail was great too.Special Features:
- Cool Spot, but That's About ItDomReviewVIPDined on 1/22/2014Had never been to Grid before and noticed they had a special on their website for Blackhawks games so a group of my friends decided to try it out on a Wednesday night. I got there on time and the hostess was accommodating to a larger group of people than my original reservation. Once we all got seated, we waited 15 minutes before someone acknowledged our presence. We ordered drinks that took another 10 minutes to come and we were told that the special we saw online was for LAST SEASON and they just hadn't taken it down. Though the service was awful, the place is beautiful inside and has alot of TVs. Food was good but not great. I would go back if I was in the area and had limited options, but nothing would make me go out of my way.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 1/19/2014I went there with two girlfriends to celebrate my engagement and the waitress was extremely rude to us. We had a reservation at 6:30 and she told us that it was last call at 6:40 so we better get our order in to the kitchen. We were not ready to order and were rushed to order. She forgot to place the order for salmon for one of my friends and we didn't even get to eat together. She ended up be extremely bubbly and sweet when it was time to pay the bill and give a tip. It made us have a really bad experience and I was so disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Food/Great DrinksEAlaksa24Dined on 1/17/2014The food was good with some unexpected twists. The drinks were interesting and we had to try several. The only thing wrong was the server did not come back as much as she should. She did not refill our drinks or ask if we wanted to try others we had to seek her out and place an order and our food took double the amount of time because the pizzas were burnt the first time around that they had to remake them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress downstairs=awfulKuipsDined on 1/11/2014Food was ok, Waiter upstairs was very nice, even though crazy extra charges for an old fashion. Went downstairs & my husband got a drink from the bar. Then a waitress came to our table. She asked what I wanted & when I told her nothing, she looked upset & didn't say one word. She did not handle the situation well. My husband came back from the bar to where we were sitting & she told him that she would get him any drinks from now on & that he didn't need to go to the bar. She came back again & took my friends order, then looked at me (again, no words). She kept looking at me & I realized she was hoping I'd order something, which I told her (again), I was good. I was glad both my husband & I didn't get anything from her. She was cold & rude.Special Features:
- The Grid experience was ok.PrincessDined on 12/27/2013The Grid experience was ok. I would recommend anyone of the oven pizzas which is their specialty. Stay away from the steak, it was tough. The ambience was in a semi-dark romantic setting. I was a bit leary when we arrived, there were only about 10 tables filled out of 100 during prime time on a Sunday eve. The service was mediocre. The waiter seemed preoccupied. I would not go back again.Special Features:
- Never Going BackHubbard1DinerVIPDined on 12/12/2013I tried this restaurant for a work group lunch. After 50 minutes we still hadnt had our food. Finally they served half of the people at our table and the waiting game continued. the waitress even brought food to a table that was seated after us. During my wait I couldn't help but notice It was very cold in the restaurant and there would be blast of DJ music from time to time. So when the other half of the food arrived (veggie burger and regular burger) it was completely charred on both sides. The manager did apologize and made no excuses. He bought us lunch and asked is to give it another shot on him. I don't think so.
- Wonderful Dinner, Exciting BarLocalNeighborDined on 11/23/2013Wonderful dinner location, smaller menu, but wonderful food. Multiple TV's , no game was going on during dinner, so a lighter crowd on a Saturday night. Ate the Chicken, apple and gorgonzola pizza, cooked perfectly in their brick oven. Apple Cider Doughnuts for dessert were a HUGE potion, and delicious! Will Definately go again.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013After looking at the online menu I was excited to try this. However, I was disappointed to find that the actual menu was very different and the item I had been hoping to try was not one of the items available. Overall the Grid offers nothing remarkable and the experience was lackluster. I won't return and definitely think there are much better options available.
- Chose this place because ofPR59Dined on 11/22/2013Chose this place because of an event in the area and I needed the location. Read previous reviews and was a little concerned but decided to try my luck. Like other reviewers experiences, the food was food was fine and the service was mediocre. We were there early on a Friday night so the bar was hopping and the rest of the place was pretty dead. I think this place has potential but they have some work to do.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Nothing special and for the price, there are plenty of other options in River North. If you need a last minute reservation or bigger group this place would perfect since it was pretty empty.
- Ehh..LLemonVIPDined on 11/6/2013The Grid was highly recommended to me, but when I visited this past Wednesday evening I have to say I was disappointed. The food is very overpriced and the service was very slow. My table and I shared two pizzas and they were very mediocre for what we received, both in taste and size. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Good food, service...mehsievegirlDined on 11/2/2013We went on a Saturday night for a friend's birthday. I picked this place because it appeared to be upscale and the food was something everyone could enjoy (I am a vegetarian). We got in and ordered their Moscow Mule, which was very good. Then our friends showed up. We got to our table and our two friends asked the hostess for drinks as well. The hostess never relayed the order to the server or the bar. The server was not very attentive. The manager, Noah was as well as the busboys-one being a bit creepy and hovering. In conclusion, Moscow Mule=good. Food=good-lots of veg options, service=terrible. My advice-fire all the servers-or teach a course in customer service. but i did note in the res a birthday and they did accomodate that!Special Features:
- I came, I ate, I left happy!JohnFromTheWDined on 10/19/2013Great food and even better service. Our server answered our questions and suggested dishes that were delicious! I was there around 5pm on a Saturday. It was not busy and our food came out very fast. There were a lot of televisions so you can catch the game if you want. I will definitely be returning and recommending this fine establishment to the guests that stay at the hotel I work at as well as my friends and family! By the way, try the blue crab appetizer; it was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love cocktails....JustynaDined on 10/1/2013We arrived for a 5:30 reservation, but we didn't need one since the place was empty. I'm sure the Grid is much busier on the weekends, because their cocktails were phi nominal! The very friendly server suggested the Midway cocktail and it was one on my favorite drinks in Chicago! We will have to revisit the Grid on the weekend off a better, busier atmosphere! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was kind, but foodKyleVIPDined on 8/9/2013service was kind, but food was extremely slow coming out. nothing really spectacular about the food. had higher expectations.
- Great for a game!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2013We went here for the first game of the Stanley Cup Final. Definitely a great spot to watch a game with a big group! Service was little slow, but it was pretty crowded and there was a lot of activity - overall not bad.Special Features:
- This place is definitely drink-orieGenoVIPDined on 5/11/2013This place is definitely drink-oriented however the menu is very very limited for both drinks and food. While I love the ambiance and the servers are quite lovely, this place has a lot of limitations and is meant to be a drink em down place and it is quite obvious. The food is fantastic and from what I understand, a second thought as it comes from upstairs at Baume and Brix. This place needs to define itself and it can be even more successful. Nothing bad to say but nothing stands out either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better if you want to ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2013We went in here after dinner for a quick bite before watching the Blackhawks game, not knowing much about it. It's definitely a club atmosphere, but after work was not crowded and almost awkward because it was mostly empty. Our waitress was just okay, not checking in too often (we were a group of girls, after all) but the food was good although a little pricey. I don't think I'd be back.Special Features:
- Potential, but nowhere near max yetAleksandraVIPDined on 5/3/2013So many speed bumps throughout the experience that we lost count. The hostess and assistant manager were great, as is the design of the place. Double drinks were half of the strength of normal ones anywhere else. Went out for a smoke, told the waitress, and our untouched drinks and food were cleared off the table. Our bill was 120$ after over 80 was taken off by the manager. Oh, and it was charged on the wrong card. Kind of a mess, but TVs were plentiful, game was on, and wifi worked.Special Features:
- Great place to eat. Not aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Great place to eat. Not a bad item on the menu. We'll be back again!!!Special Features: