The Greens at Copake Country Club
44 Golf Course Rd.
Copake Lake, NY 12521Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Greens at Copake Country Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.copakecountryclub.com/
- Phone: 5183250019x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11am, Dinner menu starts at 5pm
Sunday Brunch 11am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Glenn Strickling
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Greens at Copake Country Club
Copake Country Club’s stunningly designed 18-hole Golf Course is enveloped by the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains, the shores of Copake Lake, and the unequaled vistas of Columbia County in upstate New York. A brilliant dining experience awaits you at The Greens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Greens at Copake Country Club - Best Restaurants in Copake Lake ›
The Greens at Copake Country Club reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (15)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great good with a beautiful viewsklcopakeDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant offers a wide-range of food from well-prepared upscale dishes to a great bar menu. Everyone can be accommodated, even the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Addition to CopakeeatingwiththeperontisDined on 9/12/2014Always a great place to eat, terrific service with new additions to the menu, and savory choices. We're never disappointed. It's fine dining at its best!! And always busy with return food mavens. Perfect for brunch, lunch, and dinner.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience,LorgagiDined on 9/1/2014Everything was so perfect. We were proud to bring our out of town guests. The "Greens" is more than a local gem. It is a diamond in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take a vacation without plane faresummerstarzDined on 9/1/2014The Green Restaurant at the Copake Country Club is consistently a favorite. The food is always amazing but just being there makes you feel like you are on vacation. The restaurant overlooks the golf course and Copake Lake. It makes you feel like you have taken a plane ride to some island and are on a lovely vacation. Just a beautiful spot with consistently good food. I eat there several times a month. Worth the ride - even though I just walk...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverFoxDined on 8/29/2014We sat outdoors on the deck overlooking the golf course. Service was prompt and efficient and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchmothyDined on 8/24/2014Few places in the area offer as nice a Sunday/weekend outing as The Greens does. Excellent food, service & beautiful comfortable atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Wonderful Family ExperienceThegreensFireworksDined on 8/23/2014We go to the Greens at least once a month. This special Fireworks display was great. Although the food is always up to par, you didn't have to get a table. You just needed your favorite glass in hand and a seat on the steps to watch the 30 minutes of beautiful fireworks. Therre was a jamming band and outdoor bar plus cozy chairs near the firepit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulheavenlyDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful view outside; best enjoyed if it's still light outside! Staff was friendly and profession. Food was melt-in-your-mouth fabulous. A completely outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at the Greensluv2lunchDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyable lunch at the Greens last weekend...beautiful views and handsome interior. Lunch was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf course snack bar!?harryVIPDined on 8/8/2014OK for quick lunch - menu is simple - met the need - nothing special - server could have been more available
- 333eastVIPDined on 7/26/2014Come early evening to enjoy the sunsettin over the beautiful golf course. Wonderful menu...always fresh food from local farms.Special Features:
- Great lunchHudsongirlDined on 7/10/2014There were 4 of us - all seniors - all women. We watch our weight and the waiter was happy to let us share dishes. The prices were very reasonable and the views were fantastic. You could eat on the outdoor porch, screened in porch or inside dining room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Service was very slow. Food has been better in the past. Drink had only a little alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the The Greens at Copake Country Club reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/19/2014Live music on Thursday evenings! Sitting outside on the patio on a beautiful day or night just doesn't get any better. Watching the sun set over the golf course on the one hand while gazing at the lake on the other. Just beautiful. And my halibut was out of this world. Such a great find in the little town of Copake!Special Features:
- A beautiful experienceSchmoopDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I go to the Greens quite often. The view of the golf course can't be beat and the outdoor seating is tremendous along with the side enclosed deck. The whole club looks great. Thursday night free music has been fantastic and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momos5VIPDined on 6/16/2014Wonderful way to enjoy your dinner by sitting outside and enjoying the view of the golf course....Of course, when the weather is more humid, you might opt for air-condition dining!!Special Features:
- ALWAYS RELIABLEELJEFEVIPDined on 6/13/2014I think by now we have dined here over 50 times from the time they opened many years ago to the present. It is one of the most reliable restaurants in the tri-state area inclluding NYC. The standards are reliable and the chef is creative enough to appreciate the movie CHEF through his eyes. He combines the best of new and reliable. Rarely have any of our friends that we take here have been underwhelmed. What makes it outstanding is the reliability the price point and the willingness to please. I rarely have a better dinner in NYC at double the price.Special Features:
- Great views, good foodLadyaliceDined on 5/26/2014We go here often in the springtime and summertime, love the ambience.......so pretty, so much fun to eat outside.Special Features:
- Great pub menuArtistDined on 5/26/2014Excellent fish and chips wish they would improve tartar sauce and always have to ask for lemonsSpecial Features:
- ExcellentCANYCVIPDined on 5/23/2014The Greens overlooks the golfcourse at Copake Country Club so the setting is beautiful. There is an active bar but it is separate from the spacious dining area and not at all noticeable. The food is very good, using locally sourced products and prepared with imaginiation. It's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!AxelVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food and ambiance is always good! The wine pours are not overly generous but the selection is ample. The menu is always interesting, but the bar menu is not to be missed as it offers great options for kids and adults alike. The outside seating under the covered porch is a fun place to dine with large parties or just a dinner for two. I plan on spending a lot of time there this Summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Find in Columbia CountyMatildaDined on 5/17/2014This was our second visit to the Greens and we were not disappointed on either occasion. The food is mostly all excellent. Sweetbreads, halibut, steak, mozzarella dish really excellent. Veal steak not hot enough and somewhat disappointing although the sides served with it were wonderful. Desserts not their forte. Service was unbelievably good. Swift, pleasant, warm and incredibly accommodating. Gave us healthy shots of wine to taste, switched side dishes readily, reheated without complaint. The dining room is large, but full of warmth, with lovely views over the grounds and the sound level (to NYC ears) was blissful. Dress code is casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful view with very good foodLadyaliceDined on 5/11/2014Love to go to this place, especially when the weather is warm. The golf course is beautiful, when you sit on the deck and can see the greens, it is kind of magical. The indoor dining rooms are very very nice, I often go there in inclement weather and sit inside.Special Features:
- A happy Mother's DayBashBishDwellerDined on 5/11/2014Family and friends had a lovely brunch on Mother's Day. We will definitely back in the near future!Special Features:
- bobbyanmeDined on 4/20/2014The Greens has been my favorite dining place since I discovered it a few years ago its a hidden secret and lacks for nothing in my opinion. Its a dining experience you will never forget and it just keeps getting better if that's possible. I always bring my family and friends there when they visit me on Copake Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!splitchecksandwaterDined on 4/17/2014The Greens at Copake Country club is an amazing place to have dinner on Copake Lake. The view when the sun is setting is a must see! The food is really delicious and farm fresh. The menu has lots of great choices from appetizers to entrées to dessert. The wine list is impressive. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. Service was great. Definitely would recommend this place for dinner if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Never disappointing, whether you are in the mood for a sandwich and soup for lunch or a gourmet dinner. Every meal is made with love and served in beautiful surroundings. In winter, the indoor space is warm and inviting with its fireplace in the middle of the room. In the summer, there are options to eat outdoors or under the covered patio. The Greens Restaurant is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big Wow in a small town!BigDaddyfanVIPDined on 3/14/2014We love the convenience of the Green's and often go to eat from their bar menu. We did the restaurant week prix fixe this weekend and were blown away. Service has often been spotty but Anthony was fantastic! Great price for the delicious food we had. Portions were great! All around really good time - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great LocalArtistDined on 2/23/2014It is a great place to go to wheter Bar or Farm to Table Menu, love the new decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten at the GreensbdaycelDined on 2/22/2014We've eaten at the Greens several times and have always had a wonderful experience. As noted above, the ambiance is super, the food tasty and presented nicely, and the staff is courteous. We would definitely recommend the restaurant for any and all occasions. There were 6 of us including 2 children this time. We shared some items and found there was plenty. The shrimp with crab gnocci was awesome. Others enjoyed the goat cheese salad, the swordfish, the steak, the onion soup, and the brownies.Special Features:
- A FavoritedatenightDined on 2/21/2014Always enjoy coming here either with my spouse or extended family including young children.Special Features:
- Great evening with friends.MikeSr1Dined on 2/14/2014After a year of trying to get our friends to the Greens for dinner. We had a wornderful dinner, great cocktails and an attentive staff. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasions!JohnnyDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have had dinner, brunch and lunch at the Greens. The atmosphere is pleasing and not overly done and distracting. The outdoor scenery is typical Hudson Valley special. The service has always been friendly and professional. And of course the food is creative and wonderfully tasty. The drinks and deserts are perfect compliments. The best part is young, middle age or elderly you fit in. I recommend the Greens for all seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is delicious. HaveBerksDined on 2/14/2014The food is delicious. Have been many times. The wait staff is over burdened; waited 30 minutes before being asked about drinks. They should hire an extra waiter. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCraryvilleDined on 1/25/2014Extremely pleasant place - very relaxed - attentive service and great food with much sourced from local farms.Special Features:
- Food was good, service a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/24/2014Food was good, service a bit slow and always is. One of the reasons why we do not frequent the Greens. Need more servers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJustUs2VIPDined on 1/4/2014Continues to serve well above average food in a unique enviroonmentSpecial Features:
- Excellent food!SkierDined on 12/31/2013We went there for New Years Eve. The food was fabulous ..great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticNickyDined on 12/31/2013We love the Greens!! Wonderful food, excellent service, and warm atmosphere. It never lets us down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemTangodontDined on 12/24/2013Had dinner on Christmas Eve. Was very impressed by both food and service. will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.