The Greenhouse Tavern
2038 E 4th Street
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Greenhouse Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreenhousetavern.com/
- Phone: 2164430511x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jonathon Sawyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site catering is available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in regards to your event.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups of 15 to 40 in our private areas. The entire restaurant is available for events with 130 or more guests. Off site catering also available. We understand each event is different so we will help customize to your specific needs.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Sawyer 2164430511
- Cross Street: Euclid & Prospect
- Public Transit: Short walk from both Terminal Tower and Public Square - RTA and Trolly lines (http://www.riderta.com/).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available on East 4th at the cost of $8 per vehicle. Valet operated by MVP Parking. Prices may vary. Network Parking also operates many parking lots in the area.
A word from The Greenhouse Tavern
Chef Jonathon Sawyer's sustainably inspired flagship restaurant located in the heart of downtown Cleveland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Greenhouse Tavern - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
The Greenhouse Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (171)neighborhood gem (93)hot spot (89)great for outdoor dining (77)special occasion (77)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (55)late-night find (34)notable wine list (31)romantic (27)great for lunch (25)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014Love this place every single time we dine! Great cocktails, food and service!Special Features:
- WHAT???DisappointedDinner123Dined on 10/25/2014Food was over priced for the portion size and restaurant atmosphere...It felt like it wanted to be more of an upscale place and just was not. Michael Symon's restaurant right down the street beats this place with food taste, portions, and upscale atmosphere and yet they cost the same for a night out for two???...
- Something DifferentChowluvverDined on 10/25/2014The four of us decided to order cheeseburgers, something different from our usual choice of food from a proven foodie restaurant. The staff was friendly and the service impeccable. However, the choice of cheese left us all wishing we had ordered something else. The odor was unpleasant and only one of us, has no sense of smell, could finish their sandwich. I mentioned this to our server and she suggested the steak. Two declined and decided they were no longer hungry. I opted for the steak and was treated to the best steak I have probably ever eaten. It was prepared as ordered and the taste was great. I sliced pieces for the table and all agreed on its excellent taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CutenperkyDined on 10/25/2014I know this is an acclaimed restaurant/chef, but our experience there, based on the food alone was not very positive. The menu is, as my husband said, a lot of work to figure out. My so called salad was so salty it was almost I edible and consisted mostly of drowned arugula stems. The mushroom plate, also a misnomer, was tasteless and weird, and I'm a lover of mushrooms. The service was attentive and the ambience sort of fun but ultimately the food was a huge disappointment.
- A must!!Hkprincess12Dined on 10/24/2014If you find yourself in downtown Cleveland you must make a trip to Greenhouse Tavern! Please get the chicken wings as an appetizer I don't know how they make them so amazing but you must must try them !! Their menu changes often but I'm told the chicken wings are always on the menu!! Great beer and great food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall nice placemewantfoodDined on 10/24/2014alil on the pricey side but an excellent dining experience from the mind of a great Cleveland chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first visit to The GreenhouseGinger55Dined on 10/24/2014we had a great server Brian....sat at the "kitchen table".....what a hoot! so much fun watching behind the scenes; crazy busy but they would take the time to answer a quick question we had; we had the 5 course dinner and all the food was great! except I didnt care for the fries....they took my lamb burger back to cook it to my liking; my husband liked all his food; the samplers on the spoons (cant remeber what they call it)were unique and a blend of flavors;....wine list was a little pricey, maybe some less expensive selections.... . AND we bought a round of beer for the kitchen crew; their "thank you" was a fun surprise! definitely will come back and want to try out the rooftop seating!!!!Special Features:
- Great Cleveland Divemoose7722Dined on 10/21/2014Food, atmosphere and ambiance was all great, but one thing that didn't make sense to us was the First, Second, Third and Half sections of the menu. They are supposed to show portion size, but its not explained well. Staff was courteous and cute they made the evening fun for us. You won't be disappointed in the wings, or the chicken fried chicken, which was far and away my favorite dishSpecial Features:
- ConvivialRichardVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always try the fifth quarter for something delicious.Special Features:
- It was deliciouslove2eatDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went for dinner on a celebratory weekend. The service was wonderful and our server was very thoughtful. My wife is gluten intolerant and our server made sure her meal was safe for her. I had the Crispy Chicken Wings Confit that just fell off the bone and tasted amazing. I also had the Lamb Burger and I have to say that it was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. You have to try this place.Special Features:
- Dinner celebrationAmherstDined on 10/18/2014Food, service and atmosphere was great. Look forward to dining there again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meal in years!MadpotterDined on 10/18/2014We were given a gift certificate and had attempted to eat here twice but parking was a problem. We finally found a weekend with no sports events or other downtown events. It was worth the trouble. Had the walleye and my date had the ragout…….. it was the best meal we have had in years! Perfectly cooked, seasoned and served. We are going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but hoping for betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We were seated upstairs in back of tavern. As we had a theater timeline, staff tried to be attentive. Unfortunately, the main course took a long while to arrive but the staff was very aware of this and even provided a complimentary tomato dish to tide us over. The upstairs back area is very dark and it is difficult to see the menus and even the food when it arrives. Given the darkness on the table, it was hard to trim fat from steak and unfortunately the fat was fairly sizable for the steak. I wanted to enjoy this hip spot but I think the kitchen was struggling to keep up on a busy Sat night. It was a nice place to visit, and hope to try it again some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We mentioned it was our anniversary and that we were married there and immediately two glasses of champagne appeared. We love the kale salad and tried the chicken fried chicken which was amazing. We always enjoy our time at the Greenhouse Tavern.Special Features:
- BIG ODisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Food was good but overpriced. Wine pours were small. Server forgot my wife's salad and never brought one even after we told her (?) Pig's head entrée look interesting but not @ $49Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!JandPFoodiesDined on 10/10/2014Our experience at The GHT far exceded our expectations. We look forward to many more visits to our new favorite restaurant in DT Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAmyBDined on 10/9/2014We had an enjoyable lunch with unique offerings. I ordered the Kale salad with chicken which was divine. Only suggestion I would have is to add a few (just a few) more options to the lunch menu.Special Features:
- OverpricedwanttobefullDined on 10/3/2014I ordered the seared lake erie walleye. I paid $28 for about 3 ozs of fish and a tablespoon of some kind of corn recipe. I felt completely ripped off. I hate places like this that overcharge and under serve.Special Features:
- Try the clamsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Although my main entrée was excellent (beef tartar), the clams were fantastic! Best broth ever!Special Features:
- RobinDined on 10/2/2014Great food and atmosphere, but the service was very, very slow. Also had a nice gluten free menu.Special Features:
- Two days in a row not equalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014My husband & I dined 2 days in a row here. First Saturday dinner then the next day Sunday. Saturday was great; had great service and food. The second day not so much. Server not as knowledgeable about food & drinks. Service in general not as attentive. Needed to ask for additional silverware when the old was taken away. Food still great though! I would come again but not on Sunday! Also, ask not to get seated on the upstairs level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014This place has so much potential, the service is great and the staff is very knowledgeable and accommodating of food allergies, but the food is consistently over-salted to a degree that makes it inedible. I have dined here over 6 times through the years and each time have sent my food back for this reason, along with those dining with me. Please do yourself a favor Greenhouse, taste the food before you send it out.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We all enjoyed our food. We ordered the rib steak, pork chop, and walleye. They were all fantastic! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go back NOT as expected :(LetdownDined on 9/27/2014WELL... The food is good BUT...... Here we go. Cocktails Good. My daughter and I dined on the 27th of September. We 1st ordered clams we got 6 we shared 3 each. Hummm. Got the Green house salad enough for 3 fork fulls and it was all arugula. Our main was Candele Pasta 8 pcs of pasta a few pcs of short rib meat. With 4 drinks walking away still hungry our bill was $130.00 with out tip. Also it was so dark the candle on the table was tilted to read the menu. Also we sat for at least 10 min till someone took our drink order. Jon Taffer would of had a fit.
- Oink...FoodGloriousFoodDined on 9/26/2014Had a few very nice wines, corn cobs mussels & wings for starters with wings coming in as our favorite. Steak, Chops, Pigs head & Flintstone ribs and the winner was Flintstone Ribs!!! Service was outstanding, very friendly and acomidating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Client Meeting PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This was a great working lunch spot. It offers options for every dietary consideration (gluten-free, etc) and interesting takes on traditional fare to satisfy those taste buds. Great service. Would bring clients here again.Special Features:
- I ate a face.SbowlusDined on 9/22/2014I went to the Greehouse Tavern to eat the pigs head. It was good. But I am going back for the corn gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snout to tail, indeedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014Stopped in on a Sunday night (after a Browns home game, no less) with a reservation - seated promptly. Crowded and energetic vibe, good mix of all ages. most other places in the 4th Avenue block were closed. Eclectic, fun menu. Tomato appetizer was terrific, fresh and satisfying. The foie gras clams had a superflavorful broth that soaked up into the crusty bread - don't be afraid to ask for more. Gnocchi very flavorful, a little spicy, but not too spicy. Chicken wings were ok, but i wish we had ordered the animal frites instead (poutine!). We shared the house pasta with bits of short rib - fantastic. Finally, we shared the roasted pig's head. The presentation alone is worth it. Lots of food - lots of fat, but lots of fun.Special Features:
- mmm... everytimefennerificDined on 9/21/2014We have dined at Greenhouse Tavern several times and it has never failed to delight our tastesbuds. We try new things every time and not one has been a disappointment. The gravy frites are a must and we are already ready for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightRandyDined on 9/20/2014We had a great meal. Menu while not extensive is very creative and changes a lot I understand. Try the very delicious and unique chicken wings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal turned into a wonderful Event!nasrw95Dined on 9/20/2014The 5 course tasting meal that was suggested by our waiter turned our simple night out into a wonderful experience with a gem within an energetic and eclectic street in Downtown Cleveland!! such a treat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMimiDined on 9/16/2014We sat a lovely table on the second level. Our server was top-notch, catering to my food allergies, even bringing jam with the bread! She was available but not hovering. She was very knowledgable about the menu also. The food was great, too! We really enjoyed our evening out. We really never go downtown, so we enjoyed the ambiance very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendClvldvisitorDined on 9/14/2014One of the best meal experiences I've ever had! The menu is well suited for vegetarians and meat lovers alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Eveningthg765VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were quickly seated and service was superb all night. The menu has choices for all but isn't too large. Our dishes were really good. Our first time there, but not last.Special Features:
- I will keep coming back!Stephmiller25Dined on 9/11/2014One of my favorite Cleveland restaurants! My only disappointment was the removal of devils on horseback:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere; Unique FoodRobFromDCVIPDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Greenhouse Tavern. The menu is filled with interesting choices that are a twist on what you expect. Highly recommended. The place is noisy however, and it can be hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- What happened to my Opreservation?VeganJeffDined on 9/10/2014The restaurant had no record of my Open Table reservation.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014For all the press that this restaurant receives, I expected a lot more. I have visited on different occassions. I was hoping that I just ordered the wrong item on my prior visit. However, I consistently am disappointed with this restaurant.
- Superb!CWandMrsCWVIPDined on 9/7/2014Everything was a highlight for an early evening dinner before a House of Blues concert. Our server superbly explained several items on the menu, which made our choice interestingly difficult. Corn Bones - simply tasty, Candrele ragu pasta - divine! Super establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I absolutly loved the greenhouse tavern. I cannot wait to return. The waitress was incredible! She explained everything and even gave us her recommendations which were fantastic. You cannot go wrong with this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.