The Greenfield Restaurant
595 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Greenfield Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreenfieldrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (717) 393-0668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday Breakfast & Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jon Weaver
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering services for any occasion whether it is business, corporate, pharmaceutical, wedding and home food-services. Fully equipped with trucks and professional staff to design, produce maintain your event wherever your location. We are recognized as the Best of Lancaster in Catering as well as the Best of the Knot for wedding services. Call and ask for Ray or Kristen Hottenstein for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Bridal or baby showers are a specialty here at the Greenfield. Our house is yours if you want to take the whole first floor on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday evening. The patio is available during the warmer months, although we have on occasion covered it for a special event. Please contact Ray for this venue.
- Private Party Contact: Ray Hottenstein 7173930668
- Entertainment: Live Piano Player in the Lounge on Friday & Saturday evenings 6 - 10pm Lovely Ladies of Jazz Trio - Wednesday 6:30 - 9:30pm
- Special Events: Ask about our wine cellar seating. You will be in our actual cellar with only 2 tables in a very romantic and secluded area that is below ground. Ask us about "Wild Wednesday's" and our "Wild" Game offerings.
A word from The Greenfield Restaurant
Set in a 1780 Pennsylvania Stone Farmhouse with deep windows and a warm pleasant atmosphere this is a family owned and operated restaurant that is recognized as one of the "Best of Lancaster" for dinner, Sunday Brunch, patio dining, wine list, atmosphere and romantic settings. Although our building is over 225 years old we update our menu daily! Change is a good thing at the Greenfield. We specialize in next day delivery of Hawaiian Finfish and seafood while we continue to cut our own steaks. You will enjoy selections from our wine list that has been recognized by the Wine Spectator Magazine for over 9 years. Our patio and balcony over looking the trendy bar is among our customers favorite requests for lunch and dinner seating, while the wine cellar has two of the most romantic tables in the area. If you are traveling, this is one of those restaurants that you wish you had back home....and we are happy that you found us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Greenfield Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lancaster ›
The Greenfield Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (17)good for groups (15)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Dinner for oneFriederVIPDined on 11/17/2014Onion soup was excellent. Rack of lamb (medium rare) was cooked to perfection. Will be there again on my next stay in Lancaster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014We had an enjoyable evening with great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable "go to" restaurantPAtravelerDined on 11/7/2014Friends or family visiting from out of town, or just the two of you looking for a local place with great food and good service that never disappoints? The Greenfield Inn is the place for you. Nice bar too if you are feeling like a light dinner of drinks and sharing a couple of appetizers. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- great spot for diningregiVIPDined on 11/3/2014Great spot for dining - classy place and great service. A good place to enjoy the eveningSpecial Features:
- SO-SO !!CurleyGrey1Dined on 11/3/2014We tried this restaurant after not visiting it in the past 3 or 4 years. The teaser was the 1000 point OpenTable award. The down fall for this award was that it was available only after 8 PM. We arrived at 7:45 and were seated immediately in the lounge. There were 2 other tables occupied and 2 people at the bar. Anyway, we did have a light meal due to the lateness of the reservation. The waitress was attentive enough but did have an "attitude" which we couldn't understand. Must have been a bad day for her. The facility was nice enough but it won't be one of our favorites.
- Great for Occasionsrons99876Dined on 11/1/2014Our 2nd time at the Greenfield. The food and the service was outstanding. Pricey but worth it if you are a foodie. Great place for a special night out. This happened to be our anniversary. Open table reservation was very convenient and the flower delivery was very romantic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Most notably, the pork chop is to die for. The apps were great (cheese plate includes off the comb honey), and my in laws loved their salmon and crabcakes. The lamb was delicious, although it could have used a bit more spice (garlic/rosemary perhaps)?Special Features:
- Great for large groups.DQO1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Through a Open a Table we were able to find this neighborhood gem. Willing to accommodate large parties, and the food was delicious. We will definitely return next to e we are in the Lancaster area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Very disappointed in the service. Couples arrived after I was seated and gave my order and they received their drinks and salads way before I was even served bread.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 10/19/2014Greenfield continues to be our best restaurant in the Lancaster area. We have been to 66 greater Lancaster area restaurants in the 3 years we have be in LancasterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experiencesherbearDined on 10/18/2014Both my husband and I have eaten at this restaurant previously and had positive experiences. That is the reason why we chose this restaurant for our 24th anniversary. When I reserved it I specified it was for a special occasion i.e. our anniversary. When we got there, the hostess seated us on the second floor in a small room at a table in the corner. To make it less romantic, we were right next to the door in which the servers were constantly entering and exiting. Service was slow. When we received our meals, the food was excellent but we noticed quickly that the food wasn't as warm as it should have been. We both believed that our plates had sat on a warming tray for quite awhile until we received them.Special Features:
- Lovely brunchsjgkmgVIPDined on 10/5/2014The four of us had a lovely brunch. The restaurant is very quaint and beautifully decorated. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the service was good.Special Features:
- Great good and servicegr8foodDined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious and our service was great! We all ordered a different entree and each of us loved our meal!Special Features:
- Wonderful Findbigfoot2519VIPDined on 9/29/2014everything perfect! Wish place was closer to home. Highly reccommendSpecial Features:
- Good, but nothing specialLancHomeGirlVIPDined on 9/28/2014Nothing that's disappointing happened, but also nothing happened that would make me want to return. Server was not friendly. I dine outside all of the time, and have never seen this many bugs and ants crawling on the table...I imagine this is due to all of the plants surrounding the patio. Hash browns were cold. We were easily less than half the age of everyone else there. Doesn't seem like this restaurant is appealing to the crowd that it needs to in order to survive in the long run.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our meal. It was well prepared and hot. The waitress was very helpful with suggestions and nicely attentive but not intrusive. The outdoor patio was lovely and we had nice weather to be outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very thankfulMinireunionDined on 9/20/2014We were a group of college friends who had not seen each other for 35 years. The staff was very accommodating and let us stay to chat. Never once did they try to "push" us out of the restaurant even though we had stayed way past the lunch ending time. Thank you for allowing us the time to catch up with each other in a relaxed atmosphere with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/18/2014Have been to Greenfield many times - probably our favorite eating placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in LancasterMealLovDined on 9/16/2014We wanted a healthy, well presented meal in an establishment with ambience and good service. We enjoyed our meal of Scottish Salmon and Grouper with a nice glass of Pino Noir. Outside dining is lovely. Only suggestion is that the desserts could use maybe a seasonal apple or peach crisp.Special Features:
- The Harley'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted a special place to go. The Greenfield fit the bill. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014this was very good. we shared a cheese plate appetizer using local cheeses. yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatCathyDined on 9/2/2014Great restaurant . Always have good food and service!!Special Features:
- frauDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed an excellent Sunday brunch seated outdoors.Special Features:
- great foodMongooseDined on 8/30/2014The crab cakes and scallops were excellent. You could see that care went into preparing them with the careful arrangement of the food on the plate.Special Features:
- Best in Lancaster!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful atmosphere and even better food! Well balanced menu, something for everyone. Extensive wine list too!Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 8/24/2014We frequent Greenfield Inn. The food is always outstanding. Many of our friends feel the sameSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at your restaurant. the selection wfrom which to choose were ample, and we had not one word of complaint or question about how our meal was prepared.Special Features:
- Traditional, fresh-sourced menuMbMbDined on 8/16/2014The piano was playing when we arrived about 7:30 on Sat night and the restaurant was nearly full; by 9:00 only a few tables were occupied. This is a perfect restaurant for dining when you gather for a special occasion or want to enjoy a conversation with friends. The menu, along with the decor, was rather traditional: in good taste, not adventurous or lively bar scene or late night hot spot. Think country club calm. My salmon with a butter/corn sauce was very good; my husband's steak was done just as he requested. The ingredients are largely local sourced so the vegetables are seasonal and very fresh. We thought the dinner, while pricy relative to local restaurants, was a good value.Special Features:
- Great at Greenfield!foodiefriendDined on 8/1/2014Took several new foundation board members for lunch and a mini orientation. Greenfield Restaurant is a great venue to do that. Enough privacy yet sufficient activity. Always great food with many options and wonderful seasonal produce from right here in Lancaster County. We did lunch but dinners are also terrific. A wonderful place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise find and a hidden gem!NYCFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting the Lancaster area on a recent stay and had booked our reservations for a Saturday night dinner at the last minute. There weren't that many restaurant choices left for our party of 8 (with young kids). The menu looked appetizing enough that we decided to give it a try. Wow! Are we glad we found this place! Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection! We had the following appetizers: French onion soup, short ribs spring roll, calamari and the following entrees: scallops, salmon and lobster. This was a such quaint restaurant with a beautiful outdoor dining patio. More importantly, it was kid friendly. I would highly recommend coming here if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 420 reviews are from the The Greenfield Restaurant reviews archive.
- tuttDined on 7/25/2014My son and his wife came from Charleston, south Carolina for a short visit. My son is a chef at a high wnd restaurant in Charleston and it is always hard to find a restaurant that he really enjoys. Our meal was amazing and he was so impressed with your chefs preparation of the food. Our server Jonathan was amazing. As a local I was also impressed. The food was far more better than the last time I was there. Thanks for making our evening a memorable one. We definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful areaNEKdinesoutDined on 7/19/2014Been here several times. I guess the chef doesn't like to make meat well done. I asked for well done and not fatty, took a long time to make it to the table. Waitress said because I wanted it well done. It finally came rare and fatty. Didn't eat most of it. told the waitress why. She said sorry and offered me a dessert. No thanks Had good meals in the past. Not sure we will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit whenever in lancaster!HerbiejackVIPDined on 7/18/2014we love this place. fresh food. excellent service. perfection!Special Features:
- Always dependableJohnVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been to the Greenfield many times. The food and service is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelykaterinaDined on 7/5/2014A perfect afternoon entertaining friends without lifting a finger. The outdoor patio was divine complimenting perfect fresh salads and libations. Everyone had a good time young and old.Special Features:
- Attentive Waitercndirector1Dined on 6/21/2014I took my 7 year old granddaughter to Greenfield after a Saturday performance at The Fulton. What a great experience for her. Jonathan treated her like a grown- up which she loved. We had a wonderful dining experience, great meal Shells & Cheese for her and the Chicken Cashew salad for me. Chocolate Decadence for dessert and she pronounced it correctly!! Thanks for a memorable day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aceofaplace4usDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at The Greenfield. The menu was innovative. It was expensive but worth every dollar.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnermrholDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had our 12th wedding anniversary at the Greenfield and this is also our third time and they have yet to disappoint. The service is top notch and attentive. The food is well prepared, flavorful and unique. The drinks are also one-of-a-kind. Our previous two dinners there were in the secluded wine cellar, which is very romantic and full of ambience. This time, however, we wanted some place different, so we chose the balcony, which is also inside, but on the second floor overlooking the lounge. It was also out of the way of other groups of people and we could still hear the piano player that night. We have definitely made this our go-to place for romantic dinners in Lancaster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious lunchlanctransDined on 5/30/2014I had lunch on the patio and everything was lovely. The service is attentive and the foos was delicious. My friend and I both had strawberry chicken salad. Large portions and the chicken is perfectly preparedSpecial Features:
- Nice spot for dinnersmillard0630Dined on 5/24/2014We had a late reservation for 10 of us. We had the place mostly to ourselves and enjoyed the restaurant very much. Food was very good. The piano player, who we were right next to, was fabulous. Not loud but added just the right touch to our evening.Special Features: