The Greenfield Restaurant
595 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Greenfield Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreenfieldrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7173930668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday Breakfast & Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jon Weaver
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering services for any occasion whether it is business, corporate, pharmaceutical, wedding and home food-services. Fully equipped with trucks and professional staff to design, produce maintain your event wherever your location. We are recognized as the Best of Lancaster in Catering as well as the Best of the Knot for wedding services. Call and ask for Ray or Kristen Hottenstein for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Bridal or baby showers are a specialty here at the Greenfield. Our house is yours if you want to take the whole first floor on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday evening. The patio is available during the warmer months, although we have on occasion covered it for a special event. Please contact Ray for this venue.
- Private Party Contact: Ray Hottenstein 7173930668
- Entertainment: Live Piano Player in the Lounge on Friday & Saturday evenings 6 - 10pm Lovely Ladies of Jazz Trio - Wednesday 6:30 - 9:30pm
- Special Events: Ask about our wine cellar seating. You will be in our actual cellar with only 2 tables in a very romantic and secluded area that is below ground. Ask us about "Wild Wednesday's" and our "Wild" Game offerings.
A word from The Greenfield Restaurant
Set in a 1780 Pennsylvania Stone Farmhouse with deep windows and a warm pleasant atmosphere this is a family owned and operated restaurant that is recognized as one of the "Best of Lancaster" for dinner, Sunday Brunch, patio dining, wine list, atmosphere and romantic settings. Although our building is over 225 years old we update our menu daily! Change is a good thing at the Greenfield. We specialize in next day delivery of Hawaiian Finfish and seafood while we continue to cut our own steaks. You will enjoy selections from our wine list that has been recognized by the Wine Spectator Magazine for over 9 years. Our patio and balcony over looking the trendy bar is among our customers favorite requests for lunch and dinner seating, while the wine cellar has two of the most romantic tables in the area. If you are traveling, this is one of those restaurants that you wish you had back home....and we are happy that you found us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Greenfield Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lancaster ›
The Greenfield Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (22)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- JohnVIPDined on 8/24/2014We frequent Greenfield Inn. The food is always outstanding. Many of our friends feel the sameSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at your restaurant. the selection wfrom which to choose were ample, and we had not one word of complaint or question about how our meal was prepared.Special Features:
- Traditional, fresh-sourced menuMbMbDined on 8/16/2014The piano was playing when we arrived about 7:30 on Sat night and the restaurant was nearly full; by 9:00 only a few tables were occupied. This is a perfect restaurant for dining when you gather for a special occasion or want to enjoy a conversation with friends. The menu, along with the decor, was rather traditional: in good taste, not adventurous or lively bar scene or late night hot spot. Think country club calm. My salmon with a butter/corn sauce was very good; my husband's steak was done just as he requested. The ingredients are largely local sourced so the vegetables are seasonal and very fresh. We thought the dinner, while pricy relative to local restaurants, was a good value.Special Features:
- Great at Greenfield!foodiefriendDined on 8/1/2014Took several new foundation board members for lunch and a mini orientation. Greenfield Restaurant is a great venue to do that. Enough privacy yet sufficient activity. Always great food with many options and wonderful seasonal produce from right here in Lancaster County. We did lunch but dinners are also terrific. A wonderful place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise find and a hidden gem!NYCFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting the Lancaster area on a recent stay and had booked our reservations for a Saturday night dinner at the last minute. There weren't that many restaurant choices left for our party of 8 (with young kids). The menu looked appetizing enough that we decided to give it a try. Wow! Are we glad we found this place! Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection! We had the following appetizers: French onion soup, short ribs spring roll, calamari and the following entrees: scallops, salmon and lobster. This was a such quaint restaurant with a beautiful outdoor dining patio. More importantly, it was kid friendly. I would highly recommend coming here if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuttDined on 7/25/2014My son and his wife came from Charleston, south Carolina for a short visit. My son is a chef at a high wnd restaurant in Charleston and it is always hard to find a restaurant that he really enjoys. Our meal was amazing and he was so impressed with your chefs preparation of the food. Our server Jonathan was amazing. As a local I was also impressed. The food was far more better than the last time I was there. Thanks for making our evening a memorable one. We definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful areaNEKdinesoutDined on 7/19/2014Been here several times. I guess the chef doesn't like to make meat well done. I asked for well done and not fatty, took a long time to make it to the table. Waitress said because I wanted it well done. It finally came rare and fatty. Didn't eat most of it. told the waitress why. She said sorry and offered me a dessert. No thanks Had good meals in the past. Not sure we will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit whenever in lancaster!HerbiejackVIPDined on 7/18/2014we love this place. fresh food. excellent service. perfection!Special Features:
- Always dependableJohnVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been to the Greenfield many times. The food and service is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelykaterinaDined on 7/5/2014A perfect afternoon entertaining friends without lifting a finger. The outdoor patio was divine complimenting perfect fresh salads and libations. Everyone had a good time young and old.Special Features:
- Attentive Waitercndirector1Dined on 6/21/2014I took my 7 year old granddaughter to Greenfield after a Saturday performance at The Fulton. What a great experience for her. Jonathan treated her like a grown- up which she loved. We had a wonderful dining experience, great meal Shells & Cheese for her and the Chicken Cashew salad for me. Chocolate Decadence for dessert and she pronounced it correctly!! Thanks for a memorable day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aceofaplace4usDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at The Greenfield. The menu was innovative. It was expensive but worth every dollar.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnermrholDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had our 12th wedding anniversary at the Greenfield and this is also our third time and they have yet to disappoint. The service is top notch and attentive. The food is well prepared, flavorful and unique. The drinks are also one-of-a-kind. Our previous two dinners there were in the secluded wine cellar, which is very romantic and full of ambience. This time, however, we wanted some place different, so we chose the balcony, which is also inside, but on the second floor overlooking the lounge. It was also out of the way of other groups of people and we could still hear the piano player that night. We have definitely made this our go-to place for romantic dinners in Lancaster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious lunchlanctransDined on 5/30/2014I had lunch on the patio and everything was lovely. The service is attentive and the foos was delicious. My friend and I both had strawberry chicken salad. Large portions and the chicken is perfectly preparedSpecial Features:
- Nice spot for dinnersmillard0630Dined on 5/24/2014We had a late reservation for 10 of us. We had the place mostly to ourselves and enjoyed the restaurant very much. Food was very good. The piano player, who we were right next to, was fabulous. Not loud but added just the right touch to our evening.Special Features:
- Good foodsandieoDined on 5/24/2014Waiter was a little cocky. But the food was well prepared and well presented. A little pricy but a nice place to have dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great Outside Lancaster spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Nice setting in Greenfield deco omens. Across street nice walking trails around lakes with swans. Food is great. Early American ambiance in dining room. Modern eaton bar with outside ding. Just a great spot for a nice leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an uncomforatble dinnerhighexpectationsDined on 5/10/2014I was disappointed in the restaurant. Service was slow, food took almost an hour after ordering to serve main course. Pacing was totally off, and despite requests to ensure vegetarian diners meals, it seemed the vegetables were cooked with bacon. The final straw was despite multiple requests to turn down A/C (it was rainy day, hence it was actually freezing inside) we had to leave before the desert course. They did bring the check quickly though, but didn't pick it up and the other diners had to leave the table due to the cold while I sat for 5-10 minutes waiting and finally hunted down a waitress to run the bill while I stood there in the hallway. Totally unprofessional.
- Another fine lunch experiencelunchbunchDined on 5/9/2014Group of 10 from Eastern PA and MD returned for yet another great dining experience. Food and service were excellent and ambiance allowed for conversation. We will return.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014The perfect spot to celebrate a birthday, particularly an elderly relative's who has difficulty hearing and communicating. The staff was most accommodating. They permitted me to bring a birthday cake, which our waitress served along with ice cream for the very modest charge of $2.50 per person. And she could not have been more patient with or kind to the birthday "girl." Greenfield's is a short distance and welcome respite from the mediocre food and crowded chaos of the chain restaurants along Route 30. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 405 reviews are from the The Greenfield Restaurant reviews archive.
- date nightkaterinaDined on 4/18/2014I've eaten here many times and it is always consistently good. Suggested it for a date night and was not disappointed. Super food, great drinks and good service. There just enough to keep things rolling but, away enough to give us alone time to catch up on life and romance.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 4/16/2014I had the Buffalo. I didn't care for it. Too red and too tough. My wife had the Walleye. She didn't care for it
- A wonderful brunchMEBLDined on 4/6/2014Lovely place with a terrific porch in warmer weather. Food cannot be beat. Imaginative drinks. Courteous seating for those with limited mobility. Best brunch around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect place for a special date!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My husband and I loved our evening at Greenfield! The food was excellent and dinner in the wine cellar was super romantic!!! Our service was fabulous!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really liked the atmospheregr8foodDined on 3/21/2014We really liked the atmosphere mainly because the tables are not too close to each other so it was fairly quiet. The food was outstanding! We had the rock fish/salmon chowder and it was excellent! Our filets were done exactly as we ordered them. The service was excellent too. We will definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- greenfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014ok the cellar is great for a nice romantic dinner. now with that said the service we had was awful. the calamari was bland. the rack of lamb is awesome. the barrel cut of prime rib was horrible. the spatzele was just as bad very doughie. the mash potatoes cold. then the expresso martinis we ordered for dessert was even worst. would I go back NO,No,NoSpecial Features:
- One of the best in Lancaster, Pa.FRIENDDined on 3/13/2014This is really a great place to dine, Food, Wine and Service is finest we have experienced in Lancaster County. Recommend.10 out of 10. Don't tell to many about it. Owners could let it go to their head or it could become overrun. LOL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all around!JaniceDined on 3/8/2014This was the first time my husband and I ate at Greenfield, and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent with many choices for our diverse palates. Our server was knowledgable and made fantastic recommendations. I absolutely recommend the Greenfield Inn if you are looking for romantic ambience and superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedGardylooDined on 3/8/2014All in all, nice atmosphere, good food for a fast food restaurant, but way overpriced for what you are getting. I suspect the management got a good reputation and then started raising prices and lowering quality. So sad. Would never recommend to a friend. Prime rib below average and tasteless, even with the $3 onions. Grilled veggies were far from fresh. Desserts seemed mass produced but tasty.
- A special restaurant thatFrankyDined on 3/1/2014A special restaurant that has a good mix of semi-casual dining with fine dining food. The service is always friendly, personable, and attentive. My wife and I recommend the seafood. It is very fresh and cooked perfectly. Live music on the weekends, special events, and gracious hosts make it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!DiningduoVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our first time at the wonderful Greenfield Restaurant and we were very impressed. The food was superb and the service delightful. It was a fifty minute drive from our home, but it was very with it! We round most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent servicechasnanVIPDined on 2/21/2014Food is excellent service is great very nice & romantic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it, you'll like itButchDined on 2/16/2014One of the few upscale restaurants left with fair pricing. Really enjoy it for that special occasion, like Valentine's brunch. If you haven't, or it has been awhile since you have been to Greenfield, try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceOldtimerDined on 2/4/2014We returned to the Greenfield for a special dinner with an out-of-town guest. The food and service were excellent. Our guest was much impressed. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeTKLTZDined on 1/26/2014We have been to the Greenfield periodically over the years and always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Food and Service Outstandingstevema320Dined on 1/25/2014The servers were knowledgeable and delivered excellent service. We even had a small spill and someone was at our table before we had time to react. Two of our diners had the pork and both commented on how moist and flavorful the dish turned out to be. Another diner had the crab cakes and absolutely loved them! The restaurant is a beautiful old barn or maybe a carriage house. We were seated in the bar area which had some nice piano music playing, but there are other areas of the restaurant that are more secluded and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, service wasSherryDined on 1/12/2014Good atmosphere, service was good, not intrusive. Based on other reviews we expected the food to be a little more upscale, but it was okay, biscuits and muffins were good. We were there for brunch so will go back and try dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect for a celebrationJoDineDined on 1/4/2014We were celebrating our mother's birthday and the staff suggested we sit in the wine cellar. It was cozy and quiet (except for us) and a perfect setting. I had checked out the menu prior to our visit and was excited to try the sea scallops which featured a local favorite of mine, turkey sausage from the Turkey Lady at Lancaster Central Market. The food tasted delightful, and with the risotto it all seemed the perfect arrangement. The rest of my party equally enjoyed their food as well. Our server was attentive and fun, and we were even honored to have a table visit from the head chef. It was a superb experience and I would recommend Greenfield to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best restaurantchasnanVIPDined on 12/30/2013This is the best restaurant in the Lancaster area food is great service is great I would recommend it in a heart beat owners come around to tables ask how your meals are have a personal touch with his customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, solid dining spotRJDRDined on 12/21/2013Our experience was great, fourth visit. Joe our server was very very good, attentive and conversational. If I had only one recommendation, it would be to offer the beet salad as an upgrade. Even a few dollars to exchange for the dinner salad, you could make maybe $12 dollars for a $15 dollar salad. No big deal, just a thought. Really a top notch night out. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.