The Greene House - Kierland Commons
15024 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Greene House - Kierland Commons
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 4808899494x
- Hours of Operation:
Full Menu All Day
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Monday – Thursday: 11am - 9:30pm
Friday – Saturday: 11am - 10:30pm
Sundays Half Price Bottles of Wine — All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Suto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Greene House - Kierland Commons
Inspired by the great farms, markets and ranches of California, the menu at The Greene House will change seasonally and will feature simple, clean and uncomplicated dishes. Ingredients will be sourced locally whenever possible and freshness is of the utmost importance. A well chosen wine list features wines from boutique wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Greene House - Kierland Commons - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Greene House - Kierland Commons reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (21)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (9)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- ...Off Night?candy2Dined on 8/16/2014We are Fox Restaurant Concepts fans-as all our other experiences have been great (True Food; Culinary Dropout; Blanco Tacos; Olive & Ivy; The Henry). We had heard good things about The Greene House restaurant, but had never been. Friends were visiting from LA, and thought this would be a perfect place to have dinner. We were seated inside, at the "front" of the restaurant, just as you come in off the street. The overwhelming smell was of a greasy spoon restaurant (grease cooking), which surprised us. We started with the Herb Hummus appetizer, which was good. The entrees were very disappointing-The Rainbow Trout (overcooked and very dry) and the Crispy 1/2 Chicken also had some overcooked and dry portions. Sadly, we won't recommend.
- Fantastic lunch, excellent serviceScottsdaleFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Lunch for a group of three greatly exceeded my expectations. Appetizers (tuna tatake and mussels) as well as main courses (grilled salmon and trout) were mouth-wateringly good, the Grüner Veltliner pairing was a perfect complement, and the meal choices made for a truly enjoyable culinary experience. Finally, our waitress, Crystal, topped off our excellent dining experience with truly wonderful service and attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy beyond reasonableGoodeatsDined on 8/8/2014Our party of four practically had to yell to be heard above the noise. Really spoiled the evening. Strongly suggest to sit outside if restaurant is crowded. Otherwise the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgertbDined on 8/8/2014The Green House had wonderful food, great selection and everything was cooked to perfection. The only draw back was the noise level. The restaurant/bar is an open concept so it is not great for a quiet dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMediocre2VIPDined on 8/2/2014I have dined at every Fox Restaurant Concept in Phoenix, this was my second time at the Green House the first time I sat at the bar. There was no rush to take our orders refill the drinks, my burger was so hot it burnt my mouth and my dates salad could have been a bit bigger and tossed table side. Overall it was not the best I don't think that I will be retuning. The restaurant was not that busy and our sever was also working the patio which just made our wait even longer.Special Features:
- Great lunch as usualFoodcrazyDined on 7/31/2014Love going to this place. The food and atmosphere is great. I can't wait for the cooler weather to return to sit out on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time - great food!foxrocksDined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed the food. It was too hot to sit outside and the place was packed, even during the summer. I am glad we had reservations. As usual, we enjoyed everything about one of the fox concepts restaurants. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow...noisyRockfishDined on 7/26/2014Food was great. Service was super slow due to a "large party of ten." Huh? I personally won't go back due to the incredible noise level.
- 2nd timersrdsx040713Dined on 7/23/2014Another very good experience dining here. Both food and service were on the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific time after timePNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 7/21/2014A favorite - always great food & service. Atmosphere terrific. We enjoy going here for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- myfavemyfaveDined on 7/16/2014My favorite place to eat out. Delicious food, excellent service, lovely setting!Special Features:
- bellaCiaBellaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Salmon was delicious as was warm brie appetizer. Very good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuGinaDined on 7/8/2014Great selection of different items to choose from. Our server was very nice and attentive. The kitchen took a really long time to get our food out. The waitress did feel bad and did give us a complimentary dessert for the delay. We will be back!!Special Features:
- PerfectJulieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Delicious. Loved every bit! Tuna tacos, greenhouse salad and fresh pasta with shrimp. Yummy. Blueberry crostata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodMangiareVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was fresh, nicely prepared, and very good value. The happy hour wines are also delightful.
- Greene House on a WhimODOSDined on 7/3/2014Cozy with great service and can only imagine on a nice Fall/Spring night how it could be better with windows open. Food possibilities offered variety for the "I want meat" to the "I watch what I eat" and both having quality taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service and lunchatldiner90VIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a weekend lunch at the Greene House and really enjoyed it. Our server was super attentive and took amazing care of us. We added salmon to the beet salad at our server's advice and it was a great idea. Hummus was tasty too.Special Features:
- Great food and great servicegrtniteoutDined on 6/28/2014My date and I really enjoyed the great food & awesome service! It was both our first time at the Greene House and we would do it all again! Wow we both also enjoyed the music from the concert in the park area that was close by! Wow that was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodhenryDined on 6/27/2014The food and service is always very good. There is an extensive wine list. The menu is also very good and offers a lot of choice. If I had any criticism of the restaurant, it would be that the menu does not change often enough and sometimes when we return for dinner many months later, the dishes, while be excellent are the same. Many of the dishes remain the same for more than 6 months and a little variation would be much appreciated. Everyone there, however is very attentive and clearly interested in making the diners happy.Special Features:
- herbodocVIPDined on 6/26/2014had the fish tacos which had excellent fish, however, they are a bit pricey at $14 for two tacos.Special Features:
- Great place for Girlie LunchDebraDined on 6/24/2014This was my first time at this Restaurant. Ordered the Salmon Salad and it was the perfect size for lunch. The bread is outstanding and a great accompanimentSpecial Features:
- Great FindLaurainazVIPDined on 6/22/2014Really love the place and 1/2 wine on Sunday is a nice treat!Special Features:
- Relaxing SpotmyfaveDined on 6/16/2014The Greene House is my favorite place for a relaxing lunch or dinner. The food is delicious with a nice variety on the menu. The service is excellent. The setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Love this placeDwigDined on 6/13/2014I love the trout here! Everytime we dine here, we bring someone who hasn't been before. The remarks are always the same; "the food is great". I like dining on the patio in the winter. Summer indoors is not as nice, but food and service is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2014Great experience! It was our first visit, and it definitely won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicJepa2Dined on 6/7/2014I was looking for Classic American menu. This was it with a bit of a twist. Meatloaf topping, delicious. Fresh pasta....I'll dream about having it again.Special Features:
- great neighborhood place to stopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Dinner was good the only problem was the music in the restaurant was going against the music in the park making for a too much music at one time. When the music in the park starts the music in the restaurant should be turned off.Special Features:
- Another good experienceDavidB1Dined on 6/4/2014This was our second time dining here, and even though it was quite warm outside, we chose to dine on the patio as they had a misting system. It made the heat tolerable, and we really enjoyed our even with a good dining experience. This is becoming a new favorite of ours.Special Features:
- Spend your money elsewhereLocalkidDined on 6/1/2014While the location and decor wasn't my issue the service and good was. I got an initial impression from our waitress that we didn't quite fit in. While she wasn't rude she just was not overly friendly. The good would be what I would consider average. I had the Kobe burger which was just 'ok'. A guest of mine ordered the pasta with shrimp and only ate half of it and woke up later that night throwing it back up. Stated to me that they think the shrimp were undercooked. Overall not a 100.00 dinner experience I would do again at this establishment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014Noise level was terrible. I had to shout tp make myself understood to my dining companion and the serving staff. This is very annoying and makes my dining experience unpleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/26/2014The food is always good They now serve a bacon spread with the bread. I think they should serve something in addition if they want to continue with that spread Greene House is consistent and we will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "go to" placeDM2InspVIPDined on 5/26/2014Whenever we are out and want to grab a bite, The Green House comes to mind. The food is light and delicious, and we enjoy the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AZJerrVIPDined on 5/23/2014One of my favorite lunch spots in Scottsdale. Friendly, fast service and consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal, great valueMshbnyehudVIPDined on 5/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dining al fresco on a comfortable Scottsdale evening. Homemade pasta with shrimp was delicious. Wine selections are atypical, and fairly priced. Overall value is quite high. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Good, not great..JLovesFoodDined on 5/17/2014Everything about this restaurant is just okay, if not underwhelming. I'd definitely go back, but I wouldn't crave it.
- Best foodluvtolunchDined on 5/13/2014My friend and I was having a late Birthday lunch celebration and we couldn't of chosen a better place. The service fun and professional, the food is thee best.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerCarolynDined on 5/11/2014The Greene house was the perfect spot for me & my family to celebrate Mother's Day. We had never eaten there before & all three of us had fantastic food! Our server was Rachel she was very good! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, but pricey for lunchDavidB1Dined on 5/11/2014We tried The Greene House for Mother's Day, and my wife and I both LOVED it. We dined on the patio, and even though it was windy they did a good job of minimizing the effects using clear plastic shades. The food was terrific (we both had the trout). It would be nice to have been able to order from a lunch menu though. For dinner, I think it is reasonably priced but for lunch it is quite expensive since you are ordering off of the dinner menu. One complaint though, is that we both had a glass of wine, and we found out later that on Sunday they offer 1/2 price bottles of wine...it would have been nice if our server had mentioned this to us. But I highly recommend it, especially for evening dining.Special Features:
- GemmyfaveDined on 5/10/2014The Greene House serves delicious food in a pleasant atmosphere with excellent service. They will accept half orders or allow two people to split an entrée, which is what most seniors would want to do since portions are large. Great for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- The following 753 reviews are from the The Greene House - Kierland Commons reviews archive.
- LoveOkayDined on 5/3/2014Greene House is my go to place for Lunch on a Saturday or Sunday Afternoon, casual dinner with friends, or just a quick bite to eat! Love that they have more casual salad and sandwich options on their menu for lunch and some bigger entree options for dinner. A relaxed scene that can get "scottsdale" sometimes, still a great little gem in kierland!Special Features: