The Greene House - Kierland Commons
15024 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Greene House - Kierland Commons
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 4808899494x
- Hours of Operation:
Full Menu All Day
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Monday – Thursday: 11am - 9:30pm
Friday – Saturday: 11am - 10:30pm
Sundays Half Price Bottles of Wine — All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Suto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Greene House - Kierland Commons
Inspired by the great farms, markets and ranches of California, the menu at The Greene House will change seasonally and will feature simple, clean and uncomplicated dishes. Ingredients will be sourced locally whenever possible and freshness is of the utmost importance. A well chosen wine list features wines from boutique wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Greene House - Kierland Commons - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Greene House - Kierland Commons reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (54)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (24)hot spot (17)good for groups (15)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- HarryDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful food and a fun server. Ate on the patio on a beautiful evening. Will definitely come back when we are in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Fantastic Menu with great twistsIdeaVPDined on 9/23/2014A must try is the bacon-wrapped Pork Tenderloin or the Kale salad. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentLaurainazVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've been here several times - the food is good; the wait staff needs improvement. We go back because food is good and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Excellent!SarahBDined on 9/21/2014Food and service was top-notch! We had amazing food, excellent waiter, and really enjoyed the whole dining experience!Special Features:
- Green Housecbd95Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant is lovely, food excellent, but if you want to carry on a conversation this is not the restaurant to eat at. VERY NOISYSpecial Features:
- Service Left a Lot to be DesiredDrHankVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have dined here repeatedly. As always, the food was great. For the first time, however, the service below what one would expect. We were accosted upon being seated for our drink order. I had to task the server for more time since we didn't even have a chance to look at the menu of libations. Then, he disappeared. The rest of the night it was very difficult to get him to pay any attention to us. It took far to long place our orders and almost as long to get a check once we were done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner !AterletDined on 9/18/2014The food here was amazing. Portion sizes just right. Everything was delicious. We were too full for dessert. Next time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenhouse should be GreathouseFreedogDined on 9/13/2014So much fun - a great atmosphere and the food is outstanding. Everyone at our table raved about their meal. Service was really great and the outdoor experience enhanced it all. It's a little loud inside so we prefer outside or at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We found The Greenhouse by searching Open Table Reviews while visiting Scottsdale. Everything there was amazing, it was fresh and high qiality. Being from New England, we are used to fresh Atlantic seafood, and the Greenhouse was a 10 on a scale of 10 im our book. Excellent scallops are hard to find, and Green House's were over the top of the scale. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared, the service was excellent, and the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy hummus!HHsharkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Best humus ever! Grape tomatoes, red onion and feta. Bazzzzing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Greene HouseRemyBoyDined on 9/3/2014We picked this place in the Kierland Commons because of the good reviews. It was so good. My husband rarely ever orders pork (only because he prefers beef) and decided to try it. It was absolutely delicious! I had the home made pasta and shrimp, which seems like a simple dish, but the flavors were wonderful. The place is a bit noisy and it was too hot to sit on the patio which would have been really nice. It's delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time ever disappointedEttieVIPDined on 9/2/2014We constantly come here for certain dishes, one being their yummy prep of mussels. This time our enthusiasm spilled over to another person at our table. All of us found the mussels minuscule and tough. The sauce was delicious as always, but we did not complain which would have interrupted our flow of conversation. Our mistake, for I know they would have corrected the problem.Special Features:
- DisappointingMangiareVIPDined on 9/1/2014I had a snapper dish and the preparation was "swimming" in an acidity broth and covered with over cooked vegetables. We had to ask two times for bread and it was strange when it arrived. There was some type of spread (possibly with bacon) that was a poor execution. My dining partner had meatloaf and that was much better. The food is uneven, at best.
- ...Off Night?candy2Dined on 8/16/2014We are Fox Restaurant Concepts fans-as all our other experiences have been great (True Food; Culinary Dropout; Blanco Tacos; Olive & Ivy; The Henry). We had heard good things about The Greene House restaurant, but had never been. Friends were visiting from LA, and thought this would be a perfect place to have dinner. We were seated inside, at the "front" of the restaurant, just as you come in off the street. The overwhelming smell was of a greasy spoon restaurant (grease cooking), which surprised us. We started with the Herb Hummus appetizer, which was good. The entrees were very disappointing-The Rainbow Trout (overcooked and very dry) and the Crispy 1/2 Chicken also had some overcooked and dry portions. Sadly, we won't recommend.
- Fantastic lunch, excellent serviceScottsdaleFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Lunch for a group of three greatly exceeded my expectations. Appetizers (tuna tatake and mussels) as well as main courses (grilled salmon and trout) were mouth-wateringly good, the Grüner Veltliner pairing was a perfect complement, and the meal choices made for a truly enjoyable culinary experience. Finally, our waitress, Crystal, topped off our excellent dining experience with truly wonderful service and attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy beyond reasonableGoodeatsDined on 8/8/2014Our party of four practically had to yell to be heard above the noise. Really spoiled the evening. Strongly suggest to sit outside if restaurant is crowded. Otherwise the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgertbDined on 8/8/2014The Green House had wonderful food, great selection and everything was cooked to perfection. The only draw back was the noise level. The restaurant/bar is an open concept so it is not great for a quiet dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMediocre2VIPDined on 8/2/2014I have dined at every Fox Restaurant Concept in Phoenix, this was my second time at the Green House the first time I sat at the bar. There was no rush to take our orders refill the drinks, my burger was so hot it burnt my mouth and my dates salad could have been a bit bigger and tossed table side. Overall it was not the best I don't think that I will be retuning. The restaurant was not that busy and our sever was also working the patio which just made our wait even longer.Special Features:
- Great lunch as usualFoodcrazyDined on 7/31/2014Love going to this place. The food and atmosphere is great. I can't wait for the cooler weather to return to sit out on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time - great food!foxrocksDined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed the food. It was too hot to sit outside and the place was packed, even during the summer. I am glad we had reservations. As usual, we enjoyed everything about one of the fox concepts restaurants. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow...noisyRockfishDined on 7/26/2014Food was great. Service was super slow due to a "large party of ten." Huh? I personally won't go back due to the incredible noise level.
- 2nd timersrdsx040713Dined on 7/23/2014Another very good experience dining here. Both food and service were on the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific time after timePNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 7/21/2014A favorite - always great food & service. Atmosphere terrific. We enjoy going here for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- myfavemyfaveDined on 7/16/2014My favorite place to eat out. Delicious food, excellent service, lovely setting!Special Features:
- bellaCiaBellaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Salmon was delicious as was warm brie appetizer. Very good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuGinaDined on 7/8/2014Great selection of different items to choose from. Our server was very nice and attentive. The kitchen took a really long time to get our food out. The waitress did feel bad and did give us a complimentary dessert for the delay. We will be back!!Special Features:
- PerfectJulieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Delicious. Loved every bit! Tuna tacos, greenhouse salad and fresh pasta with shrimp. Yummy. Blueberry crostata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodMangiareVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was fresh, nicely prepared, and very good value. The happy hour wines are also delightful.
- Greene House on a WhimODOSDined on 7/3/2014Cozy with great service and can only imagine on a nice Fall/Spring night how it could be better with windows open. Food possibilities offered variety for the "I want meat" to the "I watch what I eat" and both having quality taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service and lunchatldiner90VIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a weekend lunch at the Greene House and really enjoyed it. Our server was super attentive and took amazing care of us. We added salmon to the beet salad at our server's advice and it was a great idea. Hummus was tasty too.Special Features:
- Great food and great servicegrtniteoutDined on 6/28/2014My date and I really enjoyed the great food & awesome service! It was both our first time at the Greene House and we would do it all again! Wow we both also enjoyed the music from the concert in the park area that was close by! Wow that was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodhenryDined on 6/27/2014The food and service is always very good. There is an extensive wine list. The menu is also very good and offers a lot of choice. If I had any criticism of the restaurant, it would be that the menu does not change often enough and sometimes when we return for dinner many months later, the dishes, while be excellent are the same. Many of the dishes remain the same for more than 6 months and a little variation would be much appreciated. Everyone there, however is very attentive and clearly interested in making the diners happy.Special Features:
- herbodocVIPDined on 6/26/2014had the fish tacos which had excellent fish, however, they are a bit pricey at $14 for two tacos.Special Features:
- Great place for Girlie LunchDebraDined on 6/24/2014This was my first time at this Restaurant. Ordered the Salmon Salad and it was the perfect size for lunch. The bread is outstanding and a great accompanimentSpecial Features:
- Great FindLaurainazVIPDined on 6/22/2014Really love the place and 1/2 wine on Sunday is a nice treat!Special Features:
- Relaxing SpotmyfaveDined on 6/16/2014The Greene House is my favorite place for a relaxing lunch or dinner. The food is delicious with a nice variety on the menu. The service is excellent. The setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Love this placeDwigDined on 6/13/2014I love the trout here! Everytime we dine here, we bring someone who hasn't been before. The remarks are always the same; "the food is great". I like dining on the patio in the winter. Summer indoors is not as nice, but food and service is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2014Great experience! It was our first visit, and it definitely won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicJepa2Dined on 6/7/2014I was looking for Classic American menu. This was it with a bit of a twist. Meatloaf topping, delicious. Fresh pasta....I'll dream about having it again.Special Features:
- great neighborhood place to stopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Dinner was good the only problem was the music in the restaurant was going against the music in the park making for a too much music at one time. When the music in the park starts the music in the restaurant should be turned off.Special Features: