The Greene House - Kierland Commons
15024 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Greene House - Kierland Commons
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: (480) 889-9494
- Hours of Operation:
Full Menu All Day
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Monday – Thursday: 11am - 9:30pm
Friday – Saturday: 11am - 10:30pm
Sundays Half Price Bottles of Wine — All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Suto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Greene House - Kierland Commons
Inspired by the great farms, markets and ranches of California, the menu at The Greene House will change seasonally and will feature simple, clean and uncomplicated dishes. Ingredients will be sourced locally whenever possible and freshness is of the utmost importance. A well chosen wine list features wines from boutique wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Greene House - Kierland Commons reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (66)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (43)special occasion (20)hot spot (20)good for groups (13)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Excellent.MillerTimeDiningVIPDined on 11/22/2014ENJOYED. Had East Coast Family in --- Just NICE:-).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and ambience!RobinJacksonDined on 11/21/2014Great place - the tuna tartar tacos, calamari, and fresh pasta dishes were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasions, Not so MuchLMO10Dined on 11/18/2014We had picked this restaurant to celebrate my niece's birthday. When we got there I told the hostess of the special occasion. We were seated at a nice table. Ordered wine and a starter. Then ordered our dinner. All the food was very good. The waiter gave his recommendations and knew the menu well. We also ordered a dessert, their homemade donut, which was recommended by the waiter. We had brought presents and my niece opened them at the table. The only disappointment of the evening is that there was NO acknowledgement of the birthday. I did not expect anything "free" but a Happy Birthday from the waiter would have been nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent mealJulesVIPDined on 11/15/2014The Greene House is so convenient for the enormous Westin Keirland that it's a no brainer to go to it for lunch or dinner. I did both. Lunch was so pleasant. A lovely table outside, cheerful efficient service and delicious fish tacos. Dinner had exactly the same menu that I had seen at lunch. Hmm. Had the scallops which were delicious. The first bottle of wine was corked and the waiter dealt with it without question and brought a different pinot gris which was not only not corked but delicious. (name escapes me at the moment) The noise level was quite high.I would recommend The Greene House more for lunch than dinner because the menu is more a lunch time/casual menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SpotTheWolfmanDined on 11/15/2014Found this place by accident and great place indeed...fabulous food, ambiance and atmosphere....can't wait to get back to Scottsdale to make it a regular spot for dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casey Rules!SullyVIPDined on 11/9/2014The Greene House is my favorite restaurant in this area of The Kierland Commons. Many food choices in the area but this place never disappoints. I always have seafood entrees. I ordered trout this time and it was great. And if you think you don't care for salmon, order it here. Outstanding attention to detail in how prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cal cuisinecacti1VIPDined on 11/6/2014Somewhat noisy,service was very good,ambience was average. Limited menu and wine list. The appetizer---hummus-- was delectable and unfortunately the best part of the meal! Should have selected 3-5 apps and made that our meal.Better selection and taste than entrees. Wife had the trout which was nothing special and I had the meatloaf with similar result. Portions were sizeableSpecial Features:
- An Old FavoritefoodieheavenDined on 11/4/2014We usually visit The Greene House for lunch, but it turns out dinner is equally good. My husband orders the mussels (with chorizo) every time. It's on the menu as an appetizer, but it makes a nice small dinner too. My girlfriend and I had the fresh pasta, mine with shrimp and hers with chicken. I know mine was delicious and I think hers was too as we both finished all of it. Same with her husband's chicken. Nothing spectacular, but consistently good. We were talked into sharing a couple of rum cake desserts - kind of like little pineapple upside down cakes -- fabulous!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Always a great meal. Soup is delicious. Great restaurant for friends and family because it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Ordered a Kobe burger which was recommended by the server. Waited a very long time to get it and I can promise you it wasn't Kobe beef. I've had better experiences at in and out burger. Maybe they had an off night. But my experience was disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014We always go to Greene House when we want a good meal, nice restaurant and overall dependability.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceSullyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Just always a remarkable restaurant. Have been coming to Kierland for 9 years from Nebraska and each stay includes dinning at The Green House. Had the salmon entree. Great dish and fish prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- AwesomeahemefoodDined on 10/10/2014Greene House is always great. Their pot stickers are amazing just like the Henry. The crispy chicken is very hard to refuse every time I go there. My life loves her salads and Greene House never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryEnglishDined on 10/3/2014We found the Green House by chance, located in a great area of Kierland. Easy parking even on a Friday night, central locale, welcoming atmosphere, charming wait staff. Food was served promptly, was excellent and fulfilling for both parties. Great choice, would recommendSpecial Features:
- Great place...AlejandroVIPDined on 9/30/2014The menu is well engineered with options that are for everybody. Service is courteous and effective. Very well priced.Special Features:
- Tacos not so greatPgirl1Dined on 9/30/2014The Greene House has a bright, friendly, welcome atmosphere. The server was excellent! The bread serviced with a bacony, cheesey, buttery spread was a real treat. I ordered the Mahi-mahi Tacos since they are listed on the restaurant site as one of the two most popular dishes. The tacos are served with a delicious bowl of white beans. The tacos, however, are lacking, seemed pretty bland, needed some seasoning or sauce or anything to perk up the flavor. Another in the group agreed with this assessment. A friend ordered the greens and chicken salad and was disappointed with the small portion that was served.Special Features:
- foodenvyDined on 9/27/2014Excellent, thoughtful service. Prices a little steep for the casual nature of restaurant.Special Features:
- HarryDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful food and a fun server. Ate on the patio on a beautiful evening. Will definitely come back when we are in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Fantastic Menu with great twistsIdeaVPDined on 9/23/2014A must try is the bacon-wrapped Pork Tenderloin or the Kale salad. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentLaurainazVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've been here several times - the food is good; the wait staff needs improvement. We go back because food is good and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Excellent!SarahBDined on 9/21/2014Food and service was top-notch! We had amazing food, excellent waiter, and really enjoyed the whole dining experience!Special Features:
- Green Housecbd95Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant is lovely, food excellent, but if you want to carry on a conversation this is not the restaurant to eat at. VERY NOISYSpecial Features:
- Service Left a Lot to be DesiredDrHankVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have dined here repeatedly. As always, the food was great. For the first time, however, the service below what one would expect. We were accosted upon being seated for our drink order. I had to task the server for more time since we didn't even have a chance to look at the menu of libations. Then, he disappeared. The rest of the night it was very difficult to get him to pay any attention to us. It took far to long place our orders and almost as long to get a check once we were done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner !AterletDined on 9/18/2014The food here was amazing. Portion sizes just right. Everything was delicious. We were too full for dessert. Next time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenhouse should be GreathouseFreedogVIPDined on 9/13/2014So much fun - a great atmosphere and the food is outstanding. Everyone at our table raved about their meal. Service was really great and the outdoor experience enhanced it all. It's a little loud inside so we prefer outside or at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We found The Greenhouse by searching Open Table Reviews while visiting Scottsdale. Everything there was amazing, it was fresh and high qiality. Being from New England, we are used to fresh Atlantic seafood, and the Greenhouse was a 10 on a scale of 10 im our book. Excellent scallops are hard to find, and Green House's were over the top of the scale. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared, the service was excellent, and the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy hummus!HHsharkVIPDined on 9/5/2014Best humus ever! Grape tomatoes, red onion and feta. Bazzzzing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Greene HouseRemyBoyDined on 9/3/2014We picked this place in the Kierland Commons because of the good reviews. It was so good. My husband rarely ever orders pork (only because he prefers beef) and decided to try it. It was absolutely delicious! I had the home made pasta and shrimp, which seems like a simple dish, but the flavors were wonderful. The place is a bit noisy and it was too hot to sit on the patio which would have been really nice. It's delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time ever disappointedEttieVIPDined on 9/2/2014We constantly come here for certain dishes, one being their yummy prep of mussels. This time our enthusiasm spilled over to another person at our table. All of us found the mussels minuscule and tough. The sauce was delicious as always, but we did not complain which would have interrupted our flow of conversation. Our mistake, for I know they would have corrected the problem.Special Features:
- DisappointingMangiareVIPDined on 9/1/2014I had a snapper dish and the preparation was "swimming" in an acidity broth and covered with over cooked vegetables. We had to ask two times for bread and it was strange when it arrived. There was some type of spread (possibly with bacon) that was a poor execution. My dining partner had meatloaf and that was much better. The food is uneven, at best.
- ...Off Night?candy2Dined on 8/16/2014We are Fox Restaurant Concepts fans-as all our other experiences have been great (True Food; Culinary Dropout; Blanco Tacos; Olive & Ivy; The Henry). We had heard good things about The Greene House restaurant, but had never been. Friends were visiting from LA, and thought this would be a perfect place to have dinner. We were seated inside, at the "front" of the restaurant, just as you come in off the street. The overwhelming smell was of a greasy spoon restaurant (grease cooking), which surprised us. We started with the Herb Hummus appetizer, which was good. The entrees were very disappointing-The Rainbow Trout (overcooked and very dry) and the Crispy 1/2 Chicken also had some overcooked and dry portions. Sadly, we won't recommend.
- Fantastic lunch, excellent serviceScottsdaleFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Lunch for a group of three greatly exceeded my expectations. Appetizers (tuna tatake and mussels) as well as main courses (grilled salmon and trout) were mouth-wateringly good, the Grüner Veltliner pairing was a perfect complement, and the meal choices made for a truly enjoyable culinary experience. Finally, our waitress, Crystal, topped off our excellent dining experience with truly wonderful service and attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy beyond reasonableGoodeatsDined on 8/8/2014Our party of four practically had to yell to be heard above the noise. Really spoiled the evening. Strongly suggest to sit outside if restaurant is crowded. Otherwise the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgertbDined on 8/8/2014The Green House had wonderful food, great selection and everything was cooked to perfection. The only draw back was the noise level. The restaurant/bar is an open concept so it is not great for a quiet dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMediocre2VIPDined on 8/2/2014I have dined at every Fox Restaurant Concept in Phoenix, this was my second time at the Green House the first time I sat at the bar. There was no rush to take our orders refill the drinks, my burger was so hot it burnt my mouth and my dates salad could have been a bit bigger and tossed table side. Overall it was not the best I don't think that I will be retuning. The restaurant was not that busy and our sever was also working the patio which just made our wait even longer.Special Features:
- Great lunch as usualFoodcrazyDined on 7/31/2014Love going to this place. The food and atmosphere is great. I can't wait for the cooler weather to return to sit out on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 787 reviews are from the The Greene House - Kierland Commons reviews archive.
- Good time - great food!foxrocksDined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed the food. It was too hot to sit outside and the place was packed, even during the summer. I am glad we had reservations. As usual, we enjoyed everything about one of the fox concepts restaurants. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow...noisyRockfishDined on 7/26/2014Food was great. Service was super slow due to a "large party of ten." Huh? I personally won't go back due to the incredible noise level.
- 2nd timersrdsx040713Dined on 7/23/2014Another very good experience dining here. Both food and service were on the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific time after timePNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 7/21/2014A favorite - always great food & service. Atmosphere terrific. We enjoy going here for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.