The Green Room
116 N. Main St
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Green Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreenroomupstate.com/
- Phone: 8643358222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Long
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate any size of party that you might need, and come up with individual menus for you and your guest. We offer this both on site and offside whether it be at an event location or your home.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a small intimate location that can be rented out for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Fletcher 8643358222
- Entertainment: We have three large tv's above the bar and music playing throughout! Also the artwork on the walls is like eating in a gallery!
- Cross Street: Between Coffee and E. North
- Public Transit: The Main Street Trolley runs right past the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet Parking Wednesday through Saturday from 6pm. There are several parking garages within 5 minutes walk as well as ample street parking available.
A word from The Green Room
The Green Room was opened to satisfy those who would like to go for out for a great evening that will include all of the following attributes, Exquisitely Created Menu Items (everything is made from scratch inside The Green Room), Fine Dining Service, Casual Intimate Atmosphere, and Expertly made drinks from Experienced Bartenders. When you join us @ The Green Room we want you to be able to come not for just a meal, but your evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Green Room - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
The Green Room reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (32)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (28)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- ClassicGreenvillefoodieDined on 8/29/2014This is an amazing restaurant that we frequent because every aspect is always exceptional. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The waitress finally came by only to tell us that she would be back in a few minutes. Finally ordered a bottle of wine and the fried green tomato appetizer. After 10 minutes the waitress said that they were out of the wine and the manager was running across the street to a wine bar to get more. Ten minutes later the appetizer came but still no wine. We saw the manager come back with the wine but it was ten minutes before they brought it to the table. The tomatoes in the appetizer were thin and over fried. We asked about bread and the waitress said that they were out of bread and all of the dough was frozen. The crab cakes were mostly fillers, but other wise the food was okay. It took forever to get the bill.Special Features:
- DiningDivaDined on 8/16/2014Extreme disappointment. My brothers steak was tough. My husbands dinner looked like slop. You couldn't identify the food. The brussel sprouts were brown and total mush (yuk), his chicken was dry and overcooked. I never would sit food on my table at home that had this poor of presentation and taste. We will warn others and never go back.
- WaitressFoodsters2Dined on 8/16/2014Our waitress expressed concern about the chef's ability to cook beef filet as ordered, said she had had problems with him all week. We mentioned going by "SIP" after dinner. She looked at the men's shorts( dress shorts, nice collared shirts) and said they might not let us in as they have a "bouncer" and a dress code. All very odd! We did go and the bouncer invited us in of course. The food was good, the filet cooked perfectly. Waitress also noted the kitchen was disorganized and all of sour food would come out at different times. Steak came first, but all other dishes were delivered, by the waitress, within 2 to 3 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightAshleyDined on 8/9/2014We ate at the Green Room for a recent date night and very much enjoyed the experience. Originally, we were seated at a table, and were able to move to a much better booth. The food was delicious - especially the truffle fries.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedUpstateSCFoodiesDined on 8/8/2014We have been to The Green Room several times before and have always enjoyed it, which is why we selected it for this special occasion dinner. The server was terrible - no personality and no experience. She brought our salads and appetizer together, then tried to bring our entrees while we were eating our salads and hadn't even gotten to the appetizer. Appetizer was cold by the time we tried to eat it. Flavor wasn't very good. When we told the server, she said she didn't think they were good, either. Entrees were just OK. We were rushed through our meal and found ourselves out the door in 39 minutes from the time we were seated. What was planned to be an enjoyable meal with several glasses of wine didn't last beyond a single glass.
- Best Burger and sweet potato fries!RoscoeDined on 8/8/2014I always want to try something else however I always go back to the burger. Black & Blue my fav but did try Southwest really good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeLuv2eat7871Dined on 8/1/2014As we entered we were greeted by a friendly hostess who had already assigned us the table in the window which pleased me as we could people watch main street Greenville hustle and bustle on a Sat afternoon. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and steered us in the right direction toward our menu choices. Overall the meal was great! We ordered a burger and the chicken melt, the parm truffle fries and the sweet potato fries. Great choices. Great place... will be back there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDonBDined on 7/30/2014Girlfriend and I both ordered the meatloaf which came with creamed bacon peas and jalapeno macaroni. It was phenomenal. Calamari was excellent as well. Waiter was great. Every aspect of the dining experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Green RoomGreenvillefoodieDined on 7/29/2014The Green Room is and has been one of my most favorite restaurants ever. There is a nice variety of food choices for lunch or dinner. It is high quality food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatloaf ever!AnnieFannieDined on 7/27/2014Don't go if someone isn't getting the meatloaf. That would be a sin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 7/27/2014Great Sunday Brunch as usual. Service was a bit slow though.....Special Features:
- Nu2gvlDined on 7/26/2014The food was awesome but the restaurant was hot and muggy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great downtown spotfoodieintrainingDined on 7/24/2014The food was great and so was the customer service. The only issue was lack of air conditioning. It was extremely hot which made the dining experience rather uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Spot for Breakfast/LunchMooseGurlDined on 7/20/2014The Green Room is a bit of a Greenville favorite. The food is standard Southern/Greenville fare and is quite good for the price, which is moderate but not expensive; overall, it feels like a good value. I ordered the tarragon, feta and tomato omelette for brunch and was not at all disappointed. I was also not necessarily blown away, but The Green Room is a good option if you're looking to impress without spending a fortune. In general, the service was not excellent but also not terrible. If I were to "grade" my overall experience, I'd probably give it a middle B.Special Features:
- A so-so experiencefoodieDined on 7/19/2014While the food was ok, the price was high for the portion size. The noise level was acceptable, but that was probably because we were seated at a window table. Looking out onto Main Street was a plus.Special Features:
- lunch timegud4meDined on 7/15/2014All in our group ordered the pick 2 or pick 3 combo. The salads were fantastic and the chicken salad sandwich very good but half portion a little skimpy for a guy but I didn't want a big lunch anyway (the girls didn't complain). I was the only one who had soup of the day which was a tomato bisque with chunks of chicken and crunching green beans which was wonderful. This was my first visit to the Green Room and one of our associates had been there several times and recommended it. Will certainly be going back to try other menu items like the eggs benedict. Our service was very good as well, and nice atmosphere. A bonus is the cupcake shop next door too (wink wink).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...OhanaMamaDined on 7/13/2014This was a very good meal, but nothing more. The air was not working so the entire restaurant was stuffy and uncomfortable. The service was not bad, but not outstanding. It reminded me a bit of the bar Cheers. If you are looking for a bar to do shots with your barbartender (I found this very unprofessional.) this is the place for you.The food was delicious which was the saving grace of our evening. When making reservations be sure to specify that you want one of the two booths in front of the windows. These seats were the best in the house. We were able to enjoy a nice view of Main Street while we ate.
- Good Food, Bad AmbiencejamiesgirlDined on 7/12/2014I had the chicken, potatoes, and asparagus. The chicken was outstanding, and the potatoes were really good, too. The asparagus was okay, but it didn't have much flavor. The parmesan fries were outstanding as well! And the rolls were oh, so yummy! We also had an excellent server, although I can't remember her name. My biggest complaint is that apparently there is no air conditioning, so it was quite warm. Plus, the music was extremely loud, so it was hard to talk to each other. The bar is small, but it seems to take over the whole restaurant. We will probably go back in the fall, when it is cooler, and we can eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair ExperienceQueenDined on 7/12/2014The food was great, and came out quickly. Service was just fair. The restaurant was very loud and didn't seem very clean.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!DG12687Dined on 7/11/2014Overall...Very nice ambience. They have free champagne for ladies during happy hour on Thursdays. Their truffle fries are amazing. Food is consistently very good! Great, professional service! The restaurant is small but they can accommodate a large group with a reservation.Special Features:
- I will not bother to go back hereUpstateFoodieDined on 7/3/2014This was my first visit to The Green Room. Seeing positive comments on-line, I invited two guests for lunch. We ordered the BLT with parmesan fries, the shrimp Po'Boy with shoestring fries, and a breakfast plate of French Toast. The food was not awful, but barely okay. Certainly, not memorable. In my opinion - the parmesan fries are NOT special. My guest who ordered the shoestring fries said that he liked them, but thought they tasted exactly like fries from McD's. Worse than the food was the service. Our waitresses never smiled. She and the rest of the staff were just sour. The restaurant was not full, and we waited 45 minutes for our meals. With so many amazing restaurants downtown Greenville, can't not imagine why I would return.
- Always a treatMICKIEVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food is always great inThe Green Room. We had a burger, truffle fries, and a plate of calamari. The burger was do e to perfection and really tasty. The calamari was served in a hot, fruity sauce which was delicious. The truffle fries are addictive, so watch out!Special Features:
- every town should have a green roomchapinDined on 6/29/2014we've been there twice. really good food...best grits.very good servers for both visits. nice decor. only complaint is our table was in tight path to the bathrooms, and i was bumped twice from behind. still, we will continue to go for all the other good things.Special Features:
- great salad, small portionsnomgreengirlDined on 6/28/2014Everything was delicious; not the best in town but a cut above the rest. Try the steak salad and the roastrd chicken. Best mojito I've had on town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!aspn1960Dined on 6/27/2014Between the food, the location and the ambience, this is a great place!Special Features:
- Over Rated - BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014Unfortunately we did not take the advice of other diners. Take mine, please. The crab cakes had so much bread filling and arrived burnt on one side (turned down so hopefully we wouldn't see it) and they were cold inside. Sending them back to the kitchen didn't resolve the issue. The trout was deep fried and had honey poured over the top. The only decent thing we had was the taco appetizers. Neither of us finished our dinner and I took my date down the street to Rick Erwins Nantucket Restaurant were we got an order of the crab cake appetizers. TGR chefs.... do yourself a favor... go down the street and taste some real crab cakes. Oh... and call Gordon Ramsey... you qualify for an episode of Kitchen Nightmares!
- good food, but musty airmattDined on 6/20/2014good food, nice place, but TGR needs to take a look at their HVAC. The air circulating inside is questionable. Maybe they were having issues with the HVAC unit, but they didn't make us aware so we thought it was just a normal night. The food is something to return for, as long as they get the funky air taken care of. The place just had a moldy smell that made things sort of unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice ambienceTheTinChefDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I wanted to have a special dinner with a friend that was returning to France. We all had something different for dinner, which says great things about the menu. Limited, like quality restaurants typically do, but with a enough selections to satisfy a multitude of tastes. I had the ribeye with truffle pommes frites, which was excellent. My wife enjoyed her scallops so much we teased her about licking the plate. Our guest had the salmon and it too left no traces on the plate. Our other guest had the crab cakes, which she seemed to enjoy as well. Our waitress was attentive and knew the menu. We lucked out and got the window seat, which is quite nice for downtown Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service & food- nice outsidesundaybrunchcrewDined on 6/15/2014My 16 and 21 year old kids ate there for Father's Day. I asked about specials. The waitress said there were none but I had just her someone else say there were. She went inside and then gave me the specials. We had bloody Mary's. They took a very long time to get. Overall the waitress was not attentive. I ordered the steak medium is was well. My son's dish was more like a fast food chain. We were very underimpressed with the brunch as we had been told it was a good Sunday spot. The outside dining was perfect. I only wish the food and service had also been as good.Special Features:
- Pleasantly PleasedMeff44VIPDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I dined here this past weekend. The food was outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChipDined on 6/12/2014TGR is always good, always fun.My family always enjoys dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Street Access for the HandicapredderekDined on 6/12/2014I brought my 90 year old mother. Getting her in and out was easy. Food was great. Service outstanding. Bar is in the dinning room and gets a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMikemDined on 6/8/2014I took my family there for a milestone birthday. Bartender was very friendly and professional. Food was excellent, presentation was good. Great location and convenient to parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great quaint restaurant with unique entre options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableBoosieDined on 6/7/2014We dined at the Green Room prior to attending the theatre. It was recommended to us by a local citizen and were not disappointed. The food was excellent and our waitress very pleasant.Special Features:
- liked variety of menuvonrealmDined on 6/1/2014We were seated quickly (had a reservation). My only complaint is that we sat for over 20 minutes before getting the attention of any wait staff. Then, the waitress we got seemed to come out of nowhere and was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherchicagofoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014Visiting for business and this place was highly recommended, but I am unclear why. However, I asked what they are "known" for and because I am not a fan of meatloaf I opted for a crab cake appetizer and lamb chops. I received a burnt/charred crab cake (that's a first) followed by a charred lamb chop with a rare - which seems fine, but when I opened it up (by the way.... it was so DARK in the room had to use my iphone to see) to eat and I found a dried, old piece of meat with no juice - just raw with a hint of warmth (that's a stretch). I returned it, and left for the evening. Underwhelmed to say the least. Very kind staff, but I think I would have had better food at my hotel bar (if that doesn't 'splain it - not sure what would)....
- First visitNanaDined on 6/1/2014It took a considerable time to get our food after ordering it but this gave 2 friends time to visit and get caught up with what we have been missing in each other's lives. The food was very tasty, served very attractively, and was hot on arrival. It was a good value for the cost. I will definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014I enjoy the Green Room every time I go. Anything on their menu is delicious...esp their seafood dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.