The Green Room
116 N. Main St
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Green Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegreenroomupstate.com/
- Phone: (864) 335-8222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Long
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate any size of party that you might need, and come up with individual menus for you and your guest. We offer this both on site and offside whether it be at an event location or your home.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a small intimate location that can be rented out for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Fletcher 8643358222
- Entertainment: We have three large tv's above the bar and music playing throughout! Also the artwork on the walls is like eating in a gallery!
- Cross Street: Between Coffee and E. North
- Public Transit: The Main Street Trolley runs right past the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet Parking Wednesday through Saturday from 6pm. There are several parking garages within 5 minutes walk as well as ample street parking available.
A word from The Green Room
The Green Room was opened to satisfy those who would like to go for out for a great evening that will include all of the following attributes, Exquisitely Created Menu Items (everything is made from scratch inside The Green Room), Fine Dining Service, Casual Intimate Atmosphere, and Expertly made drinks from Experienced Bartenders. When you join us @ The Green Room we want you to be able to come not for just a meal, but your evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Green Room - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
The Green Room reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (22)romantic (18)hot spot (14)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A true favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014I will say, The Green Room never disappoints! Dined here for many meals - breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Every item is cooked wonderfully. Perfectly poached eggs, crispy roasted potatoes, savory crab cakes, crisp-tender vegetables, deliciously fresh, abundant salads and soups. The service is always well-paced, friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. The ambiance and atmosphere are another reason why I enjoy this restaurant so often. I realize that it's a vague and general review I'm giving, but I've had so many items on the menu and honestly loved them all. A testament to why TGR is a neighborhood favorite! And don't ever change your truffled Parmesan fries. Ever. Oh, and I loved that you guys played Billy Joel immediately followed by Guns 'N Roses during Sunday brunch. Brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceWebsterDined on 11/21/2014The service was excellent and the food was prepared beautifully. The unique menu is fun to share with others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The poor service spoiled the eveningCarolDined on 11/16/2014I was treating my daughter to dinner & a show at the Peace Center & made 5 pm reservations to catch the 6:30 show. We arrived at 4:58 and were seated immediately. I informed the hostess of our evening plans. We sat at the table until 5:15 and no one came to our table. I approached the hostess again. At 5:25 we had water glasses dropped off. no one had asked us if we wanted a drink. At 5:35 our order was taken. At 5:45 my appetizer arrived and was told it would be free because of the delay. I would much rather have had the time to enjoy my food. At 5:55 our dinners arrived. Both my daughter and i were able to eat less than half our dinner since we still had to walk to the Peace Center and be seated for the 6:30 show. Our poor service ruined our dinner and put a damper on the whole evening. I will not return or recommend the Green Room to anyone.
- Waited over an hour for our food and leftComputerFoodieDined on 11/16/2014Three days before arriving, I had made a reservation for 5 PM for my wife and I to have a little early supper before a 6:30 PM show at the Peace Center a few blocks away. I thought that would be more than enough time to have a leisurely dinner and still make the show. We arrived at 4:59 and were immediately seated at a nice big booth, but we were not addressed by a server until around 5:10. By that time we had decided on our entire meal of only two entrees, a soda, and a sweet tea; which the server took and disappeared to return with our beverages 5 minutes later. He informed us that the kitchen was "switching over from lunch service" and he would put our orders in "as soon as possible". We informed him that it would be fine as long as we could get to our show at 6:30. 30 minutes later, bread and butter arrived at the table. This was nice, and we only had to wait 5 more minutes to catch the waiter and request flatware to butter the bread with. Bread plates never came, but that's ok. My classy wife and I had fun drawing in the crumbs on the table. At 6:00, an hour after arriving at the restaurant and 50 minutes after ordering our food, neither the food nor the waiter were anywhere to be seen. Disgruntled people, obviously in the same situation as ourselves, who had their food arrive only to be wolfed down in order to make the show, were leaving with frowns on their faces. At 6:15, we decided to cut our losses and leave. Judging that since it was probably not the server's fault, and that he had almost begun to care about the situation, we left cash and tip for the drinks on the table, informed the bartender of how truly sorry we were for not being able to stay longer than 50 minutes to wait for our food, and walked to the cupcake shop next door for a quick snack to make it through the show on.
- Good food, great serviceMICKIEVIPDined on 11/6/2014My husband is on a low-sodium diet, so eating out is a challenge. Our waitress, Karen, assured us that everything was made from scratch, so no worries. Indeed! Wonderful grilled salmon, smashed red potatoes, and asparagus...no salt, but full of flavor. I had the rack of lamb...yummy! Nice wine list, too. Karen was a very attentive server, without being intrusive. Excellent experience all around.Special Features:
- Poor service, decent foodGvillegirlDined on 10/26/2014It's a shame that the service was so terrible that I won't be going back, because I have no real complaint with the food. We had to ask for a highchair five times, and finally the mother had to go get one herself from an empty outside table! The orders were mixed up, the checks were mixed up, there was no offer for coffee refills. The waiter seemed nice, but he just didn't do his job properly. I will tell my friends to avoid this place.
- lobyrdDined on 10/11/2014-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------OkaySpecial Features:
- Breakfast was ok, not greatDmwgeminiVIPDined on 10/5/2014Had the stuffed French toast. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great. Not really very stuffed. Waiter was nice. Place was empty on a Sunday morning.
- Good Mid-Day FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014The Green Room is inventive with their lunch menu and did not disappoint. The crab appetizer we great as were the soups, with the main courses following the pattern. The restaurant is not oversized and had a quaint feel to it. Jessica tended to us very well and gave good recommendations. We look forward to trying dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOwenLuvsFoodDined on 10/2/2014Great food and service - steak is best in downtown and the truffle fries are spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerJustkuczDined on 9/28/2014This place never disappoints. Fantastic food and a wonderful variety w unusual combinations. Great atmosphere. Friendly, well trained wait staff. Love the location on walkable Main Street. A visit to Greenville just isn't the same without a meal at Green RoomSpecial Features:
- Great Place to dineSCMIKEDined on 9/27/2014A nice place on Main street Greenville easy to get to with plenty of places to park. The food is excellent, ample being served with a pleasant presentation. Definitely a restaurant to try and enjoy anytime your in the areaSpecial Features:
- luvgreenluvfoodwineDined on 9/22/2014green room has never disappointed on food, quality of food and reasonable price. We en joyed girls night beginning at SIP and walking across the street to a very fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!RokenDined on 9/21/2014I had their stuffed toast, and would gladly report that it was excellent! Definitely give it a try if you love a sweet and crunchy as well as interesting dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun post game dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Great food and atmosphere. Not really a "romantic" place - but for a family outing after a game it was perfect! Parking and traffic were horrid, but thanks to the valet we didn't have to fight it too long. Only negative was the 1 valet when it started pouring - we had to wait.Special Features:
- ClassicGreenvillefoodieDined on 8/29/2014This is an amazing restaurant that we frequent because every aspect is always exceptional. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experience!restfoodieDined on 8/27/2014The waitress finally came by only to tell us that she would be back in a few minutes. Finally ordered a bottle of wine and the fried green tomato appetizer. After 10 minutes the waitress said that they were out of the wine and the manager was running across the street to a wine bar to get more. Ten minutes later the appetizer came but still no wine. We saw the manager come back with the wine but it was ten minutes before they brought it to the table. The tomatoes in the appetizer were thin and over fried. We asked about bread and the waitress said that they were out of bread and all of the dough was frozen. The crab cakes were mostly fillers, but other wise the food was okay. It took forever to get the bill.Special Features:
- Terrible service, bad timingjaywalkeDined on 8/24/2014I had brunch here at 10am last Sunday. Our four-top ordered three mimosas, one Bloody Mary, an appetizer and brunch. There were maybe four tables in the restaurant when we sat down, and at least four waitstaff. It took fifteen minutes to get glasses of water. We asked about our drinks and were told they were "at the bar." The appetizer came out shortly after, followed within only a few minutes by our brunch plates. The waitress tried to clear away the appetizer plates while we were still eating. We finally got our drinks maybe twenty minutes after sitting down, well after the meal had started. Terrible service, awful timing. It was a bad experience, and I will not be back.
- DiningDivaDined on 8/16/2014Extreme disappointment. My brothers steak was tough. My husbands dinner looked like slop. You couldn't identify the food. The brussel sprouts were brown and total mush (yuk), his chicken was dry and overcooked. I never would sit food on my table at home that had this poor of presentation and taste. We will warn others and never go back.
- WaitressFoodsters2Dined on 8/16/2014Our waitress expressed concern about the chef's ability to cook beef filet as ordered, said she had had problems with him all week. We mentioned going by "SIP" after dinner. She looked at the men's shorts( dress shorts, nice collared shirts) and said they might not let us in as they have a "bouncer" and a dress code. All very odd! We did go and the bouncer invited us in of course. The food was good, the filet cooked perfectly. Waitress also noted the kitchen was disorganized and all of sour food would come out at different times. Steak came first, but all other dishes were delivered, by the waitress, within 2 to 3 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightAshleyDined on 8/9/2014We ate at the Green Room for a recent date night and very much enjoyed the experience. Originally, we were seated at a table, and were able to move to a much better booth. The food was delicious - especially the truffle fries.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedUpstateSCFoodiesDined on 8/8/2014We have been to The Green Room several times before and have always enjoyed it, which is why we selected it for this special occasion dinner. The server was terrible - no personality and no experience. She brought our salads and appetizer together, then tried to bring our entrees while we were eating our salads and hadn't even gotten to the appetizer. Appetizer was cold by the time we tried to eat it. Flavor wasn't very good. When we told the server, she said she didn't think they were good, either. Entrees were just OK. We were rushed through our meal and found ourselves out the door in 39 minutes from the time we were seated. What was planned to be an enjoyable meal with several glasses of wine didn't last beyond a single glass.
- Best Burger and sweet potato fries!RoscoeDined on 8/8/2014I always want to try something else however I always go back to the burger. Black & Blue my fav but did try Southwest really good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeLuv2eat7871Dined on 8/1/2014As we entered we were greeted by a friendly hostess who had already assigned us the table in the window which pleased me as we could people watch main street Greenville hustle and bustle on a Sat afternoon. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and steered us in the right direction toward our menu choices. Overall the meal was great! We ordered a burger and the chicken melt, the parm truffle fries and the sweet potato fries. Great choices. Great place... will be back there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDonBDined on 7/30/2014Girlfriend and I both ordered the meatloaf which came with creamed bacon peas and jalapeno macaroni. It was phenomenal. Calamari was excellent as well. Waiter was great. Every aspect of the dining experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 504 reviews are from the The Green Room reviews archive.
- Love the Green RoomGreenvillefoodieDined on 7/29/2014The Green Room is and has been one of my most favorite restaurants ever. There is a nice variety of food choices for lunch or dinner. It is high quality food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatloaf ever!AnnieFannieDined on 7/27/2014Don't go if someone isn't getting the meatloaf. That would be a sin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great Sunday Brunch as usual. Service was a bit slow though.....Special Features:
- Nu2gvlDined on 7/26/2014The food was awesome but the restaurant was hot and muggy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great downtown spotfoodieintrainingDined on 7/24/2014The food was great and so was the customer service. The only issue was lack of air conditioning. It was extremely hot which made the dining experience rather uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Spot for Breakfast/LunchMooseGurlDined on 7/20/2014The Green Room is a bit of a Greenville favorite. The food is standard Southern/Greenville fare and is quite good for the price, which is moderate but not expensive; overall, it feels like a good value. I ordered the tarragon, feta and tomato omelette for brunch and was not at all disappointed. I was also not necessarily blown away, but The Green Room is a good option if you're looking to impress without spending a fortune. In general, the service was not excellent but also not terrible. If I were to "grade" my overall experience, I'd probably give it a middle B.Special Features:
- A so-so experiencefoodieDined on 7/19/2014While the food was ok, the price was high for the portion size. The noise level was acceptable, but that was probably because we were seated at a window table. Looking out onto Main Street was a plus.Special Features:
- lunch timegud4meDined on 7/15/2014All in our group ordered the pick 2 or pick 3 combo. The salads were fantastic and the chicken salad sandwich very good but half portion a little skimpy for a guy but I didn't want a big lunch anyway (the girls didn't complain). I was the only one who had soup of the day which was a tomato bisque with chunks of chicken and crunching green beans which was wonderful. This was my first visit to the Green Room and one of our associates had been there several times and recommended it. Will certainly be going back to try other menu items like the eggs benedict. Our service was very good as well, and nice atmosphere. A bonus is the cupcake shop next door too (wink wink).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...OhanaMamaDined on 7/13/2014This was a very good meal, but nothing more. The air was not working so the entire restaurant was stuffy and uncomfortable. The service was not bad, but not outstanding. It reminded me a bit of the bar Cheers. If you are looking for a bar to do shots with your barbartender (I found this very unprofessional.) this is the place for you.The food was delicious which was the saving grace of our evening. When making reservations be sure to specify that you want one of the two booths in front of the windows. These seats were the best in the house. We were able to enjoy a nice view of Main Street while we ate.
- Good Food, Bad AmbiencejamiesgirlDined on 7/12/2014I had the chicken, potatoes, and asparagus. The chicken was outstanding, and the potatoes were really good, too. The asparagus was okay, but it didn't have much flavor. The parmesan fries were outstanding as well! And the rolls were oh, so yummy! We also had an excellent server, although I can't remember her name. My biggest complaint is that apparently there is no air conditioning, so it was quite warm. Plus, the music was extremely loud, so it was hard to talk to each other. The bar is small, but it seems to take over the whole restaurant. We will probably go back in the fall, when it is cooler, and we can eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair ExperienceQueenDined on 7/12/2014The food was great, and came out quickly. Service was just fair. The restaurant was very loud and didn't seem very clean.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!DG12687Dined on 7/11/2014Overall...Very nice ambience. They have free champagne for ladies during happy hour on Thursdays. Their truffle fries are amazing. Food is consistently very good! Great, professional service! The restaurant is small but they can accommodate a large group with a reservation.Special Features:
- I will not bother to go back hereUpstateFoodieDined on 7/3/2014This was my first visit to The Green Room. Seeing positive comments on-line, I invited two guests for lunch. We ordered the BLT with parmesan fries, the shrimp Po'Boy with shoestring fries, and a breakfast plate of French Toast. The food was not awful, but barely okay. Certainly, not memorable. In my opinion - the parmesan fries are NOT special. My guest who ordered the shoestring fries said that he liked them, but thought they tasted exactly like fries from McD's. Worse than the food was the service. Our waitresses never smiled. She and the rest of the staff were just sour. The restaurant was not full, and we waited 45 minutes for our meals. With so many amazing restaurants downtown Greenville, can't not imagine why I would return.
- Always a treatMICKIEVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food is always great inThe Green Room. We had a burger, truffle fries, and a plate of calamari. The burger was do e to perfection and really tasty. The calamari was served in a hot, fruity sauce which was delicious. The truffle fries are addictive, so watch out!Special Features:
- every town should have a green roomchapinDined on 6/29/2014we've been there twice. really good food...best grits.very good servers for both visits. nice decor. only complaint is our table was in tight path to the bathrooms, and i was bumped twice from behind. still, we will continue to go for all the other good things.Special Features: