The Greek Kitchen
889 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
The Greek Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.greekkitchennyc.com/
- Phone: 2125814300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Greek Kitchen
The Greek Kitchen offers a classic selection of Greek food; from baked mainstays such as Moussaka and Pastichio, to popular choices such as Lamb Kebabs and Gyros.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreek
The Greek Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Hell's Kitchen ›
The Greek Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Comfort nightfinikyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Just landed in New York and wanted simple but good, not disappointed. Zucchini chips are a must just have them put the sauce on the side. Great value on the grill dinners, brought home a go box with plenty of leftovers. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoviefanDined on 9/12/2014Decent Greek food at a reasonable price. Nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent Food; Attentive ServiceMLG18104Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful Greek restaurant in Hells Kitchen. Out table loved the sample platter of various spreads and the ever flowing grilled pita. Entrees included several of the grilled fish, spanakopita, and the braised lamb shank. All were excellent. We did witness other tables eating the gyro platter and intend to order that on our next visit. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Not the best Greek food in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014We went out of our way to visit The Greek Kitchen and we're somewhat disappointed. The atmosphere is more like a diner than a restaurant. The octopus appetizer was quite good, but the saganaki was odd and not what you would expect. The meat platter servings were quite large, but also fatty and a little tough. If you live in Hell's Kitchen (or are passing through and in the mood for Greek food) this kitchen may suffice, but we can think of several Greek restaurants with better food and better atmosphere.
- Love this placeDanaVIPDined on 8/7/2014I love this place more and more every time I go. Huge portions that come with so many sides, friendly staff, reasonable prices. Highly recommend their Greek fries (fresh potato chips with some grated cheese on top and their orzo). Chicken and salads so delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great at The Greek KitchenMartBDined on 7/31/2014We chose to celebrate a promotion for one of our colleagues at work & we had a table of 8. The service, quality of food & ambiance are always great here. It is really one of the finds in Hell's Kitchen area. Never disappoints & always quality. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Excellent qualityNJPhysicianDined on 7/26/2014We ate here for the first time. The fish was extremely fresh. The Greek fries are a must. Everyone loved their dishes. Proces are moderate for Manhattan.Special Features:
- Sam200Dined on 7/14/2014Very good food, very good service, very good ambiance, and not noisy. A great restaurant.Special Features:
- Great lunch choiceHeavyforkDined on 7/11/2014I made a reservation for 7 the morning of our lunch and we were easily accomodated. We were seated immediately upon our arrival. Service was efficient without being smothering by our two pleasant waitresses. The real star here is the food. Excellent Greek cuisine. Our group had the saganaki and octopus appetizers, both were excellent. Most of the group had gyros and they came to the table with fresh lettuce and tomato and a generous amount of succulent meat. This is not your average gyro! Salmon and a Greek salad rounded out the rest of the entrees and they looked delicious. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Greek food in the city!AJGOPVIPDined on 7/8/2014Really great Greek food, most Greek places only serve fish but the Greek Kitchen has real Greek cooking, I come here for all my Greek favorites. The Moussaka is to die for, and the Saganaki is another must!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!MrTre1199VIPDined on 6/20/2014Great food and service with good sized portions. Lamb shank was tender, and salads were awesome. Cocktails were mixed well and the bartender wasn't shy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the The Greek Kitchen reviews archive.
- great mealdininggoddess1Dined on 5/16/2014This was a repeat visit for me. I met a friend there this time before a lecture at John Jay. The food was great, service was attentive without being intrusive. My lamb was cooked perfectly, as was my friend's lamb shank. I have never had a bad meal there and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT GREEK FOOD IN NYCmdmd409VIPDined on 5/13/2014While the location is not great the food makes the trip worthwhile. The whole fish entrée is just great as are the appetizers. The staff is very pleasant. Everything we have tried on the menu has been done in a wonderful Greek tradition. We find the food very reasonably priced. It is well worth the walk over to 10th Ave. We just find ourselves going back every time we are in midtown NYC.Special Features:
- better than Greece!sammicatVIPDined on 4/29/2014delicious food, excellent service, reasonable prices. My mouth is watering just thinking about the avgolemono soup & the chicken souvlaki... everything on the menu is yummy! - even the pita bread, which they bring to the table warm. I was in Greece on vacation last year and really do like the food here better. My out-of-town guests always love it, too. It's my go-to place for Greek food in NYC.Special Features:
- Excellent foodGina397VIPDined on 4/21/2014I work a block away from this place and am so happy I do. They have the Best Chicken Souvlaki Platter! Their Greek Fries are to die for and the tzatziki is amazing! I never go wrong when I go to or order from this place. I tend to make large orders for our team lunches and they are super accommodating over the phone as well as when you dine there. The prices are also great Really love this place.Special Features:
- Greek EasterDlmbostonDined on 4/20/2014The food on Easter was great, but service was inconsistent. Did the Easter menu and the waiter brought the 2nd & 3rd course together. I also don't understand why any restaurant wants you to reuse flatware from one course to the other and takes it off you dirty plate and places it on the table. Sorry, it's gross. I worked in hospitality for 40years and nowhere did I ever allow that to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014We had a reservation for 9:15 pm, Saturday, 4/19. As soon as we sat down, we were told the kitchen was closing. You should notify the customer at the time of the reservation that the kitchen would be closing shortly thereafter and dinner will be rushed. We would have made an earlier reservation.
- Love this Place!ModimomDined on 4/18/2014Food is always great, service wonderful. Authentic Greek food, very fresh fish, and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Consitently CommendableQuadMCVIPDined on 3/28/2014The Greek Kitchen and it's friendly staff never miss. It is always a pleasure to drop in here for a full dinner of a light meal pre or post theatre. Tasty fresh ingredients, prepared with that deft light touch, Greek style. Delicious. And the check is never a shocker, so you go home happy, and normally with leftovers for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itFoodieDined on 3/23/2014Good food. Ample portions. Reasonable prices.Great dining experience.Plan to go back really soon.We really enjoyed our dinner at Greek KitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood treasureLor3181VIPDined on 3/22/2014The greek kitchen has it all. We feel so fortunate to have it on the wet side. It is consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- yummy GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014Great food and wine! I had the salmon and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food in upper west sideHavanaDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Tried a new app that had sesame crusted feta cheese is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Service was great!EmmejotaDined on 2/10/2014I had noted that we would have a child with us and the staff was very attentive to that.....side table, covered cup with straw, small plates etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Outstanding ServiceJulesjagDined on 2/9/2014We had come into the city for an event and choose the Greek Kitchen because of it's location this past Sunday (Feb 9, 2014). We were a party of 7. The service was outstanding! The food was delicious! I had the Middle Eastern salad and everything was so fresh. Other members of our party had Greek Salad, chicken and lamb dishes and all agreed it was the best Greek food we've ever had. The service was also outstanding! One of our friends was celebrating a birthday and she really went out of her way to make it extra special. We hope to return to this excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite hangoutLor3181VIPDined on 2/8/2014The most consistently delicious restaurant Always our restaurant of choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findLowSaltReqdDined on 2/8/2014We were looking for a place to eat with visitors staying on the west side by 58st. We found this restaurant within a block and gave it a try. Boy what a find. Excellent food with strong choices for healthy eaters, fish was excellent and service was very attentive. Place got busy by 6:30pm so obviously locals are in the know. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Kitchen always has anboobVIPDined on 1/25/2014Greek Kitchen always has an amazing number of fresh fish on the menu.We have been eating at the Greek Kitchen for 13 years and take out of town guests to it on many occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch before BethennymderenzisDined on 1/24/2014We needed a place for a quick lunch before attending the taping of a show at the CBS studios. My friend has gluten free dietary requirements and The Greek Kitchen fit the bill. We had Greek salads with grilled shrimp, which were delicious and we were in and out in no time!Special Features:
- Excellent foodStefygoncDined on 1/16/2014Really good food and good price. One dish more than enough for two or more people.Special Features:
- No pizazz, just good foodveffVIPDined on 1/13/2014Looks like a diner with blue and white check table cloths, covered by paper. Dishes are the style of Milos (a very expensive "happening" Greek restaurant), but much less expensive. We ate on the "porch". Tables were close together, so we got the whole conversation of the people at the next table, even though the restaurant was not at all crowded. Whole fish was fresh and grilled perfectly. Ordered the grilled seafood appetizer for two. Luckily we had it as a main dish. Plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The locals better watch out!RolFromOzDined on 12/31/2013On 10th Ave, this is an easy walk from the mid-town hotels, offering great food with the usual massive US plate sizes, that should attract lots of out of Towners like us. Good service and a family run feel to it. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Greek fooddtillyerDined on 12/31/2013Greek Kitchen has been a neighborhood staple for about 10 (?) years. The food has always been very good. It is standard Greek fare served by a small wait staff. Things changed a little a few years ago when they increased the floor space by developing a wraparound second tier. It's colder in the winter and stretches the staff a little. Book inside if that's an option. I really like the Greek Kitchen, especially later in the evening after the dinner rush…not too late, because they put the chairs on the table around 10:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing greek before GreasemamaluDined on 12/7/2013We chose this restaurant because of proximity to LaGuardia High School, as our party was attending the annual musical there. The hostess was pleasant in seating us. First set-back was with waiter who took our drink order. He had no knowledge of wine list and was unable to make recommendations based on our questions. The wine was good btw. We enjoyed the appetizers and salad. Every one of our entrees was overcooked to tastelessness. We all had meat or fish/shrimp dishes. They were all cooked to death, no flavor and tough to chew including the shrimp, beef, and pork. The waiter disappeared after serving entrees and never returned.
- Greece comes to 58th & 10thmothyDined on 12/4/2013Lively experience. Great food people & fun. Wonderful staff And modest prices. All food prepared fresh hot @ tasty. No reheated microwave while foods take-out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid pre-concert choiceRichDined on 11/30/2013An easy 5-minute walk from Lincoln Center, this comfortable spot offers solid renditions of traditional Greek fare -- nothing fancy, but certainly satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Well priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2013Love this place and just recently discovered it. Have become a regular ..Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gemLor3181VIPDined on 11/23/2013The greek kitchen is our favorite restaurant. All our friends enjoy it as well. It has it all, a warm atmosphere. great food and reasonable prices. It is consistently greatSpecial Features:
- greek foodfoodieDined on 11/21/2013excellent authentic greek food with no frills. Great place to eat for a casual eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy vegetable sandwichtmleeDined on 11/21/2013The grilled vegetable sandwich was a too greasy. The sandwich had way too many peppers, no mushrooms, no zucchini and just a bit of eggplant. However the spanakopita was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.