11055 Three Chopt Rd
Henrico, VA 23233Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.richmondgrapevine.com/
- Phone: 8044409100x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri 11:30 - 10:00
Sat 4:pm - 11:00
Seasonal Sunday hours 12:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Greek
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Trak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grapevines's catering service offers your favorite Greek and Italian dishes, delivered to your home, business or prepared on site.
No event is too large or too small!!
(Delivery fee and order minimum may apply)
24 hour notice needed for certain orders.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private banquet faciliy that can be booked for business meetings, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, baby showers, christenings, or any special occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Rita Trak 8045169322x
- Special Events: Grapevine has become a favorite food vendor at special events and festivals throughout the East Coast.
While the focus always is on classic Greek and Italian cuisine, Chef Mike and his son Mitchell have expanded Grapevine's outdoor menus to include American, novelty and healthier selections.
You can't miss Grapevine's beautifully decorated booth or food trailer.
A word from The Grapevine
Just six months after The Grapevine opened in 1993, it was voted the #1 family owned and operated restaurant in Richmond, by the Richmond Times Dispatch! Since then, Chef Mike, Mother Mary, Mitchell, and Marianne have expanded the family to include Rita and Gabor. Together they make great efforts to ensure that heir guest feel like a part of the family! They strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere, and personal service to standards unlike any other! The Trak family welcomes you and hopes you will enjoy the tradition that their family has carried on for many years!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grapevine reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (4)Show More
- A pleasant eveningFlldinersVIPDined on 8/27/2014My first time at this restaurant. The atmosphere was nice, the service was very good, the food was delicious and the cocktails were excellent. All in all, I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidADined on 8/9/2014The Grape Vine is always a great spot to meet friends or to just have a nice dinner for two. The service is always excellent and you can tell that they really appreciate your coming in to dine there.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceyankees2Dined on 7/26/2014The dolmades and baklava were outstanding as well as the main course of veal. Had a cocktail at the bar prior to dinner and service was outstanding. Service was great and the noise level was non existent even for a full house. The entire evening could not have been any better. Top restaurant in Richmond, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our first time and we'll go back. Good food, fair price and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dining Experiencervm3VIPDined on 7/6/2014Food and service were very good. Pleasing atmosphere. Enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Thomas Siskmirage04Dined on 7/5/2014you can ALWAYS depend on The Grapevine for a wonderful meal and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Large Grouperiggan08Dined on 6/27/2014The Grapevine accommodated my large group of 15 for a birthday dinner. We had no issues with service and we're taken care of from the moment we got there. We did not all arrive at once, and they had no issues with our slower arrivals. We were likely the folks there that made the noise level go up to Moderate as we were having such a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. And as always, good food, good service and smiles from everyone. If you don't see your favorite on the menu, just ask.Special Features:
- Greek DelightamwobxDined on 6/6/2014Love, love the Grapevine. Very attentive wait staff and management! You can get your Greek fix year-round at this excellent Greek restaurant. The food is perfectly prepared and generous portions. The entire staff makes you feel welcome and is attentive to your dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014My friends and I showed up in what we considered to be "under-dressed" clothes, as we did not realize how nice of a place it was! But after we were reassured that it was alright, we ended up having an awesome experience and really loved the food! I will definitely be coming back, next time dressed a little nicer... :) A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the The Grapevine reviews archive.
- You have to try it!DavidADined on 5/11/2014We always enjoy dining at the Grapevine. It is great for a business lunch, dining as a couple or a family gathering. A great local alternative the the big chain restaurants. The service is awesome and you can tell they really appreciate your business. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurant !BillDined on 5/11/2014Loved the decor and friendly atmosphere. Food was wonderful and varied in items. Our party of 8 ordered all different items and all raved about the taste and quality. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Go To" Place2TasteBudsDined on 4/25/2014This is our "go to", "feel good" choice of restaurants when we want to enjoy a great, low-key meal. The atmosphere is not chic or trendy, but warm and friendly. The food is delicious and the servers are always attentive. Get the sampler platter (appetizer) to enjoy a little taste of several Greek dishes. We highly recommend The Grapvine to anyone looking for good place to go to feel welcome and enjoy a tasty meal. It's always nice to support local, family-run businesses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant DinnerPhilDined on 4/25/2014While little about the Grapevine is original, or even unusual, we had a pleasant dinner. The service was friendly and efficient.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantMariehenDined on 4/25/2014We had a great dining experience last Friday night! Our waiter Ben was fantastic! He was there whenever we needed him and gave us plenty of time to order since we were enjoying a reunion with our cousin who we hadn't seen in more than 30 years. The Manager was also very nice and checked on us several times. Our italian and greek dishes were very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Nice Greek & Italian faresunsetdonVIPDined on 4/15/2014We had a business dinner here and enjoyed a very pleasant evening. The service was attentive but a little slow. The food was very good and at a very reasonable price. he portions are large and 3 of us took portions home. If you're a couple looking to save money, you could easily split a meal and be satisfied. They have a good if not extensive wine selection.Special Features:
- Grapevine never disappointsPCnVADined on 4/13/2014I love going to Grapevine and frequently take friends and family who have never been. They're always impressed with the delicious food, the large portions, and the friendly and helpful wait staff.Special Features:
- wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014wonderful food and service - as always. on-line reservation was very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed Grapevinehav2eatDined on 3/29/2014The staff is most accommodating and efficient. We were a crowd of 10 and they could not have been more helpful!Special Features:
- VERY FRIENDLY RESTAURANTMISTYDined on 3/20/2014STAFF WAS EXCELLENT, FOOD WAS JUST OKAY. MY ENTREE WAS VERY DRY. I PROBABLY WILL NOT GO BACK...
- I was disappointed that theirOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I was disappointed that their meeting room was booked and we were seated in the restruant area. Had I been told in advance I would have accepted to seating but was surprised when we arrived. The group enjoyed the dinner. Jim BensonSpecial Features:
- Valentine Special EventDaveDined on 2/14/2014The service and attention to detail was great. the meal was The special for the evening was just want we wanted .The noise level was low and made the evening very special. We will be back to enjoy another meal and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningcaroldvaDined on 1/26/2014Great for Sunday brunch. Service is on point and wait staff is very attentive. Stuffed shells really flavorful and the eggplant parmesan was delightfully robust. can't wait to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grapevine is bella!JeanDined on 12/23/2013The Grapevine is quiet, yet great for groups. It's a romantic place for an anniversary dinner, and yet friendly enough for an afternoon with BFFs. Which is better: The food or the service? Both are exceptional. And whether it's Italian or Greek food you want, you'll get the best at the Grapevine, my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant did not haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013The restaurant did not have my Open Table reservation on file. They said they had not received it from Open Table. They said it was the 2nd one that night with the same issue. They kindly got a table set up for us (9) quickly and we were seated almost immediately. I recommend calling to confirm the reservation if made online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a non-Greek fan this isDCTransplantVIPDined on 7/27/2013As a non-Greek fan this is the perfect place for me because my husband can indulge his Greek craving while I get to enjoy a plate of pasta. They also have one of the best dipping sauces for their bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialjhwtpaVIPDined on 7/23/2013Very pedestrian Italian/Greek food. Not sure what the other reviewers ate, but mine was fair at best. The chicken parmigiana was like a frozen chicken breast warmed, smothered with a bottle of Ragu and covered with cheese and placed in a warming oven. The saganaki had chunks of cheese in it. Not good.
- Gem.FrankVIPDined on 6/16/2013This is an excellent restaurant. My family and friends enjoy the food, service.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Great PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013My husband and I wanted a quiet place for a good Italian dinner... I can't recall ever going to the Grapevine before... we did enjoy it very much, the food was great including some nice desserts... we will go again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My version of CheersvawolverineDined on 5/15/2013The Grapevine is a wonderful family owned restaurant. I have been going there for over ten years, and I always take out of town guests there. The food is great, but the staff and owners go out of their way to ensure you have a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO BAD...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013WE WERE DISSAPOINTED HERE. NOT SO GREAT FOODAT HIGH PRICES. OUW WAITRESS COULD HARDLY UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. WION'T BE GOING BACK.
- awesome first timeLilCountryMamaDined on 5/3/2013Grapevine is an outstanding restaurant. Food was great, desert was delicious, staff and food were out in a timely manner. Management was awesome. Made u feel like a million bucks. Definitely will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I enjoyedFrankVIPDined on 4/28/2013My girlfriend and I enjoyed a nice lunch at The Grapevine and an excellent attention of Morgan our waitre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteAllieVIPDined on 3/22/2013Grapevine has been a family favorite for 10+ years. The food is delicious and the service is warm and personable! The restaurant will always do its best to squeeze you in, no matter the time, and once you're a regular you're treated like royalty! This has been a favorite spot for dinner and for special events (they have a huge room for private events and will tailor a menu specific to your needs)!Special Features:
- Nice first visitrpliiDined on 1/18/2013The serbice was very good. My partner has the egg plant parm and said it was very good. I had a greek sampler and found it good, but not great. It was quiet, not super busy, clean and nicely decorated. I definitely will give them another visit.Special Features:
- We have dined at GrapevineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We have dined at Grapevine many times, and the food and service has always been delicious. Very friendly staff, resulting in the best of service!Special Features:
- Went there for dinner NewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Went there for dinner New Years eve. Dinner was average, none of the 4 dinners were amazing. Apps were excellent! Waitress did her best but had to many tables to keep up. Nice Little place but expected more flavor and better service. Hostess was very attentive when we arrived though.
- Very poor upkeep. Not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2012Very poor upkeep. Not what I would expect of a restaurant on Open Table. I was embarassed to have held a business meeting here. I will not return.
- Great service!OnvacationVIPDined on 9/2/2012Great service! Authentic Italian food in a cozy setting.Special Features:
- Pleasant yet...RVAWmVIPDined on 7/8/2012Average fare, nothing outstanding. Pleasant room, seating, service. Food and menu un-notable.Special Features: