2808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2148281981
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour M-F 4:30-7pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Grape offers a variety of catering options for your home or office event. Whether a small, intimate dinner at your home prepared by Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher, a hors d'oeuvre & wine party at the office, or a 100+ person dinner buffet event, The Grape can accommodate your needs. Contact Courtney Luscher, GM, for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate, private wine room can accommodate up to 28 people for your special event. Please contact us to discuss how we can make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Luscher 2148281981
- Special Events: The Grape caters! Call us for details.
A word from The Grape
Recognized as one of the most celebrated neighborhood eateries in Dallas for over 35 years, dining at The Grape is like stepping into a small European village. The monthly changing blackboard menu offerings, which have proven to be one of the elements of success, feature signature bistro fare as well as eclectic and contemporary creations. VOTED "BEST BURGER IN TEXAS" BY TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE. Recently named "Best Brunch, Best Fries and Best Calamari" by Dallas Observer as well as "Best Neighborhood Bistro" by Modern Luxury Magazine and one of the "Top 8 Best Brunches in Dallas" by Dallas Morning News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Grape - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
The Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (183)fit for foodies (158)romantic (156)special occasion (151)notable wine list (101)great for brunch (85)great for outdoor dining (74)hot spot (27)good for groups (24)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- A Dallas gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014We've been going to the Grape for years and love it! The food is consistently excellent, creative yet accessible. The staff is friendly and professional. The ambiance is comfortable and inviting, yet energetic and fun. And on Sunday and Monday they add the BEST burger in town to an already impressive menu.Special Features:
- The best!melplouvDined on 10/18/2014My hubby and I LOVE trying new restaurants and have spent the past 2 years trying as many of the D-Mag top 50 restaurants as possible. We would 100% move The Grape up a few spots on the list. We loved our dining experience. We would highly recommend starting with the Moules Frittes - absolutely phenomenal! It's not too often we go back to restaurants before trying new ones, but we are already planning to return here!Special Features:
- DisappointingGourmetJunkieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have dined at The Grape many times over the past few years. In fact a few months ago it was one if our top 3 restaurants. However the last few times we've dined here it has really gone down hill. The food is nowhere as good as it used to be. I had scallops with porcini risotto. It was pretty tasteless. My husband had basmati crusted trout and he said it was the worst fish he had ever eaten. We are taking The Grape off of our list of great places to fine in Dallas. There are way too many other outstanding restaurants that are consistently fantastic so we will be frequenting those. A shame because as I said The Grape used to be fantastic as well.
- Great Date/Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was outstanding, service great! Braised lamb tortines were awesome. Scallops were great! Will definitely be taking the wifey there again.Special Features:
- Lower Greenville Gem!Jimbo50Dined on 10/18/2014In spite of what surely was the intentional demonstration of spectacularly loud, modified mufflers and rap music booming from speaker-equipped bikers as they slowly paraded to and fro along Greenville Avenue, we had a wonderful time dining outdoors. The service was good and the waiter was happy to make some great recommendations. We sampled a number of meats and cheeses, the famous fries, and all were delicious. It was a bit busy on Friday night, and at the two-hour mark, we got the distinct sense that our time there had been unofficially declared over. We took the hint. Valet service is complimentary and efficient. I'd happily go again but probably earlier in the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCarolDined on 10/17/2014Wanted a great restaurant with a noise level where we could converse. Our server was so knowledgeable about the reserve wine list and the menu. The scallops were perfectly done and so was my friends steak. We probably were there two hours and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumDined on 10/13/2014We went specifically for the Cheeseburger. It was outstanding. Cooked perfectly (medium rare).The mushroom soup was also delicious.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sunday brunchIdabelVIPDined on 10/12/2014Mushroom soup was creamy delicious. The cheeseburger lived up to its billing as the best in Dallas. The steak and eggs were perfect; the demi glace paired nicely with the fried eggs and hash. A wonderful meal. My only quibble is that the table are so close together in a very small space.Special Features:
- Always great!DHeathDined on 10/11/2014The Grape is on the other side of town for me so I tend to forget about it. When I remember I come back and it is always great. The food is great and the atmosphere is cozySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitSpikedogDined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed the meal. The food is wonderful. We have eaten here twice before attending the theater. It is very convenient to get to the Arts District. Only issues are that seating is in very close quarters and conversations from other diners are easily heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly A Quality RestaurantBillDined on 10/9/2014It's always great to return to a restaurant that you can depend on for excellent food and service. A true Dallas gem!Special Features:
- The Grape never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We have been dining at The Grape for the past 15 years. It never disappoints. The atmosphere, the wine list, the menu, the service: The Grape is our favorite neighborhood dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique placeGritsgirl29Dined on 10/5/2014Great food fun atmosphere friendly service. Tasty drinks comp valet was super convenient. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my most favorite places!!!AllielovesthegrapeDined on 10/4/2014The food is amazing! The staff is even more amazing!!! This is one of me and my husbands favorite places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I have been going there for over 30 years, through 3 wives. The food and service was excellent every time. The mushroom soup and creme brulee are their signature items.Special Features:
- poor customer service!diopventuresDined on 10/2/2014I had made a reservation on line for my husband celebrating our first wedding anniversary. We arrived to see that the place was closed due to weather, which we understand is not controllable. The least the restaurant could have done is called us after to apologize for any inconvenience and ask us to come back. I guess I am asking too much for any kind of follow up or decent customer service. It would had been nice! Now I have no desire to ever go.
- ConnieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed another great evening at the Grape by celebrating our 28th anniversary. Their famous mushroom soup is the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agree with Best Burger AwardLynnLovesToEatDined on 9/28/2014This is the second time that I have been to The Grape in the last month. Both times for the burger, which is only served on Sunday and Monday. The first time we went in the early evening and were served delicious homemade bread and butter, Yum! This time we went for brunch. I was disappointed we were served muffins instead of the hot bread and sweet butter w/ a touch of salt, the muffins were good but I had talk so much about the bread my friends were counting on trying this. As before the burger was cooked to perfection. A juicy, juicy burger with a nice pink center (which is the way I love my burger), homemade pickles, white cheddar and it is topped with a toasted au lait bun... mouth watering and delicious. A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good just not as it once was.DallasJohnDined on 9/28/2014I haven't been to the Grape for a couple of years. With that being said, the food quality seemed to of dropped. I must say it could just be my expectations have risen. 1-10 rating. Coffee a strong 7 mushroom soup 8 fries 2 (they were double fried) burger 6. The the veggies on the burger were great but the meat and bread seemed to of loss its magic.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableChuckcDined on 9/27/2014Ecellent Food and great service. Hadn't been there in along time... but will definetly go back sooner. Best Halibut I ever had ... and all my party loved their dishes.Special Features:
- Very romanticRomanticDined on 9/25/2014I have been to The Grape a few times since moving to Dallas and it has always been a pleasurable experience. I usually bring guests from out of town here to dine because it is such an intimate and enjoyable experience. Perfect for a date night. A little more on the pricey side, but completely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Grape of the pastJLSJLSDined on 9/24/2014The service was still very good, though not the superlative experience I had come to expect after 25 years. I had not been back to the Grape for a number of years and was terribly disappointed. The incomparable mushroom soup is not even a ghost of what it was. The entrees were sauced in a way that did not complement either entree. I know that everything changes but I have always previously been rewarded by how well the standards had been maintained here. No more.
- Very special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Other than what I perceived as slow service (dinner shouldn't have taken 2 hours; two much time between courses) - everything else was superb. I'm looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must gobobbygDined on 9/22/2014Been going here for the last 3 yrs. Can't fail with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch at the GrapeAaacesfullDined on 9/21/2014Mushroom is awesome. One of the best cheeseburgers in Big DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long time friendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We visited the Grape 14 years ago. It's still a great place for foodies. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningEliseImaFoodieInTrainingDined on 9/19/2014Our group started out at six and, an hour before the reservations, grew to 10. The Grape very kindly accommodated us, although I know it can't have been easy. The event was my dad's 86th birthday and The Grape made it a wonderful experience. Fantastic food, outstanding service, and a lovely, cozy setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday after churchhotelyDined on 9/14/2014great place to go to on a sunday brunch. fun lively atmosphere - had the frittatta - very good.Special Features:
- Repeat Customer for a ReasonRegrettingMyReturnDined on 9/14/2014LOVE this place! Love the service and the setting, the food and the fact that they accept reservations for brunch on Sundays! Consistently delicious and always treated well.. Absolutely one of my faves!Special Features:
- always goodsmith21VIPDined on 9/14/2014food is consistently good here. It is one of my favorite spots in dallas! love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The Grape is one of our favorite restaurants in Dallas. The menu, always appealing, is imaginative throughout the year. Our waiter, however, was a bit haughty on our last visit. He also did not offer dessert. Hope that improves. Cocktails were excellent. A fun place!Special Features:
- goldengirlDined on 9/12/2014Service was great but a little slow. We asked for some time to look at the menu after ordering the appetizers and got 45-50 minutes extra time without having even received the appetizer. Once the appetizers arrived they were delivered simultaneously with the soups and salads that were ordered. We were somewhat disappointed. Overall it was good but wil stick to a restaurant from our favorites list next time.Special Features:
- t and cOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014we were very pleased by our experience. The food was delicious as always, and we were treated to dessert since it was an anniversary dinner. great start to finishSpecial Features:
- Husband's FavoriteSMULawyerDined on 9/11/2014The Grape is an excellent Dallas gem. My only wish: Bring back the lamb chops!Special Features:
- Yet another great evening.....GandDDined on 9/9/2014We early celebrated our 45th anniversary and, while not the 1st celebration at the Grape, thoroughly enjoyed our wine selections, our delicious dinner and courteous/ friendly service - all trademarks of this fine establishment. They continue to set the standards.Special Features:
- MediocreLiferulesDined on 9/9/2014Hadn't been to The Grape in many years. Was disappointed with the ambiance--still a cramped room with cheap quality tables. Feels crowded even if not that many people in the room. The waiter ignored us for over 10 minutes before bringing the wine, then forgot about us another 10-15 minutes before taking the orders--we had to ask about specials (which there were). He never came back to check on how our food was. Had to grab him to get the check after another hour. The salad was excellent. The main entree, just OK. Had dessert creme brulee which was good. Overall just OK and not good enough service or atmosphere to make it worth the price. There are way too many better restaurants in Dallas for the same price.Special Features:
- always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014went on Sunday night for a cheeseburger, and it was wonderful! One of the best ever! We took friends who had never had one there and they loved theirs and the fries too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backLuvingLifeDined on 9/7/2014My friends and I loved everything. Two of us had the shrimp and grits and it was perfect! I especially like the complimentary valet.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible service.EB10Dined on 9/7/2014Pros: Haven't had a dish that I didn't like. Cons: Terrible service with slow inattentive staff. Server suggested condiments that ended up being additional cost. Food took an extraordinary amount of time to come out even though later arriving patrons with far more complicated orders were eating. Parking is complimentary valet but a con because the poorly planned setup causes traffic jams on Greenville and an even longer wait for your car. Overall, I wouldn't recommend do to bad service. With good service, I can overlook the parking hassle, but with terrible service it makes it a huge inconvenience and only prolongs a terrible dining experience.
- Fab!Jab927Dined on 9/7/2014The staff did a fabulous job recognizing my Father's birthday. The ambience was outstanding, and the menu was excellent. This was my first time here, and I would DEFINITELY come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.