2808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2148281981
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour M-F 4:30-7pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Grape offers a variety of catering options for your home or office event. Whether a small, intimate dinner at your home prepared by Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher, a hors d'oeuvre & wine party at the office, or a 100+ person dinner buffet event, The Grape can accommodate your needs. Contact Courtney Luscher, GM, for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate, private wine room can accommodate up to 28 people for your special event. Please contact us to discuss how we can make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Luscher 2148281981
- Special Events: The Grape caters! Call us for details.
A word from The Grape
Recognized as one of the most celebrated neighborhood eateries in Dallas for over 35 years, dining at The Grape is like stepping into a small European village. The monthly changing blackboard menu offerings, which have proven to be one of the elements of success, feature signature bistro fare as well as eclectic and contemporary creations. VOTED "BEST BURGER IN TEXAS" BY TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE. Recently named "Best Brunch, Best Fries and Best Calamari" by Dallas Observer as well as "Best Neighborhood Bistro" by Modern Luxury Magazine and one of the "Top 8 Best Brunches in Dallas" by Dallas Morning News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Grape - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
The Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (180)fit for foodies (154)romantic (150)special occasion (143)notable wine list (100)great for brunch (87)great for outdoor dining (65)hot spot (22)good for groups (21)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very EnjoyableChuckcDined on 9/27/2014Ecellent Food and great service. Hadn't been there in along time... but will definetly go back sooner. Best Halibut I ever had ... and all my party loved their dishes.Special Features:
- Very special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Other than what I perceived as slow service (dinner shouldn't have taken 2 hours; two much time between courses) - everything else was superb. I'm looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must gobobbygDined on 9/22/2014Been going here for the last 3 yrs. Can't fail with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch at the GrapeAaacesfullDined on 9/21/2014Mushroom is awesome. One of the best cheeseburgers in Big DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long time friendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We visited the Grape 14 years ago. It's still a great place for foodies. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningEliseImaFoodieInTrainingDined on 9/19/2014Our group started out at six and, an hour before the reservations, grew to 10. The Grape very kindly accommodated us, although I know it can't have been easy. The event was my dad's 86th birthday and The Grape made it a wonderful experience. Fantastic food, outstanding service, and a lovely, cozy setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday after churchhotelyDined on 9/14/2014great place to go to on a sunday brunch. fun lively atmosphere - had the frittatta - very good.Special Features:
- Repeat Customer for a ReasonRegrettingMyReturnDined on 9/14/2014LOVE this place! Love the service and the setting, the food and the fact that they accept reservations for brunch on Sundays! Consistently delicious and always treated well.. Absolutely one of my faves!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The Grape is one of our favorite restaurants in Dallas. The menu, always appealing, is imaginative throughout the year. Our waiter, however, was a bit haughty on our last visit. He also did not offer dessert. Hope that improves. Cocktails were excellent. A fun place!Special Features:
- goldengirlDined on 9/12/2014Service was great but a little slow. We asked for some time to look at the menu after ordering the appetizers and got 45-50 minutes extra time without having even received the appetizer. Once the appetizers arrived they were delivered simultaneously with the soups and salads that were ordered. We were somewhat disappointed. Overall it was good but wil stick to a restaurant from our favorites list next time.Special Features:
- t and cOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014we were very pleased by our experience. The food was delicious as always, and we were treated to dessert since it was an anniversary dinner. great start to finishSpecial Features:
- Husband's FavoriteSMULawyerDined on 9/11/2014The Grape is an excellent Dallas gem. My only wish: Bring back the lamb chops!Special Features:
- Yet another great evening.....GandDDined on 9/9/2014We early celebrated our 45th anniversary and, while not the 1st celebration at the Grape, thoroughly enjoyed our wine selections, our delicious dinner and courteous/ friendly service - all trademarks of this fine establishment. They continue to set the standards.Special Features:
- MediocreLiferulesDined on 9/9/2014Hadn't been to The Grape in many years. Was disappointed with the ambiance--still a cramped room with cheap quality tables. Feels crowded even if not that many people in the room. The waiter ignored us for over 10 minutes before bringing the wine, then forgot about us another 10-15 minutes before taking the orders--we had to ask about specials (which there were). He never came back to check on how our food was. Had to grab him to get the check after another hour. The salad was excellent. The main entree, just OK. Had dessert creme brulee which was good. Overall just OK and not good enough service or atmosphere to make it worth the price. There are way too many better restaurants in Dallas for the same price.Special Features:
- always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014went on Sunday night for a cheeseburger, and it was wonderful! One of the best ever! We took friends who had never had one there and they loved theirs and the fries too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backLuvingLifeDined on 9/7/2014My friends and I loved everything. Two of us had the shrimp and grits and it was perfect! I especially like the complimentary valet.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible service.EB10Dined on 9/7/2014Pros: Haven't had a dish that I didn't like. Cons: Terrible service with slow inattentive staff. Server suggested condiments that ended up being additional cost. Food took an extraordinary amount of time to come out even though later arriving patrons with far more complicated orders were eating. Parking is complimentary valet but a con because the poorly planned setup causes traffic jams on Greenville and an even longer wait for your car. Overall, I wouldn't recommend do to bad service. With good service, I can overlook the parking hassle, but with terrible service it makes it a huge inconvenience and only prolongs a terrible dining experience.
- Fab!Jab927Dined on 9/7/2014The staff did a fabulous job recognizing my Father's birthday. The ambience was outstanding, and the menu was excellent. This was my first time here, and I would DEFINITELY come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of us really enjoyed our dinnerAcskaterDined on 9/5/2014All four of us ordered different entrees and really enjoyed our dinner. I made a few changes to the way my entree was prepared and the waiter was very understanding and the entree was great. We all commented about how consistently great the food is at the Grape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placetxlucichDined on 9/2/2014Whenever we are in Dallas, we always go to The Grape. Menu is not extensive, but food is always superb. Restaurant is small, intimate and loud. We sat outside this time because it was cool enough. Traffic going by is loud, but really not intrusive. Melissa was our waitress and she did an outstanding job. Always very happy with our experience!Special Features:
- GrapeloveDined on 9/1/2014The Grape is consistently one of the finest restaurants on Dallas. Outstanding food quality, friendly, attentive service. A definite gem in the rough on the Dallas restaurant scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger ever!FrankDDined on 9/1/2014on Sunday and Monday the Grape serves their hamburger. It might just be the best burger I've ever had.Special Features:
- disappointingdocmyersDined on 8/31/2014cramped space/table. You might as well have been seated with others at their table. Waitress was nice, but being oriental, spoke so softly she could not be heard over the noise in the room. We ended up using hand gestures and pointing at the menu. Overall, quite unpleasant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014First time experience - went with friends. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerKC2014Dined on 8/31/2014The Grape has won numerous awards for its burger. Texas Monthly called it the "Best Burger in Texas." I went with a few friends this past weekend to try it (you can only order the burger on Sundays) and we were not disappointed. Very tender, juicy beef. Outstanding pickles, and very good bun to meat ratio. A little pricey for a burger, but still worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014Texas' best burger is an understatement. My wife had the belgian waffles, went during their Sunday brunch,and she absolutely loved them. We also order the fries fritter for the table and could not get enough of them!! Cannot wait to go back .Special Features:
- great burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014the food was excellent but the service was lacking at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Went here just before proposing to my now fiance. The staff was extremely helpful in planning and making our night special. Cannot say enough about The Grape staff. Not to mention the food was fantastic! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Quaint Decor, Heavenly food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014Took my wife here on a recent visit to Dallas. This is quite an interesting restaurant. Mushroom soup is excellent!red snapper was perfection! Scallops were perfect. Tomato salad was excellent. Wine list is a little uninspired and rather pricey. Don't know about taxes in Texas, but wines seemed much more expensive than on East coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grape continues to impressAnneDined on 8/24/2014This place is one in a million, the food and service is consistently very good. You can sit in the front part of the restaurant if you want more noise and action or you can sit in the wine room behind the bar where you can actually have a conversation - even if you are part of a larger party. The bar continues to be a wonderful place to meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Grape.BbmomVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food is always delish! The shrimp and grits was so good. My 5 year old loved the cinnamon rolls! Always a favorite of ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Hamburger18909453Dined on 8/24/2014I have been around and to say this is one of the best hamburgers I have had in Dallas. Way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to hypeAmyBodeDined on 8/24/2014The quaint and cozy (read cute but a little bit cramped) place lived up to expectations especially with the food. The mushroom soup and notorious burger were all they were promised to be...the best! We definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekropinillaDined on 8/22/2014I know that the experience during restaurant week is not the same as others. However, I felt that our server should have reviewed the menu highlights and did not. Also, when offering the wine pairing, possibly state what some of the wines would be as they were not printed. The food was delicious and great quality, but for the money spent ($150 with wine and tip, we did not do the pairing), I would have liked more service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - impeccableakamariabellaDined on 8/22/2014We love The Grape so much. The staff is always warm and helpful and the food is amazing. The wine list is also extensive and paired well with the food choices. And I love that they have kid menus for the parents who like to take their children with them when they dine out.Special Features:
- We've Loved the Grape for 40 yearsLoveit4FortyYrsDined on 8/22/2014We started coming to the Grape when we were in college and have made it at least a once a year stop ever since. It started with the limited cheese, pate and fruit plates and the still killer mushroom soup and has expanded to a wonderful spot that any foodie would enjoy with a great menu, service and excellent choices. We love it and always ask to sit in the quieter wine room. We love it and are so glad it is still a vibrant place on the restaurant scene in Dallas. MichaelSpecial Features:
- Very goodAthseyDined on 8/22/2014Went for 20th Anniv dinner. Flavors excellent, service great. Valet courteous. One of the better restaurants in Dallas. However don' t understand the euphoric reviews of others. Still, would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not during Restaurant WeekGoldenGirlDined on 8/20/2014The Grape has a very small seating area and if it had not been Restaurant Week, it probably would have been very nice. However my party was seated next to a boysterious group of 8 young ladies who were very loud and I could not converse with my friends for their shouts and laughter. Had the weather been cooler, we could have sat outside and probably been in a quieter atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I thought the restaurant week menu was a bit weak. The grape salad was quite delicious. However, the entree and dessert were a bit lacking. The fish was just ok, nothing spectacular. I tried one of the mussels on the shrimp plate and they were just not good. The roasted peaches were good but disappointed in the cornbread it was dry and flavorless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at The GrapePorkandBeansDined on 8/19/2014The food is sublime; the service is professional and attentive; the mood is inviting and the experience is romantic. What's not to like about The Grape?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.