2808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2148281981
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour M-F 4:30-7pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Grape offers a variety of catering options for your home or office event. Whether a small, intimate dinner at your home prepared by Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher, a hors d'oeuvre & wine party at the office, or a 100+ person dinner buffet event, The Grape can accommodate your needs. Contact Courtney Luscher, GM, for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate, private wine room can accommodate up to 28 people for your special event. Please contact us to discuss how we can make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Luscher 2148281981
- Special Events: The Grape caters! Call us for details.
A word from The Grape
Recognized as one of the most celebrated neighborhood eateries in Dallas for over 35 years, dining at The Grape is like stepping into a small European village. The monthly changing blackboard menu offerings, which have proven to be one of the elements of success, feature signature bistro fare as well as eclectic and contemporary creations. VOTED "BEST BURGER IN TEXAS" BY TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE. Recently named "Best Brunch, Best Fries and Best Calamari" by Dallas Observer as well as "Best Neighborhood Bistro" by Modern Luxury Magazine and one of the "Top 8 Best Brunches in Dallas" by Dallas Morning News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
The Grape - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
The Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (182)romantic (166)special occasion (150)fit for foodies (147)notable wine list (105)great for brunch (95)great for outdoor dining (73)good for groups (18)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- The Grape continues to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014This place is one in a million, the food and service is consistently very good. You can sit in the front part of the restaurant if you want more noise and action or you can sit in the wine room behind the bar where you can actually have a conversation - even if you are part of a larger party. The bar continues to be a wonderful place to meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Grape.BbmomVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food is always delish! The shrimp and grits was so good. My 5 year old loved the cinnamon rolls! Always a favorite of ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant HamburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014I have been around and to say this is one of the best hamburgers I have had in Dallas. Way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The quaint and cozy (read cute but a little bit cramped) place lived up to expectations especially with the food. The mushroom soup and notorious burger were all they were promised to be...the best! We definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I know that the experience during restaurant week is not the same as others. However, I felt that our server should have reviewed the menu highlights and did not. Also, when offering the wine pairing, possibly state what some of the wines would be as they were not printed. The food was delicious and great quality, but for the money spent ($150 with wine and tip, we did not do the pairing), I would have liked more service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - impeccableakamariabellaDined on 8/22/2014We love The Grape so much. The staff is always warm and helpful and the food is amazing. The wine list is also extensive and paired well with the food choices. And I love that they have kid menus for the parents who like to take their children with them when they dine out.Special Features:
- We've Loved the Grape for 40 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We started coming to the Grape when we were in college and have made it at least a once a year stop ever since. It started with the limited cheese, pate and fruit plates and the still killer mushroom soup and has expanded to a wonderful spot that any foodie would enjoy with a great menu, service and excellent choices. We love it and always ask to sit in the quieter wine room. We love it and are so glad it is still a vibrant place on the restaurant scene in Dallas. MichaelSpecial Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went for 20th Anniv dinner. Flavors excellent, service great. Valet courteous. One of the better restaurants in Dallas. However don' t understand the euphoric reviews of others. Still, would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not during Restaurant WeekGoldenGirlDined on 8/20/2014The Grape has a very small seating area and if it had not been Restaurant Week, it probably would have been very nice. However my party was seated next to a boysterious group of 8 young ladies who were very loud and I could not converse with my friends for their shouts and laughter. Had the weather been cooler, we could have sat outside and probably been in a quieter atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I thought the restaurant week menu was a bit weak. The grape salad was quite delicious. However, the entree and dessert were a bit lacking. The fish was just ok, nothing spectacular. I tried one of the mussels on the shrimp plate and they were just not good. The roasted peaches were good but disappointed in the cornbread it was dry and flavorless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at The GrapePorkandBeansDined on 8/19/2014The food is sublime; the service is professional and attentive; the mood is inviting and the experience is romantic. What's not to like about The Grape?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well crafted food, cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014My experience at the Grape was very positive. The food was very well done with my only criticism being that the Wagyu beef was merely "okay." The polenta and the sauces that went with it were underwhelming and the portion size did not make up for the dearth of wow in the dish. However, the wagyu pate was very good with the yolk making it like an extremely rare hamburger with an egg on top. This is not a criticism. The dessert really wow'd. My date had the creme brulee and I had the s'more. I don't normally say this but dessert was my favorite part of the meal. The wine pairings really made the dinner, with the brut rose really standing out for me. All in all, the meal was good, the atmosphere intimate albeit a bit loud. Will return.Special Features:
- Wonderfulfood4funDined on 8/18/2014Dinner at The Grape was a most enjoyable experience! The food and the service were both exceptional. We are already planning our return visit!Special Features:
- Huge disappointment!garyemDined on 8/18/2014We'd been looking forward to trying this restaurant, but were so disappointed that they served half portion sizes for Restaurant Week & mediocre wines in the wine pairing. The servings of wine were small as well. Our waiter had the temperament of an accountant. He tried to steer us away from features, suggested we try their cheeseburger?!?!? I ordered the Akaushi Bavette (beef) and it was served cold and rare; I was never offered a choice of how it might be cooked. The salad & creme brûlée were tasty but that did not override overall disappointment. Their fourth course was a joke - a snack plate of brie, almonds, raisins, and shortbread cookies. To me, this place has the appearance & atmosphere of a neighborhood pub. Won't be back.Special Features:
- It has been a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We had an outstanding evening at the Grape. The waiter was very attentive and the food was delicious. Portions were just right. We plan on visiting again soon.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!MarkAllenDined on 8/16/2014Once again, we had a great time at The Grape! We came for our one year anniversary before a show at the Winspear. We let our server know the timetable and she did a fabulous job of pacing the meal without us ever feeling rushed. By a happy coincidence we were here during restaurant week and decided to enjoy the wine pairings. Great decision! Each of the selections balanced well and made for a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. I began with the braised lamb, followed by the brevet, and finished with the pear shortcake.Special Features:
- DissappointedRestaurantWeekFanDined on 8/16/2014We took advantage of KERA's Restaurant Week (with kids in college R/W is a treat). This year we chose The Grape, not having been in quite a while. The service was borderline snooty (what a bore!). Their famous mushroom soup was ho-hum, we had the steak, pork loin and fish entrees, and except for the fish, the food was tasteless. The servings were small, even by european standards and the bread bowl was decidedly 'removed' after one refill. We are a small family so it's not like we came expecting a wheel-barrow full of food...I'm just sayin'. It's easy to get carried away with the 'glam' of haute cuisine & I think that's what happened. The dishes looked so good on paper but not so much on delivery and this year The Grape did not deliver.
- First visitTommyODined on 8/15/2014We visited The Grape for the first time during Restaurant Week. The food and service were both very good. We want to come back and see what else they have on the menu. Any critique we have is that the main dishes lacked a touch of flavor, not something you would expect during Restaurant Week. Perhaps mass producing a select group of dishes was the culprit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grape ExperienceMonalegalDined on 8/15/2014Dinner was excellent with one exception. The mushroom soup, a house specialty and favorite of mine, was tepid. That certainly resulted in less-than-stellar taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last of of the bestGypnickDined on 8/14/2014I have lived in the dfw area for eight years and am moving back home to Chicago. I have eaten there twice preiviously and could not leave without one last bite. I was lucky enough bring someone special there and she was in awe of the experience. Thank you so much. You are truly the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The service is well above average for Dallas. The food is extremely favorable and the menu is varied. The wine pairings are spot on. Brian and Courtney do an excellent job of managing a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekBear1144Dined on 8/13/2014the dinner was a hit with our group of 4. It has been a long time since I visited The Grape, but we will be back as we would like to try the brunchSpecial Features:
- Always wonderful!LarHDined on 8/13/2014I have never had anything but fabulous food and a great experience at The Grape and our most recent visit was no exception. I don't know how they do it...year in year out. Interesting food, reasonable portions, smooth knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- all goodLikesVeggiesDined on 8/13/2014Even during restaurant week The Grape excels. We were being taken out to dinner as an appreciation by our 90 year old friend who doesn't hear well. THANK YOU for seating us in the wine room and keeping folks away from our table as long as possible. We did well in conversation until the 4-top next to us arrived, filling the room and the music was turned up (drat that). THE FOOD was fabulous... even with the reduced menu we each found something new and fun to try and for each course. THANK YOU for making this dinner and experience excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekFoodLoverDined on 8/12/2014The Grape is a great restaurant, but the restaurant week 2014 menu was disappointing. The food tasted great, but the portions were incredibly small and not filling. I would recommend The Grape, just don't order off the restaurant week menu or you'll be going somewhere else after to get more food like I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiters Unfriendly, food overratedNoGrapesForMeDined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was slow and the overall service slow. Wine way too expensive. Food was okay but would never go back Waiters were not very friendly. Completely over rated. Wine list was good but the associated price was bloated beyond beliefSpecial Features:
- Will definitely be back!NJFoodieDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding - interesting menu and unique flavor combinations. Recommended wine pairings complimented the meal beautifully. Service was great - our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive (but not too attentive - knew when to approach the table and when to give us some space). Portion sizes were perfect in size - not too big, not too small. Dessert looked great, but could not eat it, was too full from the meal as I ate every last bite! The main restaurant was noisy and the tables very close, so we asked if we could move to a quieter table as we like a quieter dining experience (others may enjoy the New York style type of dining - lots of energy). The owner was very accommodating and moved us to a wonderful spot in the wine room.Special Features:
- Perfect mealRedMeatFanDined on 8/11/2014There is very little one could say even by way of suggestion to the Grape. The meal was simply perfect, and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local foodDallasDinerVIPDined on 8/11/2014We went for restaurant week and loved every course. We haven't been here in a while and we will definitely return soon. I had a beautiful heirloom tomato salad paired with a nice French white wine. My husband had the mushroom soup paired with a Pinot Noir. They both were fresh and flavorful. For the main course, my husband had the redfish and I had the bavette. The bavette was cooked beautifully and was very tender. I loved the polenta and the brussels sprouts petals were so tasty. My husband loved the redfish and he said it was cooked perfectly and the corn succotash was creamy and tasty. Again, the wine pairings were well done. We completed the dinner with beautiful desserts and yummy dessert wine. I'd love to go back soon!Special Features:
- Always a great meal!SusanB58Dined on 8/10/2014We have dined at The grape for years - through several chefs. Food is always top-notch. Service is usually very good. The changing menu, specialty cocktails, and fresh foods are what make us keep coming back. The mushroom soup, cheese tray, and mustard-crusted salmon dishes are our favorites. This place is hard to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningBirthdayniteDined on 8/9/2014I was taking my boyfriend out for dinner on his birthday so wanted it to be special. The Grape was recommended to me & I now know why. The evening was perfect. We decided to use our waiter John's recommendations for our meal & wine selection. His choices were spot on. The fôod was excellent, the wine exactly suited to our taste. I wish I could remember the name of but the desert but it was an incredible chocolate & cherry mousse. Best of all was the amazing service we received from John. He made the evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than expectedNandDfromFloMoDined on 8/9/2014We loved the intimate setting of the little table in the corner. The food was delicious, and the portions were appropriate for us to enjoy even more without stuffing ourselves. We had the mussels (amazing!), Courtney's salad (light & fresh), the salmon and beef. All delectable!! Excellent service as well. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found theBavette very toughSmoochesDined on 8/9/2014I knew neither Akaushi or Bavette. The waiter explained that akaushi was a breed of catttle combining Wagu and Angus. Although the meat had good flavor, I found myself cutting smaller and smaller pieces in order to chew it. I gave a piece to my wife for a second opinion and she was unable to chew hers either. Back home we researched Bavette and discovered that it is a French word for flank steak. I probbly wouldnt's have ordered it if I'd known. I claim ignorance on this one. If you go there stay away from the Bavette. Everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- The GRAPE is GREATclb22214Dined on 8/9/2014Classic Dallas eatery! The staff is smart and very attentive!
- Lovely nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014Love this wonderful neighborhood bistro. The food was terrific and the hosts and server were friendly and welcoming, and very attentive to our group's non-stop chatter, letting us enjoy the evening as if in our own kitchen and figuring out when and how to keep the meal going without unduly interrupting or rushing us.Special Features:
- Great foodAcskaterDined on 8/7/2014Great food using local, seasonal produce, fruit, cheeses, and fish. It was all very fresh and combination of ingredients were interesting and tasted great. Wine list is good and fabulous bread with the best butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The GrapeluvtoeatDined on 8/5/2014The Grape is a gem for the Dallas fine dining scene. The new monthly items on the menu are fresh and creative. And very tasty. Desserts are wonderful - they make all of their ice creams and sorbets. Did I mention the chocolate terrine? Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAlwayshungryDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent! Brian was exceptional about the wine and food and pairings! We sat outside as the weather was wonderful (unusual for Dallas in August!) and had a wonderful time! We have been going to the Grape for special occasions for many, many years and we are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Dallas staple!CeCeDined on 7/31/2014Great food and great service since the 1970's. Fun area of Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday PartyBdaygirlDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant is very cosy and lovely inside. Our waiter was very attentive and happy to accommodate the vegetarian in our party. My Rabbit was delicious. The one complaint was that the steak, which was a special, was a bit tough. We enjoyed our dinner and will be back.Special Features: