224 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegranderi.com/
- Phone: 4014327676
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, French
- Executive Chef: Antonio Franco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from The Grande
The GRANDE a Boutique Restaurant is pleased to offer a unique and extraordinary dining experience. Our philosophy is that in supporting local farmers and fisheries, we will provide excellent cuisine to our clientele and give back to our community. All of us at The Grande share a passion for the fine food and drink that we present to you in a lavish and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grande reviews from OpenTable diners
- Make no mistake, this is notConstanttravelerVIPDined on 12/28/2012Make no mistake, this is not a restaurant with a bar and music, it is a bar with music that also serves food. The picture is clear as soon as you enter that this is a place where singles come to pair up. The food is "OK". We had a pizza, baked brie, hamburger, and sole. All were fine, but they definitely lacked anything that would stimulate the taste buds. The service was fine, but here again hard to judge as we were there before the main action starts at about 10 PM and there were only one or two couple there at any one time. With a Living Social coupon it was OK. Otherwise I would move on to other places if you are there for the meal.
- No valet service. We had toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2012No valet service. We had to pour our own wine. Food was just ok . For a French restaurant I was expecting better.
- Loved the ambiance and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Loved the ambiance and atmosphere especially the decor Bar and bartender as well as the sangria champagne cocktail was superb Fantastic brie appetizer Chicken dish was outstanding as was the chocolate cakeSpecial Features:
- We had the chicken which wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012We had the chicken which was absolutely wonderful. The veggies done perfectly- not overcooked and the spices used- exquisite!Special Features:
- Really inventive drink andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2012Really inventive drink and food menu, great for anyone who likes great twists on classic food items, the duck confit is superb! The service is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- This place is a Bar NOT for dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2012Very limited menu and even with the limited menu they we already out of certain food items. Out of six items on dinner menu, how do you run out of ingredients to make 2 of the 6? It was early on the night... I imagine every patron was subjected to the same welcome as us... glad you're here but don't order this and that because we are out of it. I would define the place as a bar rather than a restaurant.
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012The dining experience was very nice. The food was excellent. The service was wonderful. Attentive but not overbareing. The decor was very nice, especially for a romantic dinner. Lovely place overall. I will definately recommend this restaurant to my friends..Special Features:
- This was my second but lastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2012This was my second but last time at The Grande. My first experience was an enjoyable one. From the moment we arrived until we left the staff was warm and appreciative and the food was great. Having had a good experience we took an out of town guest to the restaurant. Our second experience was disaster. The stylish host spent most of his time at the bar talking to one of two persons who appeared to have something to do with the restaurant. The other person was having dinner with his family. The service was poor – water glasses were never refilled, food was delivered to the table without replacing knives and forks that had been taken away earlier and tables remained unattended to after guest left. Not one person ever checked back to ask ho
- Food, decor, atmosphere, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/31/2012Food, decor, atmosphere, and service were all great.Special Features:
- The Grand is relatively newDavidVIPDined on 10/26/2012The Grand is relatively new to Providence and Federal Hill. It is nice to have another French restaurant nearby. Food presentation is creative and very good. Service was attentive and friendly. Will certainly go again.Special Features:
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2012Great food and service. We had the duck wings (very tasty) for an app and then the sole and the duck confit for entrees. We will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Got together with friendsDJ722Dined on 10/20/2012Got together with friends who we had not seen in a long time. We never felt rushed and were able to take our time catching up. Food was Excellent, however the menu is somewhat limited. No specials...just what was on the menu, however everything was prepared and presented beautifully. The restaurant is small and intimate; very quiet, which made it nice to talk. Definitely something different on Federal Hill. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Barely saw our server. SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Barely saw our server. Steak was cold with little flavor. Overall experience was definitely not worth the price.
- Meh, not all it's cracked up to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012The service was pretty atrocious. The waiters didn't seem to have any experience, maybe in a pizza joint, but certainly not in a (what we perceived as) a higher end restaurant. The food was good, but honestly, the menu descriptions seemed more appealing than what we got on our plates. The steak frites was good, but a bit out of the ordinary in a not very well executed way - not what I was expecting. Overall, the service truly disappointed. Pure lack of knowledge - didn't know anything about wine and didn't offer to get someone who knew the wine list. The bus boy argued with a family friend who was ordering another drink, and then took her next drink before she was even 1/2 way through with it. Just not professional and elementary.
- Back for the second time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Back for the second time and it did not disappoint! Bar menu this time and everything was great. Love the decor.
- The service was fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/27/2012The service was fantastic, the food very tasty and artfully presented. The ambience is a modern, late-night urban-chic appeal to old-world French elegance. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:
- Try this restaurant!rettsgramDined on 9/26/2012Brand new restaurant. Decor very French. We were almost the only customers. the guys had a grilled romaine salad that was heavenly, and their burgers were amazing ( Kobe beef). I had a steak frite with a twist, no fries, beautiful presentation and very good. Bread was terrific too.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to Federalmua50Dined on 9/21/2012A welcome addition to Federal Hill. The Grande is a must-visit.Special Features:
- Very trendy new resturant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012Very trendy new resturant. Decore is beautiful. Nice bar. When we arrived French doors were open to the street, giving it an outdoor feel. Very inviting. Lots of energy.Special Features:
- GRANDEBostonistaVIPDined on 9/2/2012When I walked in the Grande I immediately fell in love with it's decor. The chandeliers and the fireplace mantle create an elegant atmosphere that reminded me of the boutique restaurants I ate at in Paris. The steak frites were to DIE for. The bar scene seemed to be picking up as it got later. I will definitely recommend the Grande to all of my friends. Rhode Island needed a place like this.Special Features:
- Great addition to the "Hill"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Party of three, we sat at the bar food,service, excellent. Great martinis French flair , funky and chic. great addition to "the hill"' food fresh and served beautiful. Live in LA, but plan on Sundays "bubbles and brunch" on next trip back east.Special Features:
- Someone in our group orderedPatMVIPDined on 7/20/2012Someone in our group ordered a gin martini. It was a shot portion served in a martini glass. Everyone wrote about how great the croquettes were. The night we were there, they were out of them. Two in our group were thinking about the duck. They were out of it. We ordered a bottle of wine. They didn't have it. The music was nightclub dance music; not conducive to dining. Hmmm. The food we did have was good, but this is Federal Hill. There are too many places to dine. Probably won't go back.
- Food and service is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2012Food and service is excellent. Awesome cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Creative dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/30/2012Excellent food. Creative dishes. Service very attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for people watching.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Great place for people watching. I love the food, the goat cheese croquettes are to die for. Extensive champagne list. Great place for a romantic date.Special Features:
- The New Hotspot on the Hill!BostonistaVIPDined on 5/27/2012I went to The Grande with my family for my sister's graduation party, and we absolutely fell in love with this restaurant! The service is amazing and the staff is so friendly! The atmosphere is very elegant, and the French decor is gorgeous. Definitely the new hot spot on the Hill. Be sure to check out the steak frites - SO good! I can't wait to go on Sunday and try their brunch menu!Special Features:
- Providence's New Hot Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012The Grande offered a dining experience like NO other for a group of girlfriends and myself. The elegant decor takes your breath away instantly with the chandeliers! There's not enough I could say about the restaurant, especially the food. The menu is very well planned and perfectly fit for foodies willing to try something new. They offer classic French dishes with a modern twist, the combination of flavors takes you by surprise! Drink menu is original as well...prepared cocktails, wine, beer and champagne from all over the world (they are also a champagne lounge). You will not find another spot in Providence like The Grande - I highly recommend this spot for dinner and late night cocktails. Get in soon before the word really gets out!Special Features: