The Grand Marlin
400 Pensacola Beach Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32561Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grand Marlin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thegrandmarlin.com/
- Phone: 8506779153
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gregg McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Grand Marlin offers private dining for parties of 20 to 300. Our Grand Banquet Room seats 100 for completely private dining. For smaller parties our semi-private Santa Rosa Room seats 40 to 55 while our Club Room seats 20-35.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jacobi 8775542065
- Entertainment: The North Drop Bar features live music Thursday - Sunday and high-definition televisions for viewing favorite sports and events. It is the perfect venue for enjoying a full or more casual meal while enjoying some of the Gulf Coast"s best entertainment.
A word from The Grand Marlin
The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Grand Marlin - Best Restaurants in Pensacola ›
The Grand Marlin reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (190)special occasion (159)great for outdoor dining (139)fit for foodies (101)romantic (97)good for groups (79)hot spot (64)great for brunch (55)vibrant bar scene (54)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (43)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (18)Show More
- First TIme DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We were told that this was the ONLY place to eat on Pensacola Beach and we were not disappointed. I was treating my boyfriend for his Birthday and I wanted it to be special. We drove over from Tallahassee and I have to say, this was probably the best food we have had in many years. Thank you for making our evening wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss the Dining OpportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Last meal of our vacation and it was the very best. A true five star experience in every way but the food was the true highlight! From appetizer to dessert, everything was a taste delight! Will go down in our book as an all time favorite!Special Features:
- great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014It's out third time dining there and while the food is superb the service is not up to par, which is really disappointing for the restaurant this good. That is: every one of the times we came to the restaurant with reservations, each time we asked for a window table outside. Each time we were led to an indoor area and each time a hostess acted dismayed when we would ask for an outside table, even when there were several open tables available!... All waiters, on the other hand, were pretty cool and nice people who helped is soothe the rough reception.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentTunesDined on 10/24/2014We're locals and only go here off-season because it's a beach spot. They never disappoint. On this night, they allowed us to order off menu, creating our own surf and turf. Lots of flavors at this place. You can get almost anything you want. Wait staff is obviously prepped and knowledgable. Whatever you do, make a reservation. In the past, we've been told to wait 40 minutes and it went well over an hour. Might not be as big of a problem in the offseason, but why take the chance?Special Features:
- Nice choice at the beachJibbyDined on 10/23/2014This was my second time at TGM. The first time the food was great but service was slow and negligent. This time the service was much better and the food was good too. Glad we gave TGM a second chance. The view of the sunset is breathtaking from the main dining room. We celebrated our anniversary with TGM and our dessert was complimentary; that was nice and much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peteDined on 10/21/2014We have eaten at the Grand Marlin ever since it's opening. The food and service have always been above average. Never had a meal that was not exceptional.Special Features:
- LizzyVIPDined on 10/20/2014This place was great but after we got our food they turned a fan on directly on us... We sat outside because it was cold inside... After requesting to turn the fan off ... They said no... This made it very uncomfortable and we left without ordering after dinner drinks and desserts... Very disappointed. As this started out so good.. I told the hostess on our way out and she shrugged her shoulders... Other people around us were putting jackets and sweaters on!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on The Beach!DisappointingVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our favorite restaurant in all of Florida, Alabama and Mississippi! Great food, well-presented, knowledgeable and professional servers. The view cannot be beat! Outstanding at all levels.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The view was wonderful, weather perfect. The food was good, but it wasn't hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic location!BethVIPDined on 10/14/2014We come to the grand Marlon every gear while on vacation in the area. Their outdoor dining is wonderful, with an amazing view! Service is always good, and the menu always offer some really great choices of fresh seafood. We love this restaurant and will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!JMW2Dined on 10/13/2014Our party of four couldn't have had a better dining experience. The food was wonderful and the staff was friendly and efficient. We will definitely stop in the next time we visit Pensacola Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rservation 6:45. Seated after 7:30.beachlocalDined on 10/13/2014If you are going to participate in Open Table, honor the reservation. Waiting almost an hour is unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We absolutely loved everything!ElleDined on 10/12/2014First time in Pensacola & a friend recommended 'The Marlin to us! They have a wonderful menu & the service was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandmarlinmissyDined on 10/12/2014Great food & service. Scenery from our table was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MixKoolbreezeDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful view mixed with delicious food. A great way to enjoy Sunday brunch with a cool breeze and steel drum player giving you that feeling you are in Paradise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, service and flavorsRugbyshogunDined on 10/12/2014A great find highly rated on Yelp. Beautiful bay views, delicious food combinations, and attentive service. Comfortable casual beach wear. Took our reunion group back twice.Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantBarrierIslandGirlDined on 10/11/2014The Grand Marlin never lets me down. Whether a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary or just a fun day on their open area for Blue Angel Chips, music, and a view, it's a great place. This weekend we celebrated my birthday and I tried the "Butcher's Butter" 6 oz Angus steak which came on a bed of sautéed spinach, roasted fingerling potatoes, blistered tomatoes and topped with chimichurri sauce and crispy onions. It was amazing! It had to be to tempt me away from my favorite dish there: Grouper Piccata which is parmesan crusted and served on a bed of whipped potatoes, sautéed spinach, and topped with crispy capers and brown butter. Oooooh, I love this place and so happy we have a restaurant like this on the island!Special Features:
- Steak was too thick & toughLuv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Too many seasoning on steak & it was cut too thick. Also too tough to be choice or prime ribeyeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsGNWFDined on 10/9/2014The food was great especially the salt and pepper calamari. The service was superb and we got to sip our favorite drink (the grand marlin) and watch the red moon rise. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don vanLiv2eatDined on 10/6/2014Wonderful food. Wonderful view of sunset. Great happy hour. Could not have found a better place to spend in Pensacola Beach!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisa28Dined on 10/6/2014Our group of 8 dined at Grand Marlin for a business recruiting lunch. Service was prompt and the food was excellent. The autumn salad with a crab cake was fabulous---will be back to have it again before it is no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- serverCSMARMYDined on 10/5/2014.great service, right level of attention, made experience outstanding. Great food as always, brunch is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Enjoyable dining experience! I would recommend that everyone try it.Special Features:
- JUST BECAUSEOpiemom1985Dined on 10/5/2014WE HAVE GONE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS BUT THIS TIME WE JUST WENT FOR A NICE BRUNCH AND TO SPEND TIME WITH EACH OTHER. THE SERVICE WAS AWESOME SO WAS THE FOOD. THE VIEW WAS GREAT ALSO.Special Features:
- Grand Marlin Experiencegot2bDined on 10/4/2014My experience was very pleasant. But we were seated by the door that the waiters came through. A tray of drinks were spilled but the thing was that it was noisy at the location because of the constant back and forth of the waiters. Somebody has to sit at that table though. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- BoboDined on 10/1/2014Excellent! Always good variety of fresh fish. Calamari appetizer is outstanding. high energy spot! Half price wine on Wednesdays is an added feature!Special Features:
- Always a Grand experienceDondeeDined on 9/28/2014Great views, great service and food. Always on my list when I go to PNS.Special Features:
- Fresh FindBet64Dined on 9/28/2014Great food great atmosphere service needs to improve tremendously We dine here every year when we are in town And this year we've noticed a change in service... Not for the better Food also seems to have dropped a little bit but still really good We will be back next year for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sea food restaurantcygnusDined on 9/26/2014The food is very good so as the service. It needs a better dessert menu.Special Features:
- VacationerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014This restaurant was highly recommended to us by a homeowner in Navarre. He had personally rated The Marlin 4 stars. We had a late night reservation on "Wine Down Wednesday." Purchase two entres and get any bottle of wine 50% off. I chose lobster and my husband chose the sword fish. Both were excellent. We also chose the praline basket for dessert with vanilla bean ice cream berries, & chocolate sauce. I had to ask my husband to slow down and share it was so good. We sat inside the restaurant and it was very clean and upscale. We will definitely go back and would like to sit outside in the bar overlooking the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again - Service hits HomerunchavezVIPDined on 9/23/2014Every time I come to Pensacola I have to visit The Grand Marlin. The food is good - but beyond the food, the service is always provided at the highest level imaginable. We were served by Kaya who remembers everything and always greets us with a smile and has great wine and food recommendations! Thanks for another enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- View of the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014I had dinner with my wife, as we were looking for a nice place, outdoors with a view. We got what we were looking for. The food was very flavorful and the portions were more than enough. We were there on a weeknight, which may have helped with the availability of seating. The Grand Marlin was a nice place and worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant all aroundVeryhappyDined on 9/22/2014Awesome service, awesome views, and we got there 20 minutes before our reservation and were seated early! All round awesome restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StraygoosestraygooseDined on 9/21/2014The Grand Marlin is an outstanding place to eat and is great for birthdays.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingWags0906VIPDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant came recommended to us from both our hotel and Trip Advisor so we were looking forward to an exceptional meal based on previous reviews. Unfortunately it didn't live up to our expectations. The food was decent but it's the little things that I would never expect from a higher end restaurant that disappointed me: water in plastic glasses, a salad that we asked to split coming to the table with an extra plate for me to split myself, being asked to "keep my knife" after the salad instead of getting a fresh one...all things that a restaurant that runs $50+ per person should never do. The final disappointment was the key lime pie that barely had a hint of lime. I walked away wishing that we had just eaten at the local bar.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Came here for dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday with our daughter and it wa pretty enjoyable. We sat outside, its wasn't too hot; perfect evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic TimeTennesseeCoupleDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful time at the Grand Marlin. Adam was a wonderful server. Very attentive and quick to respond to needs and requests. We were visiting my wife's family and this was a birthday lunch. It was absolutely the right choice. We've been here before but have yet to enjoy the outdoor area that has a wonderful view.Special Features:
- All 5 stars!Realnole88Dined on 9/20/2014The GM's views inside and out are spectacular and only surpassed by the EXCELLENT food. Best in Pensacola area!Special Features:
- EnjoyedTymeVIPDined on 9/19/2014The fish special was excellent. Flavors were well layered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and servicePcolaRickDined on 9/18/2014The only problem with this place was trying to figure out what to order....everything looked really good. Guess we will be making regular trips so we can try the whole menu.......it was a little pricey.Special Features: