The Grand Marlin
400 Pensacola Beach Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32561Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grand Marlin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thegrandmarlin.com/
- Phone: 8506779153
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gregg McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Grand Marlin offers private dining for parties of 20 to 300. Our Grand Banquet Room seats 100 for completely private dining. For smaller parties our semi-private Santa Rosa Room seats 40 to 55 while our Club Room seats 20-35.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jacobi 8775542065
- Entertainment: The North Drop Bar features live music Thursday - Sunday and high-definition televisions for viewing favorite sports and events. It is the perfect venue for enjoying a full or more casual meal while enjoying some of the Gulf Coast"s best entertainment.
A word from The Grand Marlin
The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Grand Marlin - Best Restaurants in Pensacola ›
The Grand Marlin reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (207)special occasion (190)great for outdoor dining (159)romantic (114)fit for foodies (106)good for groups (89)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (63)great for brunch (61)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (46)kid-friendly (39)late-night find (21)Show More
- Always a Grand experienceDondeeDined on 9/28/2014Great views, great service and food. Always on my list when I go to PNS.Special Features:
- Fresh FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great food great atmosphere service needs to improve tremendously We dine here every year when we are in town And this year we've noticed a change in service... Not for the better Food also seems to have dropped a little bit but still really good We will be back next year for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sea food restaurantcygnusDined on 9/26/2014The food is very good so as the service. It needs a better dessert menu.Special Features:
- VacationerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014This restaurant was highly recommended to us by a homeowner in Navarre. He had personally rated The Marlin 4 stars. We had a late night reservation on "Wine Down Wednesday." Purchase two entres and get any bottle of wine 50% off. I chose lobster and my husband chose the sword fish. Both were excellent. We also chose the praline basket for dessert with vanilla bean ice cream berries, & chocolate sauce. I had to ask my husband to slow down and share it was so good. We sat inside the restaurant and it was very clean and upscale. We will definitely go back and would like to sit outside in the bar overlooking the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again - Service hits HomerunchavezVIPDined on 9/23/2014Every time I come to Pensacola I have to visit The Grand Marlin. The food is good - but beyond the food, the service is always provided at the highest level imaginable. We were served by Kaya who remembers everything and always greets us with a smile and has great wine and food recommendations! Thanks for another enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- Great restaurant all aroundVeryhappyDined on 9/22/2014Awesome service, awesome views, and we got there 20 minutes before our reservation and were seated early! All round awesome restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StraygoosestraygooseDined on 9/21/2014The Grand Marlin is an outstanding place to eat and is great for birthdays.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingWags0906VIPDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant came recommended to us from both our hotel and Trip Advisor so we were looking forward to an exceptional meal based on previous reviews. Unfortunately it didn't live up to our expectations. The food was decent but it's the little things that I would never expect from a higher end restaurant that disappointed me: water in plastic glasses, a salad that we asked to split coming to the table with an extra plate for me to split myself, being asked to "keep my knife" after the salad instead of getting a fresh one...all things that a restaurant that runs $50+ per person should never do. The final disappointment was the key lime pie that barely had a hint of lime. I walked away wishing that we had just eaten at the local bar.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Came here for dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday with our daughter and it wa pretty enjoyable. We sat outside, its wasn't too hot; perfect evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic TimeTennesseeCoupleDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful time at the Grand Marlin. Adam was a wonderful server. Very attentive and quick to respond to needs and requests. We were visiting my wife's family and this was a birthday lunch. It was absolutely the right choice. We've been here before but have yet to enjoy the outdoor area that has a wonderful view.Special Features:
- All 5 stars!Realnole88Dined on 9/20/2014The GM's views inside and out are spectacular and only surpassed by the EXCELLENT food. Best in Pensacola area!Special Features:
- EnjoyedTymeVIPDined on 9/19/2014The fish special was excellent. Flavors were well layered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The only problem with this place was trying to figure out what to order....everything looked really good. Guess we will be making regular trips so we can try the whole menu.......it was a little pricey.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantMikeDined on 9/17/2014They have outstanding cooks and the stuff is very friendly. I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceDanielDined on 9/13/2014We had the pleasure of having dinner here over the weekend. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed everything. Lobster fingers, raw oysters, wedge salads, grouper picatta, and the scallops. All were cooked/prepared to perfection. They had an above average selection of beers and a very notable wine list. We will definitely be returnig here the next time we are in Pensacola Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual!luvmywineDined on 9/11/2014Food exceptional , had the cioppino (sp?) , they have a great wine list and service is always top notch they have a great outdoor patio where you can dine also, but we always choose indoors where cooler and quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014This was so far the most I've ever paid at a restaurant but it was well worth it. They have great seafood options and they are a seafood watch pocket guide A+, for those of you that pay attention to the fish you eat and where it's coming from. They also have excellent options for the not-seafood lover. And for wine fanatics, the wine list is incredible. The servers are very friendly, fast, and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 51st anniversaryFirstavefreezeoutDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful time. We were seated immediately although we were early for our reservation. The table was perfect and the service was great. Best food we have had in a long time. Loved the steak/wedge salad and the prime rib. The restaurant treated us to their delicious signature dessert in honour of our occasion. We are looking forward to our visit next year...an annual affair hopefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cork feericandvalDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I have been going to Grand Marlin since it opened. There has never been a cork fee. I always tip as if I got a $30 bottle of wine. Now the last 3 times we we've been there I've had the fee dropped and the other 2 times the fee was different with each waiter. I can understand your need for a cork fee but we're locals and go back when the crowds drop. My question is 1st there is nothing on the menu stating a cork fee. 2nd being told different cork fee amounts by different servers. They seem to be adlibbing this fee. I still feel that the cork fee should be dropped for one bottle per table but any more then that get the fee. I hope you reconsider how your fee is used if you actually have one or not.Special Features:
- 1st Rate DiningVatoFLDined on 9/6/2014We are new to Pensacola and have been here a few times. It has become our favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- Go to for Good FoodFCTFoodReviewDined on 9/6/2014Once again the Grand Marlin came in for the win. Helped me out for my wife's Birthday dinner. Food was great, service friendly and professional, and prompt. Enjoyed drinks, apps, and entree. Definitely looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meallove2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Also happy with service. Sometimes mistakes happen in kitchen, but they are always interested in making the experience better.Special Features:
- A lovely restaurantMemoryladyDined on 9/4/2014Although we live nearby (Navarre) we have never dined at the Grand Marlin. My daughter wanted to celebrate her 20th birthday there so she and I and her sister dined on the outside deck. It was wonderful with the fans, the tables being spaced as they are and the good service. I knew it would be expensive and I couldn't imagine how it could warrant those prices, but my birthday girl had lobster tail and the other daughter had the ribeye (mom had salad only). Our red haired waitress ( I am sorry I don't remember her name) brought her a praeline sundae that we all shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014The food and service are always great and the daily seafood specials are outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Seafood and ServideOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014I've eaten here since they opened and have been happy with most of the dishes. This visit, we had the parmesan encrusted groper and it was a bit dry. The oyster appetizer are very good with 3 different varieties. Cocktails and beer selection is excellent.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We went for dinner and got a great table outside overlooking the bay. I wish I remembered the waiter's name, but he was excellent. The food was exceptional. Very fresh seafood, especially the ahi poke appetizer. Returned for lunch the next day, but the service was not what we expected from the night before. Go for dinner.Special Features:
- Except the EntreesanonymousDined on 8/31/2014Started off well, the Tuna Poke and Lobster fingers were very good. Good cocktails. Then our entrees. My wife had potatoes with her entree. They were clearly instant potatoes. My fish was completely raw in the middle. Sent it back. Brought me the same piece I had sent back, and it was still raw. Wahoo, not a fish to eat raw. For the price, I would have also thought they would have also tried to get me a new piece of fish. The waitress asked if she could bring me something else. I chose scallops. They came out... raw. They were cold and raw. Had grill marks, but not even begun to cook. You can eat them raw, but it was not what was advertised or what I wanted. They did not give us a discount either. Views were great though.Special Features:
- Great food and beautiful placeTvgirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Rubbed Salmon was absolutely delicious and I'm not always a salmon eater. Restaurant was gorgeous and patio had great views. Noise level did not prevent regular conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER GREAT MEAL!baywind41Dined on 8/31/2014Went with a party of 6 for drinks, oysters, and salads. Everything was delicious! One of our guests wanted to order baked oysters but doesn't eat meat. Unfortunately, both baked oyster dishes had bacon already included in the pre-made toppings. Would it be possible to have an additional topping pre-made without bacon? Personally, I love the bacon, but was surprised you couldn't get the oysters without it. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary food and service!AndsDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time and definitely not the last! We had an amazing experience! Food is perfect, ambience gorgeous and extraordinary service by Sarah. We will definitely coming back soon!Special Features:
- Pricey, but can be worth the money.mistertuba2011Dined on 8/30/2014My 3 year anniversary was spent at The Grand Marlin. I spent almost $100 for two people, but I never would have wished to be somewhere else. The view was lovely, the waitress did well and as the sun had set (behind us) the night time view was lovely, also. I only wish I would have gotten more for my money. It was about $25 for a rather small piece of swordfish. I wouldn't mind the small entree if the price weren't so high. I can get MORE fresh swordfish for that same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Pensacola BeachCKW1Dined on 8/30/2014The food is always great. The service is attentive but not intrusive so that you aren't interupted every few minutes while you are in conversation with your dinner partner or have a mouth full of food and have to reply to the wait staff constantly asking you how everything is and do you need something. Get rid of those annoying pepper grinders--they never work. Just put a regular pepper shaker on the table. Meals are a little pricey but well worth it if you can afford it--you get what you pay for. I ordered a Gin and Tonic during Happy Hour and it was $4.00. Not cheap but normal for the area. I was only going to have one but it was so refreshing that I had two.Special Features:
- ExcellentKelhuffDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent and so was service! The lobster appetizer with honey sauce was fabulous! The grouper pinatti is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014You will not be disappointed. An outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie heavenfoodforlifeDined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere inside or outside dining. Really enjoyed all the food every time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentenjoy2dineDined on 8/24/2014The Grand Marlin has outstanding food, service and beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday brunch.IAteItAllDined on 8/24/2014We took my parents there for brunch when they were in town visiting. Everyone left full and happy. The calamari was some of the best ever!Special Features:
- Birthday in Pensacola BeachPaulaDined on 8/23/2014AMAZING food and service! Also, the best and freshest grouper I've had in my life!
- Terrific food but very noisyLifsgr8Dined on 8/23/2014More a family type restaurant not a romantic spot but food and service is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDaveDined on 8/22/2014Everything we ordered in our group of four was very good and the service was excellent! The gripper piccata was the absolute best. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.