The Grand Marlin
400 Pensacola Beach Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32561Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grand Marlin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thegrandmarlin.com/
- Phone: (850) 677-9153
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gregg McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Grand Marlin offers private dining for parties of 20 to 300. Our Grand Banquet Room seats 100 for completely private dining. For smaller parties our semi-private Santa Rosa Room seats 40 to 55 while our Club Room seats 20-35.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jacobi 8775542065
- Entertainment: The North Drop Bar features live music Thursday - Sunday and high-definition televisions for viewing favorite sports and events. It is the perfect venue for enjoying a full or more casual meal while enjoying some of the Gulf Coast"s best entertainment.
A word from The Grand Marlin
The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
The Grand Marlin - Best Restaurants in Pensacola ›
The Grand Marlin reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (163)special occasion (137)great for outdoor dining (114)fit for foodies (90)romantic (81)good for groups (79)great for brunch (55)hot spot (55)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (43)notable wine list (41)great for lunch (40)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (13)Show More
- liv2eatDined on 11/17/2014Simply outstanding! Food and service were excellent and the view is icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PcolaRickDined on 11/14/2014Second time visiting this restaurant and both visits were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding good and service!!AUfanDined on 11/10/2014We always eat at The Grand Marlin when in Pensacola. Food is outstanding! Service has been excellent, even when busy. Menu has great selections. Ambience is great, too. Only reason I didn't rate it a 5 on ambience is because it is kind of loud, but that's because it's such a popular place--a lot of people talking. Beautiful view. A favorite of ours for sure!Special Features:
- truly fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014How nice for Pensacola to have a truly fine dining establishment for a special evening. Oddly, to be able to dress up and also enjoy not only the service but also excellent cuisine is a rare find. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service this time aroundctd70119Dined on 11/3/2014This was our second trip here so we knew the food would be great. But this time around we had disappointing service. The waiter was unattentive and barely checked on us or asked how our meals were. My tuna was undercooked (asked for med-rare but it was "seared" and stone cold in the middle) but it was 20 minutes before our waiter came to check on us and by then I had already eaten most of the fish! The quality of the fish was great so I ate it regardless of it being cold. I saw the waiter pay far more attention to a table of older gentleman and felt we didn't receive the same service because we were a younger couple. Luckily we had been before and had a great experience otherwise I might not want to go back after this experience.Special Features:
- Great experience!VispeakDined on 11/3/2014The vibe was relaxed yet sophisticated. The food was exciting and pure comfort! The service was friendly and attentive. What more could you ask for when dining on beautiful Pensacola Beach? We were here for 4 nights and visited the Grand Marlin on two of them : )Special Features:
- This is a great restaurant !GERRYDined on 11/2/2014Been there many times and have always been extremely pleased. Today we had their Sunday brunch. Delicious "hang town" omelet with cheddar cheese and bacon topped with fried oysters and a wonderful hollandaise sauce. Great service and great view of the bay. That and a tasty Bloody Mary makes a Sunday morning to remember.Special Features:
- Great Place to Take GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We had a special evening for my sister's birthday. She is from Texas. Wait staff was attentive (Scott) and the food was fabulous. Salmon was the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Beautiful restaurant, excellent service, amazing food. I love this place and will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Incredible servicechavezVIPDined on 10/30/2014As usual - Kaya's service and the food presentation was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TIme DinersLovetodineDined on 10/27/2014We were told that this was the ONLY place to eat on Pensacola Beach and we were not disappointed. I was treating my boyfriend for his Birthday and I wanted it to be special. We drove over from Tallahassee and I have to say, this was probably the best food we have had in many years. Thank you for making our evening wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss the Dining OpportunityIrish5Dined on 10/27/2014Last meal of our vacation and it was the very best. A true five star experience in every way but the food was the true highlight! From appetizer to dessert, everything was a taste delight! Will go down in our book as an all time favorite!Special Features:
- great food, poor serviceramblerDined on 10/25/2014It's out third time dining there and while the food is superb the service is not up to par, which is really disappointing for the restaurant this good. That is: every one of the times we came to the restaurant with reservations, each time we asked for a window table outside. Each time we were led to an indoor area and each time a hostess acted dismayed when we would ask for an outside table, even when there were several open tables available!... All waiters, on the other hand, were pretty cool and nice people who helped is soothe the rough reception.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentTunesDined on 10/24/2014We're locals and only go here off-season because it's a beach spot. They never disappoint. On this night, they allowed us to order off menu, creating our own surf and turf. Lots of flavors at this place. You can get almost anything you want. Wait staff is obviously prepped and knowledgable. Whatever you do, make a reservation. In the past, we've been told to wait 40 minutes and it went well over an hour. Might not be as big of a problem in the offseason, but why take the chance?Special Features:
- Nice choice at the beachJibbyDined on 10/23/2014This was my second time at TGM. The first time the food was great but service was slow and negligent. This time the service was much better and the food was good too. Glad we gave TGM a second chance. The view of the sunset is breathtaking from the main dining room. We celebrated our anniversary with TGM and our dessert was complimentary; that was nice and much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peteDined on 10/21/2014We have eaten at the Grand Marlin ever since it's opening. The food and service have always been above average. Never had a meal that was not exceptional.Special Features:
- LizzyVIPDined on 10/20/2014This place was great but after we got our food they turned a fan on directly on us... We sat outside because it was cold inside... After requesting to turn the fan off ... They said no... This made it very uncomfortable and we left without ordering after dinner drinks and desserts... Very disappointed. As this started out so good.. I told the hostess on our way out and she shrugged her shoulders... Other people around us were putting jackets and sweaters on!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on The Beach!DisappointingVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our favorite restaurant in all of Florida, Alabama and Mississippi! Great food, well-presented, knowledgeable and professional servers. The view cannot be beat! Outstanding at all levels.Special Features:
- BrunchfoodieDined on 10/19/2014The view was wonderful, weather perfect. The food was good, but it wasn't hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic location!BethVIPDined on 10/14/2014We come to the grand Marlon every gear while on vacation in the area. Their outdoor dining is wonderful, with an amazing view! Service is always good, and the menu always offer some really great choices of fresh seafood. We love this restaurant and will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!JMW2Dined on 10/13/2014Our party of four couldn't have had a better dining experience. The food was wonderful and the staff was friendly and efficient. We will definitely stop in the next time we visit Pensacola Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rservation 6:45. Seated after 7:30.beachlocalDined on 10/13/2014If you are going to participate in Open Table, honor the reservation. Waiting almost an hour is unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We absolutely loved everything!ElleDined on 10/12/2014First time in Pensacola & a friend recommended 'The Marlin to us! They have a wonderful menu & the service was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandmarlinmissyDined on 10/12/2014Great food & service. Scenery from our table was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MixKoolbreezeDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful view mixed with delicious food. A great way to enjoy Sunday brunch with a cool breeze and steel drum player giving you that feeling you are in Paradise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, service and flavorsRugbyshogunDined on 10/12/2014A great find highly rated on Yelp. Beautiful bay views, delicious food combinations, and attentive service. Comfortable casual beach wear. Took our reunion group back twice.Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantBarrierIslandGirlDined on 10/11/2014The Grand Marlin never lets me down. Whether a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary or just a fun day on their open area for Blue Angel Chips, music, and a view, it's a great place. This weekend we celebrated my birthday and I tried the "Butcher's Butter" 6 oz Angus steak which came on a bed of sautéed spinach, roasted fingerling potatoes, blistered tomatoes and topped with chimichurri sauce and crispy onions. It was amazing! It had to be to tempt me away from my favorite dish there: Grouper Piccata which is parmesan crusted and served on a bed of whipped potatoes, sautéed spinach, and topped with crispy capers and brown butter. Oooooh, I love this place and so happy we have a restaurant like this on the island!Special Features:
- Steak was too thick & toughLuv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Too many seasoning on steak & it was cut too thick. Also too tough to be choice or prime ribeyeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsGNWFDined on 10/9/2014The food was great especially the salt and pepper calamari. The service was superb and we got to sip our favorite drink (the grand marlin) and watch the red moon rise. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don vanLiv2eatDined on 10/6/2014Wonderful food. Wonderful view of sunset. Great happy hour. Could not have found a better place to spend in Pensacola Beach!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisa28Dined on 10/6/2014Our group of 8 dined at Grand Marlin for a business recruiting lunch. Service was prompt and the food was excellent. The autumn salad with a crab cake was fabulous---will be back to have it again before it is no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- serverCSMARMYDined on 10/5/2014.great service, right level of attention, made experience outstanding. Great food as always, brunch is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Enjoyable dining experience! I would recommend that everyone try it.Special Features:
- JUST BECAUSEOpiemom1985Dined on 10/5/2014WE HAVE GONE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS BUT THIS TIME WE JUST WENT FOR A NICE BRUNCH AND TO SPEND TIME WITH EACH OTHER. THE SERVICE WAS AWESOME SO WAS THE FOOD. THE VIEW WAS GREAT ALSO.Special Features:
- Grand Marlin Experiencegot2bDined on 10/4/2014My experience was very pleasant. But we were seated by the door that the waiters came through. A tray of drinks were spilled but the thing was that it was noisy at the location because of the constant back and forth of the waiters. Somebody has to sit at that table though. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- BoboDined on 10/1/2014Excellent! Always good variety of fresh fish. Calamari appetizer is outstanding. high energy spot! Half price wine on Wednesdays is an added feature!Special Features:
- Always a Grand experienceDondeeDined on 9/28/2014Great views, great service and food. Always on my list when I go to PNS.Special Features:
- Fresh FindBet64Dined on 9/28/2014Great food great atmosphere service needs to improve tremendously We dine here every year when we are in town And this year we've noticed a change in service... Not for the better Food also seems to have dropped a little bit but still really good We will be back next year for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sea food restaurantcygnusDined on 9/26/2014The food is very good so as the service. It needs a better dessert menu.Special Features:
- VacationerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014This restaurant was highly recommended to us by a homeowner in Navarre. He had personally rated The Marlin 4 stars. We had a late night reservation on "Wine Down Wednesday." Purchase two entres and get any bottle of wine 50% off. I chose lobster and my husband chose the sword fish. Both were excellent. We also chose the praline basket for dessert with vanilla bean ice cream berries, & chocolate sauce. I had to ask my husband to slow down and share it was so good. We sat inside the restaurant and it was very clean and upscale. We will definitely go back and would like to sit outside in the bar overlooking the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.