The Grand Marlin
400 Pensacola Beach Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32561Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grand Marlin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thegrandmarlin.com/
- Phone: 8506779153
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gregg McCarthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Grand Marlin offers private dining for parties of 20 to 300. Our Grand Banquet Room seats 100 for completely private dining. For smaller parties our semi-private Santa Rosa Room seats 40 to 55 while our Club Room seats 20-35.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jacobi 8775542065
- Entertainment: The North Drop Bar features live music Thursday - Sunday and high-definition televisions for viewing favorite sports and events. It is the perfect venue for enjoying a full or more casual meal while enjoying some of the Gulf Coast"s best entertainment.
A word from The Grand Marlin
The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Grand Marlin - Best Restaurants in Pensacola ›
The Grand Marlin reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (211)special occasion (185)great for outdoor dining (149)romantic (105)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (90)vibrant bar scene (69)hot spot (62)great for brunch (61)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (45)kid-friendly (43)late-night find (19)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We went for dinner and got a great table outside overlooking the bay. I wish I remembered the waiter's name, but he was excellent. The food was exceptional. Very fresh seafood, especially the ahi poke appetizer. Returned for lunch the next day, but the service was not what we expected from the night before. Go for dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and beautiful placeTvgirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Rubbed Salmon was absolutely delicious and I'm not always a salmon eater. Restaurant was gorgeous and patio had great views. Noise level did not prevent regular conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER GREAT MEAL!baywind41Dined on 8/31/2014Went with a party of 6 for drinks, oysters, and salads. Everything was delicious! One of our guests wanted to order baked oysters but doesn't eat meat. Unfortunately, both baked oyster dishes had bacon already included in the pre-made toppings. Would it be possible to have an additional topping pre-made without bacon? Personally, I love the bacon, but was surprised you couldn't get the oysters without it. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary food and service!AndsDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time and definitely not the last! We had an amazing experience! Food is perfect, ambience gorgeous and extraordinary service by Sarah. We will definitely coming back soon!Special Features:
- Pricey, but can be worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014My 3 year anniversary was spent at The Grand Marlin. I spent almost $100 for two people, but I never would have wished to be somewhere else. The view was lovely, the waitress did well and as the sun had set (behind us) the night time view was lovely, also. I only wish I would have gotten more for my money. It was about $25 for a rather small piece of swordfish. I wouldn't mind the small entree if the price weren't so high. I can get MORE fresh swordfish for that same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Pensacola BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food is always great. The service is attentive but not intrusive so that you aren't interupted every few minutes while you are in conversation with your dinner partner or have a mouth full of food and have to reply to the wait staff constantly asking you how everything is and do you need something. Get rid of those annoying pepper grinders--they never work. Just put a regular pepper shaker on the table. Meals are a little pricey but well worth it if you can afford it--you get what you pay for. I ordered a Gin and Tonic during Happy Hour and it was $4.00. Not cheap but normal for the area. I was only going to have one but it was so refreshing that I had two.Special Features:
- ExcellentKelhuffDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent and so was service! The lobster appetizer with honey sauce was fabulous! The grouper pinatti is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014You will not be disappointed. An outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie heavenfoodforlifeDined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere inside or outside dining. Really enjoyed all the food every time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentenjoy2dineDined on 8/24/2014The Grand Marlin has outstanding food, service and beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday brunch.IAteItAllDined on 8/24/2014We took my parents there for brunch when they were in town visiting. Everyone left full and happy. The calamari was some of the best ever!Special Features:
- Birthday in Pensacola BeachPaulaDined on 8/23/2014AMAZING food and service! Also, the best and freshest grouper I've had in my life!
- Terrific food but very noisyLifsgr8Dined on 8/23/2014More a family type restaurant not a romantic spot but food and service is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDaveDined on 8/22/2014Everything we ordered in our group of four was very good and the service was excellent! The gripper piccata was the absolute best. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good.ThuviaDined on 8/20/2014We have been to grand marlin many times and usually enjoy the food and ambiance. Service is quite quick. This time however 2/4 of us were disappointed with the food. The salmon dish which is usually yummy was very mediocre, I actually did not enjoy it this time. My daughter had the chicken curry island dish and was not a fan. I will chalk it up to just a bad night. Usually we enjoy the food. Different chef maybe or possibly less flavorful salmon and sweet potatoes for the hash. Lunch is a pleasure on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Number 1 dining experience. Reservations made and kept on time. Staff friendly and accommodating. Music entertaining. Great food! Oysters Bienville: (yummy), lettuce wedge with extra bacon (delightful), wine recommended by our server: (perfect), ambiance/atmosphere:(outstanding)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCounselorDined on 8/16/2014I had the salmon and the rub on the salmon was excellent!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Lobster finger app was outstanding. Both our entrees (pan-seared swordfish/grouper picatta) were amazing. It was very nice of the staff to send out a surprise bday dish! However, that would've been better had we not already ordered another dessert so there was quite a bit wasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant all around.SiebsDined on 8/16/2014We were lucky enough to get a seat outside on the sound-side veranda which is apparently not open during the week and used for overflow. Loved it. Beautiful view. I always want to sit there in summer from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great birthday mealstraygooseDined on 8/15/2014This was a birthday party and the meal was outstanding. You cannot beat their Birthday Praline with ice cream and fruit. Jason was our server and he made the meal with his comments and service. We go to the Grand Marlin often and it's because you do not have to worry - we always have great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStarDined on 8/14/2014Crab cakes and watermelon salad are to die for!!! Great bay view and they had live music that night. Will dine there again on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to it's usual perfectionValCVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is my go-to place in Pensacola. I rave about the food, especially the Oysters Bienville. But on 8/13 we weren't disappointed in the food, we were disappointed in the service. Although our waiter was great when he was around, it took FOREVER to get our food. I'm pretty sure this was a kitchen problem, although our waiter was MIA many times. There were plenty of empty tables, so the slowness wasn't due to overcrowding. Not sure what is going on, but I may rethink going there for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding4yourfamilyDined on 8/12/2014Weeks vacation at Navarre Beach. Last night went to Grand Marlin for family dinner. Fabulous food. Great atmosphere..service from employees very personable and very professional. Your chef should get a atta boy. He came out to see if meal was to our satisfaction. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Favorite Places toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This year we have visited numerous times: Fathers Day, Wife's Birthday, Son's Birthday, not to mention a few times by ourselves. Wife loves the wedge/steak salad & Coconut cake(although really wishes you would bring the Carrot cake back). I enjoy your burger & my favorite is the Peanut butter pie desert.Special Features:
- Blue Angel ChipsAallmmllDined on 8/9/2014Get the Blue Angel chips. The best appetizer I've ever had. Half order is more than enough for two. Great outdoor area overlooking the water work live music, or indoor, dim-lit romantic seating. Will be returning. Wine list had more than enough to choose fromand signature cocktails were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little offtkhuDined on 8/9/2014Our server was very attentive, but I realized there was a problem when after 30 minutes we had not received our appetizer and everyone who was seated after us was served. When we finally received it, not 5 minutes later out came our entrees - a pet peeve of mine.Special Features:
- Exceeded My ExpectationsJeffinTXVIPDined on 8/8/2014Thank you for such a wonderful dining experience. We invited Family to this restaurant while visiting them in Pensacola. My nephew said he always wanted to go to The Grand Marlin, so I made reservations after reading other reviews. We ate inside since the weather was quite warm. The design atmosphere is nice, clean, and simple. Very energetic Friday night crowd, which did not detract from the fantastic food. I had the ahi tuna tower for my appetizer, which was fresh, tasty, and attractive. I ordered the steak wedge salad for my entree as I wasn't very hungry. I was amazed at the wonderful tastes, presentation, and size for the entree. We will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!beachbumDined on 8/8/2014This was a great dinner experience. The food sand service was outstanding. We had the feature Flounder with Asian vegetables and Black Grouper. Both were prepared perfectly. We can wait until our next vacation so we can visit Grand Marlin again!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Views!BeachnsunfunDined on 8/6/2014Everything about the Grand Marlin is positive other than the Hostess. Every time I've been there they have been annoyed by the presence of other person being put on their list. I used Open Table to make my reservation (table for 4) and went 30 minutes early and they made us wait the 30 minutes before being sat. Other people with "NO" reservations were sat before us. This has happened on numerous occasions with regular reservations and thru Opentable. The food is unbelievable, the wait staff is always friendly, and the views are amazing and this is why I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn Up The HeatDesperadoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our food would have been delicious if only it had been served hot instead of almost warm. All that work to prepare and then they can't get it or keep it hot until it reaches the table.
- Had a nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Though restaurant is a bit loud inside...outside was swell with the music. I had the Skillet but the peppers on top were cold and there was no applewood smoked bacon to be seen. the waitress did bring me a side of it later. Everyone at the table said their dishes were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGoinDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner so much. The wait staff is always top notch, the views both inside and outside dining are beautiful and the food is Fabulous!Special Features:
- ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the Pensacola area. My dining experience has always been outstanding. Great food, great service, great drinks, and a great view! Water on both sides give this location spectacular views! I love that the menu changes daily to provide the freshest ingredients.Special Features:
- Good foodNeptunedinerDined on 8/1/2014Food was very good. Service was moderately slow. Very noisy place though - especially outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouper piccataBetsypvDined on 7/30/2014I've come here 4 times and had this dish 3 of those tImes. It's delicious and the restaurant also has ahi poke... A can't miss fresh appetizer. My only regret this time was that our food arrived while we were still eating the appetizer. Also, the calamari appetizer read to me as salt and pepper Calamari but it was salt and "peppers" as in fried banana pepper rings. My teenager wasn't too happy with the quantity of pepper rings since she just wanted calamari. More than half of The order wasn't edible.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forFoodie3344VIPDined on 7/30/2014We've eaten out every night this week for vacation, and this has been the best place so far. Best food, best service. There's no valet parking which for the price you would expect, but other than that perfect experienceSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Thr Grand Marlin is number one on our dining list. The food and ambiance is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014my reservation was lost!!!!!!! other than that we think it is a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatermanDined on 7/25/2014Very good but I was surprised to see how much the prices had increased in a year. Basic entree $27 Outside too loud for seniorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh!janasmythDined on 7/25/2014Our waiter said they print the menus twice daily. The oysters were local and delicious and the grouper was also fabulous. Wish I hadn't waited 'til the last day of my vacation to visit TGM. I would have definitely visited a 2nd time, probably more. My favorite spot on Pensacola Beach. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.