The Granary Restaurant
1800 Spirit Dance Road
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Granary Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.springcreekranch.com/Granary/Default.aspx
- Phone: 307-732-8112
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Wednesday Continental only 7:00am to 11:00am, Thursday through Sunday Full Breakfast 7:00am to 11:00am. Lunch Saturday 12:00pm to 2:00pm. Dinner Wednesday through Saturday 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Lounge open Wednesday through Saturday 4:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Mitchell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spring Creek Ranch along with the Granary Restaurant will cater functions, weddings, intimate dinner or special events in one of our private condominiums or Mountain Villas as well as in the Jackson Hole area.
- Private Party Facilities: Guests are able to buyout the restaurant for events, Weddings, or private dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Wes Clarke 307-732-8116
- Entertainment: Jazz Thursday nights (summer only) Jazz on Friday nights year round Piano on Saturday nights year round New Years Eve Jazz ensemble Entertainment on special evenings
A word from The Granary Restaurant
The Granary is a fine dining restuarnt in the heart of Jackson Hole, with the finest views of the mountains in the valley. Located within the resort Spring Creek Ranch 1000 feet above the valley floor. The Granary features a regional western cuisine with a french flare. Award winning wine list. Live entertainment with Jazz on Friday nights. No reservations needed for breakfast, unless party larger than 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Granary Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
The Granary Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (52)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (25)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Client thank you.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I wanted to take clients (who have become good friends) out to celebrate their retirement. This was the perfect ambiance, service, and food for that occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014How can one love a restaurant when the food wasn't great? Because of its location and view! We both ordered the steak frites. It was a sirloin but cut like a filet. I ordered med-well and it came out well done looking like a hockey puck and my husband ordered medium and it was medium well. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had had any flavor and was cut like a sirloin normally is....They used what appeared to be frozen green and red peppers for the vegetables for the hummus. That is all the bad....the good was that the service was nice, the GM came by the table to say hello, the view the best I have ever seen and we had 2 (mommy and baby) moose grazing right by us! Also, the Truffle Fries were the best french fries I have ever had!!!Special Features:
- Scenic with great foodluvtoeatDined on 9/20/2014A must stop even if only for cocktails on the outside deck looking across at the same level as the Tetons. Food is very good.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014With evening light the view is spectacular and I will guarantee you ask someone to take your picture. Now the food....my guests had elk that they loved and I had a very fine bison steak. Preparation was very nice and portions were nice sized. I had a very good Caesar while everyone else went with soup of the day which they really liked. The calamari with house sauce was cooked just right. It was a little too dark for me but they did adjust the lighting up some during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place we went twice !LovelifeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Loved this place we went twice and the service was wonderful. We even seen a mother and baby moose in the pond! You can bring your dog as long as you don't come to the door with the animal you have to bring it through the side employee entrance that is hidden so if you want your furry friend to join you leave them in the car till they explain proper way you can bring fido.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every wayDressagedivaDined on 9/14/2014Recommended by B&B proprietor. Sure wish we lived in the area because we'd definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife's trout was very good but the New York strip steak I had was just fat and gristle........I was disappointed in that ..........we made some friends from Oklahoma.........we thoroughly enjoyed our Camyus and Lou Lou our server was outstanding. We had a drink at the bar and that was fun.......great energy.Special Features:
- Sunset on the TetonsPepperPDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I ate at The Granary while we visited Jackson Hole the second week of September 2014. I started with the Ceasar salad that has the Spanish white Boquerones anchovies. My husband had the carrot and ginger soup that was a special feature. The salad was crisp fresh and tasty. The soup was hot, tangy and flavorful. For our main course, I had the 1/2 hen and my husband had the salmon. Both dishes were well presented, hot and very tasty. We ordered and finished a bottle of Decoy (Duckthorn) Pinot Noir. Went very well with both dishes. Service was prompt and we were at a window table to watch the sun set over the dramatic Tetons. It was a perfect night.Special Features:
- almost thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014I wish the service had been better. We were asked to understand that they had a large party. Hmmm. What about this party that made a reservation and was paying a lot for a wonderful dinner, inclusive of attentive service. The water guy though truly cared. The food itself was great. And the view never disappoints.Special Features:
- Teton DelightTexDinerDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I had dinner here while in Jackson on 8/27. Capacity of the restaurant is fairly small so noise is to a minimum which adds to the quaint feel of the experience. The views are without comparison here as you are located on top of a ridge with exceptional views of the Tetons and the valley below. My wife had the grilled chicken and I had the bison ribeye. Both were well prepared and presented well. Desert included a flour less chocolate tart which was great. Service was very good and not overbearing as some places can be. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The views are spectacular & the service & wine list are fantastic, but the food was only so so. Maybe we just caught them on a bad night. The calamari tasted stale (as in not just chewey but had a freezer burnt flavor to it) and came out in a big pile of breading that fell off. My father specifically asked if the medium bison steak would have any charring or burnt flavor and he was told it would not. When the steaks arrived, both his & mine (MR) had charred grill marks. The sides were quite good, and dessert was too. Overall tho, for the price, I'd not recommend this place for dinner.Special Features:
- PaisleyVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has outstanding food, a great view, and music in the bar that is very relaxing. A wide variety menu to suit anyone.Special Features:
- Best views in Jackson HoleDedicatedVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is the most scenic place here. Food is acceptable and drinks are good. View from the bar is great but if you can sit in the deck (in summer), the views are overwhelming. Recommended.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewMARTYVIPDined on 8/15/2014Upon entering the restaurant that we had made reservations at I had requested a window view. I also indicated it was our anniversary. MARTA the "hostess with the LEAST mostest" should be FIRED!!!!!! She was very rude,I said we had requested a window view, her retort was FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. This is the way a very well respected restaurant treats their customers? There was a window table available but they would not budge. The food was good. But for the rudeness we incountered we would not return. We also AGAIN ask that the General Manager FIRE MARTA!!!!!Special Features:
- What a view!Montanavisitor1789Dined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner and the view can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW What a ViewBrooklynBobVIPDined on 8/12/2014The views from the upstairs bar and the downstairs dining room are to die for. But,you must get a table next to the windows. Specify that when you make your reservation. The food is creative and excellent. Our server Bekah was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the WorldtravelingfoolsDined on 8/11/2014If you want a spectacular view of the Tetons and the valley below, this is the spot. It is a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of summer craziness in downtown Jackson. The food is great and the service, pleasant and attentive. This will be a place that we will come back to on return visits to this area.Special Features:
- A perfect family gathering.TinCanNomadDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I have dined here many times, and we always stay at the bar to eat and watch the sunset over the Tetons. Our adult children and grandchildren joined us this time, and we were treated to the sane spectacular view from the dining room. The staff was extremely accommodating, making sure we had room for the family and little ones. Our waiter was very attentive and everything came out perfectly. The Bison a Ribeye didn't wow me, but it was pretty good. One thing not to miss: the cheese plate (appetizer), it is consistently very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 8/6/2014We were staying in the Teton village area for just a few nights and we're looking for a restaurant with a nice variety of the local game. The dishes were simply amazing, my daughter can't stop raving about the game pasta. Our other daughter ordered the elk tenderloin, chef recommended medium rare and she loved it. My husband ordered the bison which was delicious and I ordered the Idaho trout, not over cooked and very tasty. We sampled each other's food and all agreed that the restaurant hit the mark. Our waiter was affable and attentive. He was good natured and pleasant. Overall a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views, views, viewsNapken3Dined on 7/31/2014The windows at this restaurant give you dining experience that's hard to beat. The food is good and well portioned with attentive service. The road to get to the restaurant will test your driving skills a bit especially if you've had one wine too many.Special Features:
- Met expectationsVirgoDined on 7/27/2014The gorgeous view would have been reason enough to enjoy the experience but the food was excellent and our server was knowledgeable about the menu and helpful with our selections. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceNellieDined on 7/25/2014We got a table by the window so got to see a great view of the mountains. The service was excellent. After reading other reviews I suggested to my husband to have them cook the buffalo rib eye steak less than his usual medium well done for beef since it is leaner. He went for medium rare and said it was perfect. I ordered the salmon and it was delicious. It had a nice butter crust on it. The manager Bryon went around to every table and chatted for a few minutes so we felt very welcomed. There was a live jazz band playing upstairs in the bar. I am not a fan of jazz but they sounded pretty good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Fantastic ViewWyominghighDined on 7/24/2014The Granary, which operates as part of Spring Creek Ranch, is a great spot for a special dinner or just a wonderful night out. The view of the Grand Tetons is incomparable, and the food is outstanding to boot. There's nothing not to like!!Special Features:
- Excellent View But Average QualityGlenDined on 7/23/2014If you want an excellent view of the Tetons then this is the place to go. However the food was just average. I had the chicken dish and the portion was very small and there was no creativity in the taste of the main course. My wife had the trout and it was also lacking in flavor. The Caesar salad was good and the cheese cake was very good but the portion was tiny.Special Features:
- Nice view - okay foodLouisvilleDined on 7/20/2014The view was nice, but the food is over priced for the quality. While my elk tenderloin was good, my husband's bison steak was gamey tasting. I did not like their specialty margarita at all.Special Features:
- DanimalDined on 7/12/2014Best meal of our trip. Everything was great. Will go again when in town.Special Features:
- Good experiencealpineDined on 7/12/2014Food is good but not outstanding. Great atmosphere and view. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wild Game DishesretiredlocalDined on 7/12/2014We shared The Cheese plate appetizer, followed by the Caesar salad. The Cheese plate is enormous and very rich. It could easily be shared with 4 people. For main course my wife chose the special Venison Chops with sour cherry sauce and I had the wild game pasta. Both were outstanding. I think the pasta was the perfect balance of flavors without being overwhelming. We had a bottle of Rosenblum Zinfandel from the good wine list. There were many reasonably priced wines. Dessert was The Passion-fruit and coconut creme brulee and the bread pudding with coffee ice cream. The whole meal with wine and tip was $165 which is very modest by Jackson standards for this level of restaurant. Ask for a table by the window to take in the Tetons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrispenDined on 7/8/2014Wonderful location; nice atmosphere; wonderful staff. Many are from Eastern Europe and work at the Granary in the summer. They are delightful people, students mostly, and we applaud the program which brings them to this country for the summer. The view is sublime and is, of course, a major reason why one goes to Jackson. The positioning of the Granary is perfect for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view, terrible food.LaFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I went to The Granary because of good reviews. As noted by others, the view is second to none. You have a fully unobstructed view of the Teton Range. The decor of the restaurant itself is ok. The service was fine. The bread was average if you like black olives. The caesar salad was ok, but it had very little dressing on it. On the recommendation of our server, I ordered the pork chop and my wife ordered the salmon. I immediately noticed that the pork was tough when I tried to cut into it. The flavor, however, was terrible. It had a very thick crust of mustard seeds that were terribly overpowering. I couldn't eat it. My wife's salmon had a decent flavor, but it was overcooked and ridiculously small. We left.Special Features:
- Granary OutstandingclanlechDined on 7/4/2014Granary will please you in every way: perfectly prepared and creative food, incredible scenery and wonderful service!Special Features:
- SpectacularMattVIPDined on 6/26/2014The unobstructed view of the Tetons is spectacular. The appetizers are mouth-watering and the signature Elk Tips simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view and great foodsuziqVIPDined on 6/21/2014The elk is very tender and the view was well worth the cost. Great service and food was the best meal we had on vacation. Entertainment in the lounge was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great restaurantkanwilliam88Dined on 6/17/2014When I book the restaurant, I have no idea it was on the mountain. The view is just gorgeous. The food is good. Chicken was well cooked, so as the salmon. You should try this restaurant in Jackson of you are staying in Yellow Stone. It would be a nice meal to end up your day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The granary came highly recommended by a friend and was the highlight of our visit to Jackson Hole. it was a bit pricey but worth every penny. The food and the view are amazing. Eating at The Granary is a must do when visiting Jackson Hole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I shall return...SEC45Dined on 6/17/201422 years ago my wife and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary at the Granary at the recommendation of a local of Jackson. On our return to the Tetons to celebrate 25, we knew the Granary would be part of it! We sat at the same table with a beautiful view of the cathedral group, though clouds obscured them some. The food was fabulous, service excellent-attentive but not pushy or rushed, and the ambiance wonderful. It wasn't a dinner out but an experience or event! I (we) shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Father's DaymuffnjeffVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our visit to the Granary coincided with our last evening in Jackson WY and Father's Day , so we were hoping for a wonderful dining experience. The Granary exceeded our expectations: the food was as exquisite as the view from our window table. We both enjoyed the specialty of the house: elk tenderloin, which was prepared with a light dusting of Cajun seasoning. The seasoning sounded unusual but was perfect for the tender, medium rare steaks. Who knew elk was so delicious? Desserts were special, and we loved the house-made raspberry peach sauce on our ice cream. Our server, Lou Lou was attentive, friendly and informative. The Granary left us with wonderful memories.Special Features:
- Great get awayeating4funDined on 6/14/2014We ask for a window view of the Tetons and our table couldn't have been better. This restaurant is located on top of mountain across from Teton Mountain Range in Jackson Wyoming. It is beautiful. The food is great, very tasteful and service was wonderful. Steak and Elk Steak was tender, house salad great, homemade soup tasteful.Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the The Granary Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great vacation memoryBigdogDined on 6/1/2014We went to the Granary for the view and were pleased that the food and service were worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food With A Awesome View!MuffinVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had an excellent time at the Granary. We purchased a Local's Special, which included one night's stay at a Spring Creek condo, dinner for two at the Granary, and breakfast for two at the Granary. It was very nice on all levels. Our server, Lou Lou, was very helpful with entre selections and delivering excellent service. I had the elk medallions, which were excellent. If there's one thing the Granary has that trumps other restaurants, it's the view. The view from this restaurant is spectacular. All in all, you can't really lose at this restaurant. Breakfast was also very good. Stacey took care of us in the morning. He was excellent, as was the trout and eggs, which I believe to be the best breakfast in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.