The Granary Restaurant
1800 Spirit Dance Road
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Granary Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.springcreekranch.com/Granary/Default.aspx
- Phone: 307-732-8112
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Wednesday Continental only 7:00am to 11:00am, Thursday through Sunday Full Breakfast 7:00am to 11:00am. Lunch Saturday 12:00pm to 2:00pm. Dinner Wednesday through Saturday 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Lounge open Wednesday through Saturday 4:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Mitchell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Spring Creek Ranch along with the Granary Restaurant will cater functions, weddings, intimate dinner or special events in one of our private condominiums or Mountain Villas as well as in the Jackson Hole area.
- Private Party Facilities: Guests are able to buyout the restaurant for events, Weddings, or private dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Wes Clarke 307-732-8116
- Entertainment: Jazz Thursday nights (summer only) Jazz on Friday nights year round Piano on Saturday nights year round New Years Eve Jazz ensemble Entertainment on special evenings
A word from The Granary Restaurant
The Granary is a fine dining restuarnt in the heart of Jackson Hole, with the finest views of the mountains in the valley. Located within the resort Spring Creek Ranch 1000 feet above the valley floor. The Granary features a regional western cuisine with a french flare. Award winning wine list. Live entertainment with Jazz on Friday nights. No reservations needed for breakfast, unless party larger than 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Granary Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
The Granary Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (57)special occasion (39)romantic (31)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Teton DelightTexDinerDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I had dinner here while in Jackson on 8/27. Capacity of the restaurant is fairly small so noise is to a minimum which adds to the quaint feel of the experience. The views are without comparison here as you are located on top of a ridge with exceptional views of the Tetons and the valley below. My wife had the grilled chicken and I had the bison ribeye. Both were well prepared and presented well. Desert included a flour less chocolate tart which was great. Service was very good and not overbearing as some places can be. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The views are spectacular & the service & wine list are fantastic, but the food was only so so. Maybe we just caught them on a bad night. The calamari tasted stale (as in not just chewey but had a freezer burnt flavor to it) and came out in a big pile of breading that fell off. My father specifically asked if the medium bison steak would have any charring or burnt flavor and he was told it would not. When the steaks arrived, both his & mine (MR) had charred grill marks. The sides were quite good, and dessert was too. Overall tho, for the price, I'd not recommend this place for dinner.Special Features:
- PaisleyVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has outstanding food, a great view, and music in the bar that is very relaxing. A wide variety menu to suit anyone.Special Features:
- Best views in Jackson HoleDedicatedVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is the most scenic place here. Food is acceptable and drinks are good. View from the bar is great but if you can sit in the deck (in summer), the views are overwhelming. Recommended.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewMARTYVIPDined on 8/15/2014Upon entering the restaurant that we had made reservations at I had requested a window view. I also indicated it was our anniversary. MARTA the "hostess with the LEAST mostest" should be FIRED!!!!!! She was very rude,I said we had requested a window view, her retort was FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. This is the way a very well respected restaurant treats their customers? There was a window table available but they would not budge. The food was good. But for the rudeness we incountered we would not return. We also AGAIN ask that the General Manager FIRE MARTA!!!!!Special Features:
- What a view!Montanavisitor1789Dined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner and the view can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW What a ViewBrooklynBobVIPDined on 8/12/2014The views from the upstairs bar and the downstairs dining room are to die for. But,you must get a table next to the windows. Specify that when you make your reservation. The food is creative and excellent. Our server Bekah was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the WorldtravelingfoolsDined on 8/11/2014If you want a spectacular view of the Tetons and the valley below, this is the spot. It is a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of summer craziness in downtown Jackson. The food is great and the service, pleasant and attentive. This will be a place that we will come back to on return visits to this area.Special Features:
- A perfect family gathering.TinCanNomadDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I have dined here many times, and we always stay at the bar to eat and watch the sunset over the Tetons. Our adult children and grandchildren joined us this time, and we were treated to the sane spectacular view from the dining room. The staff was extremely accommodating, making sure we had room for the family and little ones. Our waiter was very attentive and everything came out perfectly. The Bison a Ribeye didn't wow me, but it was pretty good. One thing not to miss: the cheese plate (appetizer), it is consistently very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 8/6/2014We were staying in the Teton village area for just a few nights and we're looking for a restaurant with a nice variety of the local game. The dishes were simply amazing, my daughter can't stop raving about the game pasta. Our other daughter ordered the elk tenderloin, chef recommended medium rare and she loved it. My husband ordered the bison which was delicious and I ordered the Idaho trout, not over cooked and very tasty. We sampled each other's food and all agreed that the restaurant hit the mark. Our waiter was affable and attentive. He was good natured and pleasant. Overall a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views, views, viewsNapken3Dined on 7/31/2014The windows at this restaurant give you dining experience that's hard to beat. The food is good and well portioned with attentive service. The road to get to the restaurant will test your driving skills a bit especially if you've had one wine too many.Special Features:
- Met expectationsVirgoDined on 7/27/2014The gorgeous view would have been reason enough to enjoy the experience but the food was excellent and our server was knowledgeable about the menu and helpful with our selections. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceNellieDined on 7/25/2014We got a table by the window so got to see a great view of the mountains. The service was excellent. After reading other reviews I suggested to my husband to have them cook the buffalo rib eye steak less than his usual medium well done for beef since it is leaner. He went for medium rare and said it was perfect. I ordered the salmon and it was delicious. It had a nice butter crust on it. The manager Bryon went around to every table and chatted for a few minutes so we felt very welcomed. There was a live jazz band playing upstairs in the bar. I am not a fan of jazz but they sounded pretty good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Fantastic ViewWyominghighDined on 7/24/2014The Granary, which operates as part of Spring Creek Ranch, is a great spot for a special dinner or just a wonderful night out. The view of the Grand Tetons is incomparable, and the food is outstanding to boot. There's nothing not to like!!Special Features:
- Excellent View But Average QualityGlenDined on 7/23/2014If you want an excellent view of the Tetons then this is the place to go. However the food was just average. I had the chicken dish and the portion was very small and there was no creativity in the taste of the main course. My wife had the trout and it was also lacking in flavor. The Caesar salad was good and the cheese cake was very good but the portion was tiny.Special Features:
- Nice view - okay foodLouisvilleDined on 7/20/2014The view was nice, but the food is over priced for the quality. While my elk tenderloin was good, my husband's bison steak was gamey tasting. I did not like their specialty margarita at all.Special Features:
- DanimalDined on 7/12/2014Best meal of our trip. Everything was great. Will go again when in town.Special Features:
- Good experiencealpineDined on 7/12/2014Food is good but not outstanding. Great atmosphere and view. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wild Game DishesretiredlocalDined on 7/12/2014We shared The Cheese plate appetizer, followed by the Caesar salad. The Cheese plate is enormous and very rich. It could easily be shared with 4 people. For main course my wife chose the special Venison Chops with sour cherry sauce and I had the wild game pasta. Both were outstanding. I think the pasta was the perfect balance of flavors without being overwhelming. We had a bottle of Rosenblum Zinfandel from the good wine list. There were many reasonably priced wines. Dessert was The Passion-fruit and coconut creme brulee and the bread pudding with coffee ice cream. The whole meal with wine and tip was $165 which is very modest by Jackson standards for this level of restaurant. Ask for a table by the window to take in the Tetons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrispenDined on 7/8/2014Wonderful location; nice atmosphere; wonderful staff. Many are from Eastern Europe and work at the Granary in the summer. They are delightful people, students mostly, and we applaud the program which brings them to this country for the summer. The view is sublime and is, of course, a major reason why one goes to Jackson. The positioning of the Granary is perfect for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view, terrible food.LaFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I went to The Granary because of good reviews. As noted by others, the view is second to none. You have a fully unobstructed view of the Teton Range. The decor of the restaurant itself is ok. The service was fine. The bread was average if you like black olives. The caesar salad was ok, but it had very little dressing on it. On the recommendation of our server, I ordered the pork chop and my wife ordered the salmon. I immediately noticed that the pork was tough when I tried to cut into it. The flavor, however, was terrible. It had a very thick crust of mustard seeds that were terribly overpowering. I couldn't eat it. My wife's salmon had a decent flavor, but it was overcooked and ridiculously small. We left.Special Features:
- Granary OutstandingclanlechDined on 7/4/2014Granary will please you in every way: perfectly prepared and creative food, incredible scenery and wonderful service!Special Features:
- SpectacularMattVIPDined on 6/26/2014The unobstructed view of the Tetons is spectacular. The appetizers are mouth-watering and the signature Elk Tips simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view and great foodsuziqVIPDined on 6/21/2014The elk is very tender and the view was well worth the cost. Great service and food was the best meal we had on vacation. Entertainment in the lounge was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great restaurantkanwilliam88Dined on 6/17/2014When I book the restaurant, I have no idea it was on the mountain. The view is just gorgeous. The food is good. Chicken was well cooked, so as the salmon. You should try this restaurant in Jackson of you are staying in Yellow Stone. It would be a nice meal to end up your day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The granary came highly recommended by a friend and was the highlight of our visit to Jackson Hole. it was a bit pricey but worth every penny. The food and the view are amazing. Eating at The Granary is a must do when visiting Jackson Hole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I shall return...SEC45Dined on 6/17/201422 years ago my wife and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary at the Granary at the recommendation of a local of Jackson. On our return to the Tetons to celebrate 25, we knew the Granary would be part of it! We sat at the same table with a beautiful view of the cathedral group, though clouds obscured them some. The food was fabulous, service excellent-attentive but not pushy or rushed, and the ambiance wonderful. It wasn't a dinner out but an experience or event! I (we) shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Father's DaymuffnjeffVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our visit to the Granary coincided with our last evening in Jackson WY and Father's Day , so we were hoping for a wonderful dining experience. The Granary exceeded our expectations: the food was as exquisite as the view from our window table. We both enjoyed the specialty of the house: elk tenderloin, which was prepared with a light dusting of Cajun seasoning. The seasoning sounded unusual but was perfect for the tender, medium rare steaks. Who knew elk was so delicious? Desserts were special, and we loved the house-made raspberry peach sauce on our ice cream. Our server, Lou Lou was attentive, friendly and informative. The Granary left us with wonderful memories.Special Features:
- Great get awayeating4funDined on 6/14/2014We ask for a window view of the Tetons and our table couldn't have been better. This restaurant is located on top of mountain across from Teton Mountain Range in Jackson Wyoming. It is beautiful. The food is great, very tasteful and service was wonderful. Steak and Elk Steak was tender, house salad great, homemade soup tasteful.Special Features:
- Great vacation memoryBigdogDined on 6/1/2014We went to the Granary for the view and were pleased that the food and service were worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food With A Awesome View!MuffinVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had an excellent time at the Granary. We purchased a Local's Special, which included one night's stay at a Spring Creek condo, dinner for two at the Granary, and breakfast for two at the Granary. It was very nice on all levels. Our server, Lou Lou, was very helpful with entre selections and delivering excellent service. I had the elk medallions, which were excellent. If there's one thing the Granary has that trumps other restaurants, it's the view. The view from this restaurant is spectacular. All in all, you can't really lose at this restaurant. Breakfast was also very good. Stacey took care of us in the morning. He was excellent, as was the trout and eggs, which I believe to be the best breakfast in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing entresGreat4lunchDined on 5/29/2014Three of my friends thought their elk was too salty. Another friend found her ribeye to be too tough to eat. I tried it and agreed with her. My trout was delicious but 4 of the 6 entries were not worthy of this restaurant's reputation.Special Features:
- Stunning location, superb foodStMaDined on 5/25/2014Located 1000 ft above the town of Jackson the dining room enjoys wonderful views of the Grand Tetons and the valley below. The food is extremely well prepared and presented. Recommended by a long-time resident of Jackson Hole as one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Food with a view!666mafia1in1the1mountainsDined on 5/24/2014We ate lunch here on a Saturday. The food was great. The service was great as well. Fabulous blue sky view of the Tetons and the valley. Reasonable price for the venue. Will definitely go again. Great experience.Special Features:
- Granary was a nice surprisesjs57VIPDined on 5/23/2014We stopped in the bar for a drink and enjoyed the view and two well-prepared martinis. Got a lovely table for dinner and had the best calamari!! Our main courses were both somewhat over cooked which was unfortunate as the prep was tasty. Perhaps next time thst will improve. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointing.zekeDined on 5/23/2014The view at the Granary is unsurpassed. Unfortunately, the food is very good but not great and it's expensive. This is the second time we've had to send back an overcooked steak! Also unfortunately, the service is OK but the waiters never smile and seem to busy to be friendly. Either go to the Granary for before dinner drinks to enjoy the view then dine elsewhere or, if you dine here, eat in the bar where the service is friendlier.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014too loud--my meal not that great--waiter too busy to serve well.
- A superior spotDelighted01Dined on 5/16/2014It is a splendid dining restaurant and so much more. The scenery is spectacular and the service is both unobtrusive and first class. The food itself is first class also and we have eaten in top rated restaurants world wide. We were a group of four and between us have travelled for many years world wide, both for work and leisure. It will be our pleasure to revisit the Granary, often we hope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!bobfinkDined on 5/15/2014Three breakfasts and one dinner for our party of four. I can't say we tried every menu item, but we put a considerable dent in it, and each one was splendid. Service was magnificent. A prior reviewer was not quite effusive enough. Stacey is not only a jewel, he is a treasure, and Chris was every bit as good at dinner. The view of the valley below from the window seats is simply breathtaking. If you're not lucky enough to be staying at the ranch, make The Granary a destination. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granary Restaurant delightful!!GourmandDined on 5/15/2014As we watched the sun setting behind the mountains, we couldn't help but fall in love with the gorgeous view. Inside the restaurant, one couldn't miss the friendliness of the staff and the wonderful service. We were never rushed to make descisions, fun hearing all about the wonderful menu and when we decided what to order each course was served with perfection. We chose to share calamari for our appetizer...large portion, we could have given some to the next table but didn't as it was so delicious we munched them all! Fresh and nicely arranged salad. One steak done exactly right and ooooo so tender...one steak not rare enough...more medium:( Scrumptious desserts! A lovely evening and meal.Special Features: