624 Long Point Rd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegranarycharleston.com/
- Phone: 8432163830x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brannon Florie, chef-owner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Granary
Under executive chef and owner Brannon Florie, The Granary features a locally-focused menu that celebrates the Lowcountry’s abundant resources. Inspired by Florie’s roots and time spent at Lowcountry farms with family, The Granary embodies the spirit and camaraderie fostered between South Carolina farmers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
The Granary - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
The Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (37)good for groups (30)great for brunch (25)romantic (20)notable wine list (17)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Favorite in Mt Pleasant!AnotherHappyExperienceDined on 9/28/2014My husband is very picky about his food and this is by far his absolute favorite in Mt Pleasant. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLisarichDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed the charcuterie tray and cheese tray for an appetizer, the service was friendly and very attentive. I had the duck two ways and it was very tasty and my boyfriend had the brisket and it was very tasty as well.Special Features:
- AngelAngelDined on 9/25/2014Had a group of 6 with reservations several nights ago. We were promptly seated & were greeted by our server. We ordered wine & cocktails that came immediately. Ordered a charcuterie plate & a cheese plate that we devoured---both were superb. Then placed our main course order----and waited & waited---one hour for those dishes to arrive. We do not blame the server for this problem as she kept coming back to the table to let us know that the orders would be coming out soon. The kitchen must have been overwhelmed that evening. It was a Thurs.??? Bottom line, the food (once we got it) was excellent. Did they hold our orders to get us to order more wine & cocktails$$$ if that was the case, they succeeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014This place has awesome local food and great service.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome food and even better drinks. Our waiter is new in town but was already on point. Top notch service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- FarmmeetsmouthDined on 9/19/2014This is the 3rd time we have come to The Granary, it's one of our favorite places in town. We love the pork chop and duck. Excellent portion sizes and bold Flavor. Service was very slow this time however they took care of u because of it. Really good customer service, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops our listDiblesDined on 9/15/2014Best dining experience in our two-week stay in Charleston area. Charcuterie is a must! Smoked pork chop is unique and incredibly flavorful. Everything we ordered was a tastebud delight. Add to that a knowledgeable and engaging server and you have a great farm-to-table dinner.Special Features:
- Fresh and fantasticUofDVIPDined on 9/13/2014I dined here during restaurant week. I am usually a little leery about trying a new place during restaurant week because it seems as if restaurants don't really serve up their top dishes on the abbreviated menu. This was it the case with The Granery. Everything we had -- from the charcuterie, the scallops, the duck, the drinks and desert --- was fantastic. The service was great as well. This is definitely on my top 5 list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved!JenGDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Decor was rustic chic. Nice to not have to drive downtown for great food. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food at The GranaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went on a Saturday for dinner during restaurant week. The food was outstanding. I had the fried rice with pork cheeks for my first course. The balance of the flavors on the plate was almost perfect. The large cuts of pork cheeks was done in a sous vide, so it came out not very chewy nor tough. My second course was smoked duck with the turnip puree. Duck was cooked perfect, not too greasy as duck tends to be. Finally for dessert I had the banana bread with a scoop of bourbon ice cream. This really sealed the deal for me. Being restaurant week, my entrees were not part of the regular menu. Hopefully they make it so.Special Features:
- Creative and OutstandingSneeFarmBobDined on 9/13/2014My wife had lunch here several months ago and loved it; this was my first time (dinner), and I loved it. The service was great; the waiter was professional (none of that kneeling at table-side and addressing us as "guys"). He was friendly, considerate, and knew the menu. The wine was excellent, but we felt the selection of vodka was limited (did not have Stolies or Absolute (probably misspelled by me). The food of course made up for that many times over. The items on the menu were creative and it was difficult to select "the one." My wife ordered the seafood and I had the brisket - both were outstanding! I will say it seemed a little over-priced; however I suspect we will continue to eat there because it is one of the very best!!!Special Features:
- A gem in Belle HallJammonDined on 9/13/2014Rarely do you expect to find world class cuisine in a shopping center. The Granary is one of those rare finds. Excellent use of local ingredients, in house preparation of all sauces, and delightful combinations. The dining room is spacious with wonderful windows allowing plenty of natural light. Service was cheerful and prompt. For a restaurant open only a few months, go soon as it is going to be famous and crowded.Special Features:
- FuNky LayoutChucktownFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Upon arrival, we were told that we could "wait at the bar" until our table was ready. Unfortunately, there's not a real bar and we never had anybody ask us what we wanted to drink. Thankfully, we were only waiting for about 10 minutes at this awkward raised "community table" toward the front of the restaurant. The dining isn't exactly private as you are often very close to the couple or table near you. Service was excellent and our food for restaurant week was very good. I do however wish that my "pairings" were actually full pours. A 1/3 of a beer isn't ideal for the thirsty folks who order the Charcuterie appetizer full of cured meats.Special Features:
- Tables for TwoMrLekayVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food and service was excellent. We went during restaurant week but ordered off the regular menu. Our only complaint is the seating arrangements for a couple. It is the typical long sofa type seat along the wall lined with little tables side by side. You are so close that you literally rub elbows with your neighbor. Also it makes it difficult to have a conversation. You can hear what every one next to you is saying ( even two tables down ) and they can surely hear you . While we were there several diners when shown to these tables asked to be moved but were very politely refused.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Self ConsciousSiriusDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant is obviously trying had to achieve a special character, but it comes off as fairly routine--borrowing menu and presentation ideas from here and there. The menu, the food, the drinks, and the service are all acceptable, and the exceptionally high noise level seems to be by design, but nothing is truly distinctive. There seems to be a pretty energetic clientele, and so perhaps it will all come together soon.Special Features:
- Small Plates ExceptionalSandyBDined on 9/8/2014The small plates are exceptional! I almost always have at least two for my dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Restaurant Week standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Went during Restaurant week after hearing about great apps & wine. Impressed with menu, but food didn't meet expectations - esp. for restaurant week when everyone is putting out thier signature dishes. Food was way over or under salted, main course of Cioppino was bland-hard to make Cioppino bland, but they did. Broth had no seasoning. They offered us another option when we complained, the manager delivered the replacment and explaned how Cioppino was made & it was intended to be served that way. Banana bread dessert was not just slighty burnt, but charred & inedible. Waitress was awesome though! We consider ourselves foodies and were just disappointed with execution & qulity of food. Besdies- who serves Charcuterie with out paired cheeses!
- Never Fails - Always Fantastic!CCrompVIPDined on 9/6/2014Brannon and his staff at The Granary do an excellent job preparing each dish on the menu. For Restaurant Week, they had a wonderful menu with generous portions. Always delicious and always unique in food presentation.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our visit, our server was very polite and pleasant. The dishes seem to come out from the kitchen slow and often our wine pairing was present well before the dish. My husband ordered the Ciopinno and felt he needed some pasta, the dish did not fill him up. My smoked duck was wonderful, as was the charcuterie. The only problem with the appetizer was the crispy bread was more chewy then crispy. It was a pleasant first experience.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!SaltysailorDined on 9/6/2014Our group of 3 tried the Granary for the first time during restaurant week. The 3 for $30 was perfect for sampling several appetizers and entres, and we opted for the wine/beer pairings with each course. Charcuterie, a specialty of the house, was a big hit with the table. However, the citrusy beer paired with it was not good. Smoked duck, beef brisket and cioppino were all excellent, and had nice, creative veggie sides. The Snickers Bar dessert was sinfully good. Service was crisp and professional. Will definitelly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite SpotScgirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014First time diners but it won't be our last. Very impressed with the variety of the menu with interesting small plates and entrees. Servers were very knowledgable about the menu as well as dish preparation. The NC catfish dish was fabulous as well as the banana bread dessert. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees took over an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014We had a reservation at 7:00pm and once seated, it took about 10 minutes for someone to approach. We ordered dinner and our appetizers too a while but nothing that concerned us. They were very good. We ordered drinks which took awhile to get also. The service was extremely slow the entire meal. We waited over an hour to get our entrees after appetizers. While waiting most of us had no drinks. No one ever apologized for how long the meal was taking or explained. When we finally got dinner around 9:20pm (2 hours after sitting), it was obvious some of the food sat in the window for awhile and was chewy. We left at almost 10:00pm. I expect a 3 hour meal when having wine pairings, 5 course menus, etc but not for this place.
- Okay PlaceLorenzoDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I went to this restaurant to have a nice evening meal. We did full course with appetizers, wine, entrees, and desserts. The server was attentive and helpful with the menu. Food quality was all right but not exceptional. I don't know that we would go again.
- So goodHlm2882Dined on 8/30/2014This was a last minute supper and find on Open Table based on location. The reviews looked good but we were very impressed by service and food it was a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Average, nothing specialFishyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Upon arriving our hostess said because of our party was not there we would have to wait at the bar, even though there were numerous open tables available. The hostess knew we were upset by this and did nothing about it. To add insult to injury there was no bar tender. We were never blessed with his presence. The waitress was nice and well informed. My daughter had to chase her into the kitchen to get her attention. Once found she did clear up the issue. I ordered duck. Huge mistake. DO NOT ORDER the duck. Undercooked and rubbery. Lots and lots of choices of restaurants in Charleston area. Wonder how long this average restaurant will survive.Special Features:
- Just OKdiningaroundcharlestonDined on 8/30/2014We have dined at The Granary before and were a bit hesitant to do so again since our experiences have been hit or miss. Our most recent visit was no different. We selected several small plates to share and almost half of them came out cold. We sent one back since it was far from even tepid. The restaurant wasn't busy and there seemed no excuse for this. The gentleman who brought our "recook" (his words, not mine), item said that he would be back to see how things were and we never saw him again. The item was OK, but not great. Service was good, but all in, with tip, our "samplings" were over $80.00. We won't be rushing back there any time soon.
- Great MtP find!LetosheirDined on 8/30/2014Just a great place for great meal in Mt. Pleasant. Another reason to not go eat downtown in Charleston. They have a nice small plate menu, we enjoyed sharing the charcuterie plate first. This is a must do, the meat choices change and are made in house. Then the Bibb salad & quinoa salad were equally delicious with fresh vegetables & dressings. The entree menu also has many great choices, we decided on the hanger steak, smoked pok chop and side of pommels frites. The pork chop was fantastic, large, grilled right and had a nice smokey flavor. We really enjoyed our dinner and would recommend the Granary to others. We will definitely go back. Oh and you must have a Moscow mule, best drink ever.Special Features:
- Always a great experiencejdubbs79Dined on 8/29/2014The Granary never disappoints. The menu is always being updated to feature seasonal produce so there's always something new to try, but i'm also happy to see the duck confit small plate has stayed on there from the beginning. It's a great place to either grab something quick, or settle in and have a three course meal. The draft beers are all local which is definitely a bonus, and the wine and cocktail list have something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicecutigerrnDined on 8/27/2014The food at the Granary was pretty good. The Charcuterie was excellent, as were the pommes frites. I had the Cioppino for my entree, which turned out to be a bit rich/acidic for my tastes, but good overall. My fiancee had the short-rib which I tasted and was incredibly tender and delicious. The service was really what shined brightest, and our waiter was fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LindsayDined on 8/24/2014Amazing food and great service- what a fantastic find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Credit card required to hold reservOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and so was service. Hostess rushed us to our table as the group of six of us were gathering at bar. My complaint is that I had to give a credit card info over phone to hold a reservation for six. They were going to charge me if I cancelled within 24 hours. This group has dined monthly at every restaurant in charleston and have never had to do this to my knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday spot!BessthecatDined on 8/19/2014I recently took someone to the granary for their birthday. Every aspect of the night was great. I would highly recommend the pork belly that comes over grits and a fried eggs. I have been craving more ever since! Really enjoyed that they had a wonderful dessert list to choose from for a birthday treat! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NanypopVIPDined on 8/19/2014Second time here and the food was amazing, especially the short ribs and truffle fries! They also had great cocktails. Tried a Moscow Mule for the first time and it is my new favorite. Aaron helped us and he was very friendly and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:
- disasterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Another excellent dinner at the Granery . The menu is not huge but the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!UgafanDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife and another couple from out of town out to dinner here Friday night. Was a little Leary because of its location in a shopping center, but we decided to give it a shot. Food was absolutely fantastic. You could literally taste how fresh all the vegetables were. I had the cat fish which was delicious, and the others had steak, a flat bread pizza, and the wreck fish special. Everyone raves about their food. The service was great, as was the ambience. We'll definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebTDined on 8/15/2014our waiter was very well informed and was a tremendous help since this was our first time. Loved the cheeses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchHoffDined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious and not disappointing. It was packed for brunch so I'm glad we had reservations. The french toast was the most popular item being ordered but it didn't look that amazing unless the the syrup was the key point. I had duck and waffles. The duck was juicy and the skin so crispy and fantastic. My husband had the huevos rancheros and it was delicious, couldn't taste much chicken but overall delcious flavor. We shared the truffle pomme frites and smoked ketchup which my husband ate and he never eats ketchup. He said it tasted like BBQ sauce. The place is very rustic and home like. 10.00 carafes of mimosas for brunch which is always a us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014! We love this little restaurant. The food is always wonderful and the service excellent,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!disteveDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great service. Hard to beat that combination and at a moderate price point. Wine selection is good and, once again, at moderate prices. The charcuterie plate is a highlight. It is part of what makes this place so interesting and fun.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal at The Granary!FoodLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014It was a great find. We started with the charcuterie plate which was a different and delicious choice as a starter. I had the pork chop which was probably the best I've had. It was moist and flavorful. My husband had the short ribs which were also very good. We finished with the banana bread, which is grilled banana bread drizzled with caramel and served with a scoop of caramel ice cream, and the coconut cake. Both were amazing. My husband had several gin and topic cocktails which were made with housemade tonic (the bartender came by to see how he liked them) and served with a slice of cucumber. He loved them. The waitstaff was impeccable - knowledgeable, attentive and served at exactly the right pace. We will definitely be back!Special Features: