624 Long Point Rd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegranarycharleston.com/
- Phone: 8432163830x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brannon Florie, chef-owner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Granary
Under executive chef and owner Brannon Florie, The Granary features a locally-focused menu that celebrates the Lowcountry’s abundant resources. Inspired by Florie’s roots and time spent at Lowcountry farms with family, The Granary embodies the spirit and camaraderie fostered between South Carolina farmers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
The Granary - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
The Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (35)good for groups (25)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (20)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (14)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- So goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was a last minute supper and find on Open Table based on location. The reviews looked good but we were very impressed by service and food it was a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Average, nothing specialFishyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Upon arriving our hostess said because of our party was not there we would have to wait at the bar, even though there were numerous open tables available. The hostess knew we were upset by this and did nothing about it. To add insult to injury there was no bar tender. We were never blessed with his presence. The waitress was nice and well informed. My daughter had to chase her into the kitchen to get her attention. Once found she did clear up the issue. I ordered duck. Huge mistake. DO NOT ORDER the duck. Undercooked and rubbery. Lots and lots of choices of restaurants in Charleston area. Wonder how long this average restaurant will survive.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have dined at The Granary before and were a bit hesitant to do so again since our experiences have been hit or miss. Our most recent visit was no different. We selected several small plates to share and almost half of them came out cold. We sent one back since it was far from even tepid. The restaurant wasn't busy and there seemed no excuse for this. The gentleman who brought our "recook" (his words, not mine), item said that he would be back to see how things were and we never saw him again. The item was OK, but not great. Service was good, but all in, with tip, our "samplings" were over $80.00. We won't be rushing back there any time soon.
- Great MtP find!LetosheirDined on 8/30/2014Just a great place for great meal in Mt. Pleasant. Another reason to not go eat downtown in Charleston. They have a nice small plate menu, we enjoyed sharing the charcuterie plate first. This is a must do, the meat choices change and are made in house. Then the Bibb salad & quinoa salad were equally delicious with fresh vegetables & dressings. The entree menu also has many great choices, we decided on the hanger steak, smoked pok chop and side of pommels frites. The pork chop was fantastic, large, grilled right and had a nice smokey flavor. We really enjoyed our dinner and would recommend the Granary to others. We will definitely go back. Oh and you must have a Moscow mule, best drink ever.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The Granary never disappoints. The menu is always being updated to feature seasonal produce so there's always something new to try, but i'm also happy to see the duck confit small plate has stayed on there from the beginning. It's a great place to either grab something quick, or settle in and have a three course meal. The draft beers are all local which is definitely a bonus, and the wine and cocktail list have something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicecutigerrnDined on 8/27/2014The food at the Granary was pretty good. The Charcuterie was excellent, as were the pommes frites. I had the Cioppino for my entree, which turned out to be a bit rich/acidic for my tastes, but good overall. My fiancee had the short-rib which I tasted and was incredibly tender and delicious. The service was really what shined brightest, and our waiter was fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LindsayDined on 8/24/2014Amazing food and great service- what a fantastic find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Credit card required to hold reservOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and so was service. Hostess rushed us to our table as the group of six of us were gathering at bar. My complaint is that I had to give a credit card info over phone to hold a reservation for six. They were going to charge me if I cancelled within 24 hours. This group has dined monthly at every restaurant in charleston and have never had to do this to my knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday spot!BessthecatDined on 8/19/2014I recently took someone to the granary for their birthday. Every aspect of the night was great. I would highly recommend the pork belly that comes over grits and a fried eggs. I have been craving more ever since! Really enjoyed that they had a wonderful dessert list to choose from for a birthday treat! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NanypopVIPDined on 8/19/2014Second time here and the food was amazing, especially the short ribs and truffle fries! They also had great cocktails. Tried a Moscow Mule for the first time and it is my new favorite. Aaron helped us and he was very friendly and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:
- disasterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Another excellent dinner at the Granery . The menu is not huge but the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!UgafanDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife and another couple from out of town out to dinner here Friday night. Was a little Leary because of its location in a shopping center, but we decided to give it a shot. Food was absolutely fantastic. You could literally taste how fresh all the vegetables were. I had the cat fish which was delicious, and the others had steak, a flat bread pizza, and the wreck fish special. Everyone raves about their food. The service was great, as was the ambience. We'll definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebTDined on 8/15/2014our waiter was very well informed and was a tremendous help since this was our first time. Loved the cheeses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchHoffDined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious and not disappointing. It was packed for brunch so I'm glad we had reservations. The french toast was the most popular item being ordered but it didn't look that amazing unless the the syrup was the key point. I had duck and waffles. The duck was juicy and the skin so crispy and fantastic. My husband had the huevos rancheros and it was delicious, couldn't taste much chicken but overall delcious flavor. We shared the truffle pomme frites and smoked ketchup which my husband ate and he never eats ketchup. He said it tasted like BBQ sauce. The place is very rustic and home like. 10.00 carafes of mimosas for brunch which is always a us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014! We love this little restaurant. The food is always wonderful and the service excellent,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!disteveDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great service. Hard to beat that combination and at a moderate price point. Wine selection is good and, once again, at moderate prices. The charcuterie plate is a highlight. It is part of what makes this place so interesting and fun.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal at The Granary!FoodLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014It was a great find. We started with the charcuterie plate which was a different and delicious choice as a starter. I had the pork chop which was probably the best I've had. It was moist and flavorful. My husband had the short ribs which were also very good. We finished with the banana bread, which is grilled banana bread drizzled with caramel and served with a scoop of caramel ice cream, and the coconut cake. Both were amazing. My husband had several gin and topic cocktails which were made with housemade tonic (the bartender came by to see how he liked them) and served with a slice of cucumber. He loved them. The waitstaff was impeccable - knowledgeable, attentive and served at exactly the right pace. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- BrunchinGrayzerDined on 7/27/2014Was told to visit The Granary for brunch. I was not disappointing. Highly recommend anything with Pork Belly and the Shrimp and Grits were out of Out of Town! Our Server was fantastic...very polite and educated.Special Features:
- Still Raving About This PlacecjmurphyDined on 7/26/2014Four of us who live in Mt. Pleasant ate here for the first, but certainly not the last time. The waiter was very knowledgeable and proud of the fresh farm to table offerings, which change often based on the season and availability. We shared the Charcuterie Plate of cured meats which was just the right size and wonderful. Everyone loved their entrees which were generous and creative. Between us we had the duck, the hanger steak, the short rib and the fish of the day which was local grouper. We were all eating off each others' plates because it was all soooo good!! Cannot review dessert as we did not order any, but the cocktail, wine and beer selection is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecellent Restaurant214cdpDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful meal at the Granary, and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great foodRonnieDined on 7/25/2014We just dined at the Granary for the first time. Very good food and great service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good, but unremarkableImpressiveVIPDined on 7/25/2014While I'm a proponent of farm to table, I'm fatigued of the usual cuisine options (kale, beets, cauliflower iterations). The food is good, but again, nothing special. The service was friendly but we waited a considerable amount of time for entrees. Our server was apologetic and kept us updated of the wait and delay.Special Features:
- Yet to disappointkvw2014Dined on 7/25/2014This was my second dinner at Granary, and it did not disappoint. Every bite was delicious, and our server Cameron was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missing?RegularcustomerVIPDined on 7/24/2014My guest and I both ordered the cioppino which was described on the menu as having blue crab, shrimp, clams and mussels. While most of the ingredients were distinguishable, I was disappointed not to find any crab in the dish. Overall it was flavorful, just not as described on the menu.Special Features:
- Great addition to Belle HallJBrooksVIPDined on 7/24/2014Don't be put off by the shopping center location (as I was)-the food was fantastic and so were the cocktails. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite in Mt PleasantAnotherHappyExperienceDined on 7/23/2014A friend recommended The Granary and I'm thrilled she did. This will be our new "go to" restaurant whenever we're in Mt Pleasant. Our server was friendly, knowledgeably, and very attentive. My husband said the short ribs were the best he's had in a long time. You're in for a special treat at The Granary.Special Features:
- Very nice noshEly2charlestonDined on 7/18/2014Great food very well prepared and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDelightedDinersVIPDined on 7/14/2014We had a very nice time with very attentive service and great food. The ambience was quiet probably due to a slow evening. The farm to table approach of the restaurant is well executed. The flatbread we had was delicious. The chef varied the dish to our tastes with perfection. We selected two entrees that were perfectly prepared. One was duck two ways and the other was a braised short rib. We capped our meal off with a restaurant prepared chocolate pecan pie and local coffee, both quite enjoyable. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- So Good!Barnabus76VIPDined on 7/13/2014I have lived in Mt. Pleasant for 5 years, and this is the first time I tried this place since it opened. This is the best food, and service I have had in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!NikSDined on 7/11/2014The food, ambience & service were all fabulous! Our waiter, JJ, took the time to explain the items on the menu and made us feel very welcome. The food was so fresh and delicious, and also unique! Overall, a wonderful night and will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice casual restaurantNJVisitorsDined on 7/8/2014We had been to this restaurant when it was owned by others and operated under a different name; it was a good place then for a quick, casual meal. Now operating as The Granary, we found the food to be excellent in taste and preparation. Service was very good and the hosts could not have been more accommodating. We are very glad that we went back to this location to try out the new restaurant and surely will find ourselves there again in the not too distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchKPG1Dined on 7/6/2014Had a terrific brunch here this last weekend with great service! The short rib hash was delicious. The only disappointment was the charcuterie. For a place that is supposed to be dedicated to this it was a tad weak. I appreciate that they are making their own rather than purchasing it for others but they will have to step it up if they are going to compete with others in the charleston area. Otherwise, a fabulous experience. The banana bread dessert is one of the best things ever!Special Features:
- Meh - Tries to be downtownthadbmeDined on 7/3/2014I wanted to try this place due to the outstanding reviews of the charcuterie, and the prices looked right. Overall impression is it tries to be like a downtown restaurant at a bargain, but it doesn't provide the quality of the food nor the service that a downtown spot could provide. Overall for the price paid, I think I could have did better putting that money toward a fancier plate. The stuff we had was good, but nothing that I can put a finger on and say it was amazing (Charcuterie included). Service was a bit lacking as we ran out of water a few times, and there was a mixup when our appetizer / entrees could come. I would eat there again, but only if I was in the area.
- First time at The Granary = 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This place made me wish my palate was more educated. Great staff - we ordered 3 or 4 small plates and instead of just dumping it all on us at once they spaced it out in courses. Very crowded in a good way. My wife and I thought it was a great place for couples. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Find in Mt. PleasantJhirniDined on 6/28/2014Really no need to run to downtown Charleston for great food and drink. The Granary is just a brilliant combination of good food and drink. The service is perfect -- you won't be disappointed in the restaurant. Make sure you have a Moscow Mule -- made with their homemade ginger beer. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 6/23/2014Very good meats and fish and sides. Unusual for s shopping center.Special Features:
- Hid away in a strip malltthomp2Dined on 6/20/2014Wow, was very impressed with quality of food, particularly impressive was the presentations. We were visiting our niece who lives close by, they had been for brunch and happy hour. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- MLN65VIPDined on 6/16/2014We had very good dining experiences at the Granary four times before this last visit. The restaurant was so cold it felt like a meat locker and although the waiter was kind enough to turn up the AC temperature, it soon got cold again. The music was very loud and there was a big disconnect between the entree pricing (which we are more than willing to pay since the food is good) and the hard rock music. The restaurant itself was less than 1/2 full so our poor wait staff experience was totally unexcusable. We will not return until we hear that the service and ambiance has improved.Special Features:
- Good but not greatFoodloverDined on 6/16/2014We dined at the Granary the other evening as a party of four. I was looking forward to our meal, as I had enjoyed Brannon Florie's food at 17 N. previously. While dinner was pretty good, it did not live up to our expectations. Many dishes were extremely salty while others fell flat. We did really enjoy the charcuterie and cheese boards as well as the pork belly dish and clams. Service was pleasant, but very slow especially considering it was a Monday and the restaurant wasn't even half full. We will definitely give them another chance, but will probably wait awhile before doing so.Special Features:
- Brunch - too crowded for # of staffLindaDined on 6/15/2014Short staffed (hostess cleaning tables). Tables not cleared efficiently resulting in many groups waiting 30 minutes or more when they all had reservations. Have been here for dinner and was excellent. Brunch was just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.