624 Long Point Rd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegranarycharleston.com/
- Phone: (843) 216-3830
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brannon Florie, chef-owner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Granary
Under executive chef and owner Brannon Florie, The Granary features a locally-focused menu that celebrates the Lowcountry’s abundant resources. Inspired by Florie’s roots and time spent at Lowcountry farms with family, The Granary embodies the spirit and camaraderie fostered between South Carolina farmers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
The Granary - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
The Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (36)good for groups (35)great for brunch (30)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (17)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- An Esoteric Food ExperienceDrNoDined on 11/24/2014The Granary is a great place to go to fill that need to expand our culinary horizons. Few if any options on the menu are "normal". Just when you think you have found a menu item you think you might like the details change you mind. It truly is a cutting edge expression of the chefs expertise. All items where created to perfection, even the fried duck wings, yes duck. No hamburger on the menu.Special Features:
- Great new find!AndyDined on 11/22/2014Booked date night as we had not tried the Granary yet. The interior was nice, dim lighting and a moderate noise level that allowed you to actually talk. The server was very knowledgeable about the resturants mission and menu. The menu is updated weekley so there's always a good chance you will get a great new selection. The wine list was good, menu had something for everyone. A little pricy for a neighborhood gem but worth the price. So we will go monthly instead of bi-Weekley. The only complaint I had was towards the end the service slowed. We waited an uncomfortable time for a desert menu and again for the check. But overall this will be on our list of go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Impression: Why Didn't We Come Here SoonerGatorDASDined on 11/22/2014Excellent food, beverages, and service. The menu is not very large, but refined with a selection of dishes that compliment each other while providing a nice variety from land and sea. All of the food was delicious, including the Charcuterie as our shared appetizer, but it was our server who pushed the experience over the top. Cameron was well versed with the menu, and his explanations and recommendations along with his wit and timely attention made our visit to The Granary exceptional. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Not Great ValueWoodyiDined on 11/21/2014It's a great restaurant with an innovative menu but we've always felt the menu options were a bit overpriced for a restaurant in a strip mall. We like what they are doing but we can't justify going frequently because our bill is too expensive. We hope they continue to make delicious food but it will have to be on our infrequent restaurant list. You can find better value elsewhere especially considering Charleston has so many options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Everything I've eaten here has been excellent! The brussel sprouts are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and servicedisasterVIPDined on 11/13/2014wonderful food and service, and we have been there at least six times. the staff pays great attention to the food allergy on the part of one member of our family, which cannot be said about every restaurant in Charleston. JJ is a very valuable ember of the team at The Granary. Just a setting in a shopping center but a really fine experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPPainDined on 11/11/2014Went in with a group of 4. We ordered 4 small plates, charcuterie and a round of cocktails to start. Everything prepared perfectly. next we moved on to wine and entrees. I chose the short rib. It was prepared boneless over collards and grits. The shortrib itself was just a slightly bit dryer than what I expected but was overall delicious. I've never had better grits or collard greens in my life. The server (heat seeker) helped us decide on 2 bottles of wine to go with our meal. Everything was top notch. The only knock I would give to service is that he almost forgot our kale salad and did not explain the charcuterie board when it arrived. Overall I would highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014We have only done brunch here and having said that, this is One of the better places in the Chas. peninsula/ Mt Pleasant area to have a good Sunday brunch! Service is good, the food is great! The grits is to die for! Kids have a pretty good selection in the brunch menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost, But Not Quite Perfect...SandyBVIPDined on 11/2/2014One of my favorite places to eat dinner is The Granary, but I had never been to brunch until this past Sunday. My husband and I invited another couple who had never been before, and they loved it, as well. While the food was tasty, the waffles were a bit cold and dry. Had it not been for the succulent toppings, I would have sent mine back. Yet one taste of the toppings had me convinced I couldn't have my plate taken away. My only suggestion is that more attention be paid to the waffles' temperature!Special Features:
- Almost perfect, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I visited the Granary after several websites recommended it. We really enjoyed the food and the mixed drink my wife ordered was superb. Our waiter was really attentive. Overall, a great experience. Just one snag- we arrived for our Open Table reservation and asked the hostess if we could sit at one of the empty booths, but she--without looking--stated the booths were "reserved." We ate our dinner and, as we were leaving, noticed all of the booths were still empty. The table at which we sat was fine, but no one explained how our reservation did not "qualify" us for booth dining. If there is some limitation to Open Table reservations (such as we cannot get a booth), I would have liked to know that.Special Features:
- Great experienceShmannie34Dined on 10/29/2014Great food, interesting menu, great service. Lots of good good choices and most ingredients locally sourced so menu changes often. Great portion sizes and small but nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second visitAltavistaDined on 10/29/2014All entrees well received...ribs, cioppino, hanger steak and catfish...better than expected. Portions do not over indulge, a plus. Bench wine by the glass good, but over priced at $12. This was first visit, parking readily available, mall off Long Point Rd, Mt P. Could actually have conversation across table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disasterVIPDined on 10/27/2014another great dinner.... without the hearing loss that accompanies many Charleston resturants we love it and have been there five times with many more to come. They do a great job taking care of food allergies too>Special Features:
- YumJenGDined on 10/24/2014Great drink menu and delicious food! Knowledgable staff and great decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY BRUNCHdebbiedinerDined on 10/19/2014We celebrated a girl friend's special birthday for Sunday brunch.She really enjoyed the meal and ambiance (it was her first time dining at the Granary. Server was polite and attentive to our party of five women, but not overbearing. Portions were generous and priced reasonably.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014was a little dark on the lighting. Charcuterie should be diner's choice, and include cheeses. but pretty good. Service was outstanding, and the place is great.Special Features:
- LAHHDined on 10/17/2014Overall good food however the $16 dollar cheese tray appetizer is way too pricey...waiter warned it was enough for 1 person however with the price of this we decided to share - mistake as there was very little there for the price....Special Features:
- Really nice dinnerdisasterVIPDined on 10/15/2014Less expensive than downtown but the food is just as good. Our fourth visit and we have decided we really like this place .Special Features:
- Never DissapointsCCrompVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always great food & great service! You need to eat here if you haven't been yet.Special Features:
- Extraordinary food, service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We live in Durham, NC, and there are lots of really great restaurants here. The Granary was uniquely enjoyable. The menu was creative, and for meat-guys, the kale salad and veggie flatbread were excellent! Really excellent! We loved The Granary and would go back often if we lived in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GranaryCversDined on 10/8/2014The Granary provided a wonderful experience for the celebration of our Wedding Anniversary. From their specialty cocktails (we enjoyed the Bourbon Float and Moscow Mule) to the Charcuterie Plate, Small Plate (especially enjoyed the Pork Belly on Grits topped with Fried Egg) and Entrees (my wife ordered the Fish Special and I the Smoked Porkchop), all the food was excellent. Our server was attentive, engaging and helpful in explains and offering recommendations. We enjoyed our dining experience at the Granary very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2014So very happy with our experience at The Granery. Our server, Cameron, was excellent. Dinner - kale salad, Bibb salad, hanger steak and smoked pork chop - could not be improved upon, and had been prepared and presented with care. Good wine options. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Fantastic Second Visitf00dieDined on 10/4/2014Really fantastic food combined with creativity & genuine warm service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TreatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Granary was recommended to us by a French person living in the neighborhood who especially liked their pate. We found the food to be hand-crafted, selections carefully thought out & appropriate for the season. The presentation was artful/colorful. The Duck dish was outstanding. Desserts excellent. We tried the Coconut Cake and Chocolate Pecan Pie.Special Features:
- Favorite in Mt Pleasant!AnotherHappyExperienceDined on 9/28/2014My husband is very picky about his food and this is by far his absolute favorite in Mt Pleasant. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLisarichDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed the charcuterie tray and cheese tray for an appetizer, the service was friendly and very attentive. I had the duck two ways and it was very tasty and my boyfriend had the brisket and it was very tasty as well.Special Features:
- AngelAngelDined on 9/25/2014Had a group of 6 with reservations several nights ago. We were promptly seated & were greeted by our server. We ordered wine & cocktails that came immediately. Ordered a charcuterie plate & a cheese plate that we devoured---both were superb. Then placed our main course order----and waited & waited---one hour for those dishes to arrive. We do not blame the server for this problem as she kept coming back to the table to let us know that the orders would be coming out soon. The kitchen must have been overwhelmed that evening. It was a Thurs.??? Bottom line, the food (once we got it) was excellent. Did they hold our orders to get us to order more wine & cocktails$$$ if that was the case, they succeeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014This place has awesome local food and great service.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome food and even better drinks. Our waiter is new in town but was already on point. Top notch service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- FarmmeetsmouthDined on 9/19/2014This is the 3rd time we have come to The Granary, it's one of our favorite places in town. We love the pork chop and duck. Excellent portion sizes and bold Flavor. Service was very slow this time however they took care of u because of it. Really good customer service, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops our listDiblesDined on 9/15/2014Best dining experience in our two-week stay in Charleston area. Charcuterie is a must! Smoked pork chop is unique and incredibly flavorful. Everything we ordered was a tastebud delight. Add to that a knowledgeable and engaging server and you have a great farm-to-table dinner.Special Features:
- Fresh and fantasticUofDVIPDined on 9/13/2014I dined here during restaurant week. I am usually a little leery about trying a new place during restaurant week because it seems as if restaurants don't really serve up their top dishes on the abbreviated menu. This was it the case with The Granery. Everything we had -- from the charcuterie, the scallops, the duck, the drinks and desert --- was fantastic. The service was great as well. This is definitely on my top 5 list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved!JenGDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Decor was rustic chic. Nice to not have to drive downtown for great food. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food at The GranaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went on a Saturday for dinner during restaurant week. The food was outstanding. I had the fried rice with pork cheeks for my first course. The balance of the flavors on the plate was almost perfect. The large cuts of pork cheeks was done in a sous vide, so it came out not very chewy nor tough. My second course was smoked duck with the turnip puree. Duck was cooked perfect, not too greasy as duck tends to be. Finally for dessert I had the banana bread with a scoop of bourbon ice cream. This really sealed the deal for me. Being restaurant week, my entrees were not part of the regular menu. Hopefully they make it so.Special Features:
- Creative and OutstandingSneeFarmBobDined on 9/13/2014My wife had lunch here several months ago and loved it; this was my first time (dinner), and I loved it. The service was great; the waiter was professional (none of that kneeling at table-side and addressing us as "guys"). He was friendly, considerate, and knew the menu. The wine was excellent, but we felt the selection of vodka was limited (did not have Stolies or Absolute (probably misspelled by me). The food of course made up for that many times over. The items on the menu were creative and it was difficult to select "the one." My wife ordered the seafood and I had the brisket - both were outstanding! I will say it seemed a little over-priced; however I suspect we will continue to eat there because it is one of the very best!!!Special Features:
- A gem in Belle HallJammonDined on 9/13/2014Rarely do you expect to find world class cuisine in a shopping center. The Granary is one of those rare finds. Excellent use of local ingredients, in house preparation of all sauces, and delightful combinations. The dining room is spacious with wonderful windows allowing plenty of natural light. Service was cheerful and prompt. For a restaurant open only a few months, go soon as it is going to be famous and crowded.Special Features:
- FuNky LayoutChucktownFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Upon arrival, we were told that we could "wait at the bar" until our table was ready. Unfortunately, there's not a real bar and we never had anybody ask us what we wanted to drink. Thankfully, we were only waiting for about 10 minutes at this awkward raised "community table" toward the front of the restaurant. The dining isn't exactly private as you are often very close to the couple or table near you. Service was excellent and our food for restaurant week was very good. I do however wish that my "pairings" were actually full pours. A 1/3 of a beer isn't ideal for the thirsty folks who order the Charcuterie appetizer full of cured meats.Special Features:
- Tables for TwoMrLekayVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food and service was excellent. We went during restaurant week but ordered off the regular menu. Our only complaint is the seating arrangements for a couple. It is the typical long sofa type seat along the wall lined with little tables side by side. You are so close that you literally rub elbows with your neighbor. Also it makes it difficult to have a conversation. You can hear what every one next to you is saying ( even two tables down ) and they can surely hear you . While we were there several diners when shown to these tables asked to be moved but were very politely refused.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Self ConsciousSiriusDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant is obviously trying had to achieve a special character, but it comes off as fairly routine--borrowing menu and presentation ideas from here and there. The menu, the food, the drinks, and the service are all acceptable, and the exceptionally high noise level seems to be by design, but nothing is truly distinctive. There seems to be a pretty energetic clientele, and so perhaps it will all come together soon.Special Features:
- Small Plates ExceptionalSandyBVIPDined on 9/8/2014The small plates are exceptional! I almost always have at least two for my dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.