The Good Fork - Morgan Hill
17340 Monterey Road
Morgan Hill, CA 95037Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Good Fork - Morgan Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegoodforkbistro.com/
- Phone: 4087793200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Suitable to our guests needs from 1-100.
A word from The Good Fork - Morgan Hill
The Good Fork is serving up California cuisine, featuring farm to table in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. We have a full bar with a lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
The Good Fork - Morgan Hill - Best Restaurants in Morgan Hill ›
The Good Fork - Morgan Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (17)romantic (13)good for groups (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food, excellent service. The Good Fork is a great neighborhood eatery with outside tables if you care to eat in the great outdoors. The staff is attentive to your needs and I should add, they have a great happy hour with very good appitizers if you like a small snack.Special Features:
- bbbbDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food, nice atmosphere. My wife enjoyed her entree so much (salmon) she ordered a 2nd one to go for the following day!Special Features:
- Good food, pricey, limited menu.Gilroydogbert1Dined on 8/22/2014The menu seemed a bit limited, but the salmon I had was very good. Prices seemed a bit high. Waiter was nice and did everything well except I had to ask 3 times for my change I needed to tip the bartender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/22/2014Waiter needs to be better trained. Appetizer: calamari was done well but by the time we got the wine it was cold. The waiter brought the wine glasses first. Disappeared and when he returned with the wine it was dumped into the wine glasses without even asking if we wanted the entire carafe. Bread was not provided which apparently was an oversight, until we asked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again...Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We took our parents out to dinner and everything was phenomenal!! The Good Fork has the best food and atmosphere for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mussels everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We think the sauce on the mussels is the best we've ever had, and we just ate mussels all over Italy on vacation. None could compare. Love the scallops here too. The duck is also great, as is the dressing on the organic mixed green salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieSofDined on 8/14/2014The portions are very small but what you get is very delicious. They do bring you bread with some oil and vinegar and my companion that is 6.5" and 250+ pounds had a few baskets of that and it seemed to satisfy him with the smaller meal. The service is lacking and I ordered coffee but they did not have any cream...why serve coffee is you don't have cream...that is what I was thinking. But I would go again and bring another foodie with me because they would really enjoy the flavors and the twist on everyday foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageTsjejjDined on 8/10/2014Food was OK but very slow service on our table. Nothing to complain about and nothing to rave about. Bit pricey for what it was. Stops hunger efficiently
- ServicetannyDined on 8/9/2014Our service in the pas has been excellent, but not so on Saturday.....the waitress had apparently just come in and was inattentive and not very good. I was disappointed as it was a birthday celebration.....again, this is not the norm for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightBobTheCornCobDined on 8/8/2014We arrived early for a 7 PM reservation on a Friday and were initially disappointed with our table because it was shoehorned in between two four-tops. However, we ended up making friends with our neighbors on either side and had a fantastic time socializing while we ate. We tried a variety of items from all parts of the menu and each one was delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with anything, though I was sad they no longer had the scallops and risotto that's been mentioned in other reviews. Our service was poor, though our server was very friendly. Shelly, the manager, saved the experience by pitching in frequently. Otherwise, I don't think we would have had as good a time as we did. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to step up . . .mhultsmanDined on 8/8/2014We dined on Friday with a few friends and it was disappointing enough that we likely will not return for a while. We were seated right away and our waiter was prompt in taking our drink orders and telling us about the specials. It went down hill from there. It took over 15 min to get our drinks and only after we flagged down another waiter to ask where they were. There appeared to be 1 bar tender on a busy Friday night - obviously that wasn't working. The bread and salad were delicious. A few people ordered the salmon and really enjoyed it. I ordered the fish special that was over cooked, dry and tasteless. I left half on the plate. Over all our friends liked their food.
- Wonderful!LC52VIPDined on 8/8/2014This was the best meal we have had in a long time . Every course we had was wonderful. The halibut was amazing . Service was great and everything came out in a timely manner. We will be back soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfecttwiggy1Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I love The Good Fork. We always order the fish or the chicken dinners. Duck and veal are not our thing however. The drinks are good. Everything that arrives at the table is tasty. The service is always good.Special Features:
- The Good Fork Never Fails...StormyDined on 8/2/2014Birthday dinner for my daughter...food was wonderful! Wait staff was so kind and very attentive...especially to my 4 year old grandson! We love the Good Fork and always go there for a special occasion or just an evening out. Kudos to Maurizio! It's wonderful to have such a great restaurant in Morgan Hill!Special Features:
- DisappointedLuvFrenchFoodDined on 7/29/2014The locavore concept and menu looked enticing, but the experience disappointing. My "more rare medium rare" burger came out well done with cold fries, and my partner's fish was bland. We went with a Byron Pinot, which took the waitress a while because she said the ones upstairs were too "hot because of where they were stored" so she had to go to the cellar. A very nice touch except for one thing -- our bottle was hot as well, leading me to conclude the cellar is not at the proper temperature. I have lived in Europe for a long time and typically the whites are served a bit warmer than in the US, and the reds a bit cooler, but hot is just wrong in my book. Service was great, so we will give the restaurant another try.
- Always GoodMHFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The Good fork offers a broad menu of good choices. A little on the noisy side, it is still a great place to grab a good meal in Morgan Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tender flatiron steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Shared the flat iron steak with a friend: very tender and tasty meat, nice use of arugula and tomatoes. Could have used a few fingerling potatoes. Started with the very good cucumber soup - cool on a hot day. Ended with vanilla ice cream "with berries", which consisted of two scoops of vanilla plus one sliced strawberry artfully placed on top. Hmm, skimpy on the fruit. Server was very chatty, but responded to our request for extra arugula, and also brought back the bread basket.Special Features:
- The only place in Morgan HillJeremyVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is our second visit, once for dinner and this one for lunch. Lunch was great. Always a great atmosphere. It was busy even at 2:30pm on a weekday, a very odd time for a crowd. That speaks to the food, the food is great, unique, local. Great for foodies and great evening atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experiencetwiggy1Dined on 7/2/2014My husband and I dined at the Good Fork 2x in 1 week. I loved the scallops and my husband really enjoyed the salmon. Jose was ourwaiter the first night and he was very attentive and took our rather complicated order in stride. The timing of the food was good. The drinks were very expensive but well made. The 2nd night I changed it up and had a yummy Boston Clam chowder soup for dinner and my husband had the fish special. Jill was our server and she was very attentive and again took our complicated order without a blink . This time however the kitchen was super slow. There were not a lot of people in the restaurant and a quick scan reveled no one had food either. The table in back remarked they must have gone out back to get his chicken.Special Features:
- First time and loved it.LizajaneVIPDined on 6/25/2014Love the layout and the large windows that open to the sidewalk. We had great service and the food was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceDivaGoddessDined on 6/22/2014Great, friendly service. The wait staff is a fantastic group. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and made ordering easier. The food is high quality and very fresh. I had the calamari and shrimp appetizer and the roasted beet salad. The salad is outstanding! The calamari and shrimp appetizer was cooked perfectly; however, it really lacked flavor - could have used at least a pinch of salt. Despite that, I enjoyed my meal and definitely will be returning.Special Features:
- EleanoreVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at The Good Fork several times. We have always enjoyed it and this time was no exception. The food was right on and the service was special. There was a lot noise on this occasion but the young people next to us were very nice and well mannered abd we did not mind the noise. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 156 reviews are from the The Good Fork - Morgan Hill reviews archive.
- Outstanding food and serviceSteveVIPDined on 6/20/2014The service has been fantastic since Shelly started managing the staff and the food just keeps getting better and better. One of our favorite!Special Features:
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014As always, we had an delicious meal and excellent service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An incredible night1NitPickerDined on 6/14/2014We were a party of four and 48 hours after our dining experience we are still raving about what a fabulous time we had at The Good Fork! Our server, Shelly, was amazing. She took care of us all night long...she was never intrusive, always there to meet our needs. The drinks were superb! Salads and an order of mussels preceded our entrees. Our bread basket was kept full. The main courses were wonderful - these included duck confit, scallops, sea bass and a grand pork chop. And the desserts (bread pudding and lemon pie creation) were tops. This is our new favorite restaurant. The weather that night was magical conspiring to make it a totally divine occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent food everytime!Love2eatDined on 6/13/2014The food is great, especially the salmon. Also, the desserts are divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Hampered by ServicejrlowDined on 6/7/2014Really enjoyed the food, very thorough menu descriptions for this "farm to table" restaurant. Every one of our party of 5 was pleased with their selection. High quality food. Would probably return again for the food. That said, the service, while okay, was certainly not befitting a restaurant of this caliber. We were seated quickly, but after that, things seemed to go downhill. Refills were scarce, and food was given to the wrong people for each course (except dessert, which was correct). No after dinner drinks or coffee was offered. I believe in giving a restaurant two chances, so we'll probably go back at some point, but not before we try Ladera Grill down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food quickly servedCaliforniaJimDined on 6/6/2014We were ten minutes early for our reservation and first in line for a table. Quickly seated we ordered from the wide ranging menu and appetizers and drinks followed rapidly. Our wAitress was timely in her check ups on our dining experience. Our third trip back to this restaurant and each time we have been very happy. Really glad they opened up in Morgan Hill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseBrooklynExpatriatDined on 5/31/2014The nondescript location of Good Fork hides a gem. Their food is quite good - unexpectedly so. Our service person was extremely knowledgeable about local wines and recommended a Tank red which was truly outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fork, Morgan HillplainjaneDined on 5/30/2014This is an all time fav. Everything is small town but the food. Shelley (the best!) and her staff take care of me: remember my name, what I like to drink, recommend what to try or to stick to my tried and trues, squeeze me in if I come on an impulse, get me out quickly if I'm going to a show. The seared scallops on risotto are wonderful! Dine like a big spender even if you're not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!jmunsDined on 5/28/2014We've eaten at the Good Fork a number of times. This time was no exception with the excellent menu offerings and unique preparations. All of our meals and drinks were delicious! However, the service was not up to our expectations. Perhaps we're spoiled but the service is generally very professional, friendly, and complete. We had trouble getting our waitress' attention and had to repeatedly ask for items that we felt should have been brought without us making a request. But the food; OMG, to die for!!! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Morgan Hill Good Food, Good ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2014Enjoyed a warm evening with family sitting on the street side patio. The service was professional yet friendly. Portions are appropriate, tasty and unique. Would definitely go back to the Good Fork.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We came in for a Mother's Day Dinner after my Symphony Concert, and arrived a bit late due to heavy traffic. I had called in advance to warn them of our situation, and no worries, all was accommodated. We come to this restaurant often, and are never disappointed -- better, should I say, always pleased. Sunday was no exception: great food and service even after their staff had had heaps of traffic for Mother's Day all day long. Definitely our favorite go-to restaurant in Morgan Hill. Thanks to Shelli and the evening staff for well-done efforts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French CuisineSiamakDined on 5/3/2014It has one of the best french cuisine (boef bourginigon, duck confit) in the bay areas at very reasonable price.
- Fantastic!SteveVIPDined on 5/1/2014Fantastic .... all around. The food is fantastic. i had the pork chop special and it was top notch. We were greeted at the door with a very warm welcome. Our table was ready at the reserved time. The service was a "10"! The bacon wrapped scallops were wonderful. The hot cobbler desert was the best i have ever had ... and I usually pass on desert. Good Fork is good food and good people .... an excellent experience!Special Features:
- Fast-Food RestaurantHipreplacementDined on 4/26/2014The food was great, the service was horrible. The minute we sat down (a party of three), we were rushed to place our orders. The appetizers arrived with no problems, but our entrées was a different story. Two dinners arrived and it took 5 minutes before the third one to arrived. We also didn't realized we were supposed to do speed eating. Our waitress decided to start cleaning our table when we weren't finished eating. She started removing the bread basket, our bread plates and olive oil. We were afraid she was going to remove our dinners before we finished. Needless to say she didn't let us finish our wine before pushing dessert on us. My husband order a double expresso but got a single. We were billed for a double He was told he was wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite EateryLaurie51Dined on 4/26/2014My boyfriend and I chose The Good Fork to celebrate our 12th anniversary as a couple. It was our second visit and it was a perfect choice for us. The food is just outstanding! I enjoyed the steak frites with fries and my boyfriend had the swordfish that was the special for the night. We both made excellent choices! Delicious! But for me, what sets The Good Fork apart and above is the service. Our server was just amazing! She knew the menu and the wine list and made recommendations without being pushy. She knew when to check up on us and when to leave us to enjoy our food and wine. And we just observed that everyone on the staff seemed happy to be there, adding to the joy of the evening. It was just PERFECT! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLoriDined on 4/6/2014I wanted to take my fiance someplace special for his birthday and he had never been to The Good Fork and had been wanting to try it. for quite some time. We were welcomed immediately, our reservation was acknowledged, and we were seated right away by a big window. The menu choices were so hard to choose from - everything sounded wonderful! I had the special: stuffed pork tenderloin wrapped in pastry and Steve had the Beef Bourguignon. They both had a beautiful presentation - we couldn't decide whose was best. The waitress was knowledgable, energetic, and gave great descriptions of the entrees. She was attentive and didn't keep us waiting long for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/30/2014The food is delicious but sometimes it does take a while for it to come out. My french toast on the brunch menu was not that exciting but the steak and eggs were delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent.upstreamtagVIPDined on 3/22/2014The service was excellent. Drinks were tasty, added Salmon Tartare to our meal and it was delicious. Filet was cooked perfect and fettuccine was hand made. We enjoyed it.Special Features: