The Good Food Co.
13475 Atlantic Blvd. #32
Jacksonville, FL 32225Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Good Food Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegoodfoodcompany.com/
- Phone: 9043292407x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sunday and Mondays Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Steve Thurston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ranging from $10 to $99 per person, our fall catering menu is a warm seasonal feast that will make any event special. Tastes like Garlic whipped potato, spinach fennel salad and butter poached scallops are a few of the flavors that we’ve crafted for this menu
- Special Events: One year anniversary party January 26th
A word from The Good Food Co.
The Good Food Company is passionate about our food, our guests and providing a unique and unparalleled Epicurious Experience. No request is too big, no detail too small!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Good Food Co. - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
The Good Food Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (10)romantic (9)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Yummy Food Quiet Place for LunchKimfrDined on 9/13/2014My parents were in town and they have a hard time hearing in noisy restaurants. We celebrated my dad's birthday over lunch on a Saturday and it was perfect. The appetizer plate (pate, cheese, dried meat) was delicious and the swordfish was excellent. The restaurant was not super busy and was quiet enough to carry on a conversation with my parents. Chase provided excellent service, it's a wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjanefromflDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our evening at The Good Food Company. We had the special roasted cauliflower with goat cheese. It was enjoyable but I would skip it next time. The fried oyster salad was outstanding. The restaurant seemed to be sold out of many of their lower priced items like a summer strawberry salad. That caused us to order an appetizer and salad to split versus getting one each. The waitress was very helpful and presented us drink specials that were discounted and were delicious. We had two cocktails each because of the special list. Their wine list by the glass is limited but the individual glass pour was generous. We purchased a Double Take Deal to try this restaurant and we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodlucygirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food is always creative and well presented. Service is always knowledgeable. The sour cream cake was amazing! My husband loved his shrimp and grits. Portions are ample. Only thing odd was they were out of coffee!Special Features:
- absolutely great food!closhaw10Dined on 9/5/2014My reservation was not until 9:15 p.m. on a Friday night, I was afraid that there would be no one in the restaurant aside from us but to my excitement the restaurant was full. I think more full than the wait staff could handle but it turned out okay. The food was great, I had the fried oyster salad and my fiance had the fried platter. They have definitely mastered the art of frying seafood plus the hush puppies were unique and delicious. I also had the drink special which was featured on Facebook earlier in the day and I thought it was very good. We will definitely be back and I look forward to trying a different dish when I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOut2dinner42Dined on 9/3/2014The bar tender did not know how to Make drinks Some food excellent others mediocre Bread not worth eating Worth it because we used a coupon We paid 50$ for 100$ worth of food Not worth the food for the price Would not rush backSpecial Features:
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was very helpful, attentive and GREAT at suggesting wines.Special Features:
- Lunch FolksoliviaDined on 8/29/2014we've only been for dinner twice, mostly come for lunch. We brought another couple for dinner the other night and were disappointed in the quality of our dinner compared to lunch, portions were the same, but price was double. Kendall Jackson is my favorite, but I feel $15 a glass is way out of line, at most it should be $10. Also, why would you charge extra for bread, no good business. We will continue to come for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DobbsDined on 8/22/2014This was my second trip to the Good Food Company. Once again it was awesome! I had the catch of the day, wahoo which came with delicious fresh vegs and mashed potatoes. We also had the house sangria and it was very tasty and beautifully presented with sliced fruits in the glass. I had a piece of chocolate cheesecake for dessert that was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Food didn't live up to the prices. Service was spotty. (Our waiter said the kitchen was backed up so he had to get in there and help?) We weren't impressed with anything about this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014As usual, the food (roasted cauliflower, crab cakes, snapper, shrimp and grits) was excellent and the wine bottles well priced. There was a glitch with the bill but it was rectified without question when we brought it to our server's attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreLoveroffoodDined on 8/13/2014I didn't feel the food was worth the price. For lunch, the burgers & shredded pork sandwich are served on a huge round of bread. My lunch companion asked for her burger more toward medium-rare rather than medium and it was well done with no pink in the middle and she didn't send it back since we'd waited at least 20-25 minutes for our food and probably 20 minutes to have the waiter take our order. Lunch took over an hour and the place was not even busy. My daughter had been there a while ago and had great food and good service, but not this time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We enjoy the Good Food Company, family owned and run, the owners take a person interest. My wife and I consider it one of our favorites. Always great food and service.Special Features:
- RushedInfrequentReviewerDined on 8/2/2014We booked a reservation at 9:30 on a Sat. night through OT. The restaurant called me at 8pm asking to move it to 9pm b/c the kitchen closed at 9:30. I got there 10 min early, but nobody came by the table to ask if I wanted a drink or an appetizer until my date arrived at 9:30. We ordered quickly. The appetizer came out fast, but we were barely into our appetizer when the server placed our dinner on the table. I abandoned the appetizer after a few minutes b/c I didn't want the steak to get cold. I ordered it medium, but it was medium rare in parts and rare in others. It was obvious they wanted us out quickly. Most of the chairs were already turned up and put on the tables. The food would have been better if we had time to enjoy it.
- Our new favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We just stumbled upon this restaurant a couple of weeks ago and have been twice now for dinner. The food is excellent - very fresh, plentiful portions, good value! My wife had fish both times and she tells me those are the 2 best fish dishes she's ever had. I had the Ribeye both times and it was awesome! I get roasted potatoes with my steak, but my wife's plate had mashed potatoes the last time and I tried those. I want to ask for those with my steak next time. We will defintely be back! We want to come for lunch sometime to see what that menu is like. They do a terrific job to make sure the food is fresh, tasty and perfect. It is a family run restaurant. Our server was the daughter of one of the owners and she was great too!Special Features:
- DeliciousChelseaDined on 7/31/2014We have been to Good Food a few times, and everytime we go, it's always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very noiseylwolfsonVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and services is excellent but noise level is so loud that it overshadowed the dining experience.
- wonderful treasureDobbsDined on 7/25/2014We had a delicious, fresh meal at the good food company. We will certainly be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TreatCaptSeaDined on 7/11/2014The place has been serving variety of tasty treats for years. I look forward to checking out the next menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/26/2014The food is especially well prepared. I have been here many times in the past. This particular time or server was new and obviously a new hire but handled himself very well. But obviously not very well trained as he was not familiar with the menu or the specials. Very enjoyable evening though. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueBlack7Dined on 6/26/2014Better than most at the beach. service ,preps,and presentations better than expected for the price.Special Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the The Good Food Co. reviews archive.
- JeffWDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyable settin, friendly staff and a collection of interesting menu items. I have eaten there twice and look forward to returning again..... soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We were disappointed in Open Table because we made the reservation for a Sunday night and The Good Food Company is not open on Sunday nightsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Pr8lude93Dined on 6/14/2014They display paintings by local painters which complimented the color scheme and decor. The portions were just enough and everything was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingJayJayDined on 6/14/2014My dinner companion ordered the rib eye, and it was phenomenal. I, on the other hand, ordered a seafood item that was on the verge of being spoiled. The manager was very apologetic, offered to give me a replacement item, and took the seafood item off the bill. I appreciate the fact that he tried to make it right for me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian EntreegclairDined on 6/6/2014Ordered a vegetarian entre which was eggplant with ricotta over marinara sauce. Received 2 thin slices of eggplant, sliced in half, layered with ricotta which I didn't realize there was any in the dish over a lot of marinara sauce. This dish was suppose to be roasted but the eggplant was raw, the skin on the eggplant was tough and the meal was not hot......and this dish was $17.00! Ridiculous. Uneatable. Called waiter over to take this meal back and got something else; a shrimp cocktail with about 6/7 shrimps and this was $10.00. You figure. The manager did come over and asked me about my meal and I told him and was comp for the dish as well as the shrimp cocktail. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Grossly UnderstaffednikkijaxVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had a 7:15pm reservation for 2 on a Saturday night. When we arrived, the hostess greeted us - we chose to sit at the bar. The bar is a beautiful, U-shaped counter and the cocktail menu has great potential. After waiting 10 minutes to be greeted by the bartender, we ordered a standard cocktail (Tito's vodka and soda) and a specialty cocktail from the menu (blueberry mojito). Cocktails were good and strong. NOTE: there were several jars on the counter with infused liquors - we did not venture here. After 5-10 minutes, when we had not been asked for a food order, so we decided to leave, as we also observed the nearby table had waited 10-15 minutes before their server greeted them. We had high hopes for this place. They need to staff upSpecial Features:
- Cauliflower AppetizerEJJJDined on 5/31/2014The cauliflower appetizer sounds odd...but is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GagirlVIPDined on 5/22/2014Wonderful restaurant, owners and staff super friendly and go overboard to make your dining experience great. The food is good. Presentation specialSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2014Another great dinner at Good Food Company! The cantaloupe gazpacho, Pasta Bolognese, and rib-eye were prepared to the orderers' specifications and exceeded expectations. Leftovers were taken home to enjoy the next day. The bread "expert" at our table raved about the rolls. We requested Chase after my good experience for lunch earlier in the week and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014We had a pretty good dining experience....the food was good, service was very attentive. Our waitress was a very nice young lady but she is not local. Might give her a crash-course in the proper annunciation of local fish if you're going to serve them as your Fresh Catch. We asked about the fresh catch and she pronounced Cobia as Co-bye-ah. Did seem a little noisy and the glare off of the main door was pretty harsh. Might think of putting some sort of blind there until it gets dark---anybody facing the front door wouldn't be able to see the people sitting across the table/booth due to the glare. Overall it was a good evening to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walter's reviewJacksonvilleTowniesDined on 5/16/2014First time to visit this restaurant. Good menu selections of beef, chicken, fish, etc without going overboard on the number of selections. The soubise saue on the ribeye had a kick which I didn't expect. The server let us know he was new but his service was excellent. Only problem was that they were out of Jack Daniels which disappointed my dining companion since that is the only alcoholic beverage she will drink.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2014My friend and I both enjoyed the spinach and portobello tart with side salad for lunch and both agreed that the meal was delicious. It was well-priced too given the portion size and quality. Chase provided efficient and cordial service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Good FoodLauraVIPDined on 5/6/2014The Good Food Company can always be counted on for a memorable meal. It has ambiance and attentive servers as well as the good food their name implies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and Beer BOOM!foodchaintopper72VIPDined on 5/1/2014The Tuesday and Thursday Burgers and Beer promotion was a stroke of genius! Chef was amazingly accommodating and even made a home made Bleu Cheese salad dressing for a member of our party. We commented that we definitely need to make The Good Food Company one of our regular favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findbubbe4VIPDined on 4/26/2014nice new menu items, innovative, with some favorites still retainedSpecial Features:
- Nice RestaurantJuliaDined on 4/25/2014The restaurant is very nicely decorated with a relaxing atmosphere. Our wait staff was pleasant. I had the flounder, which was very good. My husband had the steak, which was a little chewy, even cooked at a Pittsburgh rare level. The prices are a little high. My plate was $22 and my husband's was $31. But, the night was nice and we enjoyed ourselves. It is about a 45 minute drive for us, so we probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Good Food has never disappointedJaySDined on 4/19/2014A wonderful experience. I always feel at home when dining at Good Food. The seasonal menu is a nice add. This spot is great for dinner with friends, family or if your on a date. I can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014I feel the cook was too liberal with herbs and sauces and they were just too overpowering. The fish was slightly over cooked. We received our wine halfway into the dinner. Friends tell us they have had better luck at lunch time.
- Great Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Love this place. I live a the beach and I'm a happy girl to have GFC around the corner from me :)Special Features:
- The crabcake sandwich thatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2014The crabcake sandwich that I had for lunch was delicious. Wine list is very reasonably priced. Tab had an error but was quickly corrected when I pointed it out. Excellent experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.