The Golden Lamb
27 S. Broadway
Lebanon, OH 45036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Golden Lamb
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldenlamb.com/
- Phone: (513) 932-5065
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11am-3pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 8a - 3pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner 4:30pm - 9pm
Sunday Dinner 4:30pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ben Toney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Offers 6 private dining rooms ranging from 8 to 85 seating capacity.
- Private Party Contact: DeDe Bailey 5139325065
- Entertainment: Thursday & Saturday evenings
A word from The Golden Lamb
The Golden Lamb, Ohio's oldest inn and restaurant, serves classic American cuisine in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. Visit the Blackhorse Tavern for more casual dining. Private and banquet rooms are available with customizable menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Golden Lamb - Best Restaurants in Lebanon ›
The Golden Lamb reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (87)good for groups (72)great for lunch (66)romantic (57)fit for foodies (52)great for brunch (43)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (17)scenic view (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Kennel Club Holiday LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014We were a small group of officers and directors of a dog club. The group included one vegetarian. Some ordered breakfast, some lunch. Everyone said they enjoyed their meal. The coffee was outstanding. The service was very good. We lingered after dessert to have a brief meeting and gift exchange. No one was trying to get our table away from us in order to re-seat it. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the holidaysvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 11/21/2014My wife and I enjoy the Golden Lamb during the holidays. We strongly prefer to dine in the main dining room and usually ask for a window table if available. Window tables, looking onto the main street of Lebanon, are nice but maybe a little cool or drafty for some. The food is good but not exceptional. The menu still has some of the traditional dishes such as duck and lamb but also offers some more contemporary items. My wife had the soup and half sandwich for her lunch and I had the steak salad. She found the soup and sandwich to be well prepared and enjoyable. They did not have the wedge that is normally served for the steak salad and substituted mixed green. I did not find it as good as when served with the lettuce wedge but that is just my personal preference. The wine offerings by the glass are OK but, in my opinion, a little pricy. Service is efficient but not the same as it was under prior ownership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in an historical atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Food is a little pricey, but worth the trip. Glad the gift shop is open again - lots of unique items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndersonDined on 11/15/2014The food and service was great. We have been dining and staying at the Golden Lamb for over thirty years. It is very special to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I went with friends for a birthday brunch for the first time. The service was great. They were attentive and cheerful. I felt really special on my birthday. Most importantly the food was great and my friends had a great time sampling each other's food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for serviceTransplanttexasDined on 11/15/2014You made a birthday lunch memorable for both parents. Waitress was so attentive to our needs went out of her way to engage and make the lunch more than a lunch. Such special attention to detail and great service. Excellent food presented with flair. Thank you so much to all of you for making this birthday the best. I will travel back from Texas in the future just for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spinach chicken saladOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Size of a salad served with an entree. Chicken so dry. Uninspiring to say the leastSpecial Features:
- AlwaysfunDined on 11/8/2014I have been coming to the Golden Lamb for at least 60 years, my parents brought me here as a child. I have seen a lot of changes over the years, some good, some not so good, but the overall atmosphere of the restaurant has remained the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deeelish dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Can't say enough good things. The service was outstanding, ambiance was perfect, and the food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Atmosphere!CatBenDined on 11/6/2014I had lunch with a high school friend I haven't really talked to in 30 years....she picked G.L. because she lived nearby & need a gluten free menu. It was so private, the atmosphere so historic & homey. 3 hours later, we never felt rushed....we were nightmare customers I'm sure, but were never made to feel it....just the opposite.Special Features:
- Food4thoughtDined on 11/3/2014Food has been excellent the last few times I have been there. So happy that it is a great place to dine, esp. with its history as an inn for so many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!diningdeaneDined on 11/3/2014We have lived in the area over 30 years and had never made the trip to the Golden Lamb before. The food was excellent, the surroundings beautiful, and the service and attention (because our wedding anniversary) was EXCELLENT. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014We have been going to this restaurant since I was a child. Each time we go a little more of what the place special is gone. The relish tray, the hot slaw and the roast lamb with mint jelly are gone. It used to be so special. It is now just a regular old restaurant with inflated prices. The lamb meatloaf for $36 was about 5 bites big and it sadly inferior to the last version of it that had the carmelized onions on top. It is a shame that everyone wants to be newfangled. It is historical place. Bring back what made it special. You are now generic. Even the look of the menu made it seem like a diner in any old town.
- WaitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014It took awhile to get rolls and the food. Once we got the food we enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014I lunched at Golden Lamb this week with four friends and we had an outstanding experience. The food (various soups & sandwiches, followed by one shared, massive bread pudding dessert) was excellent as always and the server attentive but not hovering. We hadn't been together for months so it was important not to feel rushed as we caught up over the wonderful items we were enjoying. It couldn't have been better. We WILL return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 8 very pleasedJoeSRDined on 10/26/2014Went to the Sunday Brunch. Everyone was pleased with the varied choices of breakfast and luncheon items available. Food was served timely, well prepared and wait staff returned frequently to check our needs. Large dining areas provide a really nice place for a larger group to be able to chat comfortably without lots of noise from other tables.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysReservation4Dined on 10/25/2014Had both brunch and dinner during our stay- both were great. Food and service were both top notch and the ambiance is amazing if you enjoy historic buildings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014This was the perfect atmosphere for a group of 8 adults to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. The service was so great! We did not feel rushed at all as we ordered drinks, appetizers, salads, meals and dessert. We were seated at a great table where we felt like we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. Everything we ordered was great. I would recommend for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first experience at the Golden Lamb. Although the food was ok, the menu was very limited. I had a child w/me and it was hard for her to order anything other than fried chicken! The service unfortunately was even worse. I had to ask a bus boy to have someone wait on us after sitting at the table for over 5 minutes. The rolls came out with our dinner when other tables @ us had theirs given to them before their meal. Overall...I was disappointed.Special Features:
- A step back in time.MarvelousDined on 10/25/2014As you walk in you realize you are back in time. The lobby is still in the decor of the past. Not crazy about the retail jars of goodies displayed. The resturant doesn't crowd everyone in so there's plenty of room between tables. I can see why you would make this a seasonal trek.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I always enjoy coming to this Historic Inn and Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WandererDined on 10/19/2014A lovely place for lunch or brunch, especially when you treat the Golden Lamb like a museum and wander upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch VenueSueZDined on 10/19/2014Great place for a Sunday brunch. There's a menu item for all tastes and the food is delicious. My favorite is the egg white fritata! The historic atmosphere creates a unique and welcome ambiance. Great for a visit with friends.Special Features:
- Historic RestaurantJeanDined on 10/19/2014This historic restaurant has been a part of my family for over 50 years. We love the quaint dining experience, the excellent food, and walking around Lebanon's many antique stores. If you want to eat in a building that dates back to the early 1800s and have great food, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondHalloweddingDined on 10/18/2014The staff went above and beyond to make amends for a slightly off dinner experience. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and respect for them. Extremely professional and kind people. The brunch was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and DifferentCatbac77Dined on 10/17/2014It is easy to get caught up in going to the same restaurants over and over. The Golden Lamb was a beautiful idea and perfect for our special evening. Service was excellent and the food very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillyDined on 10/17/2014With friends from Chicago, I was extremely pleased, as were they.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice piece of historyForestHillsGenoDined on 10/17/2014Have been here several times and always enjoyed the total package, meal, ambience and friendliness of the staff. You can feel the history of this 200 year old gem. Highly recommended for special occasions but also good anytime.Special Features:
- RomanticEnjoyableDined on 10/13/2014Very enjoyable for my birthday with my man. The atmosphere was nice. Service from the time we arrived till we left was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bounty of the harvestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The seasonal Bounty of the Harvest menu was fantastic. I had the chicken liver pate', winter chop salad, and wonderful venison chops. Paula handled our special request (cheese only flatbread for the kids) perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinstonDined on 10/10/2014The Golden Lamb is a wonderful part of American History! We have been here before, and you feel as if you have stepped back in time. The food is very good, and the warm ambiance is very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous night out!liv2eatDined on 10/3/2014We chose to dine at the Golden Lamb as part of a History project with our high-school-aged daughter and ended up with a top-notch dining experience! The food was delicious and the Historian who visited our table provided a wealth of information for our daughter and for us! A terrific experience overall - we'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceTravelerDined on 10/2/2014We chose The Golden Lamb to celebrate a birthday and the dining was wonderful. The friendly, courteous staff made our dining experience delightful. The food was excellent. Our compliments to the chef! The salad that came with our entrees was delicious. Our party of four will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Good food with the presidents.*****************************************************************************************************************Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will DEFINITELY go back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Excellent service and SUBERB food! Everything we ate from the appetizer to salad to entrée to dessert was phenomenal! And a great value too! Can't wait to take friends and family :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic DelightDjbridgesDined on 9/25/2014We dined here 26 years ago and were delighted with it. On a return to the area we decided to take friends here for a good evening and we're glad we did. The restaurant is every bit as wonderful as we remembered with quiet ambience, a historic atmosphere, and incredible food. rebecca and her coworkers provided superb service - friendly and attentive without being "chummy" or intrusive. We will return here whenever we have a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 47th anniversary dinnerstilltogether47Dined on 9/24/2014We both ordered the prime rib dinner....my wife's was to be a well done end cut; one side was done and the other side was rare. The waitress noticed the difference and asked if she wanted it re-cooked. The manager camed to our table and apologized and took the cost of the dinner from our bill. I also had the prime rib rare...it was cooked just right, but was not a good cut of meat. It was tough and had a lot of fat, but did have a good taste. I realize these things happen and the waitress and the manager handled the situation very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed ourselves very much. The food was delicious and our waitress was very nice.Special Features:
- Classic historic celebration spotexploringthrufoodDined on 9/21/2014Had a lovely dinner with my mother at the Golden Lamb. The food was delicious and our server Rebecca was just the right amount of checking and letting us enjoy our meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Lamb for Sunday DinnerPaulDined on 9/21/2014For us, this was a family get together for an early Sunday dinner. We were promptly seated. The service was friendly and helpful. The menu has continued to undergo small refinements since my previous visits. We typically just order and entree and everything that comes with it and hope to save some room for dessert. Half of our party had the Prime Rib. Nicely cut and cooked properly to order. The rest had ample portions of fried chicken, turkey or scallops. All were devoured. If there was a fault, a little less salt in the sauces and gravies. The desserts were equally good. Pick any and enjoy. If you are getting full, try sharing one. The six of us enjoyed our dinner and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.