The Golden Lamb
27 S. Broadway
Lebanon, OH 45036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Golden Lamb
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldenlamb.com/
- Phone: 5139325065
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11am-3pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 8a - 3pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner 4:30pm - 9pm
Sunday Dinner 4:30pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ben Toney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Offers 6 private dining rooms ranging from 8 to 85 seating capacity.
- Private Party Contact: DeDe Bailey 5139325065
- Entertainment: Thursday & Saturday evenings
A word from The Golden Lamb
The Golden Lamb, Ohio's oldest inn and restaurant, serves classic American cuisine in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. Visit the Blackhorse Tavern for more casual dining. Private and banquet rooms are available with customizable menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Golden Lamb - Best Restaurants in Lebanon ›
The Golden Lamb reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (90)great for lunch (65)good for groups (63)romantic (56)fit for foodies (51)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (18)scenic view (11)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014A lovely place for lunch or brunch, especially when you treat the Golden Lamb like a museum and wander upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch VenueSueZDined on 10/19/2014Great place for a Sunday brunch. There's a menu item for all tastes and the food is delicious. My favorite is the egg white fritata! The historic atmosphere creates a unique and welcome ambiance. Great for a visit with friends.Special Features:
- Historic RestaurantJeanDined on 10/19/2014This historic restaurant has been a part of my family for over 50 years. We love the quaint dining experience, the excellent food, and walking around Lebanon's many antique stores. If you want to eat in a building that dates back to the early 1800s and have great food, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondHalloweddingDined on 10/18/2014The staff went above and beyond to make amends for a slightly off dinner experience. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and respect for them. Extremely professional and kind people. The brunch was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and DifferentCatbac77Dined on 10/17/2014It is easy to get caught up in going to the same restaurants over and over. The Golden Lamb was a beautiful idea and perfect for our special evening. Service was excellent and the food very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014With friends from Chicago, I was extremely pleased, as were they.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice piece of historyForestHillsGenoDined on 10/17/2014Have been here several times and always enjoyed the total package, meal, ambience and friendliness of the staff. You can feel the history of this 200 year old gem. Highly recommended for special occasions but also good anytime.Special Features:
- RomanticEnjoyableDined on 10/13/2014Very enjoyable for my birthday with my man. The atmosphere was nice. Service from the time we arrived till we left was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bounty of the harvestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The seasonal Bounty of the Harvest menu was fantastic. I had the chicken liver pate', winter chop salad, and wonderful venison chops. Paula handled our special request (cheese only flatbread for the kids) perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinstonDined on 10/10/2014The Golden Lamb is a wonderful part of American History! We have been here before, and you feel as if you have stepped back in time. The food is very good, and the warm ambiance is very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous night out!liv2eatDined on 10/3/2014We chose to dine at the Golden Lamb as part of a History project with our high-school-aged daughter and ended up with a top-notch dining experience! The food was delicious and the Historian who visited our table provided a wealth of information for our daughter and for us! A terrific experience overall - we'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceTravelerDined on 10/2/2014We chose The Golden Lamb to celebrate a birthday and the dining was wonderful. The friendly, courteous staff made our dining experience delightful. The food was excellent. Our compliments to the chef! The salad that came with our entrees was delicious. Our party of four will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Good food with the presidents.*****************************************************************************************************************Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will DEFINITELY go back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Excellent service and SUBERB food! Everything we ate from the appetizer to salad to entrée to dessert was phenomenal! And a great value too! Can't wait to take friends and family :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic DelightDjbridgesDined on 9/25/2014We dined here 26 years ago and were delighted with it. On a return to the area we decided to take friends here for a good evening and we're glad we did. The restaurant is every bit as wonderful as we remembered with quiet ambience, a historic atmosphere, and incredible food. rebecca and her coworkers provided superb service - friendly and attentive without being "chummy" or intrusive. We will return here whenever we have a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 47th anniversary dinnerstilltogether47Dined on 9/24/2014We both ordered the prime rib dinner....my wife's was to be a well done end cut; one side was done and the other side was rare. The waitress noticed the difference and asked if she wanted it re-cooked. The manager camed to our table and apologized and took the cost of the dinner from our bill. I also had the prime rib rare...it was cooked just right, but was not a good cut of meat. It was tough and had a lot of fat, but did have a good taste. I realize these things happen and the waitress and the manager handled the situation very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed ourselves very much. The food was delicious and our waitress was very nice.Special Features:
- Classic historic celebration spotexploringthrufoodDined on 9/21/2014Had a lovely dinner with my mother at the Golden Lamb. The food was delicious and our server Rebecca was just the right amount of checking and letting us enjoy our meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Lamb for Sunday DinnerPaulDined on 9/21/2014For us, this was a family get together for an early Sunday dinner. We were promptly seated. The service was friendly and helpful. The menu has continued to undergo small refinements since my previous visits. We typically just order and entree and everything that comes with it and hope to save some room for dessert. Half of our party had the Prime Rib. Nicely cut and cooked properly to order. The rest had ample portions of fried chicken, turkey or scallops. All were devoured. If there was a fault, a little less salt in the sauces and gravies. The desserts were equally good. Pick any and enjoy. If you are getting full, try sharing one. The six of us enjoyed our dinner and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Golden LambpwethingDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful place to meet and have lunch or dinner. Main Street has wonderful little shops and antique stores to stroll through after a wonderful meal at the Golden Lamb. Great day trip if you live in and around Cincinnati or Dayton Ohio. Close by, you can even include outlet shopping at the Cincinnati Premium Outlets in Monroe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DelightfulLisaVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Golden Lamb is still our favorite 'go to' restaurant in our area. Always delicious. Friendly staff. Great service. Interesting atmosphere. As hard as I try to go for a different choice of entree, I ALWAYS choose the turkey dinner. And I clean my plate. My husband had a lamb stew over handmade egg noodles--excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedunsatisfiedDined on 9/19/2014service was slow. (not that busy). food fair. price was to high. chairs not comfortable. tables to small.
- We weren't the youngest in the roommapexjDined on 9/19/2014But the food was amazing. We have visited some of the finer steakhouse in the Dayton/Cincinnati area and this visit was refreshing. My filet mignon was very tasty, had a great sear, great sauce, and amazing flavor. If your looking for a place that is more rustic/historic, and not your normal box restaurant, this place is a pleasant surprise. I'm would recommend to anyone of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found our new special placeTheRiddersDined on 9/17/2014Service was exceptionally friendly. Food was very good in all aspects..taste, texture and appearance. Being a history buff, the building and grounds were an extra treat.Special Features:
- Charming place for lunch or brunchGGroDined on 9/15/2014Quaint place to meet friends for lunch. Quiet and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitwillbebackDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I have always planned on going to the Golden Lamb but just never made it there. We were able to park just across the street from the venue. We were welcomed by a friendly hostess and seated. Since we were first timers at the restaurant, we were given an appetizer tray free of charge. It had egg salad, water melon rinds, and a corn salad. It was very tasty. We ordered from the lunch area of the menu. My wife had fried chicken (2 large breasts). I had the turkey dinner. We enjoyed both meals. Overall the service was terrific. It's nice to eat in a restaurant where you can have a quiet conversation with your wife of 41 years.Special Features:
- Mcmc08Dined on 9/13/2014Great service and the food was delightful! It was a treat to dine in a restaurant with so much history. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!!WalkersDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time to the Golden Lamb. We came for our anniversary enjoyed it very much! The food was EXCELLENT, great customer service and we enjoyed having a few drinks after dinner at the Black Horse Tavern and listening to live music. We will definitely go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealSiebenburgen77Dined on 9/13/2014My mom was visiting from Europe and we thought the Golden Lamb would be a unique, American dining experience for her. We had a great time, the food was excellent. She enjoyed the turkey dinner very much, it was her first "Thanksgiving dinner", even though she ate it in September!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingilovelocalDined on 9/12/2014After seeing an ad in a local food magazine, I decided that I would take my husband to TGL for a special dinner. I was hoping that they had changed chefs and would offer the best of locally grown chicken, meats and vegetables. Although the salad came with the entree,they should have skipped it. The greens were old and limp and it was very unappealing. Our salmon and lamb was generous in size but the vegetables that were companioned with them were tasteless and barely recognizable because they had been overcooked. I should not be hard on the staff. Our server had way too many tables to take care of and was pleasant but overwhelmed. If you are a local food lover, skip this and go for smaller venues.
- Good surpriseDateniteDined on 9/12/2014We have lived in Lebanon for years and even though we have been to the golden lamb it had been years. We were plesently surprised by the changes in the menu. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of another visithomechefDined on 9/10/2014We had the sauerkraut balls as an appetizer. Hot and plenty enough for two to share - very tasty, although personally would like to see some more horseradish added to the sauce for an added bite. The beef short rib was very tender and flavorful. The only suggestions I would make would be to not over power the plate with so many chives. I scraped most of them off. There were so many they were taking away from the other flavors on the plate. The sweet potato straws tasted like they had been fried in old oil, so I didn't eat those either. The pan fried wall eye was also very good, but suffered from the same two issues. With a couple of little tweaks, these dishes could rise above very good to excellent. We would go again.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencenightoutDined on 9/8/2014Love the historic feel of the hotel/restaurant. The staff is very friendly and the service was excellent. The rainbow trout was the best I have ever had and the house salad (greens, roasted pecans and apple slivers) was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden LambFood4thoughtDined on 9/6/2014Good food in a historic atmosphere. The Golden Lamb is a one of a kind gem. Love the relish tray which is an old favorite brought back to the menu. Also, the menu offers some of the classic dishes as well as updated choices. We had delicious dinners and wonderful service. Extra attention given for our birthday celebration- a signature dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HistoricKy6547Dined on 9/6/2014In addition to being historic, the food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and food friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Historical yet current with excellent service and food to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the Golden Lamb33aniversarydinnerDined on 9/5/2014The Golden Lamb dinner was a very relaxing experience, it was our first time, so we carefully reviewed the menu. Cost of the dinner was very reasonable. The complimentary relish tray was so-so, but that was because of our personal taste. The Signature Salad was good, as was our main entrée, we actually thought the main entrée was very well prepared and pleasant. Service was a little slow at times, there were only 2 servers in our section at a very busy time. Noise level was a little loud at times, but we didn't think that was a problem knowing everyone around us was having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service ..great foodfabulousDined on 9/5/2014The food and service was amazing. One of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had in a long time; it made her birth day dinner more memorable. The Tiramisu for dessert was a nice ending to a pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfilKochDined on 9/5/2014Glad to see The Golden Lamb is back to the great restaurant we grew up with as children. Welcome back Golden Lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint location, Excellent FoodNickyVIPDined on 9/4/2014What a cute little historic place in Lebanon, OH. Food is awesome and portions are fit for a very healthy appetite. Server was very patient with us (met up with a friend we haven't seen in some time so we were very busy chatting and not looking at the menu). They gave us a complimentary appetizer since it was our first time at the restaurant and it was really good...what a nice touch! Not many people on a Thurs night so it was quiet but the place is very well lit with natural light and their music was perfect! The cocktails were also amazing which you wouldn't really expect craft cocktails here but they served them up well! Explore the space while you're there becuase there is a lot of history!! Thanks Golden Lamb for a great evening!Special Features: