The Golden Lamb
27 S. Broadway
Lebanon, OH 45036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Golden Lamb
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldenlamb.com/
- Phone: 5139325065
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11am-3pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 8a - 3pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner 4:30pm - 9pm
Sunday Dinner 4:30pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ben Toney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Offers 6 private dining rooms ranging from 8 to 85 seating capacity.
- Private Party Contact: DeDe Bailey 5139325065
- Entertainment: Thursday & Saturday evenings
A word from The Golden Lamb
The Golden Lamb, Ohio's oldest inn and restaurant, serves classic American cuisine in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. Visit the Blackhorse Tavern for more casual dining. Private and banquet rooms are available with customizable menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Golden Lamb - Best Restaurants in Lebanon ›
The Golden Lamb reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (60)good for groups (58)romantic (47)fit for foodies (43)great for brunch (33)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Found our new special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service was exceptionally friendly. Food was very good in all aspects..taste, texture and appearance. Being a history buff, the building and grounds were an extra treat.Special Features:
- Charming place for lunch or brunchGGroDined on 9/15/2014Quaint place to meet friends for lunch. Quiet and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitwillbebackDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I have always planned on going to the Golden Lamb but just never made it there. We were able to park just across the street from the venue. We were welcomed by a friendly hostess and seated. Since we were first timers at the restaurant, we were given an appetizer tray free of charge. It had egg salad, water melon rinds, and a corn salad. It was very tasty. We ordered from the lunch area of the menu. My wife had fried chicken (2 large breasts). I had the turkey dinner. We enjoyed both meals. Overall the service was terrific. It's nice to eat in a restaurant where you can have a quiet conversation with your wife of 41 years.Special Features:
- Mcmc08Dined on 9/13/2014Great service and the food was delightful! It was a treat to dine in a restaurant with so much history. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!!WalkersDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time to the Golden Lamb. We came for our anniversary enjoyed it very much! The food was EXCELLENT, great customer service and we enjoyed having a few drinks after dinner at the Black Horse Tavern and listening to live music. We will definitely go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealSiebenburgen77Dined on 9/13/2014My mom was visiting from Europe and we thought the Golden Lamb would be a unique, American dining experience for her. We had a great time, the food was excellent. She enjoyed the turkey dinner very much, it was her first "Thanksgiving dinner", even though she ate it in September!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingilovelocalDined on 9/12/2014After seeing an ad in a local food magazine, I decided that I would take my husband to TGL for a special dinner. I was hoping that they had changed chefs and would offer the best of locally grown chicken, meats and vegetables. Although the salad came with the entree,they should have skipped it. The greens were old and limp and it was very unappealing. Our salmon and lamb was generous in size but the vegetables that were companioned with them were tasteless and barely recognizable because they had been overcooked. I should not be hard on the staff. Our server had way too many tables to take care of and was pleasant but overwhelmed. If you are a local food lover, skip this and go for smaller venues.
- Good surpriseDateniteDined on 9/12/2014We have lived in Lebanon for years and even though we have been to the golden lamb it had been years. We were plesently surprised by the changes in the menu. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of another visithomechefDined on 9/10/2014We had the sauerkraut balls as an appetizer. Hot and plenty enough for two to share - very tasty, although personally would like to see some more horseradish added to the sauce for an added bite. The beef short rib was very tender and flavorful. The only suggestions I would make would be to not over power the plate with so many chives. I scraped most of them off. There were so many they were taking away from the other flavors on the plate. The sweet potato straws tasted like they had been fried in old oil, so I didn't eat those either. The pan fried wall eye was also very good, but suffered from the same two issues. With a couple of little tweaks, these dishes could rise above very good to excellent. We would go again.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencenightoutDined on 9/8/2014Love the historic feel of the hotel/restaurant. The staff is very friendly and the service was excellent. The rainbow trout was the best I have ever had and the house salad (greens, roasted pecans and apple slivers) was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden LambFood4thoughtDined on 9/6/2014Good food in a historic atmosphere. The Golden Lamb is a one of a kind gem. Love the relish tray which is an old favorite brought back to the menu. Also, the menu offers some of the classic dishes as well as updated choices. We had delicious dinners and wonderful service. Extra attention given for our birthday celebration- a signature dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HistoricKy6547Dined on 9/6/2014In addition to being historic, the food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and food friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Historical yet current with excellent service and food to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the Golden Lamb33aniversarydinnerDined on 9/5/2014The Golden Lamb dinner was a very relaxing experience, it was our first time, so we carefully reviewed the menu. Cost of the dinner was very reasonable. The complimentary relish tray was so-so, but that was because of our personal taste. The Signature Salad was good, as was our main entrée, we actually thought the main entrée was very well prepared and pleasant. Service was a little slow at times, there were only 2 servers in our section at a very busy time. Noise level was a little loud at times, but we didn't think that was a problem knowing everyone around us was having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service ..great foodfabulousDined on 9/5/2014The food and service was amazing. One of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had in a long time; it made her birth day dinner more memorable. The Tiramisu for dessert was a nice ending to a pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfilKochDined on 9/5/2014Glad to see The Golden Lamb is back to the great restaurant we grew up with as children. Welcome back Golden Lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint location, Excellent FoodNickyVIPDined on 9/4/2014What a cute little historic place in Lebanon, OH. Food is awesome and portions are fit for a very healthy appetite. Server was very patient with us (met up with a friend we haven't seen in some time so we were very busy chatting and not looking at the menu). They gave us a complimentary appetizer since it was our first time at the restaurant and it was really good...what a nice touch! Not many people on a Thurs night so it was quiet but the place is very well lit with natural light and their music was perfect! The cocktails were also amazing which you wouldn't really expect craft cocktails here but they served them up well! Explore the space while you're there becuase there is a lot of history!! Thanks Golden Lamb for a great evening!Special Features:
- Good Food Better HistoryFood4FergDined on 8/31/2014Great local food options in a true historic setting. Our server was very knowledgable. I was impressed with the wide menu variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tradition ContinuesPopsicleDined on 8/24/2014The Golden is a special place to visit. Four of us went to celebrate my wife's birthday. The atmosphere is a pleasant cross between historic and romantic. The food, as always, was outstanding. We all loved our dinners and had great service. We had to drive 30 miles to get to The Golden Lamb, but it is well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!historylovers2Dined on 8/23/2014We took family to the Golden Lamb for dinner. We enjoyed everything about the restaurant. The decor is fascinating as well as the history behimd the restaurant. We thoroughly engoyed the historian who answered all of our questions and gave us the history of The Golden Lamb. We were invited to tour all the floors to view the rooms where notable people slept. The child's room as well as the sisters' room wwere my favorites! My sister, her husband, and my mother were thrilled to experience so much history! We will definately recommend The Golden Lamb to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for a wonderful lunch!JulieVWDined on 8/23/2014We had a surprise 40th Birthday lunch with our family. We could not ask for anything more! The food & service is always impeccable. We just love eating in the restaurant or the bar on Friday evenings with live music. This is one of our favorite spots. Thank you so much for being part of our special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Evening - Excellent StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were celebrating a birthday and when we had finished, they brought the birthday participant a complimentary piece of their special Sugar Pie which was very good. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the restaurant it once wasvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have enjoyed dinning at The Golden Lamb for more than 40 years. I still enjoy the ambiance, but like many other long time visitors I do not like the changes the new ownership implemented. The free relish tray is gone as are the waitress uniforms. I am sure this was done to reduce cost but the prices appear higher also. The restaurant is part of local history and is worth a visit and support. Wish the new ownership could retain more of the past glory and still earn a reasonable return.Special Features:
- Golden Lamb dinnerDinerDined on 8/18/2014We had an excellent dinner on a slow Monday evening. Food was excellent and service was not rushed. Good value for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dining experience!BucketListDined on 8/14/2014We were seated immediately at a lovely table by the window. The staff welcomed us and provided a sample appetizer tray because it was our first time at the restaurant. We felt a genuine appreciation for our business! Our waitress was friendly and attentive, not overbearing. Our food was excellent and presented in an appealing way. The manager came over and welcomed us as well, which was a nice touch; he demonstrated a very outgoing personality. We truly enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere at the Golden Lamb. We understand why so many people speak so highly of this landmark. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great DiningraggyDined on 8/12/2014Great to be in a restaurant with good food and such historic memorabilia; dining place of the presidentsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Great history. The employees were very welcoming. We were given a free appitizer because it was our first time visiting. The food was wonderful. Definatly will go back for another visit.Special Features:
- A historic GemalcoDined on 8/7/2014The food is incredible with great service. The history of the location goes back to the early 1800 with over a dozen presidents staying even starting back then. If you want to impress for food, history and ambiance in a casual atmosphere, look no further. It is worth a trip just to enjoy.Special Features:
- A great package!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We booked an overnight stay as well as dinner at the Golden Lamb. The people at the Golden Lamb are very attentive and even remember one's name from one's reservation. It is a very special place and a wonderful place to dine. The food was delicious and the service was superb!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014WHat a GREAT time we had. Our table, service & food were all outstanding. Each year, nine of us meet at The Golden Lamb. We all are retirees & worked together in the 80's & our annual lunch is a chance to get together, talk & enjoy everyone's company. This was the 5th year & we have always come to The Golden Lamb. Thank you to THe Golden Lamb for always making our lunch experience wonderful & perfect. We will see you next year too. A special thanks to Neil, our server, who was so gracious & attentive to all our needs, including picture taking! Marianne HauckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItglbuffsDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I were very pleased with the entire meal at dinner. We loved the lunch menu. Service was excellent at both meals. We will definitely come back again to celebrate an anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good value.dbeyerDined on 8/2/2014First time diner here at the restaurant! Good good and great environment. Only gripe is the price. I didn't think the food was a great value. My portion was fairly small for a $23 meal. I guess you pay a little extra for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable historyGPSIGDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed both the tavern for lunch and the dining room for dinner. Food was very good and well prepared with a selection that can please any interest. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful!TravelerDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were both as remembered. Wonderful. I just wish they still had the peanut butter pie they had years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB in all aspects!DOTdinesDined on 8/1/2014Our now 15th annual college alum luncheon was superb. Some had not seen each other in 52 years this time; it was made even better by your pleasant gentleman server who was delightfully accomodating in every way. KUDOS TO HIM! We feel that the GL's product is exceptional. No rush, no fuss, great gourmet food at reasonable prices are the Golden Lamb's signature reasons for our annual return dining. The banana cream pie is a must! Open Table is the facilitator for easy pre-planning with our requests ALWAYS happily accomodated by the GL management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living in HistoryMarieDined on 7/27/2014This lovely place is like returning to a day in our great grandparents world. Luckily, the food remains current, well chosen and good! A great place to show young ones another world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks AgainReggieDined on 7/27/2014Once again we brought another couple here for Sunday lunch and everything was wonderful. It is so nice to have quality and a home town gem all in the same restaurant. And to top it off is the historic charm that make everyone feel at home. Thanks again. ReggieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charles CampchazavaDined on 7/26/2014This is where we go for special occasions. As a couple or to take out friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable dining experienceOrgelspielerDined on 7/24/2014We always have an enjoyable experience dining at The Golden Lamb. The food is outstanding, the service is excellent, with friendly, competent servers. The ambience is lovely, with all of the historic trappings displayed in a peaceful setting. The menu has a nice variety, so that one can try something different, and not be disappointed, each time. The Signature Salad is always wonderful, and a personal favorite is the Free-Range Roasted Turkey Breast dinner. The Great Northern Bean Soup was exquisite! We also enjoy browsing in the Gift Shop after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Food was great and atmosphere and service was great.Special Features: