The Golden Lamb
27 S. Broadway
Lebanon, OH 45036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Golden Lamb
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldenlamb.com/
- Phone: 5139325065
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11am-3pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 8a - 3pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner 4:30pm - 9pm
Sunday Dinner 4:30pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ben Toney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Offers 6 private dining rooms ranging from 8 to 85 seating capacity.
- Private Party Contact: DeDe Bailey 5139325065
- Entertainment: Thursday & Saturday evenings
A word from The Golden Lamb
The Golden Lamb, Ohio's oldest inn and restaurant, serves classic American cuisine in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. Visit the Blackhorse Tavern for more casual dining. Private and banquet rooms are available with customizable menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Golden Lamb - Best Restaurants in Lebanon ›
The Golden Lamb reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (66)good for groups (62)romantic (53)fit for foodies (44)great for brunch (39)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (17)notable wine list (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- The Tradition ContinuesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The Golden is a special place to visit. Four of us went to celebrate my wife's birthday. The atmosphere is a pleasant cross between historic and romantic. The food, as always, was outstanding. We all loved our dinners and had great service. We had to drive 30 miles to get to The Golden Lamb, but it is well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We took family to the Golden Lamb for dinner. We enjoyed everything about the restaurant. The decor is fascinating as well as the history behimd the restaurant. We thoroughly engoyed the historian who answered all of our questions and gave us the history of The Golden Lamb. We were invited to tour all the floors to view the rooms where notable people slept. The child's room as well as the sisters' room wwere my favorites! My sister, her husband, and my mother were thrilled to experience so much history! We will definately recommend The Golden Lamb to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for a wonderful lunch!JulieVWDined on 8/23/2014We had a surprise 40th Birthday lunch with our family. We could not ask for anything more! The food & service is always impeccable. We just love eating in the restaurant or the bar on Friday evenings with live music. This is one of our favorite spots. Thank you so much for being part of our special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Evening - Excellent StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were celebrating a birthday and when we had finished, they brought the birthday participant a complimentary piece of their special Sugar Pie which was very good. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the restaurant it once wasvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have enjoyed dinning at The Golden Lamb for more than 40 years. I still enjoy the ambiance, but like many other long time visitors I do not like the changes the new ownership implemented. The free relish tray is gone as are the waitress uniforms. I am sure this was done to reduce cost but the prices appear higher also. The restaurant is part of local history and is worth a visit and support. Wish the new ownership could retain more of the past glory and still earn a reasonable return.Special Features:
- Golden Lamb dinnerDinerDined on 8/18/2014We had an excellent dinner on a slow Monday evening. Food was excellent and service was not rushed. Good value for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dining experience!BucketListDined on 8/14/2014We were seated immediately at a lovely table by the window. The staff welcomed us and provided a sample appetizer tray because it was our first time at the restaurant. We felt a genuine appreciation for our business! Our waitress was friendly and attentive, not overbearing. Our food was excellent and presented in an appealing way. The manager came over and welcomed us as well, which was a nice touch; he demonstrated a very outgoing personality. We truly enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere at the Golden Lamb. We understand why so many people speak so highly of this landmark. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great DiningraggyDined on 8/12/2014Great to be in a restaurant with good food and such historic memorabilia; dining place of the presidentsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Great history. The employees were very welcoming. We were given a free appitizer because it was our first time visiting. The food was wonderful. Definatly will go back for another visit.Special Features:
- A historic GemalcoDined on 8/7/2014The food is incredible with great service. The history of the location goes back to the early 1800 with over a dozen presidents staying even starting back then. If you want to impress for food, history and ambiance in a casual atmosphere, look no further. It is worth a trip just to enjoy.Special Features:
- A great package!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We booked an overnight stay as well as dinner at the Golden Lamb. The people at the Golden Lamb are very attentive and even remember one's name from one's reservation. It is a very special place and a wonderful place to dine. The food was delicious and the service was superb!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014WHat a GREAT time we had. Our table, service & food were all outstanding. Each year, nine of us meet at The Golden Lamb. We all are retirees & worked together in the 80's & our annual lunch is a chance to get together, talk & enjoy everyone's company. This was the 5th year & we have always come to The Golden Lamb. Thank you to THe Golden Lamb for always making our lunch experience wonderful & perfect. We will see you next year too. A special thanks to Neil, our server, who was so gracious & attentive to all our needs, including picture taking! Marianne HauckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItglbuffsDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I were very pleased with the entire meal at dinner. We loved the lunch menu. Service was excellent at both meals. We will definitely come back again to celebrate an anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good value.dbeyerDined on 8/2/2014First time diner here at the restaurant! Good good and great environment. Only gripe is the price. I didn't think the food was a great value. My portion was fairly small for a $23 meal. I guess you pay a little extra for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable historyGPSIGDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed both the tavern for lunch and the dining room for dinner. Food was very good and well prepared with a selection that can please any interest. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful!TravelerDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were both as remembered. Wonderful. I just wish they still had the peanut butter pie they had years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB in all aspects!DOTdinesDined on 8/1/2014Our now 15th annual college alum luncheon was superb. Some had not seen each other in 52 years this time; it was made even better by your pleasant gentleman server who was delightfully accomodating in every way. KUDOS TO HIM! We feel that the GL's product is exceptional. No rush, no fuss, great gourmet food at reasonable prices are the Golden Lamb's signature reasons for our annual return dining. The banana cream pie is a must! Open Table is the facilitator for easy pre-planning with our requests ALWAYS happily accomodated by the GL management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living in HistoryMarieDined on 7/27/2014This lovely place is like returning to a day in our great grandparents world. Luckily, the food remains current, well chosen and good! A great place to show young ones another world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks AgainReggieDined on 7/27/2014Once again we brought another couple here for Sunday lunch and everything was wonderful. It is so nice to have quality and a home town gem all in the same restaurant. And to top it off is the historic charm that make everyone feel at home. Thanks again. ReggieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charles CampchazavaDined on 7/26/2014This is where we go for special occasions. As a couple or to take out friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable dining experienceOrgelspielerDined on 7/24/2014We always have an enjoyable experience dining at The Golden Lamb. The food is outstanding, the service is excellent, with friendly, competent servers. The ambience is lovely, with all of the historic trappings displayed in a peaceful setting. The menu has a nice variety, so that one can try something different, and not be disappointed, each time. The Signature Salad is always wonderful, and a personal favorite is the Free-Range Roasted Turkey Breast dinner. The Great Northern Bean Soup was exquisite! We also enjoy browsing in the Gift Shop after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Food was great and atmosphere and service was great.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!LisaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Even though all the entrees on the menu look and sound delicious, I can't get past the turkey dinner! It is SOOOOO good. This time the turkey was especially delicious. My husband had the walleye--loved it--and my neice had the ribs-cleaned her plate. We also had dessert, which we usually don't do but just couldn't resist. Perfect way to end a fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased with our meallongtimefansDined on 7/15/2014We have been patrons of the Golden Lamb since the late 60's. There have been so many progressions in the restaurant there. We were pleasantly surprised to experience this new(to us) menu and type of service. It fits into a fine dining category. The variety of offerings and portion sizes were perfect for healthy eating practices. The presentation was upscale. The food, service and setting met with our liking. The only negative comment we had of the facility was that the carpets and floor coverings look very tired. Replacing them would really give a lift to this classic facility. We will return soon to enjoy another nice meal in a great setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvhistoricalplaces2eatDined on 7/15/2014Our dining experience was outstanding. was there to celebrate my mothers and my birthdays. The service was exceptional, the waitress was very patient and friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed and elegant. Would definitely recommend. Was there a few months ago with my daughter having lunch in the tavern, and the experience was just as wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in Southwest Ohio .OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Try anything on the menu that has a golden lamb or signature stamp; you will not go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service; charmingFamilyManDined on 7/12/2014We recently visited The Golden Lamb for my wife's birthday and couldn't have been happier with our experience. The food was fantastic, the service was great, and you couldn't find a better setting (especially for a history buff like myself). Overall, a wonderful experience. I would recommend The Golden Lamb to literally everybody.Special Features:
- Golden LambCrazyBagelDined on 7/8/2014Lebanon has an oldie but goodie in the Golden Lamb as a place with a Nostalgic past and a stoic presence. Great place for a nice brunch/Lunch for a business meeting setting . The salads were great and the service was par.Special Features:
- PooterDined on 7/7/2014Great food and service. I highly recommend both the restaurant and the inn in which it is located!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of HistoryKMRickertDined on 7/6/2014Nice way to enjoy a good meal surrounded by history. Make sure to try the house salad with their celery seed dressing. We can't get enough of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Food was well presented and prepared. Will return for other special events.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NewNtownDined on 7/2/2014We went with friends who were visiting from out of state and had a wonderful experience. We arrived early as we didn't realize the shops in town closed at 5:00 so we decided to have a pre-dinner drink in the tavern after visiting the gift shop. It was very quaint and the service was outstanding. We went upstairs for dinner and the ambience, service and food were perfect! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- XUJul86Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and good service with a nice historic background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceDan1Dined on 6/26/2014The Golden Lamb is fantastic! Put this on your to do list. Outstanding food and lots of history. After dinner go upstairs check out the hotel it's very neat. Highly recommend the lamb, it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014Went for the burger and beer pairing. The "burger" was BBQ pulled chicken (?) with an IPA. I tried their regular beef burger. Ordered it medium and it came well done. Was still good. Very nice brioche bun and fresh cut fries dusted with parmesan cheese. Delish! Acoustic guitar player in the Black Horse Tavern (the GL's bar) was a nice touch. Gavin the bartender was spot on. Will definitely go again. Menu looked very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchSteveDined on 6/25/2014Met friends in from out of town, Golden lamb was a unique place they had not been before. Very good menu choices, service was excellent and food was very good. A very nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Always SuperbLisaVIPDined on 6/22/2014We have been visiting the Golden Lamb for brunch lately. The choices are wonderful. I tend to order the omelet with the biscuit and apple butter and the most amazing breakfast potatoes. My husband had the French toast. The coffee is fantastic and our cups were kept full. I love the ambience of the dining room and always take a little tour of the hotel. When you go up to the second floor, you can go outside and sit on the balcony. After your meal, you can stroll around downtown Lebanon and walk off the calories!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place for Fine DiningCelaBrateDined on 6/21/2014If you are seeking a place with good food, expertly prepared, and properly served, this is the place for you. The ambiance is wonderful and it is possible to conduct quiet conversations while dining. It is a restaurant and inn where wonderful memories are made!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to go!Debbie3DDined on 6/20/2014The food, atmosphere and service is great at the Golden Lamb! If you are north of Cincinnati you have to go. The food was delicious and service was great. After we ate we showed our friends the famous rooms where US presidents and other famous people stayed. This place is a gem, not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time from out of townIlovefoodDined on 6/16/2014This was our first time to Cincinnati so I looked up what to do and this was on the "50 things to do in Cincinnati" It was wonderful food was good and the staff was awesome even though it seemed that they were a little short handed that night. But everyone was working together and didn't miss a beat. Loved it....I would recommend this to a friend.