The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge
7700 Stein Way
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steinlodge.com/
- Phone: (435) 645-6455
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Breakfast: Daily, 7:00am - 10:30am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily, 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zane Holmquist
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Treat groups and gatherings of all sizes to the award-winning dining Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley is known for. From casual to the most culinary, our seasoned culinary and event teams can create the perfect dining experience for your needs. For more information and menu choices, contact us at email@example.com or (866) 773-8980.
- Private Party Facilities: Full ballroom, private dining rooms and break areas. An inspiring environment helps to create a special moment that everyone will remember, and few places in the world are as inspiring as Steins. In addition, our incomparable service will make sure that your event is exquisitely planned and executed, so nothing interferes with the occasion and everything within our means is done to enhance it. We can cater the event with our world-renowned dining, provide any audio or video equipment needed, or better yet, our event coordinators can take care of all of these details for you.
- Private Party Contact: Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley Group Sales (866) 773-8980
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment during the winter months at Aprés Ski and weekly Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: An inspiring environment helps to create a special moment that everyone will remember, and few places in the world are as inspiring as Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley. For more information or to book your event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 773-8980.
- Cross Street: Royal Street
- Public Transit: The town of Park City offers a complimentary transit system that runs regularly from 7:30am to 10pm everyday. If you have questions on departure times, please contact the Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley concierge at email@example.com or (435) 645-6460.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Paid valet parking in underground, heated garage.
A word from The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge
Alpine elegance, an innovative menu and an award-winning wine list have combined to make the Glitretind at Stein Eriksen Lodge Park City’s most breathtaking dining experience. Nestled among picturesque aspens at Deer Valley Resort, the Glitretind offers regional American cuisine in a warm and elegant setting. Executive Chef Zane Holmquist’s savory dishes are served daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Treat yourself to Utah's "Best Sunday Brunch” with live in the Glitretind, presented weekly with live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Relaxed RomanticismgoodeatingVIPDined on 10/12/2014What a treat. The attentive staff took the reins immediately upon entering and the evening was a delightful one. With the temps outside dropping the Pear cocktail was a perfect starter to a meal that included a delicious butternut squash soup with pork accent, duck and wild rice waffles (Yum), a hearty pork chop surrounded by savory accompaniments....all while seated near the cozy fireplace. The tones were hushed and the atmosphere glowing. Perhaps it was enhanced by the fact that we were celebrating 29 years together! Even so, we will return.Special Features:
- MediumMeatHeadDined on 9/29/2014We love going up to Stein Eriksen Lodge for our anniversary and eating at the Glitretind. This year the Glitretind wasn't up to the usual excellence we are used to. Sunday night they were understaffed, but the food was excellent. Monday the service was better, however they couldn't get my wife's steak done correctly. It came out cold and rare, we had them take it back and asked for it to be medium. It came back out slightly warmer, but no where close to even medium-rare. Didn't want to take the time to send it back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!AnnieDined on 9/24/2014Love the atmosphere, food and service! We've been several times and had had wonderful experiences. This time it wasn't as great but I still love it. The panna cotta dessert was disappointing - like a gel, not creamy. Lamp chop didn't have enough meat - maybe 2 ounces. Needs 3oz. Service a bit slow to begin but got better.Special Features:
- MimiVIPDined on 9/19/2014Service was EXCEPTIONAL, we only had two complaints 1. served warm champagne, when we told the sommelier it was immediately rectified 2. Despite ordering med rare, entree came medium to medium wellSpecial Features:
- BreathtakingFoodienoobieDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is inside the Sten Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley Resort. Just entering is an experience: the lodge is beautifully decorated and just outside the restaurant there is a large terrace with amazing views of the mountains. We took advantage of the off-season 2for1 coupon as it is not an inexpensive place...but it is absolutely worth, especially for special occasions. My husband ordered the tenderloin, which he deemed excellent (and he is a filet mignon snob). My salmon was excellent too, although I was not too keen on the cauliflower gratin. Dessert was amazing- we had the rhubarb and raspberry , and the triple chocolate. Service was very good, although after the food was served it became a bit slow. All in all, outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014The waitress we had embarrassed my guest by correcting her. Big mistake for a service staff to do. She made her look foolish and my guest wanted to leave. It had to do with a name of a wine. a white Bordeaux I believe.
- Outstanding dessertClaymoreDined on 8/14/2014I've never tasted anything like the rhubarb raspberry sorbet, the flavor, so unique and yet just the right mix of tart and sweet. It was a perfect end to a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Exceptional!flahoolzebubDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great. Cara the sommelier really knew her wines, and was very helpful in aiding us with our wine selections.Special Features:
- ExcellentLAfoodiesDined on 8/8/2014I had high expectations coming into the restaurant and was not disappointed. The food quality and service were excellent. The menu was varied, but more importantly unique. Each dish was presented well and infused a variety of flavors and aromas, creating a wonderful dining experience. The wine list is extensive, albeit pricey. What stood out about it was the very large selection of half bottles. This allowed us to pair a wine with our first and second course. If there is one request I would make--and this applies to most restaurants--is for a simple dessert of something like fresh berries (particularly in the summer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge reviews archive.
- Incredible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Beautiful setting in an exclusive hotel. Best of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentJudyDined on 7/23/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the Park City area. The food is inventive and always delicious. I have a summer birthday and choose to come to it. My only tiny complaint might be that the desserts aren't up to that standard of the rest of the food. So I just order more of the other things and then I am too full for dessert! Kudos to the chefs!Special Features:
- Park City GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014This is hands down the best Resort restaurant for dinner we have ever eaten at or at least tied with Spago at the Four Seasons Maui. Don't be afraid to try anything. The Chef is adventuress and you'll be we'll rewarded!Special Features:
- Quality Food,extremely slow servicekchanVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was terrific, but the service was terribly slow. We had such long pauses in between each course and finally waited another 25 minutes just to get our bill. Plan on a 3 hour dinner that isn't due to continuous course tasting but waiting. A shame the food is so good, but I guess you just have to be patient and wait for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cejkaVIPDined on 7/7/2014sit outside. lovely view. lovely menu. they even had walleye.Special Features:
- Great dinnerGoBlueFanVIPDined on 6/22/2014Soup of the day and dinner specials are always a good choice. Unique entrée choices like duck with waffles, as well as more traditional: wild salmon, chicken and lamb. Presentation was lovely and vegetables were nicely prepared. Service was attentive. We were celebrating a special occasion that the chef noted with a chocolate message on our dessert plate.Special Features:
- Amazing Deer Valley RestaurantPearlsDined on 6/20/2014The staff were very experienced and professional! The menu offered a variety of interesting and unique options for our table of 6 adults. The preparation of the food, from appetizer to dessert, was artistic and to perfection. The vegetarian entree that was offered and that I selected was delicious!Special Features:
- excellent servicesuziqVIPDined on 6/17/2014Enjoyed diner on a tues evening very quiet and romantic. Chicken was excelent and the Salmon the best I have ever had. Should have tried the duck though after reading the reviews. Great view with an unseasonably Summer snow gave us anidea what winter must be like except no crowds. They even called me to saw they had found my lost earing, excelent service not too pushy. The special tomato soup though was a disappointment, tasted like they opened a can and dumped in some corn and chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary like no otherOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014The Norwegians always give us spectacular anniversary memories!Special Features:
- Duck & Waffles - A MustwillBback4moreDined on 5/23/2014My husband laughed when I said I was going to order the Duck & Waffles. However, it was to die for! I received three large portions of duck breast in addition to smaller pieces spread out around the plate. The duck was cooked perfectly (medium) - not fatty at all. The waffles just melted in your mouth. I can see why it is a staff favorite. Other notable things: Fireball martini - unique & tasty. Cheese plate appetizer - featured very interesting cheese from England. The wine list was comprehensive - you won't be disappointed. Service impeccable. Chef made my husband's 50th birthday special by creating a lovely dessert plate. Dress code - everything from formal to jeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014The restaurant is set in the beautiful lodge at Deer Creek. The service and food were both excellent. My husband and I will definitely return for an opportunity to try different dishes. We enjoyed the Duck and Waffles as well as the filet and they were prepared perfectly. The serving size was good too. Dessert was to die for so save some room and enjoy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014The was an outstanding dinning experience for us. Our waiter cogenial and was right on the spot all the time.The food was excellent and very unique. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class by itselfRay007Dined on 5/17/2014Zane has done a wonderful job of creating a wonderful menu such great flavors and presentation. I have had the pleasure of dining all over the world and just returned from France, and by far Zane creates great food to enjoy here at Deer Valley. 5 StarsSpecial Features:
- FancyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2013The food was incredible. You can't go wrong with any of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/26/2013Overall, we had a nice evening. However, the flow of the food was too fast. We were not yet done with the appetizer and the main course arrived. Felt the evening was on the staff's pace, too rushed. Food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked itGoodDined on 11/25/2013It was good - I'll go back. I don't get what all the fuss is about, though.
- One of Utah's BestRabbiDined on 11/24/2013Great food, excellent service, and a beautiful mountain view: What more could a person want in fine dining? The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge is one of the best restaurants in Utah.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, Okay foodBleueyedkateDined on 11/22/2013The hotel as a whole is beautiful. It sits right in the mountains. Our waiter that we had was good, but not super friendly. My husband and I ordered mussels as part of our appetizer, and they were gross! I ordered the tenderloin which was delicious and cooked exactly as I asked. I also had a peach Manhattan which was really good as well. The reason I gave three stars is mainly because I was disappointed in a couple of the things we ordered, and for the cost, I expected to be really impressed. I feel that there are cheaper restaurants in the Salt Lake and Park City areas with food that is just as good if not better.Special Features:
- Fantastic nightwjfoodieDined on 11/21/2013I had high expectations for this visit and was not disappointed. What a lovely night. Great food and a quiet romantic setting in a beautifully appointed restaurant. The snow was lightly falling. Everything on the menu sounded divine, but then the waiter "Jim" would explain it further and would pique your interest even more. I'm a foodie at heart, but know if you don't have service to equal the experience it can be a ruined evening. I don't think I've ever had such a knowledgeable waiter, he was like a storyteller but not over the top, he only gave his opinion or history of the food if you asked for it, but made our experience so pleasant and unforgettable. Thank you to the staff, facility and great chefs for a fantastic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful quiet dinner!PCDinerDined on 11/17/2013This was our first time here, but definitely not our last. The Sea Scallop appetizer was absolutely delicious with scallops seared to perfection and served with a wonderful green tea broth and tasty soba noodles. I could have made a meal of just scallops! My husband had the Beef Tenderloin and claimed it was not only the best cut of meat he has had in Park City, but also prepared EXACTLY the way he likes. Service was timed very well so that the entire meal flowed from one course to the next. The restaurant was very quiet since it is not yet the busy season; it may be much noisier once ski season gets underway. We had a lovely table near the window overlooking Deer Valley's ski runs and a nice warm fire burning in the nearby fireplace.Special Features:
- Shines, even in off seasonschindlerpisteDined on 11/3/2013Regardless of the season, this is one of my favorite places to dine in Park City. The food is consistently good. The service and atmosphere cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but overall mediocrePCResidentsVIPDined on 11/2/2013A restaurant needs three things in my book to be great. Here's how the restaurant at the SEL ranks... 1. Food - amazing, one of the best meals I've had. 2. Service - poor to mediocre. Bad hostess decorum, not very attentive waiters and front of house is terrible overall. manager knew of issues we had and didn't even bother to acknowledge or discuss them, very arrogant attitudes. 3. Ambiance - good, ski lodge type feel but nothing special. I was ok with it since the food was amazing. Views are great but at night that doesn't matter since it's dark anyway. So would I go back? I don't know. For $100 per person there are other more consistent choices in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very noisyGoBlueFanVIPDined on 10/26/2013Chef offers delicious food with a unique presentation, such as duck with waffles. Service was attentive and helpful. The only complaint was the acoustics in the lovely dining room. Tables of 2 or 4 struggled to hear one another because of the noise level from groups at larger tables. By 9 pm the large groups departed, and the rest of us could dine without leaning over the table to be heard.Special Features:
- Excellent!NamieVIPDined on 10/20/2013Wonderful food, ambience, service! Perfectly and beautifully prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestWalkDined on 10/15/2013One of the best restaurants in Utah! Food was excellent and extremely well prepared and presented. Baked Alaskan was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even the bread was amazingPleased1indeedDined on 10/5/2013The overall quality of the food was superb. The hand crafted breads to start the meal were delicious. From that point each course got better and better. Never have I had the privilege of experiencing such perfection. The service was impeccable and the waitstaff were quite knowledgeable which helped a novice such as myself. I found nothing to to be disgruntled about which is a nice change in this day and age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in all regardsJerryB2272Dined on 9/28/2013Food & presentation was excellent. Overall would rate this in the top five places over the world we have dined for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMeatHeadDined on 9/28/2013My wife and I go to the Glitertind every year for our anniversary. We have tried other restraints but always end up back here. You just can't beat the food or the wine list which is extensive and expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2013The food is always good and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- It has been many years sincejaimannDined on 9/21/2013It has been many years since we dined here. Thought it would be a great place to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We were NOT disappointed. Better than ever, and an exceptionally friendly and professional staff. Great place for celebrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good!MeeshDined on 9/20/2013I'm not particularly a foodie, but I thought the food and presentation was good. Both my meat, and my husbands meat was somewhat cooler, it wasn't cold, but it definitely wasn't warm.Special Features: