The Glenview House
1843 Glenview Road
Glenview, IL 60025Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Glenview House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theglenviewhouse.com/
- Phone: (847) 724-0692
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm (bar open until Midnight), Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (bar open until 2:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeff Modica
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Glenview House is pleased to provide our guests with a spacious second floor; which features, roughly, a 1000 square foot dining room with an accompanied private bar that features a cozy fire place, leather chairs and a big screen television. The dining room also is complimented by a big screen projector with computer connectivity to suit any business or personal gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Johnson 8477240692x
A word from The Glenview House
We here at Glenview House take pride in providing you with the tastiest of beer, homiest of foods and most genuine of service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Glenview House reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A classic Glenview establishmentsurburbanchickDined on 11/22/2014The Glenview House is a classic Glenview establishment that has been revamped for the better. The food, ambiance, and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthdaygourmet123Dined on 11/7/2014Great cocktails and beer selection. Food was basic with a flair. Appetzer of the fried cheese curds served with a red sauce were fantastic. Burgers short ribs roasted chicken are all wonderful. Checknit outSpecial Features:
- Glenview Housegourmet123Dined on 10/25/2014Very basic dishes with a gourmet flavor that is wonderful.Cheesy grits with short ribs is delicious as well as the three beef burger. Do not forget the homemade pretzel appetizer served hot with a cheese sauce love it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiredDisappointedDined on 10/20/2014I brought my out-of-town family member here due to the convenient location but hadn't been there in quite some time. I think 7 out of 8 of us did not really enjoy our entrees. So much so that it was a point of discussion directly after the meal.
- Great Neighborhood restaurantLindellaDined on 10/18/2014We went there on a friend's recommendation, and we were happy with the choice. The menu is relatively small, but the food we chose was quite good. My friends had the chicken entrée, it looks delicious and they loved it. I had the salmon over Chinese noodles, and that was also very good. Our waitress was wonderful. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDiningoutVIPDined on 9/27/2014We never visited the Glenview House when it was just a local drinking hang out but when new management took over many years ago and it became a "gastro pub" we dined here many times and enjoyed it. This last visit was very disappointing. The service was not good and for whatever reason the bar did not have any cocktail onions requested for a martini. I had short ribs and my husband had fish (tilapia) tacos. Both were nothing specials. Perhaps they're under new management. We're not rushing back.
- Good meeting placeunpaidcritic2Dined on 9/19/2014The menu is varied and the food good. Can't get over that they only have one unisex bathroom on the first floor. Weird.Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the The Glenview House reviews archive.
- A real asset for GlenviewradiocampaignDined on 6/18/2014Glenview House offers the kind of gastropub experience that is plentiful in the city but fairly rare in the suburbs. Great food, great beer, great vibe. We'll go back again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualFooddocVIPDined on 6/7/2014I am giving a 5 star rating comparing Glenview House to other similar restaurants. This is not upscale dining; it is value-priced, high quality, interesting, delicious food!! It has TVs and the bar on the lower level, but upstairs is quiet dining for those kinds of people. What it does have, that exceeds many expensive places are beer, wine and liquor lists that are incredible! My wife is a chardonnay person, and there were 7 by the glass!! We had a huge, very good Caesar salad, and an excellent tomato biisque. My wife loved her short ribs, and my Cuban sandwich was fabulous. We come here often and will continue to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here's the BeefdsscpaVIPDined on 5/15/2014Love the triple beef burger, it is terrific! Good bar too! My kids love the place, I get to watch the game and my better half likes her Cosmo. It is a winner folks!Special Features:
- FunSharonVIPDined on 5/9/2014We have eaten here a number of times and have enjoyed the food. We brought friends who had never been there. They really liked .the sandwiches are good and they have a nice selections of beers and wines. It's a popular place and they have some tables outside both front and back.Special Features:
- dsscpaVIPDined on 4/23/2014A fantastic triple beef burger experience you will not forget!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseBeckyMVIPDined on 4/19/2014I used to go to the Glenview House when it was more of a bar back in my younger days. I knew it had been remodeled and repurposed but hadn't tried it. Very pleasant surprise. Nice ambiance and really good food. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood SpotUsualSuspectVIPDined on 4/12/2014Decent beer menu (although we were given an "old menu") and good overall food menu. Disappointed they were out of my 1st selection (french dip). My ruben sandwich was average at best and my GF's fish tacos were decent. Best part of the night was sitting outside & enjoying the night. Not so bad that we won't be back but might look for other places in advance.Special Features:
- The service was below average.yumyumDined on 4/12/2014The service was below average. We were seated in the bar area so we did not experience the dining room which was disappointing. The TV at the booth was distracting and we weren't able to find our waiter to ask him to turn it off and we were unable to turn it off at the table. Frustrating experience.Special Features:
- Favorite Local Spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2014I love that they change the menu seasonally and the 3 Beef Burger is the best They have a great beer list, make great cocktails and the wine selection is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation but hadmountainshadowDined on 3/29/2014Had a reservation but had to wait for a table. Service was ill timed on delivery of the food. Food was worth the wait however.Special Features:
- dinner and a showmydgDined on 3/15/2014This place is so charming, you feel like you are in a different era. Our waiter was nice as could be, but never filled our water, didn't come back to ask if we wanted more drinks, brought fries instead of mashed potatoes and was confused when we mentioned that mashed were ordered, not fries, didn't offer to take them back. We asked for mustard, it never came. We had to flag him down to get attention, even then, what was asked for didn't come. All silly stuff, but it added up to a less than great experience. We were a party of three, two men and a woman. There were two loud parties at tables and we could barely hear each other over them. We were there for a night out, we are young and are used to noise, but it was all a bit annoying.Special Features:
- We'll be backradiocampaignDined on 3/15/2014Just moved to Glenview from the city and am happy to have found this place. The food is definitely a couple notches above standard bar fare, and the beer list is great. Prices are reasonable, too. It's the sort of place you can find in most every neighborhood in the city, but so far it appears to be one of a kind in Glenview. Look forward to going back often.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 3/10/2014Consistent! Never disappoints! Excellent fish tacos.... Enjoyed by all!Special Features:
- Great for people who loveFryfreakDined on 2/22/2014Great for people who love different beer. Food Good. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees Not AvailableweeklydinersDined on 2/15/2014Very dis-appointed! Arrived at 7pm, ordered cocktails and appetizers only to find out 5 minutes later that the cod, scallops and strip steak were no longer available. That's almost half the entrée menu! No one from mgmt came to apologize as the waitress was only the messenger. Needless to say we didn't stay for dinner. This was our first time and most likely our last. You never get a second chance to make a first impression!!
- Wonderful eveningDrJimDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful food, helpful and attentive staff, nice environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a GastropubFooddocVIPDined on 2/7/2014GH is outstanding especially for a beer place! Their selection of beers is amazing. I even had alcoholic Root Beer! The menu changes, and it is always interesting. Tonight my wife and I shared an excellent Caesar salad, the quality of which rivals upscale steak joints! It was huge, and should be shared! Fortunately I only had a cup of very nice minestrone for my starter, so I could help her out. She raved over her short ribs, a big chunk of beef that also provided a snack for the doggies. I finsihed my lobster mac and cheese: lots of sweet lobster meat, and a great cheese sauce. Prices are right, the service is tops, and you can dine in the bar area to watch TV, or upstairs where it is quieter. Fantastic!!! Easy to come back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile restaurantWorkintheloopVIPDined on 1/17/2014We visited on an early Friday night with kids, and upstairs dining room was perfect. Downstairs appears to be a little more lively bar/pub atmosphere. Great food selection, and beer/wince selection. Close to Metra station to avoid driving. This place can work for small to large groups, casual to more special occasion meals. Old, historical building with some photos from the old days on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014Glenview House reminds me of the pubs that are prevalent in London. There is a choice of the quiet upstairs dining room or the more boisterous pub on the first floor. For a nice dinner, we head upstairs where conversation is always easy. Tucked away in a corner is a whiskey bar where we have yet to try the optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a Saturday night reservationDineout2Dined on 12/21/2013Made a Saturday night reservation for me and my mom with my sister's (3) children. Had to push back the reservation and when I called the restaurant to let them know we were running 15 min behind- the hostess was both friendly and accommodating. Once we arrived they sat us at a booth and without having to ask changed the channel on the tv to NICK for the children to enjoy. Our server was polite, efficient and patient. It was truly an easy and great experience for our family and the kids have already asked if they can go back. Thank you for creating such a family friendly atmosphere with great affordable food and staffing your restaurant with friendly and knowledgeable service staff. Cheers!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2013We had three generations of diners together for a birthday celebration and everyone enjoyed their flavorful meals. Menu was diverse and interesting to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glenview houseJaykayVIPDined on 12/14/2013Really enjoy the Glenview House. Great neighborhood bar & grill. Don't go until 7 if you want to avoid the young kids or sit upstairs. Please bring back the veggie wrap for a vegetarian sandwich option. Also, dessert menu is slim and doesn't appeal much to kids (even teenagers).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go back again just for!DrewCVIPDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I went on a whim as we were in the area for some holiday shopping and a birthday party. We enjoyed all of the dishes we ordered, but I especially enjoyed the Lobster Mac & Cheese. I know that it's becoming commonplace to see the dish on menus, but this one was special. It really had a good amount of lobster meat, the cheese wasn't super heavy, and the chopped up fennel was an extremely nice touch! Oh did I also mention it had a nice hint of black truffle without being over powering? and a beautiful touch of acid from the grape tomatoes. I'm making myself hungry again just thinking about it. Go! Have some. You will not be disappointed. - BrewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday spotEricVIPDined on 11/24/2013Met old friends to catch-up during the Bears game. Shawn was a great server, and Eric was a great manager. The restaurant and bar both look great, and the menu has a lot of options.Special Features:
- come for the ambiance... not foodfitza6Dined on 11/23/2013The food was very disappointing. We ordered a lot and everything that came out of the kitchen was tasteless. Even the nachos. Hire do you mess that up? Oh well. It was a fun night.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2013Front part of first floor is bar area-lively.... off to the side and back of first floor is quieter area. On the weekends the second floor is open and the tables have cloths but still relaxed area. Food has been consistently good on all visits. This last time in two of us tried the turkey burger and it was outstanding... there are dinner entrees as well as sandwiches and salads... something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Pub GrubFooddocVIPDined on 10/19/2013Glenview House is simply a great place to go for good, reaonsblay priced food. The menu is surprisingly varied for a gastropub, and all the selections are interesting. on this occasion, my wife and I had crab chooder, which was great! She had wagyu sliders and i had a pulled pork Cuban snadwich. Both of these were large portions and tasty. There are many different craft beers which are rotated. Easy to go back again and again without tiring of it. Service was prompt and friendly. Plus the multiple TV screens don't hurt!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeperSharonVIPDined on 10/5/2013We have been to the Glenview House a few times,but always sat outside . I didn't know they had a second floor! It's quieter than the first and more upscale then I expected. There were 4 of us and everybody enjoyed the food and the service. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- We were looking for a placeJaykayVIPDined on 10/5/2013We were looking for a place to grab a bite before a movie. This was perfect! Impressive beer selection, yummy burger. My husband was vey happy with the pork sliders. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This isn't the first visitfoodieover40VIPDined on 10/4/2013This isn't the first visit to Glenview House and I've yet to find an entree that I can really get into. Their tomato bisque soup is excellent. Next time I'm going to try the lobster salad because that looked really good. I had the 3 bee burger this time because I thought that should be safe at a place like this but the meat was mushy. It's a combo between braised short ribs, prime rib and ground chuck. I ordered it medium well and it came fairly pink so maybe that's why it was mushy. Would not order it again. I've tried the fish tacos in the past and they were somewhat tasteless. A couple of people had the scallops and they were just "ok". Another of our diners said the chicken was excellent.Special Features:
- This restaurant, which hasOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/28/2013This restaurant, which has great food, has figured out how to keep noisy families downstairs and diners wanting a longer, quieter dining experience upstairs.Special Features:
- This visit was not up to standardPlutoVIPDined on 9/14/2013We're Glenview House fans and have visited several times. This time, however, our food was a disappointment. I had the salmon risotto which only tasted of overwhelming lemon. My wife had the short ribs which had a sauce that tasted burnt. She expected smoky barbecue but this was an unpleasant flavor. Bad dishes but we won't give up on them for one poor meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerJudiVIPDined on 9/14/2013Nice atmosphere, attentive service, good food selection and tasty. Got there early, it was quiet and nice to be able to carry on conversations with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.