the girl & the fig - Sonoma
110 West Spain
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
the girl & the fig - Sonoma
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegirlandthefig.com/
- Phone: 7079383634
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 11:30am - 10pm, late night menu until 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
Saturday Lunch starts at 11 AM.
Sunday Brunch starts at 10 AM.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: John Toulze
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: the girl & the fig CATERS!
We are thrilled that you have considered us for your special party. Our dedication to superior food and service will be apparent from the first moment you inquire about our services until our final farewell when your guests have departed. The variety of our services include picnics, box lunches, casual catering on platters or baskets, family style dining, buffets, stations or full service plated dining. We thank you and look forward to the opportunity to work with you.
- Private Party Facilities: the girl & the fig can accommodate large parties. For all parties over 12, please call the girl & the fig CATERS!
- Special Events: the girl & the fig can accommodate large parties. For all parties over 12, please call the girl & the fig CATERS! at 707-933-3000 ext.16 for more information.
A word from the girl & the fig - Sonoma
Odd name, the girl & the fig, and that’s where the fun begins. Call it eccentric, call it eclectic, call it delightfully spontaneous, as this comfy-cozy restaurant whisks you to Provence and back again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
the girl & the fig - Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
- A family favoriteMikeVIPDined on 6/14/2013This was our second time eating there and we had a wonderful meal....we got to eat on the patio out back which was quieter than inside but just perfect with the weather...everyone loved everything they ordered....this is a "must" stop when you visit Wine Country....we will return on our next trip to Sonoma!Special Features:
- Delicious faredisappointedVIPDined on 6/12/2013I was concerned that this simple looking place would not live up to its rep but yay. It did it did. Delicious food. Wonderful friendly service. A lovely dinner all in all with freshly prepared plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Sonoma GemTravelerReviewVIPDined on 6/4/2013We shared a cheese and fruit plate, our favorite was the smoked goat cheddar (Redwood Hills).The beet salad showcased two vastly different beets and was dotted with a good homemade buttermilk dressing. The chicken thighs were our favorite. The chicken thighs were cooked perfectly and the lemon burre blanc was a perfect kiss.. The duck egg raviolo was mis classified, not a true raviolo. Not the same raviolo made in Italy,more of a deconstructed raviolo. However the handmade raviolo dough was good and the fresh vegetables were even better. Not a bad dish, just not as described. The 2006 Baxter Carignane was delicious and after decanting, truly opened up. Go for the patio, stay for the chicken thighs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved TG&TFKarenDined on 5/25/2013Great place for wonderful meal. Good food, great atmosphere - a must go to place in SonomaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputable restaurant stands up...stensonbDined on 5/24/2013If you have one night to eat dinner in Sonoma, go here. You won't be disappointed. Great menu choices. Great drink choices (including beer!). Great location. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2013What a great place for an incredible lunch. Loved every bite, esp. the cold asparagus soup and the cheese.Special Features:
- didn't meet high expectationsicecreamVIPDined on 5/23/2013With all the hype around this place, I expected more... The cheese plate came with tiny portions of cheese and uninspired accoutrements. Also, my BLT was served open faced, which was NOT indicated on the menu. The fact that a sandwich has only 1 slice of bread is a huge detail to omit. It turned into a sloppy mess all over my face and hands. Unimpressed...
- Highly anticipated gemMissingCaliforniax2Dined on 5/22/2013On a previous trip to Napa and Sonoma, we noticed this hidden gem and decided that upon our return, we would definitely want to visit this lovely restaurant. It did not disappoint. We arrived a bit early for our reservation, and were promptly seated in the outdoor area. This proved perfect for us. The gardens were pretty and well tended. Our server was funny and knowledgeable. She took great care of us all evening, without making us feel rushed. The food was outstanding. My husband had the flounder and I had the lamb. Both dishes were amazing. Everything was so fresh and delicious. A dessert of lavender creme brulee was yummy. The entire evening exceeded our expectations. We can't wait to return to Sonoma and The Girl and the Fig again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb cuisine on the SquareAmesterDined on 5/17/2013The Girl and the Fig really couldn't be much better. A gorgeous bar and restaurant in the historic Sonoma Hotel, with a large outdoor garden for seating, as well. The food is locally sourced, the selections tasty and inventive. Every dish is taken up a notch - but the result is not fussy - it's REAL food. And the cheese selection is transcendent. Friendly, expert service, too.Special Features:
- Great !foodieDined on 5/15/2013as usual The Girl and The Fig did not dissapoint.... if you have not been to this restaurant and have a chance to go DO SO the entire dinning experience wait staff food presentation service is Lovely and memorable.... I have never had a meal here that I did not want to come back for more !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty...iHeartFoodDined on 5/12/2013Service was a bit off, but the food was great... would definitely recommend to anyone in sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sonoma StapleMarkBgoodDined on 5/11/2013In all honesty we were let down a little having to make reservations weeks in advance and with the results we found. The place was busy, not packed at 1 pm on a Saturday, we were escorted onto the patio near a wooden fence by the street. The food was good, not spectacular, and pricey. Our waiter was not overly attentive, but was delivered promptly. We ordered a cheese plate for $18 and were disappointed at the tiny portions, and we received very little guidance from our waiter other than pointing at pre-arranged selections of cheese. A shared sandwich was good, but only like many sandwich shops in any locale. There was no greeting of note nor special "thanks" when we left, so for us, it was an unremarkable visit & left us wanting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to a day in SonomanatescookDined on 5/9/2013I would put this place up against some of the best in the Napa Valley. It may not be as fancy or as refined as some of the really well known one but the food is really good and the atmosphere was great. It was so good we went back the next night. Thanks for a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st ImpressionsVDubVIPDined on 5/6/2013This restaurant was recommended by our innkeeper and we have never had a better referral! The food was divine, the wines exquisite, the service superb, and the experience unforgettable. Talk about a fabulous first night in Sonoma Valley! We look forward to visiting this establishment on each and every one of our visits here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time here,LocalVIPDined on 5/5/2013This was our second time here, with a long gap since the first. Our initial visit was for dinner and was very good; Sunday lunch turned out to be far less interesting. Menu options were not very interesting and portions were tiny. Meh.
- Excellent figs.dacomanDined on 5/3/2013Great experience. We had a wonderful dinner. The staff made great recommendations but were not intrusive. We even returned two nights later to carry out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Girl and the Fig is locatedrtpivVIPDined on 5/2/2013The Girl and the Fig is located right on the square in Sonoma. We had a nice lunch in the garden. They had lots of good salads, sandwiches and soup in addition to California-style entrée choices. Definitely one of the best places we ate at in Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2013We had heard rave reviews for this restaurant, but it turned out to be disappointing. My raviolo was a shocking joke; a salad covered with a tastless layer of floury dry pasta. We were rushed through the whole meal. At one stage i was finishing my started and the waitress turned up with my main. When I commented that I was still on my starter, she commented "don't worry, i'll place it right here for you". The wine was nowhere near chilled, but the waitress kept insisting on topping us up despite me saying I'd prefer to let it chill. Lastly, desserts encompassed fig in everything. My fig and port icecream in a cookie cup was 3 scoops of icecream in a wafer thin paper-tasting cup... bitterly disapointing and boring.
- My favorite in Sonoma Plaza!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013My favorite in Sonoma Plaza!! My favorite in California! Love the fig and arugula salad, omelet specials, quiche, the eggs benedict are among the best ever tasted - everything is so yummy! I was happy to share this treasure with friends.Special Features:
- we very much enjoyed our meal.sdtooDined on 4/27/2013we very much enjoyed our meal. scallops were delicious. portions were an adequate size. really appreciated the heaters and blankets--we ate on the patio.Special Features:
- Lovely location on the cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Lovely location on the corner of The Square in Sonoma. Beautiful old home converted into a French restaurant. Energetic ambiance, but each dining room was crowded rather than cozy. We sat by the front window looking onto the historic Square, but the tables were so dense that the swagged window draperies were resting on my shoulder all evening. The adjacent table was too close to move away. Specialty appetizers goat and sheep cheeses were wonderful. Mussel appetizer was served in an excellent broth and was very tasty. Entres were overpriced for the quality. Seared scallops were tender but unremarkable. For a restaurant in wine country, the wine list had an annoying lack of California wines. No chardonnay to be found.Special Features:
- Great lunch. The pork bellysencarDined on 4/27/2013Great lunch. The pork belly sandwich was wonderful!Special Features:
- Waiter brought us drinks anddaveDined on 4/24/2013Waiter brought us drinks and didn't come back to take our order for 30 minutes.Special Features:
- Meh - good food but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/24/2013It was a Wednesday night in April for a birthday celebration. I had asked for a simple candle with dessert (usually we wouldn't even order it). The waiter succeeded in ignoring us for large parts of the evening - a simple salad and entree took over 2 hours - and g&f forgot the candle. Overall, a disappointing performance. I think they do better most of the time, but need some guidance to get it right more often. We noticed that the waiters did not help each other. While our waiter was ignoring us, others passed by and didn't try to help. Maybe it's a management problem.
- Sonoma MustCarski22VIPDined on 4/24/2013Everything was delicious. The mussels were so good ordered 2 orders. Fig salad so good. Scallops were well prepared. Alex our waiter was awesome.The tables are so crowded it is not private or quite at all.Would go back again if have opportunitySpecial Features:
- Service was a tad slow butoenophileVIPDined on 4/24/2013Service was a tad slow but otherwise it was great!Special Features:
- Food was very good tablesBucearVIPDined on 4/22/2013Food was very good tables were a little cramped, noise level too high for normal conversationSpecial Features:
- It has been a long time sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2013It has been a long time since I've been to this restaurant, but it's as good as ever.Special Features:
- This place has been our stopBruceDined on 4/21/2013This place has been our stop to celebrate our wedding anniversary for four years running. We plan a trip to california with Sunday Brunch at The Girl and the Fig in mind. If you don't visit this wonderful establishment when in the area, then you are crazy.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance.sonomakidDined on 4/19/2013Great food and ambiance. We are locals and we always enjoy coming the "Fig".Special Features:
- Always a treat to dine atAussieDinerDined on 4/18/2013Always a treat to dine at The Girl & The Fig, and this was no exception. Wonderful food, attentive but not obtrusive service, moderate prices...what's not to like?Special Features:
- The restaurant continues toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2013The restaurant continues to maintain a very high standard and we wouldn't think of lunching anywhere else in Sonoma.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013If you are staying near Sonoma Plaza, this restaurant is a must. The food was fantastic and the service even better. And if you love creme brulee, make sure to save some room for the lavender creme brulee.Special Features:
- Been here many times and loveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2013Been here many times and love it. The wait person was good, not amazing but above average. My food came out lukewarm which knocks off a star and the creme brulee should have been cooler. The place is a little cramped and can get loud and the floor is very springy. When people walk there is a little bit of a bounce under your chair. I will go there every time I plan to be in town though.Special Features:
- Tasty Sunday brunchCarolCVIPDined on 4/14/2013We had a delicious Sunday brunch, with every dish a 5 star. The special gnocchi with brown butter was exceptional: tender and tasty. Quiche Lorraine was light and fluffy, a generous slice served with salty frites and a heap of salad greens. I thought I tasted kale, not my favorite salad green, but that was the only false note on that plate. French toast was wonderful. Granola parfait enjoyed by two of our party. Just an exceptional meal. One thing I'd say: when one of our party asked for wheat toast the waiter said the restaurant didn't have it but would put bread on the table shortly. He should have offered to toast the bread, which my companion later requested and received. A great server would have offered. Nonetheless, a great brunch.Special Features:
- enjoyed the evening very much-colorHappygrubbersDined on 4/13/2013enjoyed the evening very much-colorful artwork, moderate noise, very helpful service person- excellent goat cheese/greens with nuts, dried figs- fig and cheese sampler was very tasty and fun to eat- my husband enjoyed the pork chop/potatoes/onions/garlic- salmon starter was tasty but could have had more avocado! a tasty, delicious, fun meal!Special Features:
- Food was good; service not so much.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2013Overall a good experience; able to go for lunch with no problem. My wife and I had several appetizers which were all outstanding (gnocchi being one of them). Cocktails were quite tasty. Server left little more to be desired as if she did not want to be there. We asked several questions about items on the menu and she had no interest or enthusiasm to assist. Would visit again.Special Features:
- It is always a treat to visitLuv2eatVIPDined on 4/11/2013It is always a treat to visit here when we come to wine country every year. A great bistro!Special Features:
- disappointedLisaVIPDined on 4/10/2013Not as good as I remember it to be.....my steak was way oercooked and the service was just blah. Not a great experience to be honest with you.Special Features:
- Our group of four had a mostOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2013Our group of four had a most pleasant dinner experience, with three of us very satisfied with our food and drinks. The fourth- not so good. She did not mention her disappointment until the drive home. See belowSpecial Features: