411 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/dining/thegeorgian/
- Phone: 2066217889x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday:12:00pm – 2:30pm
Georgian Tea: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm – 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gavin Stephenson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from The Georgian
The Georgian features French-inspired Northwest cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gavin Stephenson in Seattle's premier dining room. The Georgian offers The Petite, an exclusive private dining room with seating for up to twelve guests, which is perfect for an intimate get together. The Georgian features live jazz music Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:30pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Georgian - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Georgian reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (81)romantic (56)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- An elegant fabulous place!!!pachamamaDined on 10/22/2014We had the pre-theatre menu and it was one of the best meals I have ever had!!! Every one of the 4 courses was delectable. I would go back again any time. I see that they serve English High Tea so we are going to try one soon. The restaurant is very elegant, with high ceilings, huge crystal chandeliers and enormous windows but it is still inviting and comfortable. I didn't feel as though I had to whisper or not be relaxed and enjoy the wonderful food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2014When one steps into the Georgian, she feels transported in a world of charm and elegance. There's no other way to describe it. Add in the best service, attention to detail and well- thought out menu with wine- pairings and you have the perfect recipe for a day or night to remember. This is my favorite place for dining in town. The Georgian- charming, elegant, one of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in TimesuziDined on 10/21/2014When a city changes as fast as Seattle, it's nice when there's a place that hasn't. No fusion cuisine, no great new combinations, just reliable standbys.Special Features:
- CarrieVIPDined on 10/21/2014The three of us had the 3-course meal for $30. All of the courses were beautifully presented and delicious. My friend really enjoyed the Caesar and two of us had the pumpkin soup, which was wonderful. We all chose the same entree, beef ribs, and really enjoyed them and the sides. As always, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- beautiful setting and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014I dined here solo to enjoy the restaurant week offerings. I knew it was a good choice when they offered me a newspaper. That's a classic way to accommodate a lone diner. The food was excellent, as was the service. I was never made to feel like a second class citizen because I came for restaurant week. All in all; great food, beautiful setting, and top-notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurNt week gemHudsonDined on 10/21/2014Lunch was fabulous! The celery root bisque was amazing, trout superb and pumpkin ice cream with hazelnut cake delicious. I would go backSpecial Features:
- Bad SRW ExperienceFoodieDined on 10/19/2014Service was bad and food was terrible. The trout was way too salty and the burger was very dry. I would have had a better burger at Red Robin. Waitress poured water on my utensils and didn't even offer to exchange for new ones. Waiter had absolutely no idea what was on the SRW menu and even misplaced the ticket in the kitchen resulting in us having to wait another 10 minutes for our food and he said "it would be out in 2 minutes." As much as I love coming to The Georgian, I don't think I will be coming back and certainly not during Seattle Restaurant Week. So disappointed!
- Very niceKelleyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food and service were both excellent. They offer a three course prix fixe menu for the shows at the Fifth Avenue Theater and they're always fun menus.Special Features:
- Always superlative!CindyDined on 10/17/2014Our family loves The Georgian for a special occasion. The food, wine and service always exceed our expectations. We love the formal dining room which makes us feel like we are in Paris! The seared scallops are a standout!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014It is a beautiful restaurant. The food, service, ambiance.....perfect. Loved it. We had dinner, as well as breakfast. No complaints....would recommend it to anyone traveling to Seattle.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Presentation was outstanding!!! The atmosphere and food wa just divine and we would go back in an instant!!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodKC11Dined on 10/11/2014Other than a couple of important issues that we were not impressed with, the food was absolutely wonderful. The restaurant did not have record of our Open Table res. Even though there were plenty of tables free and I had a copy of the confirmation with me, the hostess hummed and hawed and went on and on searching for the res, until she finally told us it is totally fine and seated us. In our opinion, she should have made note of the res. number to make sure they followed up with Open Table to make sure it did not happen again. She should have also not let on it was a problem. Also, our server was not very well trained, which was a bit of a shock and effects your experience in such a beautiful place. Thankfully the food was awesome!!Special Features:
- Good for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014Great for business breakfast. Good food, quick service, reasonably prices.Special Features:
- Ready to go back to the GeorgiantableFor2Dined on 10/4/2014The location and setup for the Georgian is great. The food tasted amazing and the service could not have been better. I will keep this place in mind for the next time I take my wife out for a special quiet dinner. They even included a special little something, showing they paid attention to the note that I included in my reservation stating this was a dinner for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- nwstar509Dined on 10/4/2014There is nothing outstanding about the Menu at the Georgian. If you want a beautiful, romantic place to dine the Georgian is a great place. If you are a foodie looking for a 5 star dining, you better look elsewhere.Special Features:
- An Occasional MissJAG45VIPDined on 10/4/2014To me, a great dining experience consists of three things: nice ambiance, outstanding food and impeccable service. In previous visits, the Georgian Room has scored highly in all three categories. This time, however, we were let down by the service. We arrived at 6:15 and let our server know that we had symphony tickets for 8:00. We made sure to ask if anything we ordered would present a problem with timing. I ordered the three-course special which consisted of an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert; my wife ordered an appetizer, a salad, and an entrée from the regular menu. By the time both entrées arrived we were getting pressed for time and had to request our check before dessert arrived in order to make the concert.Special Features:
- went for the haiibutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014and stayed for the hell of it. Fantastic fish. My one recommendation would be to use chopsticks that aren't the disposable wooden type. Would it really cost The Georgian much more to get real chopsticks?Special Features:
- A perfect dining spotVissidarteVIPDined on 10/1/2014of beauty and calming quiet with excellent service. The food is always tops as is the most artistic plating and presentation. This overlooked fine eatery amounts to a most satisfying and affordable experience. The decor is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for B,L,D or High Tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellentPre5thDined on 9/28/2014The Georgian is always outstanding in food, ambiance, and service. We have never even had an "average" meal there. It is always excellent.Special Features:
- AwesomeShatmasDined on 9/27/2014Took my Mother and Brother to the Georgian for Afternoon Tea and Lunch. It was amazing. The service was friendly and efficient, and the ambiance was nice. My Mother and I had the Afternoon Tea, and it was amazing, my Brother went for the burger and fries which he enjoyed thoroughly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, the menu was reasonably priced and affordable for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's one of our favorite eateriesVissidarteVIPDined on 9/24/2014with great food, beautifully plated and carefully served. Great to bring friends or business associates as the low key atmosphere allows for conversation. The service is unobtrusive but first-class. The dining room is a must experience: Old World but - like all Fairmonts - the interiors are updated and meticulously neat and clean. It's a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.live2eatDined on 9/23/2014Excellent food; top service. We will return. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don JuanDonJuanDined on 9/13/2014The Georgian is Aces with me. A Night to Remember.Special Features:
- Tea time!elle89VIPDined on 9/13/2014I loved the tea time at the Georgian! We got the Earl Grey which was fragrant and delicious. The berries were a lovely start and the tiers of scones, finger sandwiches and desserts all tasted delicious! I will be back!Special Features:
- djshaferVIPDined on 9/13/2014For such an expensive breakfast and a beautiful setting/great experience, the food was a letdown. My husband had the buffet and had to add salt and pepper to the eggs as they were very bland and tasteless. The pancakes were so-so and we overheard a guest telling someone one of the cups of fruit had mold on it. I ordered a frittata from the menu and it needed seasoning too. It was a very elegant setting though, and I know that is what we are ultimately paying for, but it really wasn't worth paying $60.00 for breakfast just to have good service and a great setting. The food should match as well.
- A most elegant restaurantRitaVIPDined on 9/8/2014I always go to The Georgian when I having lunch with my clients. It's spaciousness allows you to have conversations that you can actually hear, without having interference from conversations at other tables. The service is always impeccable and the food of very high quality.Special Features:
- Innovative Food Great Dining RoomHaiHVIPDined on 9/6/2014I love coming back several times a year to this great restaurant and for any celebration. We have been going to the Georgian for 15 years and the food has always been spectacular. It is a hidden gem that no one knows about except visitors that stay at the very high end hotel. Every dishes are presented in a very innovative way such as Foie Gras, Amuse Buche, Oysters, crab bisque. The soufflé is a perfect ending. If you like wines, you will like wine pairings or the wine list from a world class sommelier. If you like Canlis or Altura and cannot get reservations, try this restaurant. You will thank me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Room, Gorgeous Food!GauntessVIPDined on 9/6/2014We ordered the Tasting Menu with the paired wines which proved a great choice. Service and presentations were stunning and there was a flourish to every dish. I love oysters but I never eaten them served on top of Ahi and they were delicious, as was the crab bisque. Bread service included 4 flavored butters, tempting us to excess. The Foie Gras to Short Ribs to Soufflé, we savored every bite of our five courses, and enjoyed every paired wine. For such elegance one expects a big tab but we felt the Tasting Menu represented a dining value for what we received, compared to ordering a la carte at many other restaurants. This is an excellent choice for pre-Theatre dining or a special night on the town. We expect to return with other guests.Special Features:
- great restaurantDRreviewsDined on 9/3/2014The food here was great. The service was good, and I felt as though the wait staff was attentive to both me and my wife. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in a classy night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless Dining Experience!PaysonDined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect! Michael, our server was excellent. The food was exquisite, and the ambiance is ideal for romantic special occasions!If you want to impress someone (lady friend) this is the place. :)Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceMerlinDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Georgian! The food and service were outstanding - the presentation was very artful. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- 3.12/4CTR4FDined on 8/29/2014WINES BY GLASS COULD BE BETTER. SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls short on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We chose The Georgian for a special occasion breakfast, but the inattentiveness of the service was quite a bummer for everyone in our party -- waited way too long to order and had to flag down the waiter, those who ordered buffet ate with dirty plates still on the table after their second round, and we waited a long time for the check after finished. Clearly out of line with the expectations of a Farimont, the beautiful ambiance, and prices charged for the experience.Special Features:
- AlexVIPDined on 8/28/2014The black cod was not tasty. Presentations of food were wonderful. Our waiter was marvelouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFrequentDinerDined on 8/27/2014Great atmosphere and attentive service. Very marginal food at expensive prices. We won't be back. Why? There are so many other great restaurants in Seattle. I really got a sense the Georgian has a problem. It's "dated." Very few customers in a large gorgeous dining area.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeaHighTeaGuyDined on 8/24/2014Took my wife out for a wonderful high tea experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDat3nightdin3rDined on 8/21/2014A great special occasion dinner. Price point is such that it is not in our budget often, but most enjoyable. Beautiful dining room. Wonderful personalized service. Food was very good, presentation most artistic, but not fabulous.Special Features:
- Quiet and leisurelyLikesthequietDined on 8/20/2014I chose the Georgian because of its ambiance and because, last year, we had had a gourmet lunch experience there. I knew the service was excellent and that going there for lunch befit a special occasion for one older and three younger women. This year, however, I was disappointed in the food. My crab salad had so much onion it was hard to taste the crabmeat. On only iceberg lettuce, it lacked the tastier mix of greens I've found elsewhere. In addition, the presentation was prosaic--just piled into a bowl. The service was still good and I appreciated both the time and ability to hear all our conversation. Do make sure all your guests arrive or you will have to pay for their absence.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was so lovely until our entree arrived. I had the filet tenderloin with mash potatoes carrots n green beans. Tasetless, I had to add salt (I personally do not use salt) and it didn't help. Maybe it was an off day for the chef.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/2/2014Very relaxing quite dining in old world elegance. Food variety was excellent and the dishes were extremely interesting. Two of us had the rack o fLamb and the others Salmon and a Lobster/Halibut combination. All were excellent however the lobster dish stood out as the best. We were particularly happy with how quiet the dinning room was. Forgot to mention that the Fois Gras was tremendous if you are into that dish.Special Features: