411 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/dining/thegeorgian/
- Phone: 2066217889x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday:12:00pm – 2:30pm
Georgian Tea: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm – 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gavin Stephenson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from The Georgian
The Georgian features French-inspired Northwest cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gavin Stephenson in Seattle's premier dining room. The Georgian offers The Petite, an exclusive private dining room with seating for up to twelve guests, which is perfect for an intimate get together. The Georgian features live jazz music Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:30pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Georgian - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Georgian reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (65)romantic (51)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dependably excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The Georgian is always outstanding in food, ambiance, and service. We have never even had an "average" meal there. It is always excellent.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Took my Mother and Brother to the Georgian for Afternoon Tea and Lunch. It was amazing. The service was friendly and efficient, and the ambiance was nice. My Mother and I had the Afternoon Tea, and it was amazing, my Brother went for the burger and fries which he enjoyed thoroughly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, the menu was reasonably priced and affordable for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's one of our favorite eateriesVissidarteVIPDined on 9/24/2014with great food, beautifully plated and carefully served. Great to bring friends or business associates as the low key atmosphere allows for conversation. The service is unobtrusive but first-class. The dining room is a must experience: Old World but - like all Fairmonts - the interiors are updated and meticulously neat and clean. It's a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.live2eatDined on 9/23/2014Excellent food; top service. We will return. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don JuanDonJuanDined on 9/13/2014The Georgian is Aces with me. A Night to Remember.Special Features:
- Tea time!elle89VIPDined on 9/13/2014I loved the tea time at the Georgian! We got the Earl Grey which was fragrant and delicious. The berries were a lovely start and the tiers of scones, finger sandwiches and desserts all tasted delicious! I will be back!Special Features:
- djshaferVIPDined on 9/13/2014For such an expensive breakfast and a beautiful setting/great experience, the food was a letdown. My husband had the buffet and had to add salt and pepper to the eggs as they were very bland and tasteless. The pancakes were so-so and we overheard a guest telling someone one of the cups of fruit had mold on it. I ordered a frittata from the menu and it needed seasoning too. It was a very elegant setting though, and I know that is what we are ultimately paying for, but it really wasn't worth paying $60.00 for breakfast just to have good service and a great setting. The food should match as well.
- A most elegant restaurantRitaVIPDined on 9/8/2014I always go to The Georgian when I having lunch with my clients. It's spaciousness allows you to have conversations that you can actually hear, without having interference from conversations at other tables. The service is always impeccable and the food of very high quality.Special Features:
- Innovative Food Great Dining RoomHaiHVIPDined on 9/6/2014I love coming back several times a year to this great restaurant and for any celebration. We have been going to the Georgian for 15 years and the food has always been spectacular. It is a hidden gem that no one knows about except visitors that stay at the very high end hotel. Every dishes are presented in a very innovative way such as Foie Gras, Amuse Buche, Oysters, crab bisque. The soufflé is a perfect ending. If you like wines, you will like wine pairings or the wine list from a world class sommelier. If you like Canlis or Altura and cannot get reservations, try this restaurant. You will thank me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Room, Gorgeous Food!GauntessVIPDined on 9/6/2014We ordered the Tasting Menu with the paired wines which proved a great choice. Service and presentations were stunning and there was a flourish to every dish. I love oysters but I never eaten them served on top of Ahi and they were delicious, as was the crab bisque. Bread service included 4 flavored butters, tempting us to excess. The Foie Gras to Short Ribs to Soufflé, we savored every bite of our five courses, and enjoyed every paired wine. For such elegance one expects a big tab but we felt the Tasting Menu represented a dining value for what we received, compared to ordering a la carte at many other restaurants. This is an excellent choice for pre-Theatre dining or a special night on the town. We expect to return with other guests.Special Features:
- great restaurantDRreviewsDined on 9/3/2014The food here was great. The service was good, and I felt as though the wait staff was attentive to both me and my wife. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in a classy night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless Dining Experience!PaysonDined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect! Michael, our server was excellent. The food was exquisite, and the ambiance is ideal for romantic special occasions!If you want to impress someone (lady friend) this is the place. :)Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceMerlinDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Georgian! The food and service were outstanding - the presentation was very artful. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- 3.12/4CTR4FDined on 8/29/2014WINES BY GLASS COULD BE BETTER. SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls short on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We chose The Georgian for a special occasion breakfast, but the inattentiveness of the service was quite a bummer for everyone in our party -- waited way too long to order and had to flag down the waiter, those who ordered buffet ate with dirty plates still on the table after their second round, and we waited a long time for the check after finished. Clearly out of line with the expectations of a Farimont, the beautiful ambiance, and prices charged for the experience.Special Features:
- AlexVIPDined on 8/28/2014The black cod was not tasty. Presentations of food were wonderful. Our waiter was marvelouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFrequentDinerDined on 8/27/2014Great atmosphere and attentive service. Very marginal food at expensive prices. We won't be back. Why? There are so many other great restaurants in Seattle. I really got a sense the Georgian has a problem. It's "dated." Very few customers in a large gorgeous dining area.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeaHighTeaGuyDined on 8/24/2014Took my wife out for a wonderful high tea experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDat3nightdin3rDined on 8/21/2014A great special occasion dinner. Price point is such that it is not in our budget often, but most enjoyable. Beautiful dining room. Wonderful personalized service. Food was very good, presentation most artistic, but not fabulous.Special Features:
- Quiet and leisurelyLikesthequietDined on 8/20/2014I chose the Georgian because of its ambiance and because, last year, we had had a gourmet lunch experience there. I knew the service was excellent and that going there for lunch befit a special occasion for one older and three younger women. This year, however, I was disappointed in the food. My crab salad had so much onion it was hard to taste the crabmeat. On only iceberg lettuce, it lacked the tastier mix of greens I've found elsewhere. In addition, the presentation was prosaic--just piled into a bowl. The service was still good and I appreciated both the time and ability to hear all our conversation. Do make sure all your guests arrive or you will have to pay for their absence.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was so lovely until our entree arrived. I had the filet tenderloin with mash potatoes carrots n green beans. Tasetless, I had to add salt (I personally do not use salt) and it didn't help. Maybe it was an off day for the chef.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/2/2014Very relaxing quite dining in old world elegance. Food variety was excellent and the dishes were extremely interesting. Two of us had the rack o fLamb and the others Salmon and a Lobster/Halibut combination. All were excellent however the lobster dish stood out as the best. We were particularly happy with how quiet the dinning room was. Forgot to mention that the Fois Gras was tremendous if you are into that dish.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in SeattleMattVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Georgian Room continues to be the best restaurant in the City. I have eaten in most of the good places in Seattle and Bellevue and none of them are better, and most aren't even close. The portions are very large. We each took home enough food to have a second dinner. Several months ago we were in Paris and ate at 3 three star Michelin restaurants. The Georgian room can easily stand up to them in quality, service and ambiance. They have a great wine list and the maitre d', Joseph, is very knowledgeable about wine. They even have a lovely combo playing on Saturday night. It is even on the Passport card which gives you one entree free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic presentationmajorfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Had to try The Georgian while in Seattle which meant making an exception to my rule-of-thumb to never dine in a hotel restaurant. Started out with the hot/cold oyster appetizer which was presented flawlessly and tasted heavenly. The main course was halibut and lobster. Presentation was simply over the top, but taste was disappointing. The dish was described as broiled in butter, but very little butter to be found; both the halibut and the lobster were too dry. I would rate the dish only "OK" because the flavor and texture did not live up to the level of the presentation, or the price tag for that matter. Desert was crème Brule, again great presentation but this time taste and texture held up providing a nice finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantFoodieDined on 8/1/2014The Georgian is as elegant as the Fairmont hotel. Romantic place for a special occasion. The food, wine and service were excellent. The only suggestion I have is that they should enforce a dress code. You pay decent amount of money for fine dining. It's in poor taste when guests are dining in T-shirts and shorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Ingredients...darrenswifeDined on 8/1/2014A well thought out dinner menu with fresh ingredients, a nice variety of dishes for all the courses, which they also give you suggestions of excellent wine pairing and a menu that is not heavy with inappropriate dishes just for the sake of increasing quantity at the expense of quality. Truly a gem for the person who enjoys excellent food and a soothing ambiance, thank you Georgian for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Georgian RoomcfamomDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I chose the Georgian Room for entertaining a guest who has not been in Seattle before.It's a restaurant that we can rely on for consistent outstanding food and service. Our recent dining experience confirmed our opinions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - best in SeattleJamesDined on 7/27/2014This local institution is a local jewel with wonderful staffSpecial Features:
- Elegance with substanceTomWisconsinDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is the antithesis of "trendy" - except in the use of local foods. What a wonderful elegance, coupled with outstanding food, beautiful presentation, and great service. At one point in our anniversary dinner my wife commented "We could be in Paris". And I would add "in London, or Vienna, or Prague, or Rome". The timeless elegance of this dining room would fit in any great cosmopolitan city in the world. We're just happy it's in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank you's are welcomedspicedivasDined on 7/21/2014After paying for our lunch which included the gratuity, we never saw our waiter again, perhaps $20 wasn't enough? He never came by to say thank you for coming or I enjoyed serving you. And the dining room was not full. sorry!
- Elegant/traditional dininggraciousdiningDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food with excellent presentation and service. An elegant dining room in a beautifully restored 1920-30's hotel.Special Features:
- A Must for that Special Occassion!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014I took my wife to the Georgian for her birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better venue! It was truly amazing from the moment we drove up to the moment we left. Fantastic service, food and setting. I highly recommend the Georgian for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George396Dined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food and service. Restaurant was elegant, and one I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really quality fine dining.lamour2mangerDined on 6/28/2014My compliments to the chef. The food presentation was outstanding. The service made you feel like royalty. I recommend to experience the luxury of dining there it is worth it.Special Features:
- WonderfulSeattleJenVIPDined on 6/25/2014We have been to the Georgian several times before plays at the 5th Avenue theater. It is by far one of our favorites. Everyone at our table got something different and everyone left happy. The wait staff was great. We love their macaroons and were bummed to not see them on the menu, but our waitor found some and brought them out for the table. They were delicious and they didn't even charge. We love that the Georgian makes you feel special. They really go above and beyond to make your night wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargieDined on 6/24/2014Wonderful food and wonderful service by Juan. The halibut was the best ever.Special Features:
- Quiet elegancecomfortablediningDined on 6/24/2014It was my sister's birthday and we loved that we could talk and linger over really nice food served in a lovely atmosphere. We always used to bring our mother, now gone, to the Georgian room for special occasions, so it was nice for that reason as well. There are few restaurants remaining where background piano music is played and the feeling of being somewhat special is promoted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinnamonVIPDined on 6/23/2014the food was wonderful; the noise level is nice for lunch meetings; unfortunately, we had to wait about 15 minutes for our ticket after we were done with our lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for pre 5th ave blah blah blahdagypsyDined on 6/20/2014special play menu,good food great service decor was nice, good wine selection a bit priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best place in townVissidarteVIPDined on 6/20/2014with great, carefully prepared and plated locally sourced food. The service and the atmosphere is old-world and refreshing, an oasis away from a loud and busy world. We just love coming here and are never disappointed! The entire well-trained staff works together well, and it's a pleasure to watch them serve, set and prepare the tables for the next meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.