411 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/dining/thegeorgian/
- Phone: (206) 621-7889
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday:12:00pm – 2:30pm
Georgian Tea: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm – 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gavin Stephenson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from The Georgian
The Georgian features French-inspired Northwest cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gavin Stephenson in Seattle's premier dining room. The Georgian offers The Petite, an exclusive private dining room with seating for up to twelve guests, which is perfect for an intimate get together. The Georgian features live jazz music Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:30pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Georgian - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Georgian reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)romantic (104)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (23)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Love it- reminds me of the Plaza in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Go with those you love and be in that wonderful room to experience great service and civilized ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. Food, service and ambiance were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Hc777VIPDined on 11/22/2014The Georgian room is like stepping back into a time if elegance with the decor. Everything's we ordered was wonderful and the staff were courteous and prompt yet not too overly attentive. We went for Dine Around Seattle for dinner and both the food and serving sizes were perfect. My husband had the regular menu five course meal and enjoyed each course thoroughly. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish Old SeattleJonyDined on 11/22/2014The Georgian is a great find for those who want a taste of old Seattle with style, charm and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourgeous crystal chandeliers and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014I love the Georgian every time I go. It is a great find in the middle of a hotel. You would never expect there to be such a fine restaurant. The food is always great and very nicely presenting. Only complaint was the halibut was a bit dry. Otherwise, a wonderful place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwinkieDined on 11/21/2014We celebrated my Birthday, my husband's birthday, our anniversary, and when we have out of town guests, we dine at the Georgian. The food, it's presentation, the efficient wait-staff, the understated elegance takes us back in time to the glamour of what It used to be....a stark contrast to the reality of today....Thank you for your continued pleasure that you bestow upon us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant and outstanding foodRinaVIPDined on 11/19/2014A perfect place to dine for dinner. Their Dine around Seattle menu and Seattle Restaurant Week offerings were superb. The atmosphere is romantic and good for a small intimate meals. The prices are affordable if you go during one of the dining deals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly DisappointingReviewerDined on 11/19/2014My favorite things about the Georgian are the beautiful atmosphere and the stellar service. This visit was very disappointing in that the service was very poor. The attention to detail that we have come to expect from this restaurant was missing. We never received our dessert and waited over 1/2 hour for our check. Then, instead of apologizing, the server went into a long detailed explanation why it wasn't her fault. In addition, our portions were ridiculously small. I understand that Dine Around Seattle may bring in people who want to enjoy the restaurant while paying a bit less, but to serve less than one half of a sandwich with a tiny cup of soup is a little insulting. Finally, I am a huge lover of Caesar Salad, but to serve a huge chunk of intact romaine with a solid piece of cheese and one solid crouton on top was impossible to eat and not very tasty. May want to rethink that salad for the future.
- elenasmDined on 11/12/2014Went to Georgian with friend for lunch. Wasn't really impressed either spinach salad for tomato soup. The service and the atmosphere is fancy and great as usual. But It was nothing impressive about the food. The pumpkin cheesecake was really good though. And I have to admit it was 3 for $18 lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014We had the Georgian Tea. The tea sandwiches were lacking. The sizes on two of the sandwiches were one bite and not very appetizing. Did enjoy the shrimp/cucumber sandwich though. We love going to the Georgian, we try to go every year, but the tea is lacking so I'm sure we will order lunch instead the next time we go.Special Features:
- High ceilings and quiet refined ambianceConradSeattleDined on 11/11/2014We sat side by side in one of the sofas and with the high ceilings and the quiet ambience it was a very romantic evening. The dishes were beautifully presented by the courteous and professional staff. The wine list was very approachable with Northwest wines but also had excellent French wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost High BrowblondeshellDined on 11/11/2014Went for DIne Around and were very impressed with the food quality and presentation as well as the on- and off-menu cocktails that were tailored for our request. The restaurant has a lot of original features, which I love. Server was very personable and prompt. The only complaint I have is that THEY LET KIDS IN! Why?! There's no fine dining when you have a kid crying or yelling just to hear itself. Besides, kids don't appreciate haute cuisine and the effort into the aesthetics of it all. I hope the manager changes the policy. A coat check would have been nice, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieVIPDined on 11/10/2014We had the 3-course lunch and loved it! Great spinach salads, loved the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich (My friend enjoyed the risotto.), and our desserts were wonderful - hot chocolate and the pumpkin cheese cake. The Georgian never lets us down.Special Features:
- Food Below ExpectationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014The lamb was overpriced for the amount/quality served. It also had far too much salt.Special Features:
- An ExperiencefunsizedfoodieDined on 11/5/2014My friends and I met here for dinner after work. This is the first time since moving to Seattle that I felt underdressed. The Dine Around Seattle promotion prompted our visit; otherwise the menu prices would have kept us away. We were brought complementary bread and a small dish of fish eggs and goat cheese. Each dish was delicious but not at the same level as some other local restaurants that have a lower price point. The interior design and architecture can't be beat though. If you're looking for the best tasting meal in town, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a place with good food, great wine pairings and a high class vibe, The Georgian is worth a consideration.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014I had picked the Olympic because it usually is quiet and was disappointed there was a wine tasting for much of the time we were there. They called that morning to let me know one would be held but said it would be blocked off. It was actually quite visible and added noise.Special Features:
- They make you feel special!more2learnDined on 11/2/2014I commend The Georgian for offering a lunch menu of uncompromised beauty and quality for Dine Around Seattle! Our lunch was delicious, presented creatively, with kind, efficient service. What a wonderful treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite-even the lettuceSunValley2Dined on 10/31/2014I thought my husband was crazy when he said I had to have a bite of the lettuce in his Caesar salad but he wasn't. It was probably the freshest, tastiest lettuce either of us have ever had. The bread came with four kinds of butter, infused with basil, balsamic vinegar, etc. If the butter and the lettuce are outstanding, you can only imagine how good the rest of the meal is. He had a filet; I had scallops and a beet salad. Everything was perfectly selected and prepared and beautifully served.Special Features:
- The BEST!RainbowDined on 10/29/2014I came here during the Seattle Restaurant Week. The three-course lunch menu was incredible. I absolutely enjoyed the dining experience and it was worth my day off of from work to come here for a special treat with a group of friends. The venue is very quiet and romantic. Only thing is worth to mention, that parking in downtown is more expensive than lunch (no validated parking for lunch). However, with no doubt, I will be back again for special occasions!Special Features:
- EHFHDined on 10/28/2014Love this restaurant. I have been coming here for over 45 years! There is no place like it in Seattle. The food and service was impeccable. It has always been a special treat to dine here. The Georgian and the Hotel is Seattle's Gem!!Special Features:
- Lunch during restaurant weekSuzyDined on 10/28/2014We have a fabulous dining experience. The food was excellent from the soup to the burger and duck fat french fries including the wonderful hazelnut cake and pumpkin ice cream combination. The service was impeccable. The whole event gets 5 stars !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 10/28/2014Fine, tasty lunch (as part of restaurant week). Very flavorful, and wonderfully presented in a spacious, uncrowded, quiet room. The server was friendly but scattered and forgetful, but otherwise it was an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Amazing AmbianceReview123Dined on 10/26/2014This restaurant is gorgeous! I absolutely love the ambiance. The portions of the food ordered were very small. You will not get full at this restaurant. The entrée are more like snacks to me. The pricing for the food is also very expensive, so I'm glad I came here for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gorgeous Georgian!maryVIPDined on 10/26/2014We have experienced brunch here several times. This time we brought another couple. They were wowed! This breakfast buffet is not only reasonably priced but the amount of food is just right. Steel cut oatmeal complete with dried fruit choices plus the Olympics own honey, brown sugar and other garnishes. Fresh fruit, fruit parfaits, and the signature crème brulee topped fruit are part of the display. Assorted pastries and then a crustless quiche and scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. Frequent refills of coffee, fresh juice(a strawberry/orange blend that day) complete the picture. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Kinky Boots DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Dinner was scrumptious as usual. We love the wine pairing and the set menu items. It was very noisy due to an auction going on outside but we managed to enjoy ourselves anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exquisite Afternoon TeaFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed a proper English Afternoon Tea with all the trimmings.Special Features:
- Classic BeautybigdisappointmentDined on 10/24/2014I've lived in Seattle much of my adult life, and although I have gone to the Terrace Bar, I had never ventured into the Georgian for dinner. What a delightful experience. Nice quiet Jazz, great food, delightful wine. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the transition from the bar to the restaurant could have been seamless. I had to close out my bar tab before going up the stairs to the restaurant. My drink should have been brought in for me and the bill should have been included with our dinner bill. Other than that, it was a great experience and we will be going back.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE TO TAKE A CAB TOjprayDined on 10/23/2014I love The Georgian and have always had a wonderful experience here. And I did this time as well, until I got back to my car and found it had been broken into. I had parked at the Olympic's parking garage, right in front of the elevator in plenty of light, avoiding the dark corners but still came back to a car that had been rummaged through with everything tossed around and items missing. Yes, it was my fault to leave boxes in my car - as pointed out by the parking attendant I reported the break-in to, and he also mentioned that I was lucky as "they usually break a window" and mine was still intact. So apparently this is the norm here. Please go to The Georgian, have a great meal and lovely service - but make other parking arrangements!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle gemHappydinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014What's not to like about dining at The Georgian? Talented and creative chefs, top-notch service, good wine list and someone on staff who knows about it, an unbelievably beautiful atmosphere... Every bite of our dinners was delicious and the French Burgundies we chose to sip with them were sublime. We made reservations for Seattle restaurant week and the four of us had different favorites: the super cool salmon rillettes, horseradish cream mashed potatoes with the tenderest of beef short ribs, delicate and delicious ling cod. Yum. We may go again! There are few really fine dining options in Seattle and this one reigns supreme.Special Features:
- Elegant and refinedoldschoolfoodieDined on 10/23/2014We had a delightful meal before seeing "Kinky Boots" at the 5th Avenue Theater. The Georgian offered a special prix fixe menu for the show, which was delicious and featured a delightful kinky boot-shaped cookie on the Cherries Jubilee dessert. We also had the 3 courses for $30, which was delicious -- especially the salmon rillette. The service was outstanding and the wine list had a variety of well chosen wines. We found an Italian favorite for a quite reasonable price. The ambiance of the Georgian is elegant and refined. It is such a nice contrast to the many loud, dark, bustling restaurants downtown. We've not been here for dinner before but would like to return -- especially before 5th Avenue Theater performances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Great presentation! Went for restaurant week. Extremely good value, great service and the food was really good.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionSteaksDined on 10/22/2014Since it was birthday, I wanted to spend it in a special place and the GEORGIAN room gave this to me, I had nothing to complain about except being that they knew it was my birthday, there was no candle on the dessert or special greeting with a small dessert even if the desserts came with our menu, a little candle could have added a nice greeting.Special Features:
- An elegant fabulous place!!!pachamamaDined on 10/22/2014We had the pre-theatre menu and it was one of the best meals I have ever had!!! Every one of the 4 courses was delectable. I would go back again any time. I see that they serve English High Tea so we are going to try one soon. The restaurant is very elegant, with high ceilings, huge crystal chandeliers and enormous windows but it is still inviting and comfortable. I didn't feel as though I had to whisper or not be relaxed and enjoy the wonderful food.Special Features:
- CharmedVIPDined on 10/22/2014When one steps into the Georgian, she feels transported in a world of charm and elegance. There's no other way to describe it. Add in the best service, attention to detail and well- thought out menu with wine- pairings and you have the perfect recipe for a day or night to remember. This is my favorite place for dining in town. The Georgian- charming, elegant, one of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in TimesuziDined on 10/21/2014When a city changes as fast as Seattle, it's nice when there's a place that hasn't. No fusion cuisine, no great new combinations, just reliable standbys.Special Features:
- Lovely all around.LouperDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful food, service outstanding. elegant and quiet. More than adequate spacing between tables s = nice privacy. Waiter was very attentive to all our needs, but especially to our theater curtain call.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieVIPDined on 10/21/2014The three of us had the 3-course meal for $30. All of the courses were beautifully presented and delicious. My friend really enjoyed the Caesar and two of us had the pumpkin soup, which was wonderful. We all chose the same entree, beef ribs, and really enjoyed them and the sides. As always, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- beautiful setting and deliciousfrugaltravelerDined on 10/21/2014I dined here solo to enjoy the restaurant week offerings. I knew it was a good choice when they offered me a newspaper. That's a classic way to accommodate a lone diner. The food was excellent, as was the service. I was never made to feel like a second class citizen because I came for restaurant week. All in all; great food, beautiful setting, and top-notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurNt week gemHudsonDined on 10/21/2014Lunch was fabulous! The celery root bisque was amazing, trout superb and pumpkin ice cream with hazelnut cake delicious. I would go backSpecial Features:
- Bad SRW ExperienceFoodieDined on 10/19/2014Service was bad and food was terrible. The trout was way too salty and the burger was very dry. I would have had a better burger at Red Robin. Waitress poured water on my utensils and didn't even offer to exchange for new ones. Waiter had absolutely no idea what was on the SRW menu and even misplaced the ticket in the kitchen resulting in us having to wait another 10 minutes for our food and he said "it would be out in 2 minutes." As much as I love coming to The Georgian, I don't think I will be coming back and certainly not during Seattle Restaurant Week. So disappointed!