411 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/dining/thegeorgian/
- Phone: 2066217889x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday:12:00pm – 2:30pm
Georgian Tea: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm – 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gavin Stephenson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: The Georgian offers The Petite, an exclusive private dining room with seating for up to twelve guests, which is perfect for an intimate get together.
- Private Party Contact: Bojana Marusic 2062874059x
A word from The Georgian
The Georgian features French-inspired Northwest cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gavin Stephenson in Seattle's premier dining room. The Georgian offers The Petite, an exclusive private dining room with seating for up to twelve guests, which is perfect for an intimate get together. The Georgian features live jazz music Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:30pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Georgian - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Georgian reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (58)romantic (50)fit for foodies (36)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Georgian! The food and service were outstanding - the presentation was very artful. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- 3.12/4CTR4FDined on 8/29/2014WINES BY GLASS COULD BE BETTER. SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexVIPDined on 8/28/2014The black cod was not tasty. Presentations of food were wonderful. Our waiter was marvelouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Great atmosphere and attentive service. Very marginal food at expensive prices. We won't be back. Why? There are so many other great restaurants in Seattle. I really got a sense the Georgian has a problem. It's "dated." Very few customers in a large gorgeous dining area.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeaHighTeaGuyDined on 8/24/2014Took my wife out for a wonderful high tea experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDat3nightdin3rDined on 8/21/2014A great special occasion dinner. Price point is such that it is not in our budget often, but most enjoyable. Beautiful dining room. Wonderful personalized service. Food was very good, presentation most artistic, but not fabulous.Special Features:
- Quiet and leisurelyLikesthequietDined on 8/20/2014I chose the Georgian because of its ambiance and because, last year, we had had a gourmet lunch experience there. I knew the service was excellent and that going there for lunch befit a special occasion for one older and three younger women. This year, however, I was disappointed in the food. My crab salad had so much onion it was hard to taste the crabmeat. On only iceberg lettuce, it lacked the tastier mix of greens I've found elsewhere. In addition, the presentation was prosaic--just piled into a bowl. The service was still good and I appreciated both the time and ability to hear all our conversation. Do make sure all your guests arrive or you will have to pay for their absence.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was so lovely until our entree arrived. I had the filet tenderloin with mash potatoes carrots n green beans. Tasetless, I had to add salt (I personally do not use salt) and it didn't help. Maybe it was an off day for the chef.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/2/2014Very relaxing quite dining in old world elegance. Food variety was excellent and the dishes were extremely interesting. Two of us had the rack o fLamb and the others Salmon and a Lobster/Halibut combination. All were excellent however the lobster dish stood out as the best. We were particularly happy with how quiet the dinning room was. Forgot to mention that the Fois Gras was tremendous if you are into that dish.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in SeattleMattVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Georgian Room continues to be the best restaurant in the City. I have eaten in most of the good places in Seattle and Bellevue and none of them are better, and most aren't even close. The portions are very large. We each took home enough food to have a second dinner. Several months ago we were in Paris and ate at 3 three star Michelin restaurants. The Georgian room can easily stand up to them in quality, service and ambiance. They have a great wine list and the maitre d', Joseph, is very knowledgeable about wine. They even have a lovely combo playing on Saturday night. It is even on the Passport card which gives you one entree free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic presentationmajorfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Had to try The Georgian while in Seattle which meant making an exception to my rule-of-thumb to never dine in a hotel restaurant. Started out with the hot/cold oyster appetizer which was presented flawlessly and tasted heavenly. The main course was halibut and lobster. Presentation was simply over the top, but taste was disappointing. The dish was described as broiled in butter, but very little butter to be found; both the halibut and the lobster were too dry. I would rate the dish only "OK" because the flavor and texture did not live up to the level of the presentation, or the price tag for that matter. Desert was crème Brule, again great presentation but this time taste and texture held up providing a nice finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantFoodieDined on 8/1/2014The Georgian is as elegant as the Fairmont hotel. Romantic place for a special occasion. The food, wine and service were excellent. The only suggestion I have is that they should enforce a dress code. You pay decent amount of money for fine dining. It's in poor taste when guests are dining in T-shirts and shorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Ingredients...darrenswifeDined on 8/1/2014A well thought out dinner menu with fresh ingredients, a nice variety of dishes for all the courses, which they also give you suggestions of excellent wine pairing and a menu that is not heavy with inappropriate dishes just for the sake of increasing quantity at the expense of quality. Truly a gem for the person who enjoys excellent food and a soothing ambiance, thank you Georgian for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Georgian RoomcfamomDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I chose the Georgian Room for entertaining a guest who has not been in Seattle before.It's a restaurant that we can rely on for consistent outstanding food and service. Our recent dining experience confirmed our opinions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - best in SeattleJamesDined on 7/27/2014This local institution is a local jewel with wonderful staffSpecial Features:
- Elegance with substanceTomWisconsinDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is the antithesis of "trendy" - except in the use of local foods. What a wonderful elegance, coupled with outstanding food, beautiful presentation, and great service. At one point in our anniversary dinner my wife commented "We could be in Paris". And I would add "in London, or Vienna, or Prague, or Rome". The timeless elegance of this dining room would fit in any great cosmopolitan city in the world. We're just happy it's in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank you's are welcomedspicedivasDined on 7/21/2014After paying for our lunch which included the gratuity, we never saw our waiter again, perhaps $20 wasn't enough? He never came by to say thank you for coming or I enjoyed serving you. And the dining room was not full. sorry!
- Elegant/traditional dininggraciousdiningDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food with excellent presentation and service. An elegant dining room in a beautifully restored 1920-30's hotel.Special Features:
- A Must for that Special Occassion!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014I took my wife to the Georgian for her birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better venue! It was truly amazing from the moment we drove up to the moment we left. Fantastic service, food and setting. I highly recommend the Georgian for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George396Dined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food and service. Restaurant was elegant, and one I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really quality fine dining.lamour2mangerDined on 6/28/2014My compliments to the chef. The food presentation was outstanding. The service made you feel like royalty. I recommend to experience the luxury of dining there it is worth it.Special Features:
- WonderfulSeattleJenVIPDined on 6/25/2014We have been to the Georgian several times before plays at the 5th Avenue theater. It is by far one of our favorites. Everyone at our table got something different and everyone left happy. The wait staff was great. We love their macaroons and were bummed to not see them on the menu, but our waitor found some and brought them out for the table. They were delicious and they didn't even charge. We love that the Georgian makes you feel special. They really go above and beyond to make your night wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargieDined on 6/24/2014Wonderful food and wonderful service by Juan. The halibut was the best ever.Special Features:
- Quiet elegancecomfortablediningDined on 6/24/2014It was my sister's birthday and we loved that we could talk and linger over really nice food served in a lovely atmosphere. We always used to bring our mother, now gone, to the Georgian room for special occasions, so it was nice for that reason as well. There are few restaurants remaining where background piano music is played and the feeling of being somewhat special is promoted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinnamonVIPDined on 6/23/2014the food was wonderful; the noise level is nice for lunch meetings; unfortunately, we had to wait about 15 minutes for our ticket after we were done with our lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for pre 5th ave blah blah blahdagypsyDined on 6/20/2014special play menu,good food great service decor was nice, good wine selection a bit priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best place in townVissidarteVIPDined on 6/20/2014with great, carefully prepared and plated locally sourced food. The service and the atmosphere is old-world and refreshing, an oasis away from a loud and busy world. We just love coming here and are never disappointed! The entire well-trained staff works together well, and it's a pleasure to watch them serve, set and prepare the tables for the next meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer1Dined on 6/20/2014I love going to the Georgian because it's so elegant it makes you feel special. The food is always good and the service is excellent. I try to take my friends here when they come from out of town and most of my friends like to come here for special occassions. I was disappointed the last time I was here because it was for my birthday celebration and they didn't do anything like they had for my best friend when I brought her here.Special Features:
- A party of 6 dinner pre-5th AvenuePreTheatherGroupDined on 6/19/2014The meal was based around Porgy and Bess musical - the food was the best I have had in a very long time. It was so good we are trying to find a receipe to make it at home. Halibut and fried green tomoatoes - 5 stars!! This is truely a hidden gem in our Emerald City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014wonderful! great place for romance, good food, happy people and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The luxury you expectTiggergrammaDined on 6/18/2014The Georgian provides the hospitality and decorum one expects in truly fine dining. The service is exquisite without being overbearing or pandering. The food, from the amuse bouche to the truffles was perfectly prepared and served at our pace, once we requested it be slowed down to allow us to enjoy our drinks. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience and can afford to indulge; this is a must-do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!CHDJDined on 6/17/2014This is what I call a real fine dining experience. The food is superb and a pure pleasure to the pallet. It is pricy but a great restaurant to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 course Prix Fixe Menu was greatKelleyVIPDined on 6/14/2014We went for the three course prix fixe menu they were running in coordination with Porgy & Bess at the Fifth Avenue theater. It was really great, absolutely exceeded my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgeous at the GeorgianReenieandTezzaDined on 6/7/2014I will be spoilt forever when ordering the humble prawn cocktail as this dish was served with the large segments of succulent jumbo prawn sitting directly atop a 6 inch cube of supercooled ICE. The two sauces were perfectly attuned to the delicate flavour of the prawn meat and it was a pity to disturb the work of art. Main course was succulent Halibut teamed with lobster and my wife tackled her favourite Rack of Lamb. Both dishes were served immaculately and were as good as any we have ever eaten in our travels. Our attendant Sean was helpful without being intrusive and the wine list, although not extensive, did offer good choices. Elegant old world decor, excellent food and wine and not TOO expensive for the 5 star standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer1Dined on 5/29/2014I really enjoy dining at your restaurant when I have a special ocassion because you make it "special" with the nice touches you always provide. Thanks for having such a nice restaurant to visit.Special Features:
- Truly fine dining.foodsleuthDined on 5/27/2014Only a couple places where you can still get seared fois gras in seattle. Here, prepared perfectly with quince on apple. Main: lobster and totally fresh halibut poached in butter. Divine. Deep wine list, reasonable markup for superior wines. We had a Puligny Montrachet. Awesome. And they brought us a comped soufflé because it was my birthday. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2014We enjoyed brunch at The Georgian (they refer to it as "breakfast"). Great selection. We both ordered the buffet, which was a terrific value. It included juice and coffee/tea, plus a stunning array of hot and cold food -- scrambled eggs, quiche, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, all manner of pastries, banana creme brulee (just yummy), apple fritters (heavenly), and more. Wine/champagne were available but not included. Our waiter, Jorge, was exceptionally helpful and friendly, as was the manager. Calming and peaceful atmosphere, which is what I had hoped for. Brunch patrons should not have to pay $19+ for valet parking. (We'd have gladly paid $5 to $7.) But on the whole, a lovely experience.Special Features:
- never again 1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014the lobster was tasteless, the duck was undercooked, steak unevenly cooked. all in all a very dissapointing meal. the suggested wine pairing clashed with the food. we will not eat there again.Special Features:
- Love this roomOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/20/2014Lunch is a little expensive for most things, but there are a few less spendy things on the menu, and the Express Lunch option is great if you are hungry, and it's only $16. The room is so lovely and the service is always great. Friendly, attentive waiters who know when to chat and when to disappear. And it's definitely fun for a weekend breakfast splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTIFUL restaurant and great foodemlootDined on 5/16/2014The Georgian is a hallmark of class, delicious food and fantastic service. For breakfast, the food is beautifully displayed beneath crystal chandeliers that sparkle from the light coming in from the large windows surround the room - it feels like you've walked into one of the grand dining rooms of the Titanic. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.