The Georgia Pine
1250 Scenic Hwy S #1240
Lawrenceville, GA 30045Neighborhood:
Dacula / Lawrenceville
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Georgia Pine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegeorgiapine.com/
- Phone: 7709781800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact us at 770-978-1800 to speak with someone about your event
A word from The Georgia Pine
We support the little guy, whether it’s right down the road or across the country. Every beer we tap is brewed in GA. Our food is regionally inspired and benefits from minimal manipulation of great ingredients. Almost all of our dishes are finished in the Woodstone oven. We strive to bring well crafted experiences to the table every time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Georgia Pine - Best Restaurants in Dacula / Lawrenceville ›
The Georgia Pine reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (10)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Ok food and courteous service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Not a big crowd on a Sunday evening. The waiter was courteous but neither the food or service wowed me. Ok place to eat but I wouldn't go out of my way if you know what I mean.
- Food and service excellentGigiDined on 10/18/2014We always receive quality service and food. Hope GP stays around a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JESSEKA DOES IT AGAIN!EileenVIPDined on 10/18/2014I must say that having Jesseka for our server twice in a row has been such a blessing. She REMEMBERED WHAT WE HAD THE LAST TIME and offered a alternative so we could experience something else. My husband joined me this trip and was absolutely overwhelmed with the Southern charm that Jesseka exuded...I told him so! THank you again for such a wonderful and delightful evening while visiting my daughter and her boyfriend! Oh, BTW, the fried green tomatoes, portobello fries and heirloom salad were to DIE over/The braised lamb shank special will have my husband talking for a while. Rack of lamb-as always delish...my chicken was EXCELLENT!!! Cannot WAIT to travel back to see my daughter again!Special Features:
- Great findchristopherVIPDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed everything on our visit. We sat at a high top next to the window. The main seating area looked a bit cavernous. We started with 40 Creek manhattans recommended by the bartender. We shared the devilled eggs for the appetizer and totally enjoyed our entrees which were the chicken and the trout (best trout I've ever had). We ended the meal by sharing the French toast bread pudding with a couple of coffees. Our waitress, Jessica, was perky, fun, knowledgeable, and efficient. We have dined at a new (for us) restaurant every month this year and The Georgia Pine has made it into our top three.Special Features:
- Great Dining AlternativemadscientistDined on 10/10/2014Ga Pine is a definite standout dining experience in the Lilburn/Snellville/Lawrenceville area where, well let's just say, good dining options are limited. The atmosphere was great for a "nice" dinner out. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The menu isn't expansive but it definitely covers the bases and does it well. the Chicken (w grilled whole okra); Reuben; and Lamb Rack were all VERY GOOD! We will be going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!GigiDined on 9/7/2014Hope it stays around for a long time. Husband thinks the Sapelo Island Clams and the Nasty Good Sauce are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Birthday DinnerCasualConnoisseurDined on 9/2/2014My husband wanted to find a nice place for my birthday dinner but somewhere we could still take our 1yr old. Walking in it felt modern and casual with a unique southern upscale charm. We couldn't decide on appetizers so we ordered three: Portobello Fries, Baked Brie, and Carpaccio. The Portobello Fries are perfect for sharing with a large group and good flavor. The Baked Brie was reminiscent of Fall and would be perfect on their patio in mid-October. We will be returning for the Carpaccio. It was amazing. They do have a kids menu even though it is not on the website or printed in the restaurant. Overall, it was a great experience with good food. We will be taking some friends there in the near future.Special Features:
- DinnerMatthewDined on 8/29/2014We went here for dinner for our 10 yr anniversary. The food was excellent, and so was the service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining!owl71Dined on 8/29/2014This was the first time we dined at The Georgia Pine, and we found it to be an exciting and needed addition to the Lawrenceville area restaurants. The Georgia Pine offers original selections with fresh ingredients. The fried green tomatoes and shrimp creole were excellent as was the trout with grilled okra and onions. I have to say that the trout and okra preparation was the best I have ever had. Dessert was a delicious mixed berry cobbler and ice cream. Our server was very friendly and helpful but was over seated and had difficulty returning to our table; the addition of more servers is needed to improve the dining experience. I am looking forward to a return visit soon to try more of the creative menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, needs balanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014Spinach salad was tasty but had far too much blue cheese and pecan and too little spinach. Rack of lamb was perfectly cooked, warm and red in the center and nicely seasoned. Struggled to cut it up without flinging things off my plate, might be nice if they offered to cut the chops in the kitchen. Rested on a bed of nice crispy brussels overwhelmed by just a ton of greasy bacon pieces. Rosemary creme brulee was about the best and most unique dessert I've had in some time. Participated Wine and Whiskey Wednesday and enjoyed a nice flight of reds.Special Features:
- Hit and MissTimOnTheTownVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was our first time here and the service and food were inconsistent. To start, we were seated and read the specials before we were even asked if we wanted a drink. Later, the servers checked back often, but then delivered dishes to share with no spoon or anything to serve with. They care but they need training. As for the food, the devil eggs are a hit, along with a few other items that were good. However some dishes just missed the mark with bland flavors or one note spices. I will probably give it one more try.Special Features:
- This place is greatdimikagiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Terrific food, and good environment. The menu is not a long list of things, which is good, as there is a lot of care in the dishes that are offered.Special Features:
- Worth the DriveSwtnpetiteDined on 8/17/2014I've heard so much about this place, I had to try it. It's nearly 30 miles from my home, but worth the distance. The food was freshly picked from local farmers, and you can tell. The drink selection was superb. I'll highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRexmatDined on 8/15/2014Took the wife on a date and shared a bunch if appetizers bc it was our first time and everything looked great. Portobello fries and the grilled shrimp were outstanding. Server was very good too. They also had a nice local beer list. Hope to go back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, amazing service.Imaf00dieDined on 8/14/2014We've been to Ga. Pine a few times and the experience keeps improving. The food is always delicious and the service is top notch. The star if the restaurant though is the rosemary creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was wonderful. The service awesome! Cocktails and craft beers were delightful ! AJ the bartender was very knowledgeable and attentive. Loved the entire meal! I will be returning to try more menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SURPRISINGLY DELICIOUS FINDEileenVIPDined on 8/2/2014After moving my daughter up from Atlanta this past weekend, I booked reservations here just to check out her new neighborhood. First of all, the sweet girl who seated us was so warm and welcoming, we immediately felt at home. Jesseka, our server, who just personified the words "Southern Hospitality" was a doll...The portobello fries and jalapeno corm bread were insane good! Heirloom tomatoes were amazingly fresh and delicious. I split the rack of lamb with my daughter and wish I hadn't...Her boyfriend had the rabbit and really didn't want to give up a taste...Collards and mashed potatoes were so tasty-true south flavor! We shared the Rosemary creme brulee that was so delectable and delicate. I will definitely return when I visit again.Special Features:
- Good food but limited menuDkpd1359Dined on 7/21/2014The food was excellent but a little pricey. The menu had a little of everything but not much choice of how to have it. There was a bar but limited on the types of alcohol. I would return for the Reuben sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday dinnerIluvtoeatDined on 7/8/2014Enjoyed my birthday at GA Pines . Family & friends started at the bar. Bartender made each fell special. Recomendations on wine was spot on. Apps at dinner arrived at the right time. Very impressed that the featured Pork chop was presented to us prior to ordering. Four of those were ordered. Good service, never felt rushed. We will go again, had a real good time!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceTheVClanDined on 7/6/2014Let me set the scene - 10 people 4 of them under 6 years old. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The kids menu was not printed on the menu but available. Staff was knowledgeable regarding the beer and wine, but the after dinner drinks were limited. Excellent, well prepared and plated food - a real pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the The Georgia Pine reviews archive.
- Great foodie find!QuietStormDined on 6/22/2014Yummy! I actually did a happy dance. The server, Anthony has an amazing knowledge of the bar (yeah!) and the food served. He's a foodie to trust. He even makes the sour cherries for Manhattan he makes! I stumbled upon this great find a couple last month. It opened a year ago. This restaurant serves local fresh ingredients. No fountain drinks are served only real bottled stuff like Coke made with cane sugar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day dinner spot..very nicefooddiva43Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day. Was surprised at how we were seated right away...no reservation needed really. Good atmosphere and local brews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SupremeJoelVIPDined on 6/15/2014Chicken salad on crescent roll was superb as was the vegetable chicken soup. The home made potato chips are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodLoLoDined on 6/14/2014We frequented The Georgia Pine last year and was amazed by the food and service. This time we went back with a quest and raved about the oysters. Unfortunately, it was loaded with shells and had to be sent back. The replacement came out lacking any flavor. we ordered appetizers and before we were half finished, the entres were brought. This visit wad far from impressive.
- Good experiencesyangDined on 6/6/2014We wanted to try out a new place and fell upon this place on Open Table. The atmosphere was just perfect for a small group. It was a good first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableMidAgeFoodieDined on 5/25/2014Food was great, staff was friendly, knowledgable, and courteous. Restaurant was spacious and easy to locate. We had the deviled eggs starter and recommend if you are a fan. Caprese salad was fresh and enjoyable. The fried chicken sandwich was hot, crispy, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome briebeachlover7VIPDined on 5/18/2014Everything was delicious. We startd with the brie and it was so delicious. Tofu was delicious and so was my daughters chicken sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little spotHannahGVIPDined on 5/16/2014We aren't from the lawrenceville area, however we found this cute little gem on Open Table while we were in town for the evening. Knowledgable bartenders who were very attentive. Delish hand crafted cocktails, and the food was quite good as well. We had the fried mushrooms as an appetizer, and the georgia trout and friend chicken sandwich for an entrée. We did not like that the bar didn't have limes! It was slow for a Friday night at 6, but we really enjoyed overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014On Mother's Day we (10 of us) dined at The GP for the first time. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Most memorable were the Reuben Sandwiches, made from the restaurant's own prepared corned beef. The sandwich was pretty spectacular! Service was terrific too! All in all, a great meal.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, service just OKLoveOpenTableDined on 5/11/2014Everything we ate tasted amazing and they had a great beer list. The service was slow, possibly because it was Mother's Day and the place was pretty crowded. Everyone was friendly though and we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2014I really didn't want to rate this restaurant because I could usually get a table quick on the weekends. But it is starting to get known and now that I can make reservations on Open Table, I am opening to sharing my thoughts. Their wine list, beer and cocktails are not common and a huge draw. Their food, especially the fried chicken sandwich which I am personally addicted to, is ridiculous. Try it and I virtually guarantee you will put this on your favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.