The George Prime Steakhouse
5900 Mosteller Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The George Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thegeorgeprime.com/
- Phone: 4052424761
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Valentine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Area
A word from The George Prime Steakhouse
Located on the 20th floor of the Founders Tower, The George Prime Steakhouse is one of OKC's most anticipated restaurants. We offer amazing views of our city for the perfect date night, celebration or just a night on the town. We are not just your normal steakhouse, we offer an amazing one of a kind menu that was created by our Executive Chef, Joshua Valentine, a local celebrity and a finalist on Bravo's Top Chef. We are the only steakhouse in Oklahoma City that only serves 100% prime beef on our menu. Our goal is to make your night memorable. So please, come in and enjoy everything we have to offer and have been waiting to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The George Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The George Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (132)special occasion (125)romantic (104)notable wine list (81)fit for foodies (70)hot spot (43)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (7)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent!CuspVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great atmosphere, great vibe, great service. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was great. Food is not worth what they charge.Special Features:
- Very nice but pricey!RicardoVIPDined on 10/16/2014The menu is a little pricey, compared to other very fine steak houses in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We had a flawless dinner. Service was impeccable and food was delicious! I give it a 10/10.Special Features:
- Atmospher=5 Food=1.5VenittaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Incredible ambiance - a modernized mid-century look and feel! The circular seating is intimate and convo friendly yet open enough to feel part of a bigger whole without consuming your party. Service was excellent! Downside, for us, was the food - impressive presentation, subpar flavors, textures....except the ice cream that was otherworldly delish! For just under a $1,000 for 5, I would have hoped for something that would have left us reeling - in a good way - we were left reeling alright!! I'd approach the menu differently next time - or perhaps make this a cocktail more than a dining spot. Speaking of cocktails - the bar was managed expertly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobboDined on 10/11/2014Our only objection is that it took over 10' to get our coffee after it was ordered. Everything else was wonderful.Special Features:
- SuperlativeDurango267VIPDined on 10/11/2014Oklahoma City has some good places to eat. It even has a few great restaurants. But until the opening of The George, it had not had a truly 5 star restaurant. It does now. It would be easy to sound too impressed - the food is superlative, the service was impeccable and the view is unparalleled. Try the George. It will be an experience you won't soon forget.Special Features:
- Nice gemLuvtogooutDined on 10/9/2014It feels like you are in a restaurant in NYC and has a great fire of OKC. Plus the food was great.Special Features:
- Too expensive for level of serviceGoodviewDined on 10/3/2014The view is great and service at the bar is good but everything else is very mediocre especially for the price point. It is a good place to go for drinks but there is much better food in OKC (Mahogany, Red Prime, Boulevard, etc.).Special Features:
- Always good eats!ScottVIPDined on 10/2/20143rd time is still a charm. Wonderful sweet breads to start along with a nice romaine salad. Followed by a steak cooked to perfection with wonderful flavors! Nice selection of wine by the glass and I like that they allow a taste of the wine before selecting. Worth a trip to the 20th floor!Special Features:
- Not quite as good as I expectedTwinkle0926Dined on 9/27/2014Service was great and ambience was great but the food was not as great as I thought it would be. We had a medium rare ribeye that had a lot of fat. There was no juice on our plate from eating the steak.I would recommend it for anyone just because of the service in the view. For as expensive as it was I don't think the food was any better than the ranch or mahogany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuigiVIPDined on 9/27/2014Place to go for steak with a great view. Outstanding food, service, and pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food PresentationSteaklover02Dined on 9/27/2014The food here is delectable and beautifully presented! However, be prepared to pay a premium for the great scenic view, ambiance, and pretty food presentation... We found the prices to be much higher than anticipated, but the service was great and the ambiance was romantic and classy. It was worth one trip, but a little too expensive to justify going on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationoflifeDined on 9/23/2014Delicious dinner and very enjoyable evening. We especially enjoyed the fried doughnuts as our dessert. Will come again for our next special occassion. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulfrenchie12Dined on 9/20/2014The chef really brings different tastes to the table. The sides were wonderfully interesting and exciting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Exquisite experience. The staff was very patient and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014Second time dining here and both were wonderful experiences. I had the small filet and mu husband had the dry aged ribeye. Cooked perfectly. The pomme puree was silky and delicious. And, I can't see a visit that didn't include those donuts! Wowza! There were multiple servers who paid generous attention to our table of two. Very helpful and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visitsteakloverDined on 9/18/2014Well unfortunately it was not nearly as good as the first time. Kids were running around and they had little to no supervision. My steak was very undercooked and the $4 sauce tasted like Barbecue sauce. The waiter recommend it and I thought it would be better. A good steak doesn't need a sauce, just a good seasoning. Everything else was fine. The crab cakes are some of the best in town. My wife enjoyed her dish and we loved the wine and cucumber collision. We will be back, JUST PLESE LEAVE YOUR KIDS AT HOME!!!!! Take them to Applebee's or Louie's not an upscale restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodsnobFoodsnobVIPDined on 9/8/2014My husband took me to The George for my Birthday for our first visit. The food was way over-priced and very tiny portions. The views are "over the top" and the building is really cool but we will not go back.Special Features:
- JAVIIIDined on 9/6/2014Every moment was way more than we expected! We eat out a lot and this is the Best in okc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDemandingbutFairDined on 9/6/2014We were discouraged when George first opened. It was advertised that their "Prime Beef" was $30.00 p/oz. I decided to surprise my wife so I took her there over the weekend. First off they have a very extensive menu with specialty items including fish, chicken and pork, so ordering a $100.00 steak is just one of many options. We ordered the fish and the pork loin. The wife felt the pork loin was the best she ever had and that it was better than anything I have prepared; and I'm from "IOWA". The fish was also amazing. We had wine and drinks and still spent about the same, or less, than the few other comparable restaurants in the city. The experience was one of the best we have had at any restaurant in OKC. I would give them 5 stars.Special Features:
- Fantastic!cadenahDined on 9/3/2014An all around great experience. Not one bad thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive views...butJimboDined on 9/3/2014Their service was very good, all the way from the hostess who greated us on the ground floor to the greaters on the top floor to our server and the managers. All were very attentive and cordial. The food was good. We both had filets and the meat was very good but I think they confused our order and gave my wife the steak that was less done. They never checked when they delivered the food. Also I know it's a high end steak house but I still think they are overpriced. We had two small filets, my wife had a small salad and I had a martini. I ordered a side of asparagus and a side of potatoes and we had one of the lower priced bottles of wine. With tip the meal came to $250. If I go back it will probably be for appetizers in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOKCdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there in hopes of a special evening. We were disappointed. The salads were small for a high price. Both were failed attempts at being creative. Unfortunately, they were not delicious. The steaks were overdone. However, not nearly as overdone as the affected server who constantly addressed us as "lady and gentleman." The dry-aged ribeye was just plain dry. The NY strip more resembled a choice grade top sirloin than a prime NY strip. The manager and a manager trainee walked by our table every few minutes, circling the restaurant like prison guards without ever once making eye contact or stopping to ask about our meal.
- BarbejayDined on 8/30/2014The noise was the result of a loud woman in the booth next to us. We almost requested to be moved but had we done so we would have lost our waiter.. And we really liked him. Luckily the woman and her entourage left when our dinner arrived. Otherwise it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAwlbidnzVIPDined on 8/29/2014On top of the old Founders Tower. Food, service & view were excellent. It's a steak place so, we had steak Surprise! Their house dry rub is great! For intimate dining, ask for a booth on the east side. Larger groups have several options of elevated tables, regular height long tables & private rooms. The restaurant doesn't rotate any longer but, it doesn't need to.Special Features:
- Special experienceMichelle56VIPDined on 8/28/2014We went to The George for my husband's birthday, and it was everything you would want in a special event dinner. The service was spectacular. We had three people involved in our care and they were all perfect. The food was pricey, but wonderful. I loved the pretty beet salad and my husband thought his lobster bisque was delicious. He had one of the beef offerings and I had the salmon, but we shared bites, and both were first rate. We ordered the asparagus side dish and it enhanced both of our dinners. Our amazing chocolate ganache dessert came with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate, which was charming. A storm rolled into the city during our dinner and it was awesome to see it from our vantage point above the Founders Tower.Special Features:
- 2nd trip to the George!ScottVIPDined on 8/28/2014The George keeps getting better. I ate at the bar so I could watch college football. The bar staff is a pleasure to converse with and excellent servers. The steak was absolutely incredible as were the mushrooms and the fois gras. My second visit was even better than the first, well except my team lost.... I shall return for many more meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisynonameDined on 8/26/2014Food and service was great and we had a good time. Only problem was the booth next to ours was being used for a sales training meeting and good tired of listening to the loud speaker continuously talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing--Chef's TasteJohnnyMacDined on 8/23/2014With great expectations my wife and I dined at The George for our 24th wedding anniversary, to say the least, we were very disappointed. We selected the Chef’s Taste. Wrong choice—a three course menu—starter, main, and desert. The starter was a duck and rice pudding dish—not the best combination—very mediocre. The main course was a 32 oz. bone in sirloin—meat was tough, riddle with ligaments, not cooked to the temperature we asked for, and mostly uneatable. The desert course was a lychee panna cotta—best thing of the night—but it too was a strange mixture of tastes. Asked how are meal was, we stated our disappointment, they took $50 off a $205 bill. The said they hoped we would give them another chance--not likely.Special Features:
- best date night in OKCshanedownumDined on 8/20/2014we have dinned at the George on a handful of occasions and quickly has become our date night preference. The taste and presentation of the food is outstanding and second to none. The service is incredible and the views do not get any better. Always nice to see Mr. Kevin George greet you at the door and check on you but Vivian always ensures the expierience is top notch. Can not wait for next week.Special Features:
- words can't describeJerryVIPDined on 8/16/2014best experience we have had in years, went for wedding anniversary, great view, beautiful, the wine bins in the bar area were very stylish. Food was outstanding, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCandTheitzDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful find for our 28yh wedding anniversary! Thank you all for a lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At The GeorgeInTheKitchenWithScottyDined on 8/15/2014If first impressions are everything, then I'm very impressed. From being greeted downstairs, then up in the elevator to the dining room, sat and approached by out server Patricia, the service was amazing and a breath of fresh air. Chef Joshua Valentine and his kitchen rocked it. Sweetbreads for apps, a pork belly romain salad, a John Dory fish special, and a wonderful dessert presentation for my friend from pastry chef Shelby Sieg all blew me away. Incredible wine and cocktail list too. Clearly a lot of thought went in to the George wine list. Two enthusiastic thumbs up. I will be back. I will tell my friends. I will always be a fan. Thanks for giving George to OKC. We needed this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningsoonermauigirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014The staff here is very knowledgeable about all of the food and drink offered. Very attentive service and wonderful food. The wild mushrooms are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerCarriem12105VIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at George Prime and it won't be our last. I started out with an outstanding beet salad and my husband had a wonderful lobster bisque. We both ordered the filet mignon that were cooked to perfection ! The wine list was outstanding. We finished with desert of chocolate ganache with homemade ice cream prefect. My only complaint was a very loud and obnoxious table behind us and their conversation carried to our table. But this was not a reflection on the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Fantastic experience. Celebrated our son's 30th birthday & he & his wife loved it also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kidcurryDined on 8/13/2014The best steak in Oklahoma. Every dish we ordered was outstanding. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best top of the tower place in OKCRococosVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous!!!! There are two top of the tower restaurants in OKC, skip snooty VAST and go to The George. Everyone who greeted us, every staff member was friendly, warm and welcoming. Our meal was amazing -lobster bisque, the foie gras, Wagyu beef, loaded potatoes and wild mushrooms were all perfect. And the dessert-their doughnuts!!! Amazing!!! Everything is prepared fresh, yet in a timely manner. We will go again.Special Features:
- MetroVIPDined on 8/7/2014Overly pretentious and priced. I am interested to see if it finds a niche with the see and be seen crowd, but will not personally be there to find out. Had the lamb, and it was quite good, but the menu read that it was to be served with some vegetables. After close examination, I think I found it. My wife judged the steak as ok. The sides were very modest for the price. My comments reflect only a personal one toward the value of the experience; it fell short of expectations for the expense.Special Features: