The George Prime Steakhouse
5900 Mosteller Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The George Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thegeorgeprime.com/
- Phone: 4052424761
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Valentine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Area
A word from The George Prime Steakhouse
Located on the 20th floor of the Founders Tower, The George Prime Steakhouse is one of OKC's most anticipated restaurants. We offer amazing views of our city for the perfect date night, celebration or just a night on the town. We are not just your normal steakhouse, we offer an amazing one of a kind menu that was created by our Executive Chef, Joshua Valentine, a local celebrity and a finalist on Bravo's Top Chef. We are the only steakhouse in Oklahoma City that only serves 100% prime beef on our menu. Our goal is to make your night memorable. So please, come in and enjoy everything we have to offer and have been waiting to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The George Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The George Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (107)special occasion (102)romantic (87)notable wine list (63)fit for foodies (58)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FoodsnobFoodsnobVIPDined on 9/8/2014My husband took me to The George for my Birthday for our first visit. The food was way over-priced and very tiny portions. The views are "over the top" and the building is really cool but we will not go back.Special Features:
- JAVIIIDined on 9/6/2014Every moment was way more than we expected! We eat out a lot and this is the Best in okc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDemandingbutFairDined on 9/6/2014We were discouraged when George first opened. It was advertised that their "Prime Beef" was $30.00 p/oz. I decided to surprise my wife so I took her there over the weekend. First off they have a very extensive menu with specialty items including fish, chicken and pork, so ordering a $100.00 steak is just one of many options. We ordered the fish and the pork loin. The wife felt the pork loin was the best she ever had and that it was better than anything I have prepared; and I'm from "IOWA". The fish was also amazing. We had wine and drinks and still spent about the same, or less, than the few other comparable restaurants in the city. The experience was one of the best we have had at any restaurant in OKC. I would give them 5 stars.Special Features:
- Fantastic!cadenahDined on 9/3/2014An all around great experience. Not one bad thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive views...butJimboDined on 9/3/2014Their service was very good, all the way from the hostess who greated us on the ground floor to the greaters on the top floor to our server and the managers. All were very attentive and cordial. The food was good. We both had filets and the meat was very good but I think they confused our order and gave my wife the steak that was less done. They never checked when they delivered the food. Also I know it's a high end steak house but I still think they are overpriced. We had two small filets, my wife had a small salad and I had a martini. I ordered a side of asparagus and a side of potatoes and we had one of the lower priced bottles of wine. With tip the meal came to $250. If I go back it will probably be for appetizers in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOKCdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there in hopes of a special evening. We were disappointed. The salads were small for a high price. Both were failed attempts at being creative. Unfortunately, they were not delicious. The steaks were overdone. However, not nearly as overdone as the affected server who constantly addressed us as "lady and gentleman." The dry-aged ribeye was just plain dry. The NY strip more resembled a choice grade top sirloin than a prime NY strip. The manager and a manager trainee walked by our table every few minutes, circling the restaurant like prison guards without ever once making eye contact or stopping to ask about our meal.
- BarbejayDined on 8/30/2014The noise was the result of a loud woman in the booth next to us. We almost requested to be moved but had we done so we would have lost our waiter.. And we really liked him. Luckily the woman and her entourage left when our dinner arrived. Otherwise it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAwlbidnzVIPDined on 8/29/2014On top of the old Founders Tower. Food, service & view were excellent. It's a steak place so, we had steak Surprise! Their house dry rub is great! For intimate dining, ask for a booth on the east side. Larger groups have several options of elevated tables, regular height long tables & private rooms. The restaurant doesn't rotate any longer but, it doesn't need to.Special Features:
- Special experienceMichelle56VIPDined on 8/28/2014We went to The George for my husband's birthday, and it was everything you would want in a special event dinner. The service was spectacular. We had three people involved in our care and they were all perfect. The food was pricey, but wonderful. I loved the pretty beet salad and my husband thought his lobster bisque was delicious. He had one of the beef offerings and I had the salmon, but we shared bites, and both were first rate. We ordered the asparagus side dish and it enhanced both of our dinners. Our amazing chocolate ganache dessert came with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate, which was charming. A storm rolled into the city during our dinner and it was awesome to see it from our vantage point above the Founders Tower.Special Features:
- 2nd trip to the George!ScottVIPDined on 8/28/2014The George keeps getting better. I ate at the bar so I could watch college football. The bar staff is a pleasure to converse with and excellent servers. The steak was absolutely incredible as were the mushrooms and the fois gras. My second visit was even better than the first, well except my team lost.... I shall return for many more meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisynonameDined on 8/26/2014Food and service was great and we had a good time. Only problem was the booth next to ours was being used for a sales training meeting and good tired of listening to the loud speaker continuously talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing--Chef's TasteJohnnyMacDined on 8/23/2014With great expectations my wife and I dined at The George for our 24th wedding anniversary, to say the least, we were very disappointed. We selected the Chef’s Taste. Wrong choice—a three course menu—starter, main, and desert. The starter was a duck and rice pudding dish—not the best combination—very mediocre. The main course was a 32 oz. bone in sirloin—meat was tough, riddle with ligaments, not cooked to the temperature we asked for, and mostly uneatable. The desert course was a lychee panna cotta—best thing of the night—but it too was a strange mixture of tastes. Asked how are meal was, we stated our disappointment, they took $50 off a $205 bill. The said they hoped we would give them another chance--not likely.Special Features:
- best date night in OKCshanedownumDined on 8/20/2014we have dinned at the George on a handful of occasions and quickly has become our date night preference. The taste and presentation of the food is outstanding and second to none. The service is incredible and the views do not get any better. Always nice to see Mr. Kevin George greet you at the door and check on you but Vivian always ensures the expierience is top notch. Can not wait for next week.Special Features:
- words can't describeJerryVIPDined on 8/16/2014best experience we have had in years, went for wedding anniversary, great view, beautiful, the wine bins in the bar area were very stylish. Food was outstanding, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCandTheitzDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful find for our 28yh wedding anniversary! Thank you all for a lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At The GeorgeInTheKitchenWithScottyDined on 8/15/2014If first impressions are everything, then I'm very impressed. From being greeted downstairs, then up in the elevator to the dining room, sat and approached by out server Patricia, the service was amazing and a breath of fresh air. Chef Joshua Valentine and his kitchen rocked it. Sweetbreads for apps, a pork belly romain salad, a John Dory fish special, and a wonderful dessert presentation for my friend from pastry chef Shelby Sieg all blew me away. Incredible wine and cocktail list too. Clearly a lot of thought went in to the George wine list. Two enthusiastic thumbs up. I will be back. I will tell my friends. I will always be a fan. Thanks for giving George to OKC. We needed this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningsoonermauigirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014The staff here is very knowledgeable about all of the food and drink offered. Very attentive service and wonderful food. The wild mushrooms are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerCarriem12105VIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at George Prime and it won't be our last. I started out with an outstanding beet salad and my husband had a wonderful lobster bisque. We both ordered the filet mignon that were cooked to perfection ! The wine list was outstanding. We finished with desert of chocolate ganache with homemade ice cream prefect. My only complaint was a very loud and obnoxious table behind us and their conversation carried to our table. But this was not a reflection on the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Fantastic experience. Celebrated our son's 30th birthday & he & his wife loved it also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kidcurryDined on 8/13/2014The best steak in Oklahoma. Every dish we ordered was outstanding. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best top of the tower place in OKCRococosVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous!!!! There are two top of the tower restaurants in OKC, skip snooty VAST and go to The George. Everyone who greeted us, every staff member was friendly, warm and welcoming. Our meal was amazing -lobster bisque, the foie gras, Wagyu beef, loaded potatoes and wild mushrooms were all perfect. And the dessert-their doughnuts!!! Amazing!!! Everything is prepared fresh, yet in a timely manner. We will go again.Special Features:
- MetroVIPDined on 8/7/2014Overly pretentious and priced. I am interested to see if it finds a niche with the see and be seen crowd, but will not personally be there to find out. Had the lamb, and it was quite good, but the menu read that it was to be served with some vegetables. After close examination, I think I found it. My wife judged the steak as ok. The sides were very modest for the price. My comments reflect only a personal one toward the value of the experience; it fell short of expectations for the expense.Special Features:
- MommaLovesFoodDined on 8/6/2014The view, food and atmosphere are amazing, but the service was slow. We sat at the table with dirty plates for awhile after appetizers...and it was a good hour after we ordered before our entrees arrived. But the food was worth the wait! They definitely need to improve on service, but everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must dining venue!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We were impressed with the venue upon arrival!!! All the waitstaff enjoyed serving which made the ambiance relaxing any enjoyable. They knew their profession well. The menu was outstanding. I'd say it is now our favorite steak house in OKC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!foodie52Dined on 8/1/2014The wait staff could not have been better. Attentive to everything! The food we had was excellent. Chicken dish, steaks were wonderful, as were the sides (wild mushrooms! - yum).Special Features:
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Just the type of place OKC needs to become a major food hotspot. Extensive wine list, great beef, and some wonderful delicacies (sweetbreads were out of this world). It's pricey, but absolutely worth it. One thing I'd recommend is to add a bleu cheese crust or sauce as an option for the beef. Other than that, absolutely no complaints. Service was 5 star as well.Special Features:
- Over rated and over priced.JAk800Dined on 7/26/2014Waiter went into far too much detail attempting to get us to order more expensive beef. Shockingly, they were "out of baked potatoes". Inexcusable for a "steak House". Three steaks were ordered, two medium rare and one medium. All were served extremely rare and only partly edible. Waiter announced that they were out of one of the soups on the menu. We ordered a nice bottle of wine and waiter announced that it was the last bottle of that particular wine. We ordered what we thought was "cheesecake" from the desert menu, but what was served was not even close to cheesecake. i am at a lose to even describe it, but after a couple of bites, no one at the table was interested. Service was extremely slow between courses. Will not return.Special Features:
- Great foodsaturatedphatsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Chef Valentine has a wonderful new restaurant going. The service started a little slow but once it got going it was almost spot on with some of the Michelin 3 stars where we have dined. The food was among the best I've ever had in okc and the steaks were cooked to perfection. Make sure you try the donuts. Will definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightRussDined on 7/25/2014Very enjoyable dining experience from the time you are met in the lobby. The view is spectacular along with the wait staff. Have nothing but praise for the chefs and all of the foods with the cuts of beef are cooked to perfection. The dessert chef is worthy of special mention as one of the best in OKC!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I went to The George for our 10th Anniversary and it was wonderful. We have been to many of the up scale restaurants around the city, but this one was the BEST! Great view, even better that Vast. The bartenders were very nice and knowledgable. The wait staff and managers were very friendly and prompt. They acted as if you were the most important people in the place, unlike VAST! Thank You To all at The George! We will be back soon:)Special Features:
- Great First Impression - The GeorgeLovetoeatoutDined on 7/22/2014This was our first time. Went with another couple who were repeats. I was very impressed with food. My husband got a steak with a "funkie' rub on it and didn't care for it. He however should have just gotten a plain steak. They are creative, great wine list and recommendations. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceJeffLDined on 7/19/2014Both the dry aged and the Wagyu rib-eyes were spectacular. Blows away anything else in OKC. Yes, that means MUCH better than Mahogany, the Ranch, Cattleman's, etc. And not even close. The additional creativity of the menu goes far beyond other "steakhouses" in the metro as well. This is a new standard for our city's growing scene.Special Features:
- enjoyablekristileoDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed a lovely view overlooking OKC. It took the server a while to realize we were there, so we didn't receive water for several minutes. Our first drink order took another several minutes. After that, though, the servers kicked it into high gear and lavished us with attention. The food is delicious with several items on the menu I'd not seen before. Do yourself a favor and get the tomato salad. It tastes like summer. The steaks are yummy and rank as some of the best steaks in OKC. Unfortunately, the prices are such that we can only afford to eat here on very special occasions. It is event dining, so expect to be there for much of your evening, but it's a great experience.Special Features:
- The GeorgeNova1Dined on 7/18/2014Greats service, food and ambiance. Breads excellent bread. minimal salad dressng choices. Menu should be posted online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth the visit!ScottVIPDined on 7/18/2014Situated on the 20th floor allows a fantastic view of Lake Hefner. Although the restaurant no longer revolves you get some incredible views. The appetizers look great and I chose the lobster bisque with a huge lobster claw in it. While I prefer my bisque somewhat creamier, the flavor was superb. I had the aged Strip and the wild mushrooms with a nice glass of Orin Swift Abstract. Mushrooms were sensational and the Strip was very good. I prefer a little more aged flavor but they will soon have their own dry ager installed. Service was amazing and management came over to ensure my meal was perfect. I decided to retire to the bar and enjoy the energy and fantastic views. Bar staff is incredible!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an evening experienceFWSNOBDined on 7/12/2014Great evening. Lamb and mushrooms for dinner with Hourglass blue line merlot. It doesn't get any better than that. Heirloom tomato salad with all the flavor God and the Chef can give it. Service was spot on, friendly, attentive and the serving of the meal as a presentation from the kitchen is the touch.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NikkiDined on 7/11/2014Great addition to the Oklahoma City metro. We felt we were on vacation at a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spotltr83Dined on 7/11/2014Great view, great food, and great service. We will go back soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedPepperDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary, I was very disappointed in the food. We both got steak, filet and ribeye, and we both felt the texture and seasoning was not good, I actually had a hard time eating mine, not because it was tough, it was not pleasing to the pallet at all. The creamed corn had some very strange seasoning that was so strong, it was not good. For the price, $150 for two, we will not be back. Your money is much better spent at Mahogany's or The Ranch.Special Features:
- Best of OKCPraterialupoDined on 7/8/2014Pastry chef on site make the bread choices and desserts the best in town. The chicken was melt in your mouth great ,being cooked two different ways for superb flavor. They carry the local spirits, Prairie Wolf Spirits Vodka and DARK coffee liqueur, so they support local. Overall, the best meal that I have had in a year, including Aspen and Santa Fe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.