The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
1 River Road
Shawnee On Delaware, PA 18356Neighborhood:
Shawnee on Delaware
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gemandkeystone.com/
- Phone: 5704240990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daniel Stripp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft® artisanal beers; handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment. The Gem and Keystone's menu features special bounty produced from our own private The Great Shawna Farm™Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Gem and Keystone Brewpub reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- So- soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I took my son for his birthday along with my granddaughter. The Pretzel and Cheese and Wing appetizers were nothing really special. My son ordered the sirloin and it was slightly over cooked. He was the only one with an entree and was surprised it came with neither bread nor a salad. I had the crab cake sandwich which again was nothing special. The homemade chips were good. My granddaughter had the chicken quesadilla. She said it was a disappointment. I understand the place is a micro brewery, but charging $7.50 for a 10 oz beer is over the top for this venue. That is especially true when they charged $6.00 for a cocktail. I wouldn't drive 40 minutes to go there again.
- Gem Labor day weekendJMCout4dinnerDined on 8/30/2014Made our reservation - thank God as it was packed. This was our first time but can see why they were so busy. Food is right on target to go with their many brews. Drinks exceptionaly reasonable in price and nice pours. Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014Overall we enjoyed nearly all of our food. The burger, black bean burger, portabella sandwich, and vegetarian chili were all excellent. We did not care for the shrimp pasta al fredo.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprised!rPolDined on 8/10/2014I have lived in Marhall's Creek for almost 10 years and in regret not coming here much sooner. My girlfriend and I went for lunch and we were both pleasantly surprised. From the service to the food. The place was comfy and very classic looking. We will definitely come back, maybe dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday personmaybenexttimeDined on 7/26/2014The waitress was very attentive....but I told her it was my friend's birthday and although the waitress did "nod her head yes" nothing special happened. I was expecting a few waiters or waitress to come clapping when the dessert was served - maybe a little candle or AT LEAST the waitress saying Happy Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service, long wait for appOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Great Salmon dinner. ,service slow. Long wait for drinks & APPETIZERS. Requested deck seating , was told they couldn't honor that , they did find us seating & it was a great night Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Outstanding FoodiliketoeatVIPDined on 6/4/2014This is a great place with several rooms and at least two outdoor dining locations. We were greeted promptly and made to feel very welcome. Our drinks were a little slow in arriving and the entrees came a little to close to the salads. But those were minor concerns. The food was excellent. My wife had grilled salmon which was very well prepared and attractively presented. She said it was very good. I had baked trout which just might have been the very best I have ever eaten. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. To top it off, when the bill came we received a ten percent discount on the food because the manager of the restaurant had noticed I was wearing a wrist band which identified me as a guest at a nearby resort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the The Gem and Keystone Brewpub reviews archive.
- Excellent food, relaxed atmosphereCCW14Dined on 4/15/2014The food was great. I highly recommend the apple tartlet. Nice relaxed atmosphere with an excellent menu of beers brewed right in the property. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse Menu, Excellent BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014I have been here several times and find it to be the best in the area. I like a variety of food, and this place fits the bill. They also use a lot of locally source food, which is another huge plus in my book... the fresher, the better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HONESTLY .. THE BEST .. HANDS DOWNBrandonDined on 2/18/2014We were a group of five snowboarders, coming in from a long, cold, day at the mountain. We had made reservations here along with our stay at Shawnee Inn. We loved the location and the atmosphere of the Pub and when we saw and then tasted the food, it was out of bounds GREAT! Sincerely some of the best food we have enjoyed anywhere, can't say enough about it. The steak was cooked over a wood fire and you could smell that when it arrived, it was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The steak sandwich was PRIME RIB, so tender to eat and just out of this world, as was the Salmon, Buffalo Chicken. You won't regret eating here, that's a promise. If you enjoy great food, great place, you found it here! Thank you all! Top Notch, ROCK ONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Food lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013Ordered Baby Back Ribs, Fish & Chips, and the Cranberry Walnut Salad with grilled chicken. Only the salad was eatable. The ribs were greasy with zero flavor. The fish was completely over cooked and dry. Maybe we caught them on an off night - it was disappointing. Also, they should consider adding bottle beer to the bar menu
- Great mealeanc1Dined on 12/13/2013We had a great family meal at the Gem & Keystone. The service is friendly and the food is well prepared and good. We love the cranberry wings offered during the holidays, the crab dip, the Portabello mushroom sandwich topped with swiss and the cheesesteak best of all. Friday night is the "full rack" night where you can get a full rack of baby back ribs that are delicious also. For dessert, you can't go wrong with the s'more mousse offering in the summer - it's delicious! Brownie sundae is great too. It's a good place to stop for a nice meal at any time of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poconos PleasureJredstangVIPDined on 10/18/2013Stopped here on the way to Shawnee Village. Beautiful and scenic.. the brew is great, the food is awesome, and the place is fun. Service was prompt and friendly. Going back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionLmk117Dined on 9/14/2013The cheese dip appetizer was to die for. It came with two warm soft pretzels and the cheese dip was warm & delicious. We had a hard time deciding because so many things sounded good. We had the steak sandwich and pulled pork BBQ, both of which were really good. Our waitress, Jade was fantastic and the atmosphere was nice. Would definitely go again when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JMRWDined on 8/26/2013My husband and I loved the beer selection, and the food was delicious. We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleChuckie412Dined on 7/17/2013Except for the service, our experience at this restaurant was terrible. It was so hot that except if you were sitting right next to the air conditioner you were totally uncomfortable. The food was noting to write home about and terribly overpriced for what you got. .I had the beer battered cod and there was more batter then fish and it was just falling off on the plate. Usually this happens when the battered fish is frozen before it is cooked. My husband had the pecan crusted trout,. The trout was extremely small, dry and overcooked and you could count the pecan pieced that constituted the "crust." I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unless you are just going for the beer!
- Great food, but very noisy!MiHikerDined on 7/13/2013We had a very nice dinner here. Our waitress was quite good, although the food was somewhat slow in coming. If there had been a table outside on the deck, I probably would have given the place 5 stars, but we had to eat inside, where the noise level was so high we could hardly hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food5eatsDined on 7/6/2013Food was very good. We ate outside. Waitress was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Nice People!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013A great time and the food and people friendly. Some of the dishes like the beer cheese dip were wow! The views are out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The was an unexpected find.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2013The was an unexpected find. wonderful food that is only beaten by the wonderful service received. Great beer made onsite, food that melts in your mouth and a beautiful outdoorsy look of the Poconos. Great restaurant placed in the Shawnee areaSpecial Features:
- Great Staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The wait-staff and manager were absolutely delightful and very accommodating. We were there with a group of 11 and they handled all of our requests skillfully. That's not always so easy with a bunch of retirees like us! We have already booked our next theater night at The Shawnee Playhouse for a return dinner at the Gem and Keystone. The way the staff handled our evening made us all feel very comfortable and eager to return.Special Features:
- This is my second time diningFirstTimeDinerVIPDined on 3/30/2013This is my second time dining here. I was craving the Trout since my last visit a year ago. It did not disappoint and was still very good. Maybe one day I will try other entrees on the menu.Special Features:
- Bad Choice...even if staying at InnOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/3/2013Overpriced for quality of food. Lighting too bright and setting dated. Server was polite, but poor quality of food and limited menu overshadowed service. Unfortunately, appears area lacks many options, thus need to improve quality is unlikely to occur.Special Features:
- Food is good. We eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Food is good. We eat here every time we visit Shawnee and are not disappointed. This year we took our son with us for Valentine's Day and we all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- A Gem of a PlaceSobrinaBDined on 1/29/2013This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and both times the food was awesome. I like the portion sizes and the presentation of the food was beautiful. I will be back again.Special Features:
- I took a nibble from my sonsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012I took a nibble from my sons cheesesteak then I wanted more...it was the best I have ever tasted! Step back Geno's and Pat's....The Gem has the best!Special Features:
- Great FindDianeVIPDined on 10/10/2012This was a great find. I was there for lunch with a party of four. The service was great and the food was fantastic . I was very pleased with this restaraunt
- My husband and I were on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012My husband and I were on a romance weekend at the pocono. We decide to go venture for lunch. Lucky I have the open table app on my phone. It got us the Pub. My husband had the ribs and I had the Na'an sandwich buffalo style...the food was amazing... But the best part was the raspberry Blanche beer...we are def planning to go back and we have already recommended this pub to several people...I wish I could attach a picture of the beautiful view we soaked up while eating and having a couple of drinks!Special Features:
- It was absolutely great! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012It was absolutely great! The food was very well prepared in addition to having a unique twist. Also, the handcrafted beer was the main purpose for going in my mind. It was out of this worldSpecial Features:
- We had 7:00 p.m. reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012We had 7:00 p.m. reservations on a Friday night. There were people waiting but we got seated right away. Shared the Manderian Salad. Very good! I had the salmon and my husband had the trout. Very impressed with the presenation with the Shawnee Inns home grown vegetables. Both entrees were very good! We ordered the Neopolian with berries. It was delicious! Very fresh. The french pressed coffee was not to our liking. Our waitress took it off the bill. We were staying at the Shawnee so we visited the Gem on two more occasions for drinks and appetizers. The ShawneeCraft beers are excellent! We only live an hour away in NJ. We will probably drive out to the Gem for lunch on a Saturday.Special Features:
- I was particularly pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2012I was particularly pleased with the interesting vegetarian selections and the extensive beer selection (made on premises).Special Features:
- Unfortunately, we did notOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2012Unfortunately, we did not have the experience we expected here. Our server didn't mention the specials, gave us wrong information regarding the food, and didn't readily give us refills for water and iced tea.
- Fine Food, beer, wine + atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012The night before Mother's day is when we treated mom to a special dinner here. We have been here before and we enjoy the large bank of windows which provide a great deal of light into the main room and a view of the "training golf course" We also enjoy the food which is always well prepared and entrees are close to fine food. They also have simpler food for those who prefer. They have a brew pub! And a wide array of wines by the glass I began with the romaine salad which is large enough for two to share. Regrettably, I ate most of it! The dressing on the side which is great for me. For the main meal, I had the crab cakes. I would describe the crab cakes as more crab than cake and delicately seasoned. French press coffeeSpecial Features:
- What makes it outstandingdiningoutVIPDined on 4/12/2012What makes it outstanding is the beer - brewed on site - their motto is "beer from here, food from near". We tried several different brews during our stay, and were pleased with all. Their imperial bourbon barrel porter could be dessert!
- A must!FirstTimeDinerVIPDined on 4/6/2012This was my first time dining at The Gem and Keystone Brewpub. I thought it would be more of a bar scene but was pleasantly surprised at the comfort cozy feel I felt dining there. I ordered the trout and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- My Kids and Husband lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012My Kids and Husband loved their Food I was not crazy about mine. its was not what I thought it would be. but in all fairness they all tried it and said it was great. The Apps were delish. Would go back againSpecial Features:
- great food. inventive menudani63VIPDined on 3/10/2012great food. inventive menu with great crafted beerSpecial Features:
- Standard pub fare during lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012Standard pub fare during lunch hours. Our server was not very good. We had literally just been seated and the server wanted to know if we were ready to order. We asked for a little time to look at the menu as it was our first time there and the came back in less than a minute looking to take the order. The setting is very nice and the beer that is brewed on site was vey good. Please note that the website as of 2/26/12 states that lunch and dinner are available from 11am on. This is not the case...dinner is not available until 4pm.Special Features:
- We were staying at the ShawneeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012We were staying at the Shawnee inn and chose this restaurant because it had a lot of options for vegetarians. They had several fish options and plenty of choices for the kids. Must try the pretzel appetizer with cheese dip! Food was very good and it was a comfortable atmosphere. Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- The menu was vegetarian friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The menu was vegetarian friendly, which is great. However, a little more variety would be desirable. For example, there should be more options other than sandwiches and fried food.Special Features: