The Gasparilla Inn Main Dining Room
500 Palm Avenue
Boca Grande, FL 33921Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Gasparilla Inn Main Dining Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.the-gasparilla-inn.com/din_main.php
- Phone: 9419644530
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 9:30am, Sunday: 7:30am - 10:30am; Dinner Nightly: 6:30pm - 9:00pm during peak season. Thursday - Sunday 6:30pm - 9:00pm during shoulder season.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Timmins CMC
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Bender 9419644576
A word from The Gasparilla Inn Main Dining Room
Our spacious and welcoming Main Dining Room is at the heart of the many culinary experiences that delight guests at The Gasparilla Inn & Club. Breakfast and dinner offer the most tantalizing of fresh and natural ingredients available. All of this is presented impeccably by a cordial and knowledgeable staff that is dedicated to make each and every dining experience memorable. The Main Dining Room is open to the general public, members and hotel guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Gasparilla Inn Main Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (9)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Staff are very rude!PeppperDined on 6/14/2014If you go here make sure to have formal attire or they will not serve you!
- Weekend retreatNaplesguyDined on 6/14/2014Stayed at Inn for weekend retreat. Golf was fantastic and had dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday am at the Inn. Both meals were excellent with attentive servers and wonderful atmosphere. Food allergies were accommodated easily. Had a southern hospitality feel, with service at same pace but very attentive. Would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Presentation was exceptional especially caesar salad. Prawn with angel hair was wonderful. Service was great. Food was abit pricey but overall was great.Special Features:
- Better than expectedFIGGDined on 5/25/2014The food and service was superb in the Main Dining Room at The Gasparilla Inn. My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff made us feel very special with a personalized menu with our name on it and greetings from many of the staff. The shrimp cocktail, Maine Lobster salad, Grouper and Filet Mignon were outstanding. The 20% gratuity was included on the check which was highlighted by the server. I appreciated they pointed it out, and wound up tipping extra.Special Features:
- Classic and fun!JohnVIPDined on 5/24/2014I hadn't been to the Gasparilla Inn since it had been re-done. The interiors were very nice and what you might expect. the food was incredible and the servicer terrific too. The chairs we sat in were very comfortable and we had a great view of the golf course and pond. I would definitely go back!
- Back in TimesusiejcDined on 5/24/2014Always go to this place when at our vacation home. Amazing black grouper, get it when they have it best fish ever. Nothing is bad. Menu changes often.Special Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the The Gasparilla Inn Main Dining Room reviews archive.
- Gasparilla Inn is truly enjoyable.Mydiamonds88Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend the Gasparilla Inn, particularly for couples that seek a quiet, relaxing, and memorable meal. The wait staff is superb. The food is prepared nicely and in adequate portions. The scenic beauty of the island abounds in the views from each window. If you are in search of a romantic dining opportunity, the Gasparilla Inn will hit the mark.Special Features:
- Great Place!GreatDiningDined on 5/11/2014The food and ambiance was superb. Very nice selection of foods for this Mothers Day Brunch. The service was outstanding, and all very happy to help you with a smile. This will be our new annual tradition for this special occasion.Special Features:
- Enchanting breakfastLuvitwantmoreDined on 5/11/2014Visiting my sister here in Florida, I wanted to take her someplace she had never been but always wanted to go. Since Gasparilla Inn filled this bill, we decided to start with breakfast and it was wonderful. Staff was friendly, courteous and attentive. Even my non-committal brother-in-law enjoyed it and said he would like to go back for lunch. You have a beautiful setting and we all thoroughly enjoyed our time with you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningfrequentdinerDined on 5/4/2014It was a pleasant dinner! Our waiter was great and helpful in selecting our dinner. It was my husband's birthday and the menu had his name with birthday wishes...a thoughtful gesture! I had the tuna which was wonderful. The caesar salad was good but it did lack garlic flavor. My husband , I can't recall what he selected for his entree, loved his dinner. We can't wait to visit the Inn again and certainly will have dinner there. All in all, it was a super birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20% Mandatory TipEmulVIPDined on 4/29/2014They add a 20% tip to your bill and the service suffers because of it. Even for a party of 2 people, you must tip 20%. Even if you hate the service, you must tip 20%. The service is so so. They aspire to be a 4 star resturant but the service isn't. It's a beautiful dinning room.
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2014Went there for a birthday celebration with another couple. Had a cocktail on the outdoor patio...beautiful setting overlooking the golf course. The decor in the public areas of the Inn is impeccable. Real Old Florida charm. Food was outstanding and the presentation was really something special. This just a wonderful place for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Florida CharmsusiejcDined on 4/8/2014One of our favorite places to go for dinner when at our vacation home.Great food.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCharlieVIPDined on 3/26/2014Took my wife for her birthday. The menu was personalized recognizing her birthday. Service and ambiance was outystanding. My dinner was prepared perfectly, she was not as pleased, but may have been her choice. The wine list was solid. Booked on open table and only had a few reservation times available, however there were many tables available upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationzsazsaDined on 3/12/2014MOre than i1 month in advance we were told that 6 :15 was the only available time. We tried numerous times to get a later reservation . When we arrived there were plenty of open tables all evening.Special Features:
- Gracious diningWIdinerDined on 3/10/2014The Gasparilla Inn is a throw-back to earlier times, and that is meant to be a compliment. The food was excellent and the wait staff knew their menu. The menu was heavy on fish choices, to be expected in Florida. There were a couple of service errors, i.e. an iced-tea refill that was very slow in coming, a dinner knife that should have been a steak-knife (it was replaced when the steak was served). I realize these are minor things, but this is an expensive restaurant that touts excellent service. The service was paced on the slow side. However, I believe this was intended as there was lots of serving staff and the dining room was not busy. This is not a "hurry up, eat, and move on" kind of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Florida EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Old Florida Elegance with superb food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant spotbperkVIPDined on 2/24/2014Enjoyable, relaxing experience. Very professional, attentive service. Delightful setting. Food was very good, though not exceptional. Will dine here three or four times over the course of a few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, Overall very nice.KaliberDined on 2/22/2014As usual, Overall very nice. Disappointed in food for the first time. All four of us felt the same.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good as wasLakeBoyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was very good as was overall service. Server lacked the friendliness often heard about from the Inn. Food presentation is superb, however very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Boca Grande- Gasparilla InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014The dining highlight of a month stay on this fine, secluded island. Not many places to dine, but no need to elsewhere with this oneSpecial Features:
- One of the Great Old InnsAnnieDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for Valentine's Day dinner for just the two of us and arrived early so we could drive around Boca Grande. It is well worth the long ride out there and the $6.00 toll at the bridge. The Inn is really old Florida but beautifully kept. The dining room is very large, but the tables are well spaced and the seating comfortable. The service was white glove and friendly. The drinks were very large and the food was superb. It was fully booked, but seating was staggered so there was never any feeling that we were being rushed thru the meal. And it was such a pleasure to enjoy a QUIET meal. Although seated at the far end of the room, we could still hear the piano music drifting in from the lobby over the murmur of closer voices.Special Features:
- The Gasparilla InnArnieDined on 1/26/2014We had a wonderful evening at The Gasparilla Inn. Our server, Quentin, was outstanding. We so very much appreciated his kind attention to our table as we were celebrating the special occasion of my husband's return from Afghanistan. Quentin was friendly and most efficient. Truly a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants...RevDebDined on 1/18/2014One of our favorite restaurants in the world! The dining room is just beautiful and the service is wonderfully attentive. The Whiskey Sommelier was fascinating and FUN.Special Features:
- A Special Special EveningShelleyDined on 1/9/2014From the moment we walked in the front door i knew this would be an evening to remember and I was right! The Inn is a gracious old world Florida experience from its outstanding service to its delicious food to its elegant atmosphere. All four of us agreed that we would return to this restaurant as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatDebbieDined on 1/8/2014We had a wonderful evening. The food was sublime, and the service excellent. I would recommend it to anyone who would appreciate the whole experience of dining at Gasparilla Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gasparilla Inn Restaurant Is a GemAlexDined on 12/28/2013Always enjoy dining out at The Inn. Service is impeccable and the dining choices are excellent. The wine list is exceptional. Don't forget to indulge in the desserts!Special Features:
- Gasparilla Inn Dining Rm.- XmasTimegolfpal33Dined on 12/27/2013We dined in the Main Dining Room at The Gasparilla Inn on Boca Grande during Christmas/New Years Week and were delighted by the decorations of gorgeous Christmas Trees, Giant Gingerbread House, Twinkling Lights and Garland up the staircases, and beautiful pink and white pointsettias all around. Our table for two was by the window and we sat in the most comfortable wicker high back cushiony chairs. They were soooo comfy! We tried the Pate, Stone Crab Claws, Maine Lobster Salad, Grilled Swordfish, and Veal Steak. The Wine List was very elaborate. And the wine prices were reasonable by the glass. The waiters and waitresses are very polite and experienced and cater to your every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical old Florida gem!DougDined on 12/23/2013Dining at the historical Gasparilla Inn is a throwback to the old Florida of Hemingway's time. The hardwood floors of the patio gleam like the planks of an old steamer ship. You're immediately immersed in a warm and inviting lobby loaded with charm. The dining room itself was decorated for the season with plenty of Christmas trees, wreaths, and other holiday ornaments. The service was spectacular! Each table is surrounded with staff to tend to your every need. We were never in short supply of anything. The menu offered many wonderful choices. The food arrived with ample time for conversation and we never felt delayed or rushed. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for a delightful ambiance with an upscale dining flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!eaterDined on 12/22/2013Please include the Gasparilla Inn dining room in your plans if you're in Boca Grande. You'll be transported to a different day and age when you walk through the Inn's door. And the food and service is beyond compare. The decor, the food, the service all made for a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasitc food and Florida charmsusiejcDined on 11/1/2013If you consider yourself a foodie and or love a great dining experience with old Florida charm and ambiance than this is the place for you. During the season you must dress for dinner and men must have a sport coat, and I love that you can go someplace and feel and dress special. Don't expect to get the same thing each time because they change some menu items but they have all been wonderful. My sister got the swordfish, I got the freshly caught grouper and hubby got a filet. Dinner comes with 2 sides and the potatoes and the asparagus were to die for. We each tried the potato leek soup, and the Caesar salad, Service from the time you walk in until you leave is wonderful. Favorite place to go when in in Florida home.Special Features:
- One word describes it all--FABULOUSGailDined on 10/30/2013We loved our dinner (and our three breakfasts) at the Inn. The service is so professional but friendly--just as it should be in the South--and, of course, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!DannyDined on 10/20/2013As we entered the dining room our hostess greeted us with a big smile and showed us to a table by the window with a view of the golf course. Perfect! When we open our menus we noticed “Happy 40th Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Blackburn” on the right side. What a nice surprise. The manager, Nate, came to our table and poured two glasses of complimentary champagne. Cathy started with “Locally Harvested Stone Crab”.I had “Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail”. Then Cathy had the “Tossed Mixed Greens” and I had the “Boston Bibb Salad”. Nate informed us that preparing our meals for the evening was Chef Blackburn!!! Out came a complimentary course of “Roasted Beef Tenderloin". Cathy had “Rosemary Scented Rack of Lamb” I had “Local Black Grouper Filet”.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013This was an anniversary party for four couples Celebrating 10, 25, and 50 year anniversarys. The food, the service was outstanding everything met our expectations. Will definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- GraciousfreespiritDined on 6/9/2013Decor, attentiveness and food were most gracious. We celebrated a birthday our meal was a special event. The scallops and Crispy Red Snapper were outstanding. Don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013Chef Seth is doing an amazing job there. His pairings of ingredients are innovative and so delicious. We had dinner there 3 nights in a row it was excellent each night I would highly recommend . Looking forward to going back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLD FLORIDA CHARMsusiejcDined on 5/30/2013What a wonderful place to dine. We just love it so much. The greeting you receive at the door is so special and then the service while at the table is beyond compare. Now they are to fussy but just enough to know you are not forgotten. The shrimp cocktail is beautifully presented and the Caesar salad is so uniquely presented but delicious. I got the grouper and my husband got the tenderloin and the presentation is amazing and the food wonderful Dessert to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but Hot!!!MommyDined on 5/12/2013Everything was wonderful, except....the dining room and hotel are very hot. The hotel is quite old and with the west sun hitting it in the afternoons, it makes it uncomfortable to enjoy yourself. My husband was sweating so much, he had to take his jacket off, to find he had soaked through his shirt. I asked some staff if something was wrong with the air, only to find out, it is typical of the hotel. I would be very cautious to stay there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWsusiejcDined on 4/12/2013Wow is all I can say. What an amazing dining experience. A welcome greeting when you come in the door and then a bread server comes around with 3 choices of bread-delicious!! Next the wait staff takes your order and the menu changes, and is small but it is truly a menu for foodies. I got the shrimp cocktail and it was amazing, presentation fabulous. Hubby got the Caesar salad and it was presented very differently but was so good. For the main course, he got the tenderloin and I got the black grouper, no not blackened, black grouper, no it isn't black when you get it but it was the BEST FISH I ever ate. Chef's presentation was wonderful served on a bed of mashed potatoes and fresh white and green asparagus. Worth the trip. Dessert AmazingSpecial Features:
- 20% gratuity included in checkBigGuyDined on 4/5/2013We had several issues. We ate near sunset and one of our party needed to maneuver in order to find a spot without sun in her eyes. The rolls were stale. The entrees took 40 minutes to arrive after appetizers were cleared. The waiters walked by talking to each other loud enough to interrupt our conversation. One meal was undercooked and was returned to the kitchen. Finally, when the check arrived, it included a twenty percent gratuity. This was neither noted on the menu nor did the waiter inform us of the fact. I discussed these issues with the manager of the dinning room. He expressed gratitude for my raising these issues, and termed not informing us about the gratuity unforgivable. He comped our meal. I think he sincerely tried.