The Garden Restaurant
15 E. S Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84150Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Garden Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gardenmenu.com/
- Phone: 8015393170x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Scott Ackley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: Main St
- Public Transit: Trax stop - City Center
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is located underneath the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Access to this underground lot can be found heading west on South Temple Street. When dining at The Garden Restaurant, we give you a 3 hour parking validation.
A word from The Garden Restaurant
Located on the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, The Garden Restaurant has stunning views of Temple Square and Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. The Garden Restaurant is the natural choice when you want to be informally formal. You’ll dine in a comfortable plaza-like atmosphere, surrounded by Mediterranean columns and fountains accented with live flowers and trees. One look at the delightful and varied menu prepared by our expert team of Chefs, and you’ll know you have discovered a Garden of delights. Note: no alcohol or coffee is served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Garden Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Garden Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)special occasion (51)great for lunch (47)good for groups (32)romantic (29)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (19)fit for foodies (17)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- Great View!SuzyDined on 10/20/2014A beautiful view at sunset. Nice casual place easy and comfortable. Food good with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceLove2dineDined on 10/17/2014We had a lovely dinner to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. Our table overlooked the Mormon temple. We enjoyed the sunset as the lights came on across the valley. Our waiter was excellent! He served us not only our food but a big smile, too. I enjoyed my salmon dinner. My husband wasn't as happy with his flatiron steak...a little undercooked. Overall, we enjoyed our evening and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerorganmdDined on 10/17/2014The occasion was my birthday. We were attending a concert in the Salt Lake Tabernacle at 7:30 PM so it was a no brainer to make reservations at the Garden ahead of the concert. Our table was ready when we arrived with no waiting. The service was excellent and the food was to the high standard we have come to expect from the Garden.Special Features:
- GardenluverDined on 10/17/2014It was a wonderful experience had by all. The food was great, the service was excellent. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view and clean dining areaWantinggoodfoodDined on 10/15/2014I had taken my wife to The Garden a few years ago. We loved the view but we found the food very marginal so have never returned. Our company had our independent auditors in from Illinois. I wanted to show them a bird's eye view of Salt Lake City so I made reservations and requested window seating. There was no attempt to get us window seating or any acknowledgement that I had even requested it. They messed up the order - half of our group got their meals while the other half had to wait another 10+ minutes to get their meals. We were on a tight time table and this mess up and the slow service resulted in lunch taking over an hour and a half. Food was very marginal and the entire group agreed that the food was of lower quality.Special Features:
- Parking was awfulFloridaEDDined on 10/8/2014Underground says 7' clearance, but once down it was 6'8". We had to pay and park on the street (pickup truck needed 7' clear). Nice view of the temple and grounds. We dine here everytime we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!GardenFan4LifeDined on 10/8/2014The service here was great. We went for my husbands birthday and they were so nice to him. They opened the roof and had him let off a balloon. It was so fun and the food was so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- htitobtDined on 10/3/2014It was my husband's 67th birthday, and we were treated very special, unlike the Roof, last year when we celebrated our 45th anniversary. They gave us the worst table in the house, even though I booked 3 months in advance. They wouldn't even listen to my complaint. We had a much more enjoyable experience at The Garden. The temple was beautiful. The service was great! They accommadated my husband, when he was served coleslaw, which he doesn't like, so he asked for fruit instead and they brought him some. I would definately reccommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmickeyDined on 9/27/2014Took my wife here for a date. We both really enjoyed it. Can't wait to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were pleased and will come again next year. I liked that we could make our reservation on line and especially appreciated them reminding me a week before by phone. Great place especially for a group of women.Special Features:
- Everyone Has a Bad NightFoodieBobDined on 9/26/2014We love The Garden Restaurant. The food is always delicious. The service is attentive. And the view is spectacular. But Saturday night must have been an off night. The artichoke dip with the fried pita was spot on--as usual. But everything fell apart from there. The tomato asiago soup was thin and metallic tasting. Drink refills were slow. And my medium-well steak was still mooing. Others in our party experienced similar challenges. One salad was delivered after the entree had been presented--but only after the guest had reminded our server that it had been forgotten. I'm not sure why things were so off. But it was definitely not a positive experience. Not like what we normally experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Where else can you be and feel like you could reach out and touch the spires of the temple. Beautiful sunsets.Special Features:
- Great view. Food just average.coledustDined on 9/13/2014Great atmosphere. Service was good, but slow at times. Had the pork loin which was cold in the middle, but the fish tacos were tasty. Overall, had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb salmon saladslclawyerDined on 9/10/2014The salmon salad was very good. The fish was well-prepared and delicious and the combination of flavors (particularly the citrus dressing) was excellent. The presentation of the four dishes served at our table was excellent. The view over Temple Square is spectacular. This was a great choice for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was a perfect place to take my grown up 9 year old granddaughter for her birthday. Grown up enough that it was special, but not so grown up either of us were out of place. And as it was her birthday, the balloon and the ability to let it fly "up to heaven" as she said, was really a special touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PollyDined on 9/5/2014Top service and food quality THE BEST!! Ambiance was the icing on the cake. Waiter was superb. Wonderful evening as always.Special Features:
- Thank You for a lovely lunchstlesserDined on 9/4/2014My sister retired that day from 25 years at Franklin Covey. My sister-in-law and I took her to lunch to celebrate. It couldn't been more positive!!! Our waiter was delightful and so very kind, the food was fabulous and the few stunning. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, mediocre foodyeppersDined on 9/3/2014The view is breath taking. Especially at sunset. The food was good, just not as good as I expected for the price.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We had a great experience!!! The ambiance was perfect, beautiful view, great food and super service!!! A perfect evening!Special Features:
- beautiful view, but service slowlauriewDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, though I did have a bad reaction to the fish tacos. eat them all the time and have never had a problem. restaurant was quaint and we loved when they opened the roof to let the fresh air in. Service was slow and people that sat after us were served first. The waiter was new, so maybe that was the problem.Special Features:
- wedding party initial meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Service was slow, waitress was friendly, raspberry lemonade was initially diluted and lacking in flavor and taste, food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a wonderful viewBirthdaygalDined on 8/26/2014The Garden is a wonderful restaurant with an incredible view of Temple Square and sunsets across the Great Salt Lake. On summer evenings the roof opens up and you can enjoy the cool air as an added bonus. We were greeted by cheerful greeters who helped us to our table and our server was attentive. The food was delicious and we were able to sit for a couple of hours and visit with our friends. We didn't feel rushed or that they wanted the table for another guest. Thanks for making my birthday wonderful.Special Features:
- Great viewNetsDined on 8/26/2014Interesting view is the best part. The server was young, inexperienced and VERY forgetful, but a sweet, folksy type. Food: better rolls please, portions huge, flavor adequate.Special Features:
- Large wedding distracted waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Very good food, moderately priced, waiters moderately attentive but distracted by very large wedding group in restaurant so they made some mistakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingSaxeygirl1Dined on 8/19/2014Beautiful location. Poor service. Oriental Chicken salad less than wonderful. "Asian vegetables" were scarce or missing and the cashews were few and far between. The chicken was dry and the cold lump of pasta all over the top was awful. My husband's Shrimp Louie salad was meager in size shrimp, crab, and toppings - tomatoes, eggs, etc. A lovely setting. The Mandarin Chicken salad they serve at the Nauvoo cafe downstairs is ever so much better and about half the price. In the future I think we'll eat at the Nauvoo Cafe then take the elevator up to 10 and look at the view.Special Features:
- Not too shabbySealDined on 8/18/2014Great restaurant, with an awesome view. Very affordable for rooftop dining.Special Features:
- Great service, great mealMunyamaDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful evening meal. The service was great - very personable, helpful, prompt Really enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Excellent Restaurant, Excellent location/view and Excellent food. The staff was great with our many young kids. It is always fun to release balloons through the ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST.AnnieDined on 8/8/2014I took my wife to your restaurant for her Birthday. The entire experience was delightful. Somehow you find the most well trained servers in downtown Salt Lake. Our steak was so tender, juicy and tasted heavenly. The entire visit was extra ordinary and I'm looking forward to our next outing to your restaurant. i'mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food was not worth the money. The service and view was good but could not get over the bad food especially for the price you pay.Special Features:
- New traditionNikkinickDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I just ate at the Garden Restaurant for out 13 wedding anniversary. The food was amazing. Our waitress was great. They greeted us with our table already prepared with a sweat Happy Anniversary sign on our table. They opened the roof for us and provided us balloons to make wishes with and release. The view was great as well, overlooking Temple Square and the the entire west side of the valley. We will most certainly be going back!Special Features:
- fantastic everything!lv2eatDined on 8/5/2014Great food, super friendly service, fantastic view, what a delight! Took my sister there for her birthday lunch and enjoyed it immensely. They gave her a balloon and opened the roof so she could make a wish and release it. Reservations not necessary but they help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a 71st birthday. I'm from Lawrenceville, Georgia, and hosted the occasion for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. It could not have been any better. He thoroughly enjoyed releasing the balloon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Slow ServiceFoCoFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Service was pretty slow although I've experienced worse. Food was very good but a little expensice for lunch. Not a huge menu but their clam chowder was delicious & I loved the Poached pear salad. We also tried the loaded kettle chips, I could have skipped those but they weren't bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view - mediocre foodRobinjDined on 8/1/2014The view is lovely and the restaurant is clean and well decorated. The waiters are kind and conscientious. The food prices are a bit steep and not worth it. The quality and taste were more like a step up from fast food. Poor flavor, you could taste the cheap ingredients, not fresh. We didn't go to The Roof because we had a party of 8 and wanted to save money - expecting close to the same quality. What a disappointment. The bread was good.Special Features:
- Great place to visitauzfonzDined on 7/31/2014Can't beat the view. Food quality and presentation is great, especially for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentanypatsDined on 7/31/2014The bread is amazing. The food was wonderful. The view was great. Made for a perfect anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experiencepettsrusDined on 7/30/2014My family really enjoyed dining at The Garden. The food was delicious, the view was beautiful, and the atmosphere very inviting. We also enjoyed the open roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyDined on 7/29/2014Service was perfect...server was exceptional. Took our party right away and filled our request for table with a view. Responsive to toddler that made the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKimchiDined on 7/19/2014The Garden has delicious food, great service and is moderately priced. The view is great too!Special Features: