72 South Glenwood
Jackson Hole, WY 83002Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegaragejacksonhole.com/
- Phone: 3077338575
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Burke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Garage
This uniquely contemporary restaurant is located in one of Jackson"s historic buildings. The Garage offers an eclectic menu with something for everyone and age a large selection of salads, appetizers,pastas and seafood A local favorite for fresh ground burgers and baby back ribs. A full bar mixes up giant martins, specialty drinks, extensive wine list and local beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Garage reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a lot to choose from offOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/26/2013Not a lot to choose from off the menu... We all had something different. Steaks were overcooked were suppose to be medium and were well done. Didn't want to send back because it had taken too long already to get our meal also Mashed Potatoes were not real potatoes! Chicken noodle dish was average. Pizza was just a cheese pizza.
- Had a great dinner at theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/22/2013Had a great dinner at the Garage on a recent visit to JH. Elk chop was outstanding as were the Chop House rolls. Highly recommend for a casual family dinner. Great service as well.Special Features:
- The Garage is consistentlyJHLocalVIPDined on 3/21/2013The Garage is consistently good. Not the best restaurant in Jackson but solid, good food and service. Good happy-hour specials, great kids menu. Recommended.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant with goodkim2nycVIPDined on 3/16/2013Nice restaurant with good food, attentive service. Will be backSpecial Features:
- First time eating at the Garage,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013First time eating at the Garage, great setting for a casual get together with friends. The Chop house rolls are one of a kind! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Garage for BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013For a couple of years now, I've been going to The Garage when I get a hankering for a burger. I think the bison burger is especially good there. This time, I decided to branch out and get a crab cake and the salmon entree. Both were decidedly mediocre. They seemed healthy, but I've had much tastier (and bigger) crab cakes, and I can make better salmon at home. Unless I hear of changes in their kitchen, from now on I will go elsewhere for seafood.
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013If you're looking for somewhere between high class and relaxed in Jackson this is a good place although the menu is still a little pricey the quantity and variety on the menu but hey its Jackson. I guess you're paying for the ambiance of the town. Our server was fantastic and by far the best of any of the wait staff that waited on us throughout the week at all the restaurants we visited in town. Our meals were good and the filet especially was great with the sauteed brussel sprouts. My only complaints would be the quantity of food received with both of our pasta dishes. Very small portions for the price and ravioli as cooked a little less than al dente and looked like something from your local super store.Special Features:
- Unexpected treatJeniCVIPDined on 1/6/2013Walking past you may think that this restaurant is just another bar... It is far far from another bar! The food is fantastic, the steaks cooked perfectly, the pasta wonderful! They have a happy hour appetizer special that you cannot miss.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the waitress and food.BillDined on 1/3/2013Enjoyed the waitress and food. Specialty restaurant made to resemble a automotive garage. I more like a diner atmosphere than I expected. It was a slow night to don't really know what it is like when it is busy.
- There are good restaurantsmg13Dined on 12/29/2012There are good restaurants in Jackson. This isn't one of them. They sent out the wrong dishes for 2 out of 5. It was a long time before the right dishes arrived. Dinner ended with a grand finale of the waitress starting a bombing run with a tea pot before reaching the table and continuing it across the lap of one of us.
- I had the New York steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012I had the New York steak and my wife had the pumpkin ravioli. my steak was as tuff as shoe leather and the baked potato wasn't done. I sent the potato back and it still wasn't done so I settled on green beans. My wife enjoyed her pasta and we both enjoyed the drinks and the pretzel bread. Oh and our waiter was great.
- The menu was very limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/19/2012The menu was very limited but the burgers are great. They have a really good happy hour and a nice assortment of beer.Special Features:
- Great food and service, iOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2012Great food and service, i wish the restaurant had more gluten free pizza options.
- The Garage is the new nameTetonDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2012The Garage is the new name for Burke's Steakhouse. It appears they simply changed the name. Burke's was good and so is The Garage. It is a solid steakhouse with steakhouse offerings (very good beef and veal). I would recommend it as just that and there will be no disappointments.Special Features:
- John Mark is such a hospitableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2012John Mark is such a hospitable bar tender! He remembers people's names and what they like to drink and eat. He is very congenial, and he is a true asset to The Garage!Special Features:
- Delicious dinner at the Garage!TetonRoseVIPDined on 9/30/2012Delicious dinner at the Garage! I am addicted to their pretzel bread with the mustard dip. My husband is crazy about their ribs! We had a great dinner!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2012We went to the Garage for our 1st wedding anniversary and were really disappointed. My husband wasn't impressed with his steak. I had the pumpkin ravioli-the ravioli was good, but the sauce was runny. I thought they had a great wine selection though and they had my husband's favorite beer on tap. The waitress was very sweet but didn't check on us very often. Overall, we were disappointed and won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Pork chop heavenJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 9/4/2012Good food preparation. Pork Chop was best ever. We were disappointed that they have discontinued their famous Elk Street.Special Features:
- Our food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2012Our food was good and the waitstaff was attentive, but fell short on simple things like refilling the water glasses (at the same time really excelling in other areas...weird). We will definitely go back. Kids really liked it and they were not out of place there.Special Features:
- The food here is always good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2012The food here is always good. I had the cheese pizza which was delicious, and my husband loves the burgers.
- Small menu but great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2012Small menu but great steaks and hamburgers. Good bar w half price wine early.Special Features:
- Food was very good and plentiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Food was very good and plentiful. Booth was a little tired and small for 4(we have to large teenage son). However, overall one of the better restaurants we dined in Jackson hole.Special Features:
- We did not enjoy food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012We did not enjoy food was cold and could not get it warmed up. Something was wrong.
- Great restaurant for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2012Great restaurant for families with kids. Surroundings are pleasant and makes you feel like you are in a nice restaurant, yet the menu is simple good food from the steak sandwich and ribs to the salads. You will find something on the menu for everyone in the group. Service was timely and friendly.Special Features:
- We were a very diverse group-OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012We were a very diverse group- dedicated meat eaters and vegetarians alike- and we all agreed that our meals were fabulous!Special Features:
- Our party of four had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2012Our party of four had a good experience for a first visit. The onion ring appetizer is fantastic...crispy, seasoned batter and enough for four people to split. Although none of us wanted more than a burger, they were excellent including a portabella mushroom burger. Great martini to boot! Service was solid and the friendly manager even dropped by to see how things went for us. The place had a good buzz on a Thursday night and the ambience is nice. I can see how it might get a little rowdy when packed as the concrete floor will reflect noise upward with little to stop it. But for us, there were no noise issues. Portions are ample as well. Like!
- The food is just mediocre,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012The food is just mediocre, the wait staff looked like they would really rather not be there, and the sun was blinding. We have given this restaurant multiple tries and had already decided we wouldn't go back but we had a gift card.
- One word: DELICIOUS! I lovedTetonRoseVIPDined on 6/24/2012One word: DELICIOUS! I loved the pretzel bread with mustard dipping sauce, the garage salad, and the lobster penne dish! We had a great evening at the Garage!!!Special Features:
- Buffalo burger a bustDinahDined on 3/22/2012I was a return customer as Garage did a great job for my group of 17 over Christmas. However, this time with a group of four, the food was way below expectations. The special soup was good as well as the salad, but I was talked into having a Buffalo burger for $16. Instead of a regular hamburger. I asked for it med. Rare. It came totally well done and I just could not eat it. Also, two other in the party order the special rib eye steak. It was totally fatty. Very disappointed is time around.
- The wait staff was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2012The wait staff was outstanding and very accommodating, however....we ordered the Buffalo Burger and 1/2 rack of ribs. The burger should have been cooked medium rare - well it came out cooked like a hockey puck....not paying $16 for a over cooked piece of meat. The ribs were okay, kinda dry. We should have stuck with more appetizers for our main course. With so many dining options in Jackson, we would not return for a second meal.Special Features:
- We always love going to TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2012We always love going to The Garage. We always have a lovely time and feel so welcomed by all. Thank you for such a great evening!Special Features:
- Great experience , will certainlyVailFoodieVIPDined on 2/23/2012Great experience , will certainly visit again. Avery good local spotSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and good drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012Excellent food and good drink list. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- We went to The Garage forOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012We went to The Garage for Valentines Day simply because we wanted to try something new in town. It was a mistake. Our waitress did not even say hello to us until 10 minutes had passed from being seated. I understand she could have been "in the weeds" but at least say hello. I could have made a better caesar salad at home, and my filet was not worth $29. We will definitely not be going back to The Garage.
- We had a wonderful Valentine'sTetonRoseVIPDined on 2/14/2012We had a wonderful Valentine's dinner at the Garage! Everything was perfect! The salmon special was delicious! My husband had the seafood stew... coppolacia? However you spell it. Anyway he LOVED LOVED LOVED it! The service was great! Love the atmosphere! The pretzel bread is warm and addictive! Happy memories!Special Features:
- 3 out of 5 starsluvfoodDined on 2/6/2012It was alright...a bit over-priced. We were dissapointed when they served us ONE brussel sprout cut in half for $4.99. I sent it back and asked for more at that price. Aside from that, everyone was happy with their meal. The ambiance felt a bit forced and cheesy.
- Excellant experience. Fast,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2012Excellant experience. Fast, friendly service. Filet was cooked to order & Thai Stir Fried Beef had just the right amount of kick. Best upscale meal we had in Jackson.Special Features:
- This is the 2nd time we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011This is the 2nd time we've been to The Garage for New Year's Eve. We had a window view of the night time skiers with torches..beautiful. Food and service were excellent, so much better than many restaurants we've tried for New Year's Eve. We'll come back!Special Features:
- Delicious food, terrific ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Delicious food, terrific ambiance, and fabulous, engaging service from every staff member we encountered.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceMarcicVIPDined on 12/29/2011Disappointing experience. Food not great. Service not great. With so many other great choices around I would say pass.