The Game Grill + Bar
300 S Main Street
Akron, OH 44308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Game Grill + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegameakron.com/
- Phone: 3302520804x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday:10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Steve Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Planning your next event? Our unique event space is the perfect spot for your celebration or business gathering. The Duck Club features a flexible chef-driven catering menu, state-of-the-art AV and unprecedented views of Canal Park.
- Private Party Contact: Taylor 330252-0804x
- Entertainment: Akron RubberDucks Baseball Games
A word from The Game Grill + Bar
THIS SPRING THERE'S A NEW GAME IN TOWN! This spring, downtown Akron is home to a new dining experience. The Game Grill+Bar located at Canal Park will feature a newly designed restaurant space combined with a unique menu. The chef-driven offering includes a range of Appetizers, Gourmet Burgers, Artisan Sandwiches, Entrees and a Craft Beer list that celebrates local and regional breweries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Game Grill + Bar - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
The Game Grill + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (25)scenic view (23)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (15)hot spot (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)romantic (1)Show More
- Relaxing leisurely brunchEggsBenedictDined on 9/28/2014The staff was very friendly & apologized for menu not matching online menu. The item we went there for was no longer available. If you're not in a hurry for Sunday brunch and want delicious food, this is the place for you. We waited a very long time but the food was very good. I would love to go back for unlimited bloody Mary's & mimosa's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotBusinessLuncherDined on 9/23/2014This was my first time at "The Game" retaurant. We were seated with a wonderful view of the inside of the ballpark. The nice weather was a bonus and made the view picture-perfect. My guest and I each had a "wrap" along with a cup of white chili. The food was very nicely prepared. I plan to eat there again and recommend it for a nice casual business lunch. Looking forward to seeing what it might be like during a game (imagine it would be an entirely different experience).Special Features:
- What a find!HappyonabeachDined on 9/1/2014We had breakfast here and what a treat it was! First, you are overlooking the ballfield and second, the food was delicious! We are so happy we found this restaurant...we will definitely be back! I had real Quaker oatmeal: they put cinnamon in the brown sugar for it! I also had an English muffin with their own homemade strawberry jam! My husband had strawberry pancakes that had the strawberries baked right in. They also make their own sausages...even duck sausage was available. The entire time we watched them preparing the field and park for the day's game! What a great morning! Our server was also great...attentive, but not intrusive (shout out to him-he was from Georgia). Oh! The coffee was terrific, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and DrinksPatAkronDined on 8/30/2014Very good food. Enjoy not being rushed. Enjoy seeing the boss walk around the Game and greeting the customers. esp his walk through the stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good first tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Sat in hot sun on hot day. Good food and atmosphere. Poor wait on beverages and plates not cleared until after bill was paid.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day weekendHarryDined on 8/30/2014Made the reservation prior to the Saturday game. They were good enough to move us early on when the band was warming up because we were very close to them and would not have been able to talk to one another. Service was very good and the 4 of us had different meals and were all happy with our choices. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findJennkDined on 8/23/2014Out friends had been there a few times and suggested the place. It was a great find. The food and atmosphere were great. We will be back.Special Features:
- It was okayshuzshuz04Dined on 8/20/2014I found the food to be just okay nothing to write home about. I had the wings and they were not that great... not very meaty and the bbq sauce was not tangy at all. I will go back for to enjoy a drink outside and listen to live music .Special Features:
- has potentialpannDined on 8/17/2014I have been here three times and each time the service has been subpar. I am hoping that since the restaurant is new, it will adjust for the mistakes and become a great place to dine. The location is fantastic with the open air seating on nice days, but the food and service still need help. I will keep patronizing this place in hopes they improve!Special Features:
- Enjoyable!2visitgrannyDined on 8/10/2014A friend and I have now been to The Game Grill + Bar on two occasions, and were pleased with both visits. The salmon on salad was outstanding; on our second visit, the frittatta with chicken,avocados, tomatoes, cheese, etc. was equally good. Service, excellent. Being in the stadium, with the ball field in view, the restaurant atmosphere is very open and festive. A live band was playing, and this added to the fun. I intend to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great morning!EatNEnjoyDined on 8/10/2014We headed to the stadium for a fun filled day celebrating our son's 5th birthday--we made reservations for brunch for 9. Gorgeous day, gorgeous views, and great food!!! Our only down fall was wishing service was just a BIT more warm/welcoming/more personality-- along with a little bit quicker. Not that we were in a hurry---but we did have hungry toddlers and kiddos. Overall, great atmosphere, great start to a great birthday! :)Special Features:
- Rubber duck!Duck7Dined on 8/9/2014Awesome ambience and nostalgic view! Enjoyed the excellent food with the ballpark spin to the food but still elegantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation?WingerDined on 8/9/2014Made a reservation for 6. When we got to the restaurant they sat us at a table in the sun. I asked for a different table, they said there was none available. The restaurant was EMPTY, it was 4 pm. Ended up sitting at the bar because they were not helpful at all. When we finished an hour later there was still 4 large tables behind us empty?
- FabulousDiningDined on 8/8/2014Had a great experience...again! Can't wait to come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd timerLayersDined on 8/8/2014This was my second reserved dinner before the Ducks game. Again I had to ask for a waiter, and the food was overpriced and very unappetizing. I think the menu could use an overhaul, as the entree I ordered was one small piece of fish and some very unappetizing "hush puppies" for $15. The first time I ordered the vegetarian muffeletta which was small and bland. I will possibly try breakfast and see if it's any different, but no more dinners there for me.Special Features:
- Fun DowntownteejayDined on 8/8/2014Nice indoor/outdoor venue. You can sit out on the deck and actually watch the baseball game!!!Special Features:
- NoisyMcelenDined on 8/6/2014Hopefully they don't have a band playing all the time. We couldn't carry on a conversation with our meal. Actually, couldn't hear even if we talked loud.Special Features:
- BrunchPattyDined on 8/3/2014Though we like this place, my husbands breakfast came out cold and he asked to not be given the turkey sausage, preferred pork, he was given the turkey-service was very slow even though the place was not busy. Not sure if we would try it again, at least for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be backwildtrkVIPDined on 7/28/2014I entertain in downtown Akron weekly and have my favorites on where to go. The Game is now solidified as a go to meeting place on that list. Good food, varied menu and nice ambiance makes for a great place to meet for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first-time experiencedwright6Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time visiting The Game Grill + Bar & it was a very enjoyable experience! We had a hard time grasping why it was so empty. (Our guess was that it's a hot spot for the games, but maybe hasn't established its brunch presence downtown yet.) The food (I got a chicken frittata) was pretty darn good; the prices weren't cheap, but weren't unreasonable either. I really loved the atmosphere of the place and our waitress was great -- very personable. (We also thought the little check in the mailbox thing was cute.) I would definitely come back here again -- if not for the service than at least for the fact that it's the only good breakfast place to get a mimosa within like 50 miles. Thanks for the great dining experience, Duck Club!Special Features:
- Great food for Akron at LunchbrandishooterDined on 7/25/2014Great food for the price. Enjoy everythign "duck" related. Super slow service- had to ask for my check several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Game ActivittyPatAkronDined on 7/22/2014Great food and service. Watch batting practice, enjoy dinner and then Ducks game.Special Features:
- The Game GrillAbrilDined on 7/19/2014Dinner was good. Service was very good. They were hopping on the night of a baseball game. They had opened the front glass doors and it created a wind tunnel right through the restaurant. Everyone in that corridor - put on their sweaters and jackets. The front tables were blocking the movable windows - so it was very hard to get comfortable. The stadium was warmer than the inside of the restaurant. Next time I would make sure I was placed on an outside wall.Special Features:
- Outta the park delicious!Ambrosia24Dined on 7/18/2014My book group met for dinner at The Game Grill and we had a fabulous evening. Our waiter Nate was efficient, knowledgeable about the menu and a lot of fun. The menu selections were creative, fresh and delicious. We tried the mushroom soup, Thai wraps, quinoa entree, tofu burger, chicken sandwich and all were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KGKBDined on 7/17/2014Our food was good but service was not. The restaurant was not crowded at first but our server seemed to be missing all the time. I asked for mustard and ranch that I never got, had to return a drink and never got the wine I wanted instead, my friend ordered pino noir and got pino Grigio but paid $2 extra for the noir, our bills were mixed up, and we had to track our waitress down to even get the bill. Our first time there was not a good one.
- Eatery is Ducky!!!kittyluvsducksDined on 7/4/2014My husband has wanted to dine @The Game ever since it opened, so he called me from out of town and asked me to try to get reservations. NO PROBLEM...even though it was the 4th of July!! Well, it wasn't because it wasn't busy!!!! We were greeted and seated immediately...on time!!! Our server, Tom, took drink orders within minutes, despite the fact that every table seemed to be occupied. A short time later he took our dinner order...steaks...and after enjoying, maybe, 10 minutes of watching the action on Main Street, we were served!! And it was delicious!!!! The open air atmosphere, casual dress, and friendliness of the crew made this a wonderful dining experience, and we can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodMarkWatkinsDined on 7/4/2014This is not just a restaurant at a minor league ballpark, this is major league food at an affordable price. Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff unfriendlybigft14cmDined on 7/4/2014We visited on July 4th. The place was empty and they sat us in the sun outside by the drums. We asked for another table but they said everything was taken despite 3/4 of the place being empty. Food was way overcooked, waiter was less than attentive. I might give it another try down the road, because past visits have been amazing, but this experience will be hard to get over.
- Fabulously GoodMarkWatkinsDined on 6/27/2014What a great place to grab a pre-game meal, or any other time. Food was unique, delicious, and well presented. Service was impeccable. Lot's of fun in the Canal Park environment. Definitely going back next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at The GamegenieoutofthebottleDined on 6/27/2014I met friends at The Game for my birthday lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the foods. I had lobster tacos and a delicious macaroni w/lobster dish. As it is located on the edge of the Akron, Ohio Rubber Ducks baseball stadium, you can either eat "inside" the restaurant and enjoy the ambience (i.e., tables shaped like home plate, stainless steel bat lights hanging down from the ceiling), or sit out at the side which is open, looking toward the playing field. We had excellent service and a thoroughly enjoyable birthday celebration. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Great location and atmosphere for a sports bar with the stadium. The food is great for being a sports bar. I'm excited to try the all you can drink mimosas and bloody mary's. They have good beer on tap. The place is clean and brings in a good crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the The Game Grill + Bar reviews archive.
- Excellent Food...Service OKbearsfan684everDined on 6/21/2014Beautiful location; excellent food; quick service...a bit of problems with basics like silverware. Everyone was very helpful and nice though. I had the Cali Wrap and I would recommend it highly. Very healthy & tasted awesome!Special Features:
- Nice Variety & Decent PricesAkronLunchLoverDined on 6/20/2014Nice variety & decent prices. Burgers were not cooked enough, but they fixed it. Good portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so-so serviceFoodie22Dined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch. Everyone enjoyed their food, but service was sub par and slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why even bother?!TreAndDined on 6/15/2014I specifically made a reservation for Father's Day. Arrived right on time and was told my table was just sat...and then the hostess walked away. We ended up sitting at the bar. The severs on the floor were impolite and swore as they came to pick up their drinks. The bartender was polite and the only saving grace. The food took over 35 minutes to come out and we only ordered eggs and sandwiches.Special Features:
- Long wait timesFoodieDined on 6/15/2014If you plan to visit on a game day, be prepared to settle in and wait for food and drinks. We went on Father's day and arrived at noon when the restaurant was relatively empty. We waited for almost 45 minutes for food to be delivered and I waited almost 25 minutes for my beer. The food is nothing spectacular so if you are interested in great food there are other venues around downtown that offer better cuisine with faster, more attentive service. The location is great for the game....but in this case, location isn't everything.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE SERVCEbaseballfanDined on 6/14/2014I read all of the negative reviews beforehand, but figured it can't be that bad. It was. The wait staff must be trained to ignore patrons. The bad reviews are to numerous to be coincidence. After a considerable wait, you server will take your food and beverage order, return with drinks, and then be gone for the duration. Your meals will be served by either a manager or someone from the kitchen, and you are on your own. The restaurant itself is a convenient to the ballpark with plenty of potential, but is the most poorly operated establishment we have ever visited. Forget about this place and visit one of the many other dining options available close by.
- Great food, poor serviceAndyB1970Dined on 6/14/2014From our table we could look out and see Canal Park and the beautiful baseball stadium. However, it took 15 minutes for our waitress to come to our table, and the place was not even busy. Then it took forever for our food to get to the table. The food was very good and the wait staff was very nice; however, the time it took was ridiculous considering the fact that the place was not busy. The food was a bit pricy, but it was good, and the menu offered a wide array of menu items that were both kid and adult friendly. If the service was better, I would whole-heartedly recommend The Game Grill + Bar to everyone. However, unless you have a lot of time on your hands, I would recommend going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Terrible Customer ServicebabyboomerDined on 6/14/2014We were there over two hours - due to several service issues. We had a party of six - first when giving our drink order (draft beer list extensive) we were told "we're out of that". Never offered water. When meals where brought to the table - only five were brought - waitress said she would bring the sixth immediately - it took over 1/2 hour - then after going up to the waitress waiting on another table asked where the sixth meal was - she said she would check - it was the most simplest burger. Within 5 minutes the burger was delivered - almost raw! After several requests to see manager - they said they would fix another burger - 30 minutes later - wrong burger was brought and overcooked! All others at the table were done eating.
- not badWallyDined on 6/12/2014Live music was too loud and service was a little slow and confused. I would still recommend it as I write it off as a one time thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.