The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
42072 5th Street, 3rd Floor
Temecula, CA 92590Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wwww.thegamblingcowboy.com/
- Phone: 9516992895x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday thru Thursday 4-9pm
Friday, Saturday 4-10:30pm
Lunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 9am-2pm
Happy Hour Tues, Wed, Thurs 3pm- close. Fri, Sat, Sun 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Danny Clark
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our private veranda over looking Old Town Temecula. Our veranda is enclosed and is temperature controlled.
- Private Party Contact: Rene Ehmcke or Judi McMahon 9516992895x
- Entertainment: Now Playing; Guitarist Tim Cash, The Classics from Izon Eden, Alex Drizos...
- Special Events: Wedding receptions, rehearsal lunches or dinners, Anniversary parties, Birthday parties, Business meetings, Pharmacuetical meetings
A word from The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon, located in the heart of Old Town Temecula, brings a new standard to local casual fine dining. Expansive views from our third floor deck and elegant turn of the century setting offer an intimate and inviting atmosphere. Our Classic Steak and Seafood menu features only the highest quality aged Midwestern corn-fed beef along with many other sumptuous selections. We offer an impressive wine list featuring vintages from many local wineries and from the finest regions of the world. Join us for Happy Hour Tuesday through Thursdays from 3-close and Friday through Sundays from 3-6pm. Our bar features Premium Spirits, Draft Beer, Fine Wine and mouthwatering appetizers. Enjoy live music every Friday, Saturday and some Sunday Nights. $1.50/ounce Prime Rib on Sundays 3-6pm ONLY. Join us for a casually sophisticated Breakfast, lunch or a romantic dinner and enjoy a truly distinctive dining experience! Reservations Highly Recommended Friday-Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (9)scenic view (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Restaurant that never disappointsOneofFavoritesDined on 8/23/2014Always a favorite spot for either lunch or dinner. Have never been disappointed in food or service. Owner always in-house and is hands on and friendly. Can choose friendly bar area or quiet booth dining. Also has a nice balcony to enjoy the pleasant IE evenings.Special Features:
- HKVKDined on 8/22/2014We treated our daughter and son-in-law to dinner Friday night. It was an amazing experience. The service was outstanding and the food was suburb. We all had the prime rib dinner and we agreed it was one one the best dinners we've ever had in Temecula. You exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- Steak!Eat4joyDined on 8/12/2014Had a delicious 16 oz ribeye while the rest of the family enjoyed prime rib. All the sides were good, especially the roasted corn. It was fairly low on the noise level which is important to us, but I'm sure it gets louder come the weekend. Service was kind and attentive. I will be back even though it is quite a ways from the homestead.Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!stolimartiniDined on 8/9/2014My sister and I went to the Gambling Cowboy for dinner for my birthday, while in Temecula for the weekend for some wine tasting. We made a reservation for a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and introduced to our waitress. The menu had quite a few selections of steaks, different cuts, prepared differently, and different sizes. We had the filet mignon and prime rib. Both were mouth-watering, perfectly seasoned and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I had the garlic mashed potatoes, my sister had the cowboy fries. Both were very good. Waitress was very attentive. They even gave me a free dessert for my birthday! I would definitely recommend this place. Prices for the steaks were upwards of $35 each, but well worth every penny!Special Features:
- great location, good food!weRfoodiesVIPDined on 8/5/2014We started with an artichoke appetizer, soo good! With the bread and herbed butter, perfect start! Highly recommended! Hubby had the Barrel Steak and it was fabulous! He asked the server to put the bleu cheese and bacon on the side, they also put the balsamic glaze on the side, just in case, very thoughtful. The baked potato was HUGE and very good. I had the pistachio-crusted halibut, it was excellent and moist. My sides were baby potatoes, snap peas and carrots, very generous portion. A good wine list and full bar is nice. Service was attentive and professional. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawnDawnVIPDined on 7/29/2014Cool environment. Food was okay, my bone in filet was somewhat overcooked.Special Features:
- My favorite place!TrishaAmberDined on 7/27/2014This was my second time eating here, and it is by far my favorite restaurant. The steaks are amazing, and I loved all of my side dishes as well. Service was great, and I can't think of anything to improve. Definitely coming back! During our first visit, there was a magician...such a cool way to entertain us at our table while we waited!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomptOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Our first time here and it did not disappoint. Food was great, very nice staff. Will return without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodEz2PLEASEDined on 7/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my night at the Gambling Cowboy. The waiters/waitresses were all friendly and consistently checked if my date and I needed anything. Also, the food was very good and they made sure my steak was indeed medium-rare when I asked for it. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to eat good food and catch up with old friends or, perhaps, have a date night with that special someone. The noise levels aren't obnoxiously loud, but not so quiet that other people might hear your conversation. It is the best steak house in Temecula as far as, not only, the taste of the food, but the pleasant environment the staff provides. Needless to say, I would go again.Special Features:
- "Must Do" Dining ExperienceValleyDinerDined on 7/20/2014Everything we'd heard by word of mouth was true. The food was spectacular; appetizers, main course, desserts, all beyond what anyone deserves to be served. The Chili Dusted Salmon is a must have experience. The service was attentive and just the right amount of constant. There are several quite exceptional restaurants here in the valley. It's one of many reasons to love Temecula. We haven't visited them all, but The Gambling Cowboy is definitely our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableDined on 7/19/2014ALL the Food was delectable! Had the Jalapeño poppers, rib eye (the gambler) and Jalapeño Margarita. I have already recommended to all my FB friends. I will definitely be going back in the near future, even though i have to drive 1 hour to get there. Service was very slow, but we didn't mind, make sure you have lots of time. If it weren't for the slow service I would have given 5 stars :)Special Features:
- Average steakhouse.sdmatt7Dined on 7/12/2014Service was great, side dishes as well...but the steak is just average. Don't go with high end steakhouse expectations and you'll have a great time!Special Features:
- Amazing!CindylouanDined on 7/11/2014We started with a martini in the bar and it was incredible! A good amount and tasted delicious! Our dinner was amazing! The corn, sugar snap peas, and filet mignon tasted absolutely delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureWAJUSAYDined on 7/8/2014I've never had a bad meal here. Their dishes, mainly their steaks, are some if the best in town. My father in law ordered a lobster tail with his steak and it did not disappoint! The lobster tail was a good portion. The sides complimented the dishes very well. This place is worthy of multiple return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic placeRzihDined on 6/20/2014Very happy, great service, totally enjoyed the dinning there.Special Features:
- our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Very nice inside, we had a reservation, they seemed a little confused at the front on sitting arrangements, and it took a few minutes to get seated, there were plenty of tables. service was a little slow, sat for a while before anyone came to the table or even said your waitress will be right with you. Wasn't really too crowded at all. We both ordered steaks, they were good and cooked to our specifics. Our waitress was very nice and did a good job. The kitchen was backed up and she told us that. Took a long time to get our appetizer and food. I think the price is too high for a steak and fries. That was the highlight our our meal. Honestly, my fiance' grills a steak just as good for less than 50.00. I think one time is enough for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was ok. Portions were huge. Service was really, really slow. The waitress was very friendly, but it took forever to get the food, get the check, etc.
- Total PackageWillbebackDined on 6/13/2014Arrived early to watch hockey before our 7pm reservation and we're not rushed away from the game by the hostess instead were accommodated according to our needs. Can't say enough about the food! Complements to the chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPattiDined on 6/13/2014We have been going here for years. Food is consistently good, as well as service. It's our go to place when we have out of town guests.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014This restaurant was better than expected! On my top list of favorite restaurants. I have told several of my friends about my experience there. TOP NOTCH! Will definately be going back.Special Features:
- lovely rustic feelluvthefoodDined on 5/17/2014The food and overall ambiance was excellent from a first-timers perspective. I will recommend this place to all of my friends, and maybe next time try the outdoor seating experience. The live entertainment was very upbeat and entertaining. The staff was excellent overall. The menu gives the diner lots of choices and good food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to spend our AnniversaryDamienDined on 5/13/2014The food and service was excellent. It has a high class western atmosphere with outdoor dining. It's located in the center of romantic old town Temecula.Special Features:
- Great as always!TonitaDined on 5/11/2014We have been to the Gambling Cowboy several times and it's always a great experience! The food and the service are wonderful!Special Features:
- Mothers dayjeepdad13Dined on 5/11/2014Great seating, even on a late reservation for Mothers Day, food and service were both excellent. Had a nice evening with Special company and server was on top of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customeronepickypatronDined on 5/11/2014I've dined here several times and have never been disappointed. Not only is the food outstanding ( I highly recommend any of their steaks) but so are the cocktails, especially the martinis. Each visit I have been seated promptly at my reservation time. The service was exemplary. On at least two occasions our server has been "Frank". He was flawless yet not intrusive. Ask for him and you won't be disappointed. Dinner portions are too large for an average person (the baked potato could be a meal in itself) so expect to bring some of it home with you or consider sharing an entree. A bit on the pricey side but worth every penny. Try to visit early or late for dinner to minimize the noise factor. You can't go wrong dining here!Special Features:
- Not just a steak houseKornDined on 5/11/2014My experiences here have been outstanding. They have great steaks and everything else I have tried has been great.Special Features:
- Brunch-Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Brunch-Quiche was like rubber, overdone; prime rib/sides very good, but bread not available, brought coffee cake instead, desserts excellent. Bartender- margarita-it was horrible. Server/helper were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We have had dinner here and we went to a Sunday Brunch. We had a great time and the food was fantastic we will strongly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitYummyDined on 5/10/2014Nice experience with excellent food. Prices higher than expected, but waitress explained the prices were "enhanced" for the Mothers' Day Weekend. I found that to be a strange comment unless it was accompanied by a special menu which it wasn't. Service was very good once our waitress made it to our table. Until then, we were concerned as we sat for quite awhile until the waitress appeared. We were a party of 4. Three people ordered water and iced tea which came immediately. The 4th party ordered a beer and it took a long time to get that. It came with the waitress when she finally showed up. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived as the only reservation available was at 4:45.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, quiet 'hole in the wall'OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014A great place for a special occasion, quiet and good all around settings. The food preparation was good, not convinced it was worth the value charged, but was very good and we happened to be there with another couple celebrating our Anniversary.Special Features:
- The following 305 reviews are from the The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon reviews archive.
- Always a Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Great food and service. Our favorite restaurant in Temecula. Very consistent, and the variety on the menu is excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome find!We2travelabitVIPDined on 4/18/2014Mother in CA for first time and taking to different cities and WOW this was a big hit! Great flavors and views from the patio. Thank you for seating us outside, really appreciate that. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice way to end the day after.....FrogonalilypadlaughingDined on 4/13/2014wine touring in Temecula Valley. Had family in from out of town and we stopped by this restaurant after searching Open table. The name sounded so fitting for the area. The food was great (awesome corn side dish!) Steak was cooked to our liking. Bread pudding was great! My only issue was that upon checking in with my open table reservation the individual at the front counter was not very nice. Almost annoyed that I made the reservation with open table. I let it go but when the table across from us started to complain about their meal and she came over to see what the issue was she was basically arguing with him! What ever happened to the customer is always right?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a try!onewinegirlDined on 4/5/2014Lived here for over 15 years and had not yet tried this restaurant....my loss. The petite filet mignon and accompaniments were fantastic. My friend tried the halibut...another great choice. The risotto was very tasty. The bar was loud as expected but once we were seated behind the glass partition, the noise was reduced significantly. Also enjoyed live music during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in the area.OlgaDined on 4/4/2014Perfect for a group or a date night. First hand, came here with another couple, we both ordered the 24oz ribeye and split the steak with our other halfs. The ribeye was delicious, order it "oscar style" one of the best ive tasted. Also a must try is the lobster macaroni, they are very generous with the chunks of lobster. The mixed drinks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal on theTommyDined on 3/23/2014We had a great meal on the outdoor patio which included a very enjoyable duet singing and playing. Service and food were enjoyable. Unfortunately, we were seated next to a party of 14 celebrating a birthday who were loud, somewhat obnoxious, and took little or no care of their small children rushing about. Without them it would have been a five star evening.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningChetDined on 3/21/2014I had guests from out of town and wanted to take them to a restaurant with a little flavor of Temecula and the Gambling Cowboy fit the bill perfectly!! Had a great meal and the service was excellent. Reasonable prices and great ambience. Down side it was slightly loud, but our waitress placed us on the partitioned side of the dining room which helped considerably. Chet Millerd Temecula, CaliforniaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great steak outBrownWreckLooseDined on 3/16/2014Enjoyed the Sunday Steak special. I highly recommend it. Great service and ambience. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime rib by the ounceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Sunday special, prime rib sold by the ounce. Excellent rib roast, cooked as ordered, but a little fatty. House mashed potatoes fine, charred corn outstanding. Water, all we ordered, filled frequently. We will return when we find ourselves in Temecula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! !jrockDined on 2/15/2014Went there for dinner it took an hour for food service wasn't the best but the food was good and worth it.. Would recommend and go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.